Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2023, 03:44 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Default ******** a legit company?

Is ******** a legit company? anyone order from them??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2023, 03:44 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Well now That answers my question!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2023, 07:06 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 661 Likes on 409 Posts

Haha! You must be talking about Al*Expr*ss, which is a swear word on this site! I order all sorts from them, socks, golf spikes, foam tape, daubers, Tsukineko legit inks, and other legit and original stamps, tools, and dies. I stay away from stuff I recognise as genuine USA designs. Most of their top sellers are on Amazon, too. One good thing is they don't charge USA rip-off international shipping rates, so that's why I like them and buy from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2023, 06:05 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
Haha! You must be talking about Al*Expr*ss, which is a swear word on this site! I order all sorts from them, socks, golf spikes, foam tape, daubers, Tsukineko legit inks, and other legit and original stamps, tools, and dies. I stay away from stuff I recognise as genuine USA designs. Most of their top sellers are on Amazon, too. One good thing is they don't charge USA rip-off international shipping rates, so that's why I like them and buy from them.
No I know about AL*Exp*ss
Its a company that sells Dies. K*K*R*osa. Since the name was asterisk out in my original post, I'm guessing they are a no go company ordering from.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
sf9erfan (01-13-2024)
Old 12-29-2023, 08:14 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 661 Likes on 409 Posts

Oh, I see. I've never heard of that company before, so I did a little research. I guessed the vowels where you put the stars and found the site. You can't tell where it's physically located. There are pointers to France in the T&C's, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore on FB, and even a Manhattan phone number, and one single email address. They've got 67,000 followers on Pinterest, though, lol! If SCS has blacklisted it, they must've had their reasons.

OK. I've looked at the product lines a little more closely now, and it's definitely carrying some Ali** stuff, rebadged US products, and some original products. The English across the site is also wildly different in fluency, lol. I'd hesitate to buy, esp with the SCS *** rating, lol!

Last edited by Renata Joyner; 12-29-2023 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Further information
Reply With Quote Likes
lesliespringer (12-29-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 12:20 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I just looked into that company yesterday. Reviews run the gamut of good to really bad and a consumer group says to be aware that some items are knock-offs and there are no returns. It sounds like they are based in China and ship exclusively from there.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lutheran:
lesliespringer (12-29-2023), Renata Joyner (12-29-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 01:33 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
Oh, I see. I've never heard of that company before, so I did a little research. I guessed the vowels where you put the stars and found the site. You can't tell where it's physically located. There are pointers to France in the T&C's, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore on FB, and even a Manhattan phone number, and one single email address. They've got 67,000 followers on Pinterest, though, lol! If SCS has blacklisted it, they must've had their reasons.

OK. I've looked at the product lines a little more closely now, and it's definitely carrying some Ali** stuff, rebadged US products, and some original products. The English across the site is also wildly different in fluency, lol. I'd hesitate to buy, esp with the SCS *** rating, lol!
Thank you for your research. much appreciated. I was going to due research, but as far as i got was reading reviews. Some were good and more were bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (12-29-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
I just looked into that company yesterday. Reviews run the gamut of good to really bad and a consumer group says to be aware that some items are knock-offs and there are no returns. It sounds like they are based in China and ship exclusively from there.
Mary Beth
Thank you for your research. As far as I got was looking at reviews I was interested in one die. Saw a post on Lets Make Cards FB page. I have searched high and low to find who makes the die I am interested in. Even posted in thread "who makes this stamp", but no one has responded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2023, 02:00 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,868 Posts

Leslie, I know nothing about this company. I saw your post on the who makes this stamp. Basically this die is making a Flap Fold Card. There are several tutorials available to make this card or something similar without that specific die. Here is one from Connie Stewart that is close and it may help you: https://simplysimplestamping.com/die...lap-fold-card/

https://simplysimplestamping.com/fun...ht-and-cheery/

LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
lesliespringer (12-29-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 02:46 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Leslie, I know nothing about this company. I saw your post on the who makes this stamp. Basically this die is making a Flap Fold Card. There are several tutorials available to make this card or something similar without that specific die. Here is one from Connie Stewart that is close and it may help you: https://simplysimplestamping.com/die...lap-fold-card/

https://simplysimplestamping.com/fun...ht-and-cheery/
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (12-29-2023)