Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Have you started your 2007 Christmas cards yet?
Yup! 15 6.76%
No--are you all nuts? 100 45.05%
I'm going to use the 2006 cards I never sent out. 16 7.21%
Not yet, but I have an idea. 69 31.08%
I'm a crazy rabid squirrel and I plan to be done by the end of the Summer. 14 6.31%
Just like this year, I plan to wait until Christmas Eve to make them. 8 3.60%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Cheryl!

�If I didn't have spiritual faith, I would be a pessimist. I've read the last page in the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." - Billy Graham

Nazanin is free!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made about 30 cards this year. The photo of Cubby in my avatar, was the image for my "5th Day of Christmas" card. There's no photo in my gallery yet - and it wasn't stamped - but I added gold wire to the photo to resemble an earring, 2 bracelets and 2 necklaces. The inside and back of the card were printed on my PC, which is what I've been doing for many many years.

I used to incorporate a vacation photo into my card each year and then decided I hadn't been doing enough drawing since I was in college art classes. I started drawing a series of cards for the "12 Days of Christmas", featuring a different cat each year and the gift of a partridge or turtle doves, etc. I always intend to start early - like NOW - but I never do. Next year will be the 6th day of Christmas, so no reason I can't have them done early, but this year I didn't even start them until Dec, went back to a photo instead of a drawing, and sent them out a week or 2 before 12/25.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, Michelle
I just wanted to add - about addressing envelopes - I just print all my addresses onto labels from my PC. They can be used at Christmas or on anything you send to people throughout the year. Saves a lot of time and typos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

So good to hear that you girls aren't "perfect". I am so far from it that it's not even funny. I made 2 cards this year - don't laugh too hard! Just getting started in cardmaking & not really owning many stamps yet, it's a little difficult. I am some Christmas sets picked out & will be ordering them this month, sooooo..... I do have some ideas in mind & hopefully I will be able to say next year, "I did it!"
Peggy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

I like the Christmas in July approach. This year I finished all my Christmas cards by the end of July. I plan on doing the same next year. I find I get so busy once October comes that it would be too stressed if I waited any longer to complete them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Don't shoot me, but mine are done. I always make them the year ahead when I am still in the Christmas spirit and when all the Christmas supplies are half or more off at the stores. I do about 100 and there is no way I could wait until next holiday season and I just do not like to do them in the summer or fall when not in the mood.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by clee1953
Hi, Michelle
I just wanted to add - about addressing envelopes - I just print all my addresses onto labels from my PC. They can be used at Christmas or on anything you send to people throughout the year. Saves a lot of time and typos!
When I get a printer I can do all that stuff with labels, & make 'em all fancy like, too! I intend to do all sorts of stuff with my new all-in-one when I get it, whenever that'll be!

�If I didn't have spiritual faith, I would be a pessimist. I've read the last page in the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." - Billy Graham

Nazanin is free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Don't shoot me, but mine are done. I always make them the year ahead when I am still in the Christmas spirit and when all the Christmas supplies are half or more off at the stores. I do about 100 and there is no way I could wait until next holiday season and I just do not like to do them in the summer or fall when not in the mood.
OK, like, do you mean you're all done for next Christmas? Are you serious?!!? Wow!!!! I am amazed, truly amazed! But if that's what's good for you, then whoohoo! I am in admiration of you. I don't have the drive to do 100 like that, but you have given me inspiration to work ahead this year. Thanks!

Nazanin is free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I voted for waiting until Chrismtas Eve! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper
My next question is....

How many did you make for this year? Do you plan to make the same, more or less? :mrgreen:

I made 50 and it wasn't enough. I need to make more for next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

What a great and entertaining poll !

How wacky is this? I decided to NOT make any birthday cards this year, so I can focus on making 2007 Christmas cards before my baby is born in early July. I also plan to scrapbook for DS2 who only has 2 pages in his book because I've been making cards all year. I decided that I LOVE making the Christmas cards so much and birthday cards stress me out a little.......so I'm ditching them this year !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Quote:

I made about 30 cards this year. The photo of Cubby in my avatar, was the image for my "5th Day of Christmas" card. There's no photo in my gallery yet - and it wasn't stamped - but I added gold wire to the photo to resemble an earring, 2 bracelets and 2 necklaces. The inside and back of the card were printed on my PC, which is what I've been doing for many many years.

I used to incorporate a vacation photo into my card each year and then decided I hadn't been doing enough drawing since I was in college art classes. I started drawing a series of cards for the "12 Days of Christmas", featuring a different cat each year and the gift of a partridge or turtle doves, etc. I always intend to start early - like NOW - but I never do. Next year will be the 6th day of Christmas, so no reason I can't have them done early, but this year I didn't even start them until Dec, went back to a photo instead of a drawing, and sent them out a week or 2 before 12/25.
So clever! How fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckarasz
I voted for waiting until Chrismtas Eve! ;)
LoL! Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa73
What a great and entertaining poll !

How wacky is this? I decided to NOT make any birthday cards this year, so I can focus on making 2007 Christmas cards before my baby is born in early July. I also plan to scrapbook for DS2 who only has 2 pages in his book because I've been making cards all year. I decided that I LOVE making the Christmas cards so much and birthday cards stress me out a little.......so I'm ditching them this year !
Naw...not too wacky. I seriously need some birthday card intervention or something. Either I don't make them...or I do and don't get around to sending them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

I've tried making my cards ahead, but then some really cute stamp, idea or paper comes out in the holiday catalog and I end up just making more - or getting all grumpy because I'm sick of the ones I made, but can't just throw them away! So I usually wait until Fall to start.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, so maybe not Chrismas Eve. Probably the begining of december ;)
TSG Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 08:28 AM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthWord
OK, like, do you mean you're all done for next Christmas? Are you serious?!!? Wow!!!! I am amazed, truly amazed! But if that's what's good for you, then whoohoo! I am in admiration of you. I don't have the drive to do 100 like that, but you have given me inspiration to work ahead this year. Thanks!
There are some things I am totally organized about and some things I blow off. I love Christmas cards and getting them done. Yes, the 20076 ones are done. I don't address until the day after Thanksgiving to make sure addresses are current. On the other hand, my windows have not been washed since I don't know when, and my basement is a disaster area. If I did not love making the cards so much I probably wouldn't be motivated to do them a year ahead. Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJane1031
I'm going to 'try' and do what I did last year. . . I made 100 cards and had them ALL done before the end of January, so all that was left for me in December was addressing envelopes. Had 'em all out BEFORE Christmas!! My mom also made 100 cards--we didn't get started on hers until Thanksgiving, but had them done and sent out by mid-December, so did O.K. there as well. BUT I want to have BOTH her and my cards done before spring. And, I think I'll have to go with 125 this year for me!

So, does that actually make me a rabid squirrel?!
I think it does!

Dang--I'm impressed girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

I'm still working on sending out my cards for this year. I decided I was just going to extend the holidays until I got the chance to send them out. I'm so behind!!!

Smile. no one knows what you're really thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
There are some things I am totally organized about and some things I blow off. I love Christmas cards and getting them done. Yes, the 20076 ones are done. I don't address until the day after Thanksgiving to make sure addresses are current. On the other hand, my windows have not been washed since I don't know when, and my basement is a disaster area. If I did not love making the cards so much I probably wouldn't be motivated to do them a year ahead. Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about Christmas.
I know what that's all about! My place still needs some more unpacking & straightening up from when I moved in, but there are other things that seem to take precedence. Mind you, it is all getting to me now, & so I don't think the mess is going to last much longer. Still, when the urge to be outside or to be creative comes over me....:mrgreen:

Nazanin is free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #61  
Compulsive Stamper

This year I sent out 61 of my own cards; didn't actually get them done until after Christmas. LOL! The reason? I was too busy making 476 Christmas cards for my hubby's business for HIM to send out before Christmas!! It was only supposed to be 350, but the bomb dropped the week before Christmas and he needed another 125.

I've already started on next year's cards. I hope to have the pharmacy ones done by September!! I also have to make my own cards, probably will plan for around 60, and I have a brother in law getting engaged and the plan is for me to do the wedding invites for the June wedding.

Happy stamping!

My fun little gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=74941
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellybear
This year I sent out 61 of my own cards; didn't actually get them done until after Christmas. LOL! The reason? I was too busy making 476 Christmas cards for my hubby's business for HIM to send out before Christmas!! It was only supposed to be 350, but the bomb dropped the week before Christmas and he needed another 125.

I've already started on next year's cards. I hope to have the pharmacy ones done by September!! I also have to make my own cards, probably will plan for around 60, and I have a brother in law getting engaged and the plan is for me to do the wedding invites for the June wedding.

Happy stamping!
WHOO HOO!!! Welcome to 'Rabid Squirrel' Status!!!!

Update for me: Mom & I have her cards figured out, and I have all of the CS/supplies already, I just haven't gotten around to getting everything prepped for her! Have the stamp set for my cards, but haven't figured out what I'm going to do for mine, yet. I'll get there!

You know, I really don't want people to spoil my delusions with reality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 05:42 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Boy let me tell you! I don't plan on waiting tell so late again! I even was late in shopping!! Not this year!! I had a bunch of cards made but they were gone before i new it. So here i was makeing 5 at a time and trying to find all those perfect gifts.And ofcourse i had to drive over and hour to nearest big town! Well not this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

These cards sound charming - are they in your gallery? I love the "12 Days" concept, and obviously I like cats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

I participate in a xmas stamp a stack from August through Dec. We do 12 cards monthly (3 each of 4 designs) for the first 4 months and then in December we do gift card holders and tags. So, I don't stess about it. I do end up needing a few more cards, but I usually just make a few more of my fave one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #66  
Insane Embellisher

I do a twist on Christmas Cards...The past 2 years, I have done newsletters...and so it is a regular piece of paper folded in half...I put a picture of us on the front and then on the inside I have the newsletter...at the bottom is where I do the design...this past year, I used City of David and they were FABULOUS! Anyway, as for next year's cards...hhhmmm...I will probably start them in September/October like I did this year....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #67  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

I start making Christmas cards in August and while playing in the daily challenges. I like the creative process of making a card but not the repitition of recreating them over and over. I ended up having enough cards for all my friends and family list and sent 35 or so to my Challenge Chasers group here on SCS. There were no two cards alike but I had fun creating each and every one of them. I have done this two years in a row and it is my plan for this year as well.
Reply With Quote Likes