Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital stamping frustrations

Hi everyone. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

I was hoping some of the amazing digital stampers out that can offer me some suggestions.
I am having a very difficult time with my digital stamping. I am spending WAY to much time on the computer, resizing things so they fit a quarter fold card, allowing always for the layers that need to be added and so on.

Is there a simple method for doing this. I am wasting ink, in printing sample sheets, then checking to make sure the sizing in good, then reprinting it on the water color paper (I only own watercolor pencils for coloring).
As I mentioned in another post, when you add the amount of time it takes me to figure layouts and so on, and then the amoutn of time it takes me to view the gallery for the samples on the particular digi I am thinking of purchasing, it can take me up to three hours to view samples, purchase digi and resize for stamping....THEN I get to create the card.

Any suggestions. Would love all your feedback.
Thanks,
Paula
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

It shouldn't be frustrating. I just use my image resize tool and set it to resize proportionally and set the size of either the width or height (depending on what my layout is).

Usually my image ends up about 2-2-1/2"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Paula Anne, if you are using MS Word, here is how I print mine to the size I want.
Open up a new word document. Go insert picture and insert your digi stamp. Right click on the image and select size in the menu and then change one of the dimensions - either the height or width. I usually only change one because you want the ratio to stay in proportion. If you need more help, you can pm me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Paula Anne :-) Here are a few things that I do to help speed things along:
I keep all of my digi images in one folder on my computer, to make them easier to find.
I usually find it easier to copy and paste the image into a word document when I want to resize and print.
If there is a lot of white space around the image, then it helps to crop this off (right click to format picture, then crop from left/right/top/ bottom).
Then, if you know what size you want to print it, then tick the 'lock aspect ratio' box on the 'size' tab and type in either the width or the height that you want (if you lock the ratio then the height and width will automatically increase in the right proportion).
OR, if you want to size up by eye, then choose to view the document at 100%, this will show on the screen the exact size that the image will print. Click on the picture so that you get the box around it with the little squares on the corners, click onto one of the corner squares, hold 'shift' and drag the corner to the size you want (holding 'shift' locks the ratio so that the height and width stay in proportion) I normally hold my card up to the screen to see if it will be sort of the right size.
I then save the word document, and rename it with the size (eg flower pot quarter fold card.doc). This means you only have to resize each image once for each size you need. Just remember to keep an original of each image.
If you want to print out lots of images on one sheet of paper, then make the margins smaller so you can fit lots more on the page.
I hope this makes sense - it's hard to explain without pictures!
Sar x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Word to resize as well, I just drag the image to resize and then print.
Really easy once you find what method works best for you.
I add a lot of images on one page, resize how I want them and just print and keep the printed images on a folder i have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

This can be one of the most frustrating parts of digi stamping.

You do need to crop so that you don't have a lot of space around your image.

THEN --- and I got this tip from my stamper friend Jacquie --- more than a year ago but forgot it until I just read this thread!

Open the image in the Windows Picture Viewer --- and print --- but select WALLET size --- she says this pretty much always insures that the image is the right size for a card. You can print multiple of the image or just tell it to print 1.

Hope that helps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you work in MS Word? You can do to the view menu, and click on grid lines and ruler. It will give you a 1/4" "graphpaper" view - so you can know the exact size of your image before you print. The gridlines do not print - they just help with placement.

My site: Paper Garden Projects
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suggestion would be for you to buy an inexpensive card program. I use PrintMaster. I never have to guess if the image will be the right size. I just choose '1/4 fold card' and place my images on the front. back, and two on the inside. Then I have a sheet with four perfectly sized images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

The easiset way is to use your computer/printers photo printing program. Just choose whether you want 4 images to a page or 9. (4 if you really want to cover the front of the card, 9 if you want other stuff on there.) Easy as pie. I'm a digital designer, so entirely comfortable with graphics software and this is still what I generally choose to do unless I want my Silhouette to cut the stamped image out for me.

signature-1.png

Last edited by niftyscrapper; 06-11-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I guess my issues are mine alone.!!!! LOL! You all seem to have it down to a science. I think I must have been overthinking this. I do have a program for graphics, (we do graphic design for wedding invites, photo birth announcements and candy bar wrappers), so I do have the basics.
So, thanks all for your time. I am learning to make it work, just not as fast as I would like.
You ladies are the greatest!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula AnneView Post
Well, I guess my issues are mine alone.!!!! LOL! You all seem to have it down to a science. I think I must have been overthinking this. I do have a program for graphics, (we do graphic design for wedding invites, photo birth announcements and candy bar wrappers), so I do have the basics.
So, thanks all for your time. I am learning to make it work, just not as fast as I would like.
You ladies are the greatest!!!!
I've been having trouble with it too, Paula Anne! You're not alone, and the advice here gives me lots of options to try! Thanks for starting this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by casslarsonView Post

Open the image in the Windows Picture Viewer --- and print --- but select WALLET size --- she says this pretty much always insures that the image is the right size for a card. You can print multiple of the image or just tell it to print 1.

Hope that helps!!
Oh my gosh I just tried this and it worked great. I bought my first digi stamp today. I'm on my way now! Thank you for this great tip and thanks to Jacquie for sharing it with you.
Reply With Quote Likes