Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2020, 05:31 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Yeti Falliday Fest Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Mixed Media Die Cut Collage
Hostess: UnderstandBlue aka Lydia
Keyword: FF20UnderstandBlue
Date: 11.02.2020

I saw a beautiful process unfold from my friend Dawn Woleslagle - the owner of WPlus9. While she is known for watercolor, her mixed media is stunning. So with her permission, her process is your first challenge. Here are the steps.
  • Start with a piece of watercolor paper for the card front
  • Die cut any shapes out of watercolor paper. I'm using leaves.
  • Glue the shapes all over the panel.
  • Using a water reactive ink - Distress Inks, Distress Oxides or Hero Hues or Atelier Inks - ink blend several colors over the whole card panel.
  • Splatter with water and another medium - gold or white ink or paint or glazes
  • Finish your card.
I can't wait to see what you do!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 20,2020 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_6991.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20understandblue_annsforte3_snowflake_collage_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-gold-fall-hello-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_0290.jpg  

Last edited by dini; 11-02-2020 at 03:20 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Challenge Title: Making Spirits Bright
Hostess: dini aka Dina Kowal
Keyword: FF20dini
Date: 11/2/2020

Winter is cold, but there are so many images of light associated with the holidays - they warm our hands and hearts and give us hope of better days to come.

For my challenge today, create a holiday card depicting some source of light - the sun, a star, the Northern Lights, Christmas lights, a menorah, fireplace, lantern, light bulb, or candles.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 20,2020 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. Cards with combined challenges may not count as more than one entry for prizes. You are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword FF20dini when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Please have fun - these challenges are for YOU! We want you to head into the holiday season with a full stash of beautiful cards and projects to give.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_6980.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_6983.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20dini_annsforte3_candle_in_the_window_by_annsforte3.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 11-02-2020 at 03:20 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Challenge Title: WATERCOLOR DIE CUTS
Hostess: Stamp_Momma aka Lori
Keyword: FF20stampmomma
Date: 11.02.2020

One of my favorite techniques is to use diecuts without the corresponding stamp for beautiful mini watercolor canvas. You can do this two ways:
1) cut the watercolor paper first to create the shape
2) watercolor a beautiful sheet of paper and then diecut the shape

Very forgiving technique and super relaxing!
I can't wait to see what you create!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_6986.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-232c0776-lori-craig-oct2020-pti-.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-h2o-toadstools-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20stampmomma_annsforte3_resting_cardinal_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Last edited by dini; 11-02-2020 at 03:21 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Challenge Title: Holiday Buffalo Plaid
Hostess: Scraperwannabe aka Misti
Keyword: FF20scraperwannabe
Date: 11-04-2020

My challenge is to use buffalo plaid on a holiday project. Any holiday, any kind of project.

I can't wait to see what you do!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-a3912844-2939-4a9c-ab30-ba3c8603cf90.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_7006.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Challenge Title: Be Thankful
Hostess: CAKath aka Kathy
Keyword: FF20CAKath
Date: 11-04-2020

2020 What a year! It's likely we haven't seen much of our friends and loved ones and the holidays are upon us. Maybe this is the year we send Thanksgiving cards to remind those special people how grateful we are to have them in our lives. My challenge it to create a Thanksgiving card or a Thank You card for someone special.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_8771.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_7005.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20cakath_annsforte3_thanksgiving_leaves_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-thanksgiving-h2o-leaves-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

Challenge Title: Gift Card Holder
Hostess: Shoe Girl aka Lisa
Keyword: FF20Shoegirl
Date: 11.06.2020

This year since I can't get together with many friends and family I am going to do gift cards and mail them.

My challenge is make a gift card holder. There are tons of gift card holder folds in the tutorials.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-11-6-20-ff20shoegirl-santa-gift-card.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_7043.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20shoegirl_annsforte3_magical_christmas_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20shoegirl_annsforte3_lots_of_bucks_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-951abef5-4cd3-4f61-a68f-b48fc946f876_1_105_c_by_cakath.jpeg  

Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-5bdb8192-d51b-4c75-8d2a-f9d5292f8ba4_1_105_c_by_cakath.jpeg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-gc-love2-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-gc-love1-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 11-06-2020 at 04:24 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Challenge Title: Winter Sparkle
Hostess: JRHolbrook aka Gracie
Keyword: FF20JRHolbrook
Date: 11.06.2020

I love shiny, glittery and sparkly things, therefore, I love the Christmas season!
Make a card that's full of shine and sparkle! The more glitter the better! One option: a SCS tutorial where you use an old dryer sheet and glitter to create a frosted effect: Dryer Sheet Technique Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

You do not have to use the Dryer Sheet tutorial, but your challenge is to use lots of glitter on your card! You, too, will be sparkling when you're done with this card!

Hugs, Gracie

View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE 

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,823 Posts

Challenge Title: Ink Blending on Black Cardstock

Hostess: annsforte3 aka Ann

Keyword: FF20annsforte3

Date: Monday, November 9, 2020

Welcome everyone to Falliday Fest 2020!! So happy you have joined us!!

My challenge has a few steps to it, but I think you will like the outcome!

1. Find that wonderful Christmas stamp that would look good with a blend of your choice of ink.

2. Stamp your image using Versamark onto black cardstock.  Must be black for this challenge!  KEEP YOUR STAMP IN YOUR STAMP POSITIONER, as you will need to stamp it again and heat emboss!

3.  If your Versamark is not bold enough, stamp again so you can view the image. It does get a little darker as it dries!

4. Now stamp the image again on masking paper to make a mask to go around the outer edge of the image. You want to protect the rest of the card stock from the ink blending.

5.  Using your favorite type of ink, begin to blend the ink around the image, add the colors of your choice in the areas you want highlighted.  Note: you are not heat embossing the image till after you blend the color all around the image and the ink dries.

6.  LET THE INK DRY!! When dry, dust with your anti-static tool.

7.  When the ink is dry, stamp again with Versamark, and heat emboss with your choice of color of metallic embossing powder.

Note: use your favorite ink blending tool, maybe daubers, brushes, or handheld blending brushes to apply your inks.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge HERE 

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Many thanks to all of my sample makers!!

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20annsforte3-annsforte3-fairy-magic.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20annsforte3-annsforte3-snow-birds.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20annsforte3-annsforte3-snowman-night.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-444a4d2b-c222-4461-9e2c-63c8fcf841b2_by_smadson.jpeg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Challenge Title: Fairytale Winter Wonderland Inspiration Challenge
Hostess: Luvtostampstampstamp, aka Rebekah
Keyword: FF20luvtostampstampstamp
Date: Monday, November 9, 2020

I have a glitzy, gorgeous Inspiration challenge for you! Anything goes from this link, Fairytale Winter Wonderland

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 25, 2019 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our Falliday Fest card drive. The donation thread is HERE (tba).

Thank you for participating!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-cfb58e2a-9e44-4d86-8650-87e18bc2ffd4.jpg  
Old 10-31-2020, 11:37 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Let it Snow in Technicolor!
Hostess: hbrown aka Holly
Keyword: FF20hbrown
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I love snow but we very rarely get it where I live in Texas. I would love to see your snowy creations, but to keep things interesting, your snow/snowflakes can NOT be white. I want to see colorful snowflakes and technicolor snowy landscapes. Feel free to add glitter and bling and all things sparkly for even more eye candy!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 20, 2020 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword - FF20hbrown - when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20hbrown_annsforte3_blue_night_snow_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-snowflake-winter-bfly-hb.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20hbrown_annsforte3_snowbirds_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20hbrown_by_luvlee.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Holiday Candles
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: FF20LuvLee
Date: 11.11.2020

I love the soft glow of candles and scented ones especially!  So my challenge is to make a card with holiday candles.... any holiday... any type of candles!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday
Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than
November 20,2020 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our
fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your
image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid
typos.

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20luvlee.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20luvlee_annsforte3_merry_mice_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-candlelight_greetings_hb_by_hbrown.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 11-11-2020 at 04:42 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Challenge Title: Twine Inlay
Hostess:MiamiKel4
Keyword: FF20MiamiKel4
Date: 11 13-2020

2020 has been a year of getting wrapped up in all kinds of uncertainty but let's turn that into something creatively positive! My gramma would say tie and knot and hang on - it gets better! My challenge is for you to create using the twine inlay technique!

Here's the SCS tutorial which is super simple and step by step!
Twine Inlay Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you LEE and ANN for your beautiful samples!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-phonto-2020-11-05t010414.183.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-phonto-2020-11-12t203652.321.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20miamikel4_by_luvlee.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20miamikel4_annsforte3_holiday_tree_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Challenge Title:  InLay Die Cut 
Hostess:  smadson  Sharon
Keyword:  FF20smadson
Date: Friday 11/13/20

Welcome to the last Falliday Fest Challenge of 2020!  This Falliday Fest has gone by so quickly!  I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have!

So one last time!  Here we go!

My Falliday  Challenge for you , is a technique that really gives beautiful results, and you have several options on how to do it.  It can be as intricate as you want to make it.  I will show you step by step below.  Just remember you want to inlay the die, not put it on top of the cardstock.  Die cut the shape out of one color, then die cut with another color.  Then put the second shape in the negative from the first one.  If you want to be intricate, you can use a more intricate die, and put in the little bits and pieces.  This is pretty, but for someone with patience!  It sure does make a pretty card though.

I also have some samples below for you, too.
If you do not have a die, your could use a punch, and punch a shape out of the carstock, then punch the shape in a different color and inlay it in the punched hole you made with the first color.

Steps as pictured below: 

Die cut from first color

Die cut from second color

Mount first color on cardstock

Inlay your die cut into the shape

Also, here is a tutorial  for more ideas for inlaid die cuts by Dini:  

However you choose to do it, have fun!

Samples below 

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE 
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 20, 2020at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our Falliday Fest card drive. The donation thread is HERE (tba).

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-inlay-step-1.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-inlay-step-2.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-inlay-step-3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-inlay-step-4.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_8874-1-.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-img_8875-1-.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-12-15-18-shirly-cousin.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20smadson_annsforte3_holiday_decorations_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2020 Master Challenge Thread-ff20smadson_annsforte3_snowy_tree_by_annsforte3.jpg