Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #521  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I'm a visual person and I had planned to use the Excel file but I'm more a pen and paper kind of gal. (I even do most of the writing of my books by hand) So I took a blank check register from my husbands desk and covered it in pretty paper from my DCWV OnceUponATime scraps. It's pretty and sits right on my work table. When I'm done for the day I make my 'deposit' entries and have a running total at my finger tips.

Because I will only get to shop for supplies a couple times a year (unless I order on-line which I seldom do), I am keeping a shopping list in the back so when I do get to go to a real store I have a list and my register to remind me I'm on limited funds.
I do this too! I find it easier to keep track like this on the go as well. I usually add this to my crop bag.

I like your idea re the shipping list ... THAT would have been helpful this weekend!! I went to a crop with friends at a scrapping store. Not so good for the bottom line, but I did get some great pages done

We've been sick and school's started up again for me (work full time, school part time) so I'm slowly getting back into it. Hopefully I'll be in the black before SaleaBration is over ... otherwise I'm thinking I can't really justify my demoship. But that's actually a good thing I guess ...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #522  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin DesignsView Post
I'm going to join in on this one. Hopefully I will be more motivated to use my supplies before buying more.
Welcome! It is so worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #523  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I am keeping a shopping list in the back so when I do get to go to a real store I have a list and my register to remind me I'm on limited funds.

Creative Blessings!
I started keeping a 'want' list last year. (I made a list for everything from stamps to books/cd's) I would put something on the list and then tried to wait for three months before I bought it, that way it gave me time to make sure I really 'needed' the item. I still over-spent last year, but not as much as the year before, so I know it helped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #524  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

I LOVE ScrappinCEO's idea of using the check register, which she decorated, to keep track of her accounting. I make notes in my calender, which I then transcribe to a table I made in a word file on my computer. VERY cumbersome. I'm going to dig out an extra register and just CASE this wonderful idea. And having it - and a shopping list - with me when I shop will be a godsend.

Thanks for a truly inspired idea!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #525  
Stazon Splitcoast

i spent some more then made some more!!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #526  
Stazon Splitcoast

2 hour delay for 0.5" of snow!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #527  
Mad Swapper

I hate updating my signature so here's my January numbers:
Earned by stamping: $61.00
Earned through sales: $41.25
Christmas $ left over: $50.00
Total spent: $49.00
So, I guess I still have $103.25 to spend....woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #528  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside RoseView Post
I am one of those truly blessed women whose DH sits down in front of the TV and promptly falls asleep. 7-10 seconds is his average.

I'll set up a TV tray to work on assembling cards, and he'll come in, always in the middle of a show I'm watching, and ask to turn the channel to his favorite MSNBC. Before the end of the first news item, he's ZZZZ'ing away, and I just flip it back to my show.

So it was a little tongue in cheek when I wrote that LOL. I soooo love this guy. He never complains about what I spend on stamping, takes me shopping even when I say I don't need anything, and tosses stuff in the basket that he's sure I need (and sometimes, it ends up being the most fab stuff). I have to be careful about saying I'm interested in something - he shows up home with it.

He's the one who bought me a Cuttlebug and everything that goes with it -- I didn't even realize he was checking them out at the store while I was browsing! (I had no interest in getting one - I used to do all my own embossing by hand. Yikes!! I wouldn't be without it now!)

Like I said, he totally destroys my budget....

Okay, enough bragging, and no, I don't lend him out! ;)

Cathy

I also have one of these amazing men that I am married to! He takes me shopping to 3-4 crafts stores in one day. He puts things in the cart and thinks I should try this and that.... He even registers and pays for CK Conventions so that I can have the extra paper pack instead of getting in free as a hubby to carry stuff. He takes an active interest in new things to show me, even though he is not interested in cards/stamping.... he just loves me and is interested in making me happy - love him to death! Think I am one of the luckiest people around just because I know him. So - YIPPEE - for us lucky ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #529  
Gallery Gazer

I had built up a surplus of $87 and was looking forward to spending it on vacation next week. Then I got an email from House Mouse that they were offering free shipping with no minimum purchase. I promptly went on to their website and put 3 stamps in my cart. I ended up removing one before I submitted my order so I only spent $19. So I still have lots left to spend, and I have some cards and swaps to finish. I should be able to earn that $19 back shortly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #530  
Stazon Splitcoast

do i go on negative if i just joined SU lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #531  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbeck19View Post
I also have one of these amazing men that I am married to!
I think what makes it all work is that we recognize and appreciate them. I make sure that my DH knows how appreciative I am and I go the extra mile to make things easier for him too. It works both ways.

I can't tell you how many times I've said a silent prayer of thanks to my DH's ex-wife for divorcing him. I've got one absolute gem....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #532  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I can't tell you how many times I've said a silent prayer of thanks to my DH's ex-wife for divorcing him. I've got one absolute gem....
This made me smile. I often wonder what DH's ex was thinking when she divorced him either. But I'm glad she did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #533  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
This made me smile. I often wonder what DH's ex was thinking when she divorced him either. But I'm glad she did.
The irony is that she still complains bitterly about the same things she always found fault with and says he hasn't changed... still has the same "faults" that she claims "ruined" the marriage.... but the things she complains about are things that I think are very positive attributes. Go figure. I just can't understand it. I can tell you sincerely that the things she is so critical of are things that you and I value.

It's very, very hard sometimes, being the "After Wife". I do my best to keep my distance and not have any involvement with her but it's not always easy since there is a child involved. He just turned 19 so our need to have any regular contact with her will be coming to an end soon. She's a control freak and felt she should have control over our home together (not a place she ever lived, but since their son spends time here, she felt she should have carte blanche to come and go as she pleased and to direct how we run our home!).

I wish she treated me as graciously and as respectfully as I treat my son's stepmother! Now THAT gal is wonderful, she's a terrific step-mom, and she advocates for my son with his dad. I make darn sure that DS shows her appropriate respect, remembers her birthday, and remembers her on Mother's Day.

She handles my former husband far better than I ever could and that sets a good example for my son because his father can be very, very difficult. As many issues as I have with him (my ex-husband), I am very grateful that he chose such a wonderful lady to be the stepmother of his son. She and I communicate all the time, and we work hard to attend things for our son together, celebrate birthdays and special events, all four parents together. We even carpool with them to the college and to events when the college band travels. It totally blows the minds of other parents when we go to band events and we introduce his stepmother and we're all chatting and getting along LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #534  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm in once again . This helps me a lot in controlling my mind :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #535  
Embossing Fanatic

Well I did not accomplish much during January. I decided around the 1st of January that I wanted to re-do my studio and that took much longer than I expected. So didn't get any cards or pages done. But February is off to a good start. My studio is clean and organized and I have made 2 LOs and done 50 stamped images for a trade. I hope to get a lot more done this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #536  
Embossing Fanatic

I agree with everyone else on updating my signature it is such a hassle so here is mine.

Earned from stamping: $33
earned through sales: $2349.00
gift money: $682.00
Total Spent: $1658.00
So I still have $1373.00 left to spend. Now to just figure out what else I could possibly need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #537  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Light some candles, put some wonderful mood music on, order take-out for dinner (something you really adore), and have DH massage your shoulders.... then park him in front of the TV and hightail it to your stamp room!

Don't let yourself be stressed about it. Visit a few galleries and blogs and you'll quickly find your mind brimming with fab ideas!

Cathy
I listen to the 70's music channel on the XM -Direct TV channel. LOL That's my creative day mood music
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #538  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
LOL

Well, let's see...
How much is going to be spent OUTSIDE of meeting quota? :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #539  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll update tomorrow after I create but I did spend a little last week. Hubby and I discovered a town we've not been in before and I found some scrapping stuff. The closest to me anywhere! I bought 2 black Glaze pens, 2 volleyball license plate embellishments and stickers. Volleyball stuff is so hard for me to find in stores so I snatched those right up. I spent $9
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #540  
Embossing Fanatic

Well I have gotten 2 LO's done so far in February. I am not sure how to put link in my post or pic but they are in my gallery if you want to see them. They are simple compared to everyone elses I see here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #541  
Gallery Gazer

I did really well today. I made 7 recipe cards for a swap. DH and I had a cord of firewood delivered and we had to move it to the back yard and stack it. It took about 2 hours. It counts toward activity points for Weight Watchers, so I decided it counts towards my exercise goal here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #542  
Matboard Maniac

just adding up some new items i completed this week. i made 3 note card sets for kiddos and 20 atc valentines for 1 of them and i still have a couple of swaps to do and 3 more sets of valentines to finish so i just might meet my stamping goal so that i could place an order this coming week i will be uploading my work as soon as i can get a chance to. xo mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #543  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
It's up to you ...

I count my minimums, but I'm strictly a hobby demo who makes my own mins myself. Yes, I'm in the red by an astronomical amount but I figure it's more the awareness of how much and what I'm spending.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #544  
Glitter Guru

I just updated my siggy. I made 15 post it note holders last week to put in goody bags for a mini scrapbook retreat Friday and yesterday and one coming up in March. I have about 30 more to make for the one in March. I also got 14 LOs done. Wahoo! The best part is I've used a lot of my stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #545  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Finally I am in the black again. I made 14 cards this weekend. I was going to exercise to get a few dollars, but never seemed to find the treadmill in the house. lol

I love the idea of putting things in a book and going back three months later to see if I still want them. Wow. That would be so worth it. Unless I am in the store when I see it, then it will not work so well for me.

Have a great week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #546  
Kookie Creator

I had fun scrappin with my friends yesterday at our LSS. I'm still not caught up yet. The good new is I prepared projects to complete with my stash and I only spent $2.61 at the store which is unprecedented for me. I broke my C plate trying to emboss my nestabilities so that has to be replaced.

I still have more swaps to complete and I've got Stamp Camp this week too. I'm not sure that the book will help me. I can't wait for three months. I'm still trying to earn enough for Score Pal by March at the convention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #547  
Gallery Gazer

I've been busy making card, granting RAK wishes and exercising. Right now I have $108 accumulated. Tuesday night I have stamp club and will spend around $30 - that's what's on my list, but I usually add something. Then I have 2 wonderful store to stop at on vacation: the Handcraft House in Madison, VA and The Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC. I'm sure I'll be in the red when I get home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #548  
Matboard Maniac

Default What a wonderful weekend....

I got mu hubby's valentine done.... it is a book of "all the things I love about you" with 8 pages front and back, bound with the Bind-it-All with a gift card holder in the back - I alloted myself the $5/LO and counted both sides as one.... so $40 for that.... I made my CCC09 March and April cards - so that is $48 and I also made 2 altered notebooks - $10...... drum roll please.......

I made $98 over the weekend (mostly yesterday) and did not spend ANY of it yet...... However, I am planning my SAB order for today - so will probably go in the negative a bit....

Totals so far:
Earned: $267
Spent: $107.66

Remaining: $159.34!!!!! WooHoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #549  
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone is doing AWESOME!

I didn't get to do any creating at all on Sat. I spent the day at a book sale and then doing some internet stuff while I had WiFi access. My ISP is treating me horribly and I can't get business taken care of so I can play. ::: pouting :::
Hoping to get caught up next Sat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #550  
Matboard Maniac

just added 6 more cards, another stationary note set, and will be working on another 2 sets of valentines for my boys (last minute i know and some more cards. i feel rich in my card money. hugs! mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #551  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to a care home last night to make cards and mini pages with their photos. I just updated my signature to include 10 cards, and 10 mini pages (counted as 5 layouts) since I used all of my own supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #552  
Gallery Gazer

Finally getting caught up with the thread! CONGRATS to all you who have so much spending to do!!! I have been trying to spend less time on everything else including on the computer and more time crafting. I am still in the red but only by about $30. I love the spreadsheet. I don't think I would still be even keeping up with totals without it. We are having company this weekend so I probably won't get much done and with Sale-a-bration going on right now I am sure to be getting further in the red. Oh well, I am still doing better by at least knowing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #553  
Hardware Hotshot

I've just been doing a straight card sales v card spending - but I think I need to join a different thread which should be called Spend to Stamp! Gasp - have you seen my balance?!!! - thank goodness my DH doesn't be looking at these posts or I'd never hear the end of it!
Definately not buying anything else until I've caught up a bit ... and this time I mean it! (I blame all you lot for most of my spendig anyway!);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #554  
Die Cut Diva

Wow, with so many sales going on around my area this weekend, it is so easy to over spend, as you see I have. However it's a long weekend, so lots of time to play and get ahead again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #555  
Kookie Creator

I was wondering what you gals think about this...I'm selling one of my high priced items because I never use it and I want a Big Shot. I'm selling my high priced item for about $100, which is the same price (not including tax & shipping) for the big shot. Would it be unfair for me to only count the cost over $100 if I buy the Big Shot? I won't be buying the Big Shot until I sell the other item 1st. What do you thinK?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #556  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by java_jennyView Post
I was wondering what you gals think about this...I'm selling one of my high priced items because I never use it and I want a Big Shot. I'm selling my high priced item for about $100, which is the same price (not including tax & shipping) for the big shot. Would it be unfair for me to only count the cost over $100 if I buy the Big Shot? I won't be buying the Big Shot until I sell the other item 1st. What do you thinK?
Go for it and just record the difference. You'll have a blast with your Big Shot. I don't have one but I love my Cuttlebug and they are similar. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #557  
Glitter Guru

Just popping in to say hi! I am having withdrawals b/c I haven't scrapped or stamped in a week. My soon-to-be-fabo craft room is a disaster right now but I have to have it done by this Friday for a crop. I am re-arranging and re-purposing furniture to make it a true craft room instead of craft/office/junk room. I've made great progress so far today so back to work. Should I reward myself with some earnings when it is done?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #558  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies!
I haven't been on here in a while, and I haven't been in my craft room for a while (wedding plans keep getting in the way!) but I have a question for everyone!
I am going on a stamping retreat next month. It's to a really cool place that is really a farm, but they've converted a barn into a workshop room, and they have a really neat scrapbook store there too. I'm totally psyched as it's been years since I've gone to one of these. My question is, do I count the registration fees as money spent? I know that if I buy anything in the store while I'm there, I'll count it for sure, but what are your thoughts on the retreat fees that cover lodging, food, etc? We don't get any supplies included in the fees, it's just for the room and board. Any ideas?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #559  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalia DisaView Post
Hi Ladies!
I haven't been on here in a while, and I haven't been in my craft room for a while (wedding plans keep getting in the way!) but I have a question for everyone!
I am going on a stamping retreat next month. It's to a really cool place that is really a farm, but they've converted a barn into a workshop room, and they have a really neat scrapbook store there too. I'm totally psyched as it's been years since I've gone to one of these. My question is, do I count the registration fees as money spent? I know that if I buy anything in the store while I'm there, I'll count it for sure, but what are your thoughts on the retreat fees that cover lodging, food, etc? We don't get any supplies included in the fees, it's just for the room and board. Any ideas?

TIA!
Personally, I say don't count the registration. I think that it's a weekend away to relax. Would you count the money spent to go to a hotel for a weekend away? no!

I think that any supplies to buy before you go, or a the retreat have to be counted, but the registration fee is not a supply, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #560  
Glitter Guru

I agree. I would not count the fees either. It is not supplies. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes