Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #401  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I spent $1.60 on supplies and some adhesive. I also bought a few things for my DSS little sister, but since it's not for me, I don't think it should count.

I'm 4 cents in the hole, but I'll be in the black after I go to the gym. I must say, this is making me think more about what I spend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nana PamView Post
I was just thinking, I have a bunch of unfinished projects (from CKU's & conventions, etc). I'm thinking about giving myself an incentive of a $2 bonus for each unfinished project that I complete. What do y'all think of that idea? Pam
Great idea, Pam! They're taking up space and you're already part of the way into the project. Get them puppies done up and out the door - and pad that balance while you're at it ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryatscsView Post
well, i just received a new delivery which included by new (yay!!) cuttlebug, their swiss dots die, tattered angels pearl mist and a vintage photo distressed ink. that doesn't count right :-) i ordered those before i started this lol so i definitely have to get some "work" done i am so excited about this challenge :-) i think the sad part is that i already have my "wish/shopping" list and i haven't even started my cards :(
New toys! You have inspiration just waiting to burst! Go for it!
I'll be in and out all day tomorrow getting my Jan. Christmas cards done, as well as 4 valentine gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #404  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristastampsView Post
I'm in on this challenge! I have so much stuff to use, I'm changing my spending requirements.
20 cards completed = $10
5 pages completed = $10
Welcome, Krista! You're starting with a clean slate. You're going to do AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #405  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nana PamView Post
I was just thinking, I have a bunch of unfinished projects (from CKU's & conventions, etc). I'm thinking about giving myself an incentive of a $2 bonus for each unfinished project that I complete. What do y'all think of that idea?

Pam
That's so funny! I was just thinking the same thing this morning! I was thinking of allotting myself $1-2/project depending on how much I need to do. Great minds must think alike!;)

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #406  
Kookie Creator

I agree with not counting the cost of a replacement tool, but do count the cost of a new tool in the totals.

I'm counting organizing my scrap stuff in my totals. I'm giving myself $2/30 mins in my stuff.

I'm not planning on counting things like replacement blades for my cricut, or my trimmer. I'm also not counting adhesives.

I'm not counting postage for mailing my cards to people, but I am counting shipping costs to me for stuff I buy online. I'm also not counting envelopes.

I'm not counting stuff I'm buying with gift cards or frequent buyer cards from my LSS. It's free stuff, in my opinion!

And, like I said in a previous post, I'm giving myself credit for finishing projects that have been sitting around. Especially stuff from conventions, workshops, etc.

I think this whole thing has been really good for me. I feel like I am not mindlessly spending anymore. I caught myself putting something back in the store b/c I didn't want to write it down and be more in the red than I already am!

I plan to be in the black by Monday, just in time to have my SAB order ready to go for Feb 1. Then I'll really be in the red! But, I'll still be in better shape then I normally would be.

Thanks for the support, encouragement, and ideas on this thread. It has to be one of my all-time favorites!

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #407  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Way to go Helen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #408  
Forum Fanatic

Can anyone join this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #409  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstinkerbelleView Post
Can anyone join this?
Sure! You can keep track of your totals in your signature line, if you'd like.

The idea is to use up your stash and spend time creating.

Have fun, and welcome aboard!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #410  
Matboard Maniac

i just decided on my break down. $1 per card, $2 per scrapbook layout or altered item and $1 per 10 minute workout. i usually spend way too much money on my supplies and then don't do anything with them. this will definitely get me creating and getting fit and reward myself with new supplies. Man, i hope this works
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #411  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CicicaraView Post
It sure adds up a lot faster! I want to place a $300 with SU and get just 1 more MS punch then I'm done spending! I'll have to stamp a whole lot to get my credit up.

I sure know what you mean! I'm $33 to the good on this deal, and I have about 2 weeks before I want to make my big $300 SU purchase! Of course, then we'll both have so much wonderful new stuff that there will be NO STOPPING US!

I'm waiting till the 1st also so i can get free SAB bennies! I HAVE to spend $300 to meet my quota. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #412  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Question, do I have to count money I spent on craft stuff for other people? I'm in a couple of secret sister swaps but I've only been counting the money I spend on me. Also what about white cs? I'm definitely counting colored but was hoping to get more white without it counting against me.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #413  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslairdView Post
Question, do I have to count money I spent on craft stuff for other people? I'm in a couple of secret sister swaps but I've only been counting the money I spend on me. Also what about white cs? I'm definitely counting colored but was hoping to get more white without it counting against me.
I'm not counting things I buy for my secret sister since it's not for me. I'm not sure about white CS. I think I'm not going to count it. I buy the GP 110 lb paper from WalMart and it's not too expensive. Since I make almost all my cards with a white base, I think it's the same as adhesive.

What do the rest of you ladies do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #414  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
I'm not counting things I buy for my secret sister since it's not for me. I'm not sure about white CS. I think I'm not going to count it. I buy the GP 110 lb paper from WalMart and it's not too expensive. Since I make almost all my cards with a white base, I think it's the same as adhesive.

What do the rest of you ladies do?
That's what I was thinking. Yay! I put back a magazine today and only bought adhesive at Mike's because there's so much other stuff I want to get and I haven't gotten to stamp this week.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #415  
Glitter Guru

I just updated my totals and it is really an eye opener to see how much I have spent so far this month. I finished some cards for a swap today so I am still ahead which is a good thing. I've still got cards for one more swap to do. Off to get started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #416  
Glitter Guru

I have to make about 35 items for my scrapbook retreat's goody bags (I'm a CM consultant). I have extra $ in the fee to cover this expense. Do I count them or not? I know I will have to buy supplies for them. I'm thinking of doing mini-clipboards that hold post-it notes (Colcyr SU Take Note Swap 11/08 by StampinGoodDeeds at Splitcoaststampers) and maybe a matching pen. I will probably do some sort of bag or box too.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #417  
Insane Embellisher

Granted, I haven't stamped or created anything yet this year, but I have to get busy! Last year, I counted everything I spent, excluding postage for cards sent. (If I get that far, the postage is free!) I just checked out the SAB flyer, and I am kind of disappointed. I liked the Congrats set, but didn't see anything that was a have-to-have item. I am debating if I should have a party (no longer in a card club) in March, but I will have to earn some money before then....need to justify spending $$ on stamps when we just bought our house and I am due mid-April. Anyway, I am totally rambling (ala 4am and can't sleep). I need to go search for some shower favors for my SIL, and maybe something Valentine-y to make for DH.

Keep it up! Everyone is doing awesome, and it is so impressive to see how many people are committed to $ accountability.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #418  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Ladies.

Congrats Victoria. Both on the new house and the soon-to-be new arrival. April is going to come so quickly.

I'm on here all day today creating so if anyone wants to chat, I'll check back often. I have 10 ATC's, 10 Christmas Cards and 2 Sympathy cards I hope to get done today, plus updating 2 blogs and starting a new one.

I so love my Creative Saturdays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #419  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
I have to make about 35 items for my scrapbook retreat's goody bags (I'm a CM consultant). I have extra $ in the fee to cover this expense. Do I count them or not? I know I will have to buy supplies for them. I'm thinking of doing mini-clipboards that hold post-it notes (Colcyr SU Take Note Swap 11/08 by StampinGoodDeeds at Splitcoaststampers) and maybe a matching pen. I will probably do some sort of bag or box too.

What do you think?
I think I would count them. I think I would include the items I made, and the amount that I spent on the supplies. I wouldn't include any extra profit I made from the fees.

Your choice of goodies sounds like a fun idea. Enjoy your retreat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #420  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

I am motivated just by reading everyones comments. I have to make my monthly Christmas cards today and since no one is here to bother me, it is a good reason. That and I placed an $90 order last night. I needed some stuff, okay!!!! lol Oh and I am interested in the Nestabilities and have trouble deciding which ones to buy. There is a another thread about 20 percent, sooooooo I may have to stamp a whole lot today. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #421  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
I am motivated just by reading everyones comments. I have to make my monthly Christmas cards today and since no one is here to bother me, it is a good reason. That and I placed an $90 order last night. I needed some stuff, okay!!!! lol Oh and I am interested in the Nestabilities and have trouble deciding which ones to buy. There is a another thread about 20 percent, sooooooo I may have to stamp a whole lot today. lol
Here's my unsolicited opinion on buying Nesties. I didn't know which Nesties to buy first either. I finally decided on the complete set of rectangles. I ordered from Cut@Home and used their 40% off coupon. I've been very happy that I chose them first and I use them alot. I'm going to purchase my next set in a month or two and I think I'm going to get the complete set of circles. That way I will have something with curvy lines and something with straight lines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #422  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

I made 14 cards today. Now I am only $20 in the hole. I made my January Christmas cards for the challenge and four birthday cards. Maybe I will make February, but my book is calling me to read. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #423  
Glitter Guru

Oh no, I went to M's today! There is like a magnetic attraction pulling me there. I had a 40% off coupon that expired today so I wanted to use it. I got bottle of purple Prima flowers. I think I am going to use the q's until I get all the colors. I have two 50% off 1 item Q's to use this next week. I also love looking thru their $1 bins for ribbon (I'm a ribbon junkie) although today I got a stamp and 3 rolls of ribbon from this section and I was charged more. I'll be going back there tomorrow to return them. Well, off to make some cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

I updated my blog and Abby's will be updated by tomorrow! - see what is bumping my totals!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #425  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I went to M's to exchange some Cuttlebug folders that I got for Christmas - did you know that they only give you credit for the current price, minus 20%, if you don't have a receipt? So, instead of even exchanges, I ended up spending an additional $7.91 (and there was one that they didn't carry, so they wouldn't take it back).

Of course, that was the one I liked the least and will probably never, ever use. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #426  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Ask the person who gave it to you what store they bought it at. If you don't want them to know you are returning it, tell them you just want to look around.
Most stores won't let you return things without a receipt for anything but store credit, and will often give you only the going price, if it has been reduced. I ran into that years ago when I was returning duplicate baby gifts that I received.
Since M's regularly runs 40% off coupons, and 30 to 50% off sales, I wouldn't be surprised if you could only get 60% on something returned without a receipt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #427  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyDRView Post
I updated my blog and Abby's will be updated by tomorrow! - see what is bumping my totals!
Molly, the photo cube is adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #428  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you - it is about time I used that danged thing - and my husband even liked it!! BONUS!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #429  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to laugh because I made a resolution to make between 6-10 Christmas cards each month to get them done early...I figure the more I can work on things early this year the better off I will be...It is officially the last week in January...guess I better start!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #430  
Matboard Maniac

Here is the link (I think) to my invites that I slaved over....

Baby Invites - Jan 09 by dmbeck19 at Splitcoaststampers

hope you can all get to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #431  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyDRView Post
Thank you - it is about time I used that danged thing - and my husband even liked it!! BONUS!
Loved the photo cube!

Could you provide a link to the procrastinator's challenge? Sounds like something I can really use!

TIA, Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #432  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbeck19View Post

ADORABLE!!! So worth slaving over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #433  
Gallery Gazer

Wahoo, I earned $10.20 today. I lost 2.4 lbs when I weighed in at Weight Watchers, spent 40 minutes on the treadmill and stamped images for a swap. I also found out that when DH and I head south over President's Day weekend, we will be going right by one of my favorite LSS - the Handcraft House in Madison, VA. I gotta keep losing, walking and stamping to earn more money to spend there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #434  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbeck19View Post

OMG - those are just adorable. Great job - they look perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
Wahoo, I earned $10.20 today. I lost 2.4 lbs when I weighed in at Weight Watchers, spent 40 minutes on the treadmill and stamped images for a swap. I also found out that when DH and I head south over President's Day weekend, we will be going right by one of my favorite LSS - the Handcraft House in Madison, VA. I gotta keep losing, walking and stamping to earn more money to spend there.

congrats!
i weighted myself last night so i lost 1 lbs.
one dollar out of negative so far ;)
plus a couple of favors i did, so im getting there little by little ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #436  
Rubber Obsessor

I lost another pound (that makes 48 since June last year!!!) But I'm just counting the 4 I've lost this year so far - Yay!!! I also decided to add exercise at $1 per day that I do it - as a motivation to get on that old Gazelle. I did it 2 days last week and then again today.

I have some cards in progress so hopefully I'll get them done tonight or tomorrow. I am saving up for a new punch or two as soon as I get another coupon for JoAnns or AC Moore. This is adding up pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #437  
Kookie Creator

I'm behind in updating but I've been keeping my spreadsheet up which is really good.

I did buy a new cutter mine is dying that was a large expenditure then I bought some thing at the scrap store Sat. when I taught a class. I paid for it out of my earnings but I suppose I really shouldn't count it so I added it to my totals. Those 2 things put me over my earnings so I went to the gym today and started a couple of new projects! Gotta earn some more money to get back in the positive again!

Congrats on everyone's weight loss. Your all doing AWESOME.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 AM   #438  
Mad Swapper

Well I didn't have to buy a cutter this weekend after all. I found one in the closet! LOL Go figure. But I did get (finally) my Sleigh Bells Ring Set that I ordered in Dec along with some new cardstock in Tangerine and the double hole punch. Total Cost 26 so I made 26 Christmas cards and matching envies last night. Whoo hoo. Purchase completely "paid" for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #439  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinGalzView Post
Total Cost 26 so I made 26 Christmas cards and matching envies last night. Whoo hoo. Purchase completely "paid" for!
Now that's the way to do it!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #440  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!

You guys are doing just AWESOME! I love the weight loss totals. If any of you are wondering where it went - I gained 2 pounds. Stupid new Mexican restaurant opened up with authentic food. I ate there 2x last week. But at least now I know. hehe

I got the 10 ATC's done on Sat. but the Christmas cards arent' quite finished.
These are probably the most involved all do through the whole CCC09 challenge. Lots of glitter drying time required between stages. When I get them finished today or tomorrow, I'll upload everything to my gallery and update totals.
I did upload 8 new cards to the gallery on Sat. a.m. so we're making progress.
Reply With Quote Likes