Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 12x12 Organization

I recently tried to reorganize my stamp room, and now I am realizing that my current paper holder isnt what I like. So I was going to get the paper holders from Stampin Up with my order today, but I think it is a little pricey. What do you ladies suggest?? Do you have any pictures of how you store yours?
I looked at Walmart.com and couldnt find a thing! I guess I must not be searching under the right catagory.....

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR AWESOME, IM SURE, suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I wish I had known that SU was going to be selling theirs. I would have waited. I bought the Cropper Hopper ones just like them either at Hobby Lobby or Michael's and they were around $24.00 each! (Only about a month or two ago!!!) Even with coupons, they were still more. Exact same thing! I say order SU..way cheaper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I just bought the SU ones and so far I like them. Ididn't think $8 was too much.

I just finshed organizing all of my paper by family and color - 12X12, then 8X11, and then my scraps in a page protector all together. Until recently I had them each in a different spot and I was going crazy when I just wanted a small piece of a color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wal-mart & Target both carry a 12x12 3-drawer storage item (only about 12" high) made by Sterlite and is about $10. I think the drawers are 2-3" deep.
K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Cropper Hopper 12 x 12 holders. They look exactly like the SU ones. My local scrapbooking store has them for $5.99 - $2 cheaper than SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

FYI...Stampin Up announced today that their paper holders have been flyin' out the door, and they are now backordered. After today, they won't even be orderable, if there is such a word, until March, when they begin to receive them in stock again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 07:47 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
FYI...Stampin Up announced today that their paper holders have been flyin' out the door, and they are now backordered. After today, they won't even be orderable, if there is such a word, until March, when they begin to receive them in stock again.
Well that stinks!! I guess I wont be ordering them for a while! I will have plenty of time to explore my options!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:15 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

www.scrapbooking-warehouse.com has them for 3.91. It's just the vertical paper holder without the folders but they sell those seperately. I just needed the actual paper holders not the folders so I got these. It holds 200 sheets of 12x12 paper. The item is under organization then cropper hopper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by santakitty
Wal-mart & Target both carry a 12x12 3-drawer storage item (only about 12" high) made by Sterlite and is about $10. I think the drawers are 2-3" deep.
K
I bought one of these at Wallyworld about 4 months ago, and made my own "dividers" that are flat and seperate colors-patterns from the others. I LOVE these drawers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiotwinsmom
www.scrapbooking-warehouse.com has them for 3.91. It's just the vertical paper holder without the folders but they sell those seperately. I just needed the actual paper holders not the folders so I got these. It holds 200 sheets of 12x12 paper. The item is under organization then cropper hopper.
Thank you, I have never seen this site!! VERY NICE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinchick
I bought one of these at Wallyworld about 4 months ago, and made my own "dividers" that are flat and seperate colors-patterns from the others. I LOVE these drawers.
Do you know if they offer them online??? I cant seem to find anything for organization there.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't picture ther Sterlite storage from Walmart... does the paper lay down flat in the drawers or on it's edge? I wish I could see a photo.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quoting: "I wish I had known that SU was going to be selling theirs. I would have waited. I bought the Cropper Hopper ones just like them either at Hobby Lobby or Michael's and they were around $24.00 each! (Only about a month or two ago!!!) Even with coupons, they were still more. Exact same thing! I say order SU..way cheaper."

Stampin' UP!s vertical organizers are not cheaper than cropper hopper's. SU! sells their 12X12 holder for $7.95 to hold 200 pieces of CS. Then you have to pay $5.95 for 4 dividers. So right there, your price is $14. With Cropper Hopper, you get the holder that holds 200 pieces of CS PLUS 4 holders that hold 50 pieces of CS/paper (200 more) PLUS12 dividers. So this holds 400 pieces of CS & you have 12 dividers, with SU! you would have to pay $16 to hold 400 pieces of CS plus $18 to for 12 dividers - which is $34.00. If you have a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, the CH one is $12! AND you get small ones to hold your SB paper - which I like better than the big one.

So Cropper Hopper is the better deal. With SU! you are paying for name brand, the quality is just as good and you get more with Cropper Hopper.

If you have a DYMO label maker, it is so easy to label the small paper holders as well as the big and the dividers - making finding your SB paper quick and easy!

I am loving Vertical storage - it is freeing up some needed space that I desparately need!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

This is what I use for 12x12 paper storage:

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Hope this helps!

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can count and those that can't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

*note: I don't keep my 12x12 paper/CS this way, but I thought it was interesting.

I saw on a suggestion for 12x12 storage on a website one time. The woman said she had been thinking about storage and got to thinking about what other things were 12" by 12" when she remembered records. You guys remember them, right? Circular, black, had a small hole in the middle, had music on them before 8-tracks/cassette tapes/CDs/MP3 players? ;) Anyway, this was the website she recommended:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=14

I'm not sure how many sheets you could fit in one, but the price isn't too bad (and they come with lids! *grin*)

Personally, I use a container I bought here in Japan at the local Nafco (think Home Dep*t or L*wes).

G'luck!

I started an itsy-bitsy gallery...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

I saw a set of the 12x12 vertical holders at Costco this week...I believe it was for a set of 4 holders with dividers for $15 (17 pieces)...looked pretty nice!

--
Cindy
chiripa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 04:36 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Are the SU vertical holders just like the Cropper Hopper ones? I bought the CH ones and was disappointed because they were so much bigger than my 12x12 paper that it really moved around. It seemed like it was an inch and a half longer than it needed to be.

I am still looking for the ideal solution. Right now they are just stacked verticle squished between catalogs. I like verticle since it takes up less space. In the past I have tried the wire mesh cubes from Target but I found those took up too much space and my paper got really dusty. I have also tired the expensive wire horizontal holders from novelcraft but they are too expensive for me and paper still gets dusty. I like the drawers from Walmart but you would need a lot of space if you wanted each color separate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 05:00 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I was sooo excited about the SU storage for 12X12, I bought 2 and I hate them! Because you have to fold them together, the organizer is not smooth inside, it has flaps and bumps. I am afraid they will damage my paper. I also am not confident the bottom would not just fall out when you picked up the box. I called to see if they were having problems with this and they said they were not, they also said I could not return them because I opened the package...... which really made me mad, because it was not a consumable product and how the heck was I supposed to know if I liked it until I put it together!?!?! So if anyone would like them, let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfnelson2
Quoting: "I wish I had known that SU was going to be selling theirs. I would have waited. I bought the Cropper Hopper ones just like them either at Hobby Lobby or Michael's and they were around $24.00 each! (Only about a month or two ago!!!) Even with coupons, they were still more. Exact same thing! I say order SU..way cheaper."

Stampin' UP!s vertical organizers are not cheaper than cropper hopper's. SU! sells their 12X12 holder for $7.95 to hold 200 pieces of CS. Then you have to pay $5.95 for 4 dividers. So right there, your price is $14. With Cropper Hopper, you get the holder that holds 200 pieces of CS PLUS 4 holders that hold 50 pieces of CS/paper (200 more) PLUS12 dividers. So this holds 400 pieces of CS & you have 12 dividers, with SU! you would have to pay $16 to hold 400 pieces of CS plus $18 to for 12 dividers - which is $34.00. If you have a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, the CH one is $12! AND you get small ones to hold your SB paper - which I like better than the big one.

So Cropper Hopper is the better deal. With SU! you are paying for name brand, the quality is just as good and you get more with Cropper Hopper.

If you have a DYMO label maker, it is so easy to label the small paper holders as well as the big and the dividers - making finding your SB paper quick and easy!

I am loving Vertical storage - it is freeing up some needed space that I desparately need!

Vicki

Ahhhhh!...I was wondering how it was so much cheaper...(learn to read the fine print). I should have known. I still think it's a lot of money for a piece of plastic. But I really like them because they take up a lot less space and I love that I can label the dividers. I would prefer a 12 x 12 file cabinet but I'm not sure they make those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Well, if you're looking for cheap, what I have really won't work for you, but what I have is great! I have the Store in Style (made by Crop in Style) filing drawer which I buy 12x12 hanging file folders to go into. I love it because it keeps my cs out of the sun, away from dust, etc and I can organize it the way I want. I actually have 4 of them and they look cute together, I stacked them 2x2 and put them next to eachother so that gives me another surface for storage on top as well, instead of on my table. I have a TON of cs, so if you aren't a demo, you probably don't keep cs on hand the way I do, but there are other modules that they all fit together and you can pretty much customize how you want your storage.

The very best place to find them is at Joanns (we have a superstore that just opened up that carries a very small selection) with a 40% off coupon. If you can't find that, www.memories.com gives free shipping with orders over $40 (I think) and everytime I've ordered, I've gotten free shipping. Since the cubes are pretty much the same price everywhere, this was the best deal before joanns started carrying them.

I also use 3 of the SU vertical storage for just my patterned paper, and I really like them. I used my label maker to make labels so I can divide them out however I want them (and I got a lot of extra dividers cause I'm anal about searching for what I want to use--I want it NOW! ;) ). When you fold them together, they can be a bit "lumpy" on the inside, but once you put the paper in, it goes flat (of course depending on how much paper you have in there), and it's totally not going to damage your paper. I keep mine flat on my desk, but every time I've lifted them up at all, there's no chance my paper is going to come out the bottom (and mine are pretty full). They might be just plastic, but this plastic is pretty strong. Anyway, JMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 01:22 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

I love the Cropper Hopper Vertical folders. I ordered 8 of them from J's when they were on sale for $4.49 and they had free shipping. I thought that was enough but I was wrong so I ordered one from SU because I had to put my monthly order in. I also ordered the dividers from SU. I can't wait to get them.

I put all my SU cardstock in one (sorted by color), all my CTMH cardstock in one (sorted by color), misc cardstock in another one (sorted by color), themed background papers sorted by color went into another 2, CTMH background papers (sorted by color) went in another one and then all my CTMH kits (sorted first by theme and then by color within that theme) went in to the remaining 2. I need one more for my Bazzill. I would like to get a few more because the ones I have are full and I've just ordered more Bazzill. Can we say paper addict? Anyway, I love them. And they freed up enough space for me to put my sewing machine out for all that stitching I hope to put on my pages.

I did the same thing with all my 8 1/2 x 11 cardstocks and background papers. This was done much cheaper because Target had magazine folders in their dollar spot. $12.00 is so much better than the $50.00+ I've spent for my 12 x 12. I keep telling myself that it is ok, I'm organized and it has helped me a ton.

Just a side note - the one thing that has helped me the most is the way I'm storing my scraps now. I bought 3- 3 drawer Sterlite units that sit between my work space and my cutting station. Each drawer is for a color.

Anyway, it is so easy to take a drawer out when I need, say a blue and it is a great way to keep my cutting area clean. After cutting, I just throw each color in their drawer. I used to folders, ziplock bags, envelopes, etc. Always hated having to get them out, open them up and look through them or stuff the scraps in them. THis way, they are right there.

Ok, this has turned into a novel. Sorry. Just excited to have some organization in my craftroom.

Take care,
Michelle
SAHM to Nick (7), Joe (6) and Sam (4)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Someone made a statement about the Cropper Hopper being a bit bigger than the paper - This is probably because every company makes their 12X12 a totally different size - which I hate - wish they were all EXACTLY 12X12, because that's what the call it - even SU! doesn't make it that size so it will fit in the scrapbook pages better - WHY NOT MAKE THE SCRAPBOOK PAGES a little BIGGER? (Sorry for that vent) - anyways, some companies tag on a strip that you have to tear off that has the bar code on it - this is probably why the vertical storage things are a bit bigger - to accomodate those.

As for the person that had the problem with SU! not allowing them to return something because they didn't like the product - I had this same problem with the new chalks when they came out. I was quite peeved about it. The chalks were breaking when I was just opening the lid and my colors were not blended right - had dark spots in some of the chalks - they wouldn't take the product because it was opened. I argued that Wal-mart would take it back and I thought that return policy was *crap* because that is not good customer service. I could have paid to send the item back to have them deem it defective (because of some of the chalks had dark spots in them). I can understand not returning stamps, but there are things that a customer tries and isn't happy with, the company should just let them send it back and give them thier money back - especially when we've spent hundreds of dollars at their company. Argued that too - lost all the way around. Sorry to say, you are stuck with your product. I love SU! except for a few minor rules.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #23  
mra
Inking Addict

I saw the Cropper Hoppers for sale yesterday at Costco. I'm sorry I forgot the price?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Costco has the Cropper Hopper one--it comes with the Paper Holder(says it holds 400 sheets)--also with 4 Paper "pouches"(I think that's what they called them--I got rid of the box)-these pouches fit into the paper holder to help separate your paper --It also comes with 12 plastic dividers -to further divide and organize your paper. It was 14 something. I saw the same set at my local Scrap Book store for 24 something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2006, 03:27 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been using USED priority boxes. After getting something in the mail in them, I cut them in the shape of a magazine box, then I covered them with with some wallpaper I had hanging around. They're sturdy and best of all, free!

Suz
Reply With Quote Likes