Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #681  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default now I know....

why I have not wanted to keep up with my totals.... I am in the RED $799.60..... Holy Heavens..... BUT, I have lots of swaps to do this week and I am working on moving cards for my best friend, and 150 adoption announcements for my other friend which are more like mini books, so that will add tons to my totals..... I hope....... and I guess I need to curb the spending just a bit more......

Not sure what comes over me sometimes, but seeing this makes me sick! Hope the hubby never sees this spreadsheet or he will choke too!

Better get into my stamp room and do some creating!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #682  
Kookie Creator

Dani - sorry you are in the red a bit but sounds like you have plenty of projects kicking into gear to help get that number under control. Let us know how you progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #683  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

You're going to do fine, Dani! That is a pretty good 'in the hole' total. But just keep plugging a way and you'll be cutting that in 1/2 in no time.

Card is pretty, simple and elegant looking. Great as a shower gift thank you.

Pick up Challenge #2 and you'll be on your way!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #684  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default #2 Challenge Time: July 6th - 12th

Break out the Primary Colors!

As I said earlier, I seem to use pastels/victorian tones a lot. So this week's challenge is to encourage me to use those Primary colors more. With ideas from you guys, I'll have lots of reasons to use up those colors - So I can order all new ones in SU! :mrgreen:

Remember: You can post your challenges any time. And if you want to go back and catch up on past challenges, just look for the Challenge Time title.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #685  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Kelly Dear, where do we post our pic to for this. Hugs, C
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #686  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbeck19View Post
why I have not wanted to keep up with my totals.... I am in the RED $799.60..... Holy Heavens..... BUT, I have lots of swaps to do this week and I am working on moving cards for my best friend, and 150 adoption announcements for my other friend which are more like mini books, so that will add tons to my totals..... I hope....... and I guess I need to curb the spending just a bit more......

Not sure what comes over me sometimes, but seeing this makes me sick! Hope the hubby never sees this spreadsheet or he will choke too!

Better get into my stamp room and do some creating!!!!
I have been good at keeping up with my totals but avoiding reporting them!!! I think you have me beat (if there is a winner for being in the hole the most LOL) However you seem to have A LOT of projects coming up! I better get busy. I have found a running buddy! Hope you don't mind. I am just so behind everyone else and so far from being out of the red that I need some kind of motivation. I am 631.37 in the red!! Where do you live? Maybe we could go shopping? Just kidding! We would so be bad for each other! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #687  
Kookie Creator

Hi Laurie - we all go through times of getting behind. I say all I can do is pick up from where I am and try and do better. Congrats on the running buddy!

Kelly - Great challenge idea! I'll see what I can come up with and get it posted in a few days.

Carla - I believe we are going to continue using the : S2S challenge 2 for posting our challenge cards. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #688  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaBazView Post
Hi Kelly Dear, where do we post our pic to for this. Hugs, C
Yeah... you found us!

Christine.. I've shortned the keyword just a bit.

When posting pics... post them to your gallery. Use the S2S-C (for Challenge) followed by the challenge number for your keyword

So this week, it would be S2S-C 2

Can't wait to see what you create.

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 07-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: shortened keyword
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #689  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back, Laurie!

Get running. I've been getting on the treadmill every day while GD is napping. (see Avatar pic of cute little tootsie pop). I'm alloting myself $1 for every day I walk and/or get on the treadmill.

And for everyone who's in the hole (or want's to stay on the plus side), if you haven't already - begin working on your Christmas Cards or Gift tags. We are on the down-hill side to the holidays and you'll need them before you know it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #690  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default #3 Challenge Time: July 13-19

CASE TIME -
Go back through your list of Gallery Favorites and Case one of them. It can not be one you�ve case before. Keep the layout the same, but otherwise change it to fit your style- Make Their Card - Yours. When posting, please remember to link back to the cased card� you might just lead us to someone�s gallery we�ve not seen before!

Have Fun! I can't wait to see what designs catch your attention and how you play with them. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #691  
Kookie Creator

Great new challenge Kelly!

Sorry I haven't been on, we had family in and then a friend came to stay for a few days. Fun but not much computer time. Don't know WHAT was wrong with SCS but I couldn't get on here all day yesterday. None of the pages would load, I was so sad. LOL.

I'll try to get some postings and such done in the next couple of days as time becomes available. I have time set aside later in the week to do more crafting with a friend so that should help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #692  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just happy to see you're okay. Yeah family does tend to interrupt our fun. The nerve! LOL

I didn't get my cards finished last night to upload today. I wound up spending my office time printing 130 pages of my recent manuscript I need to polish for a competition. So much for stamping.

Hubby comes home tomorrow. He's bringing a friend with him. Kassie is 12. She has been a part of our family since she came to my daycare at 5 weeks old. She's been to family reunions, weddings, etc. Now she's coming down to spend 3 weeks with me. She loves to craft so I don't think her visit will interfere with play time. If nothing else, it will encourage more of it to get done. LOL

Hubby is gone 3 weeks and home 3 weeks. I love having him home.... but what to do with him so Kassie and I can play. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #693  
Kookie Creator

Can I join in? This sounds like a great way to keep track. I've seen it in people's signature lines, but never knew what it was for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #694  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheri'LView Post
Can I join in? This sounds like a great way to keep track. I've seen it in people's signature lines, but never knew what it was for.
The more the merrier, Cheri! :mrgreen:

I need to reset my siggy line. Whether you're in the hole or in the black, it doesn't matter - it's all about having fun. Grab a challenge and STAMP!

Don't forget to link us to your gallery so we can see what you're playing with.

If you have any questions, just ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #695  
Kookie Creator

Where do you start, just at 0? What counts - only cards I mail, sell, use? What about money I spend on SS swaps?

I guess I could go back and read everything, huh? I do I link this to my gallery?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #696  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Just happy to see you're okay. Yeah family does tend to interrupt our fun. The nerve! LOL

I didn't get my cards finished last night to upload today. I wound up spending my office time printing 130 pages of my recent manuscript I need to polish for a competition. So much for stamping.

Hubby comes home tomorrow. He's bringing a friend with him. Kassie is 12. She has been a part of our family since she came to my daycare at 5 weeks old. She's been to family reunions, weddings, etc. Now she's coming down to spend 3 weeks with me. She loves to craft so I don't think her visit will interfere with play time. If nothing else, it will encourage more of it to get done. LOL

Hubby is gone 3 weeks and home 3 weeks. I love having him home.... but what to do with him so Kassie and I can play. :-)
Manuscript sounds cool, best wishes with that.
Have fun with Kassie, no good ideas for DH though, I know just how that is, LOL! They need their own hobby!!

I'm better at getting cards made than updating my siggy and posting them. <blush>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #697  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Jump right in!! I find that even if I go in the red it is by less than when I am not 'keeping track' or 'thinking about it'.

Stop back often to check in and help yourself keep on track!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #698  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Where do you start, just at 0? What counts - only cards I mail, sell, use? What about money I spend on SS swaps?

I guess I could go back and read everything, huh? I do I link this to my gallery?
Cheri'L - I feel so bad that I missed this post earlier. The very first post of the thread explains what we do but many people have 'tweaked' it to fit their needs and situation. If you aren't counting adhesives in your supply costs and you have enough supplies to stamp for decades and little money then you would adjust down. If you are new and still need what most people consider is basics and money isn't a big issue then you may go the other way. KWIM? Some people added in an exercise incentive, do what works for you and your family budget.

People who swap usually do okay because you make so many cards/pages/items that you have cash to replace the papers, inks, and embellishments.

Ask more questions and people will help out. It is all about doing something to help yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #699  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking eek!

I'm in the red 618!!! I'm pregnant and not doing as much exercise as I hoped. Anyways... I've started my sisters Christmas cards and I have a bunch of projects planned for baby. So hopefully I can pare down that ugly total. (yea!) Advice on whether I should count the cost of becoming a SU demo??? Maybe I should wait! Good luck to all you gals in the hole like me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #700  
Kookie Creator

Default Finally getting these last 2 challenges posted! :)

Okay, I finally got a photo done and posted for the last two challenges. Sorry it took me so long!

Challenge 2 - I had a heads up so I made these cute little altered containers for a 4th of July party we had. The kids loved them filled with snap and pops!

Challenge 3 - CASE from the gallery was fun and easy but posting isn't if you forget to bookmark the cased card (ugh!). LOL! Here is my version, dh didn't want the squares different colors and since the card was for him to give to mom I went with it.

Last edited by cmesinden; 07-20-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #701  
Kookie Creator

Default #4 Challenge Time: Two - Fold July 20-26

This week's challenge is truly a Two - Fold Challenge: Do one or both parts that is up to you!

Part 1: Make a card that has at least 2 folds. In other words more than a piece of cardstock folded once. Let's showcase all those fun folds that are out there! Keyword: S2S-C 4

Part 2: Figure out where you are in your stats. I know mine need to be updated so whether you just post them to the thread or update your signature line, it is time to see how we are all doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #702  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaB29View Post
I'm in the red 618!!! I'm pregnant and not doing as much exercise as I hoped. Anyways... I've started my sisters Christmas cards and I have a bunch of projects planned for baby. So hopefully I can pare down that ugly total. (yea!) Advice on whether I should count the cost of becoming a SU demo??? Maybe I should wait! Good luck to all you gals in the hole like me!
Sounds like you know what you need to do to get that Red number down. As for the cost for demoship, I was thinking perhaps half because that is about how much in stamp sets, etc you got. Depending on how you want to do your numbers, you'll have to decide what you want to do for shows/classes that you do. Maybe someone else will pipe up with their thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #703  
Matboard Maniac

Default been a little MIA

sorry gang..... I just started a new job last week and have been running around getting all the pre-employment stuff done and now I am exhausted from learning so much new information every day that I have not had time to make many posts on my groups.... I have worked on several things lately so my totals need to be updated.... however, I am still in the RED for sure!!!! I will try and see what I can power through this weekend as I would love to participate in some of these challenges! Look for more from me soon - I just need to organize my life and time a bit better and get on a schedule!
Look forward to some stamp time alone this weekend with Hubby away on a business trip from Thursday to Sunday or Monday (haven't seen the itinerary yet) - but have LOTS to do!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #704  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

sorry gang..... I just started a new job last week and have been running around getting all the pre-employment stuff done and now I am exhausted from learning so much new information every day that I have not had time to make many posts on my groups.... I have worked on several things lately so my totals need to be updated.... however, I am still in the RED for sure!!!! I will try and see what I can power through this weekend as I would love to participate in some of these challenges! Look for more from me soon - I just need to organize my life and time a bit better and get on a schedule!
Look forward to some stamp time alone this weekend with Hubby away on a business trip from Thursday to Sunday or Monday (haven't seen the itinerary yet) - but have LOTS to do!!!!
Congrats on the job and we all understand that life can get busy and with a new job, wow! I hope you do get the chance to stamp if for no other reason than the down time to recover from your week. Talk to you soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #705  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I'd not forgotten you guys :-)
Hubby came home for his three weeks and brought a 12 year old with him. This teenager has been a part of our family since she entered my daycare at 5 weeks old. Other than brief (20 min) visits when I'd go back to IL (I've been there 4 times since we moved down here to MO 2 years ago), this is the first time we've spent any time together. I've taken her all the places I've wanted to show her since we bought the house and just not been on the computer much.

'Course that means I've spent money since I've had access to Michaels and Hobby Lobby. LOL But I'll be making up for it soon. We're playing with Polymer Clay and scrapbooking tomorrow. I won't count her pages, I promise hehe. But I'll have things to get caught up on.

She leaves on Tuesday and I'll be back to my schedule.

See ya then!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #706  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Cheri

If you have no clue as to how far you are in the hole, don't worry about it. Start from today! You'll start on the plus side! :-D That's gotta be inspiring. hehe The first post (as Christine pointed out) gives all the basic info.

Everyone does their signature line a bit differently. Some really detailed, others basic. Do what works for you. This is just a fun way for us to see how much we're spending/hoard vs actually using. Whether you grab a challenge or have your own projects to do... just start stamping! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #707  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaB29View Post
Congrats on the soon-to-be new baby! How exciting.

Christmas cards are definitely a good place to start. Can you believe we're only 4 months away? Three if you mail in November! I am so far behind on the swap but determined to have cards to mail this year. I hated doing New Year cards. Just didn't have the same feeling.

On being an SU demo... I wouldn't count the cost IF you joined for it to be a business. If you joined primarily to get your stuff cheaper then cut yourself a little slack ('cause hopefully you'll have some orders from others) and give yourself 1/2 credit. ;)

List your projects planned for the new baby and we can 'egg' you on. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #708  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How's the new job going, Dani? Settling into anything new is always time consuming, regardless of how much we try. I'm proof of that. My daughter and granddaughter have lived with us 5 months and I'm just now finding a 'routine'.

You posted this 3 weeks ago. How did the powerweekend turn out? Anything you can share with us?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #709  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, signature updated. It doesn't look the best, but not near as bad as I thought.

I have my sights set on some stamping this week, catch up on the 2 challenges I've missed and bring the balance out of the hole. Wish me luck! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #710  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Ugh - I have 12 birthdays coming up in the next 2 months, an entire day of free time for stamping and NO motivation. :( I could be adding to my total today...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #711  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

How's the new job going, Dani? Settling into anything new is always time consuming, regardless of how much we try. I'm proof of that. My daughter and granddaughter have lived with us 5 months and I'm just now finding a 'routine'.

You posted this 3 weeks ago. How did the powerweekend turn out? Anything you can share with us?

Well..... no more new job...... have been in and out of hospital with strange disease they can't fix yet.... kinda stinks because I was on liquids for the last 6 weeks or so and now up to mashed potatoes (and only one scoop at a meal) - so things are challenging with no energy!
However, my computer seems to be over it's illness - maybe a good sign for me - and I did have a most productive weekend.... I have my Christmas Card Challenges all completed and in my gallery.... I made 18 fall cards for a swap.... I have completely rearranged my craft room (with the help of my best friend) and it is nice and in order so I can get started on my adoption announcement order that is at 125 qty now..... all the paper is here and I am getting ready to cut!

Here are some links:

CCC09 - October Image by dmbeck19 at Splitcoaststampers
CCC09 - November Image by dmbeck19 at Splitcoaststampers

my gallery:
Christmas CCC09 by dmbeck19 at Splitcoaststampers

Fall Cards:
fall swap by dmbeck19 at Splitcoaststampers

will try and work on the announcements soon and try and get some images up there.....
thanks for checking on me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #712  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Ugh - I have 12 birthdays coming up in the next 2 months, an entire day of free time for stamping and NO motivation. :( I could be adding to my total today...
Nicole! You're in the BLACK! Way to go!

How are those birthday cards coming along?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #713  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well..... no more new job...... have been in and out of hospital with strange disease they can't fix yet.... kinda stinks because I was on liquids for the last 6 weeks or so and now up to mashed potatoes (and only one scoop at a meal) - so things are challenging with no energy!
However, my computer seems to be over it's illness - maybe a good sign for me - and I did have a most productive weekend.... I have my Christmas Card Challenges all completed and in my gallery.... I made 18 fall cards for a swap.... I have completely rearranged my craft room (with the help of my best friend) and it is nice and in order so I can get started on my adoption announcement order that is at 125 qty now..... all the paper is here and I am getting ready to cut!
Wow, Dani! I hope this note finds you on the road to recovery. It sounds like you've put the time to use... probably more keeping your mind channeled I'll bet. ;-)

Know we're all thinking of you.

With my contest entries in the mail and my next column not due for about 4 weeks, I hope to be in here more. Have challenges to catch up on ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #714  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Dani Checked out your card links. You've been busy! Did you post pics of your cleaned area?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #715  
Matboard Maniac

Hi - I've been keeping track on my own, but have been bad at updating it here. I just finally did. I'm in the black right now! But I just signed up to go to Archiver's Scrapfest in September, and will probably find too many things there. I better try to get a lot done in the next few weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #716  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hey Dani Checked out your card links. You've been busy! Did you post pics of your cleaned area?
Back and ready for action! I have just finished the 125 announcements and posted photos in my gallery along with my NEW STAMP ROOM!!!! My hubby has been so good to me lately!!!!! I am super excited to get creating in my new room - check it out!

I will be updating my totals soon - just have to figure out what price to pay myself for these creations - they were a lot of time and work.....
Dani
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #717  
Mad Swapper

ok so I am back (finally ) in my studio after many mornth of moving and unpacking and trying to update my S2S sheet. Would wedding favors be an altered item or a card? I can't decide. Thanks ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 07:29 AM   #718  
Matboard Maniac

Hello Ladies! I have been working on a budget for the last few days and think that this would be a great way to curb my spending. I tried to download the excel file to track, but was unable to. I would love to join you guys mid-year if that is OK?

Have a great day,
Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #719  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I have to take a look at my sheet as I went to Scrapfest yesterday and spent $ at Archiver's, but it wasn't as bad as it could be, I'm still in the black. Then, I got home and found out I have 2 cards published in Just Cards, so I'm thinking I should give myself a "bonus" - just not sure how much yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #720  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

So my totals are so far off that I am going to take them off my signature line. I figure I am way in the red and have no idea how much. I did not keep track of the exercise or the card making very well and God knows do not have any idea how much I have spent, but know it is way more then it says.

The rest of you have fun and keep up those totals.
Reply With Quote Likes