Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #81  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my - we have an overacheiver!!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol:
Just teasing! I think that is wonderful!!!!! When you upload please mention the challenge in your description and please come back here and post a link so we can all be sure to see it!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:11 AM   #82  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sometimes :lol:

one of the reasons I already finished is because I have the week off from my full-time job and have a list of 'things to do' and that made it on there. Plus, since I have a customer event 1/8 and 1/12 will be heading to Leadership and SAB workshops to prepare for, it was best to get it out of the way. Oh, another reason is because we FINALLY got a digital camera for Christmas!!!

here's the photo

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #83  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm thinking of somehow noting next to each person's name on the list when they complete a month...but I'm a little afraid I may not be able to keep up :oops: :lol: :oops:

Still deciding whether or not I should try.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jami That is alot of work for you. Maybe Just a monthly Thread and everyone could post under that once they have accomplished their 10 cards. And every month there would be a new thread.
Just a thought!
~Bev
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:53 AM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Can we help or is that not possible? I'd be willing to volunteer if we can do it?

Marnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #86  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'll have to ask Keri or Britta. I know Shelley (photocropper) would also help. I just don't know if there is a way for anyone else to edit the original post or not. I'll look into our options.

And Bev I've been wondering whether it will be better to start a new thread each month or just keep this one going. I do think it would be really fun if there's some way we could keep the original list updated. Maybe more peer pressure to stick with it KWIM?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:35 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Jami,
You can edit the original post. And we team members can edit it as well...
But other than that...I am not sure what else to do... If I think of something I will let you know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #88  

dbaker,

Your card is so pretty! I wish I would have ordered paint prints now! I'm going to have to save this one to my favorites for when I do get it!

(wish we had a thumbs up icon!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 12:14 PM   #89  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Hey Jami,
You can edit the original post. And we team members can edit it as well...
But other than that...I am not sure what else to do... If I think of something I will let you know
Thanks Keri - that's pretty much what I thought.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #90  
Watercolor Wizard

Dbaker, The card was already in my favs before I read the updated post :!:
You go girl :!: Just don't make the rest of us look too bad
------------
Kim
Bourbonnais,IL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 PM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

What about forming a 'usergroup' for this? That way we all could keep the message traffic to one area at least. I know that doesn't solve the problem of keeping track of everyone's schedule but it does give us one central location. Then we all can post when we've done our share.

Just brainstorming out loud. Might not be the best idea... I'll keep thinking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #92  
Stampin' Fool

Count me in as well. I don't have a huge xmas card list but I really need to get b-day, anniver., get wells, congrats, etc together.
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #93  
Cardstock Collector

Count me in from January through December! I thought about doing this already before I read this thread!

Gigi
(mgi530)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahaley
I have decided to challenge myself a little bit further. I NEVER have the right kinds of cards on hand when an occasion arises. For example, my co-workers birthday that I forgot about or a surprise gift from a student in my kindergarten class that I now need to write a thank you card. So I am going to continue the 10 Christmas cards a month, plus 10 thank you cards a month, and I am going to TRY to do 10 extra cards a month too! I'll let you all know how it goes.
~Amy Haley
Amy,
I try to make all the birthday cards I need for the year at the end of December or beginning of January - so I count how many I need for the "girls" and I design (case!!) a card and make that many then I do the same for the "boys" - In some cases I make special ones like my Mother and MIL get one made for them that I do the month before (when I remember) then I make like 6 or so mothers day cards and 3 fathers day cards as well....I have not done thank you cards but I should work on that this year!!
Shelley

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropper
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahaley
I have decided to challenge myself a little bit further. I NEVER have the right kinds of cards on hand when an occasion arises. For example, my co-workers birthday that I forgot about or a surprise gift from a student in my kindergarten class that I now need to write a thank you card. So I am going to continue the 10 Christmas cards a month, plus 10 thank you cards a month, and I am going to TRY to do 10 extra cards a month too! I'll let you all know how it goes.
~Amy Haley
Amy,
I try to make all the birthday cards I need for the year at the end of December or beginning of January - so I count how many I need for the "girls" and I design (case!!) a card and make that many then I do the same for the "boys" - In some cases I make special ones like my Mother and MIL get one made for them that I do the month before (when I remember) then I make like 6 or so mothers day cards and 3 fathers day cards as well....I have not done thank you cards but I should work on that this year!!
Shelley
Shelley,
I think I will count up the female and male birthdays like you suggested and then add some of each just to be sure. I have a very distant aunt that ALWAYS sent birthday cards to everyone (I have a huge family...I am one of 49 grandchildren and there are over 100 great grandchildren). She was so good about it and I have always wanted to be good about cards like that (NOT for ALL of my family members!). I purchased a birthday calendar from SU but it is still blank and sitting in a pile of things I had to have. One of my New Year's resolutions (besides trying to get pregnant) is to be better about cards this year. I don't want to hijack this thread but the idea has inspired me and I hope I will be able to use all of you to keep me on track.
~Amy Haley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 06:01 AM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amy,
That is great!! I have always planned on making one of those books like (I think it was) Lana made. It is like a "bill organizer" type book - you list the birthdays for that month on the outside and store the cards in that page so they are right there ready to go! BUT as always I have not gotten around to it yet....maybe I will have some time in Feb. or Mar.!!!

But it is a great idea for those of us who have a hard time keeping up with birthdays - Lana has some great instructions on hers - here are a couple examples -
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Best of Luck to you in your challanges!!
Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 06:44 AM   #97  
Kookie Creator

Ok what if we create a new thread each month then each of us take up a position on the thread and update our message when we are done. At least that way it will be easier to update the master list and even if you get behind you can just go through the monthly thread and check without having to scan through all the chit chat. Also for someone that can't say upload thier photos right away they can go back and update their message when they get them in etc.

Just an idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 07:06 AM   #98  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm really new at this but wouldn't one new thread be enough and we just edit our post monthly with the update? It would be nice if someone could figure out how to post them (individual posts) alphabetically and then our own post wouldn't be too hard to find. Perhaps Daven has an idea on this.
How many participants are we up to so far? As for pictures - if I'm still doing Christmas cards I'll only be uploading the pic once. Unless I'm really going strong and can get to extras. Would a card done for a swap qualify for the challenge or are we keeping it to Christmas? :?
------------
Kim
Bourbonnais,IL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll join too ;)

Count me in for 10 Christmas cards.

I'm also going to try to add 5 cards to my stash of general cards. Mostly birthday because I'm always running out of those.

I like the previous idea of having a challenge theme if you want to follow it. That way we'll have some inspiration. We don't have to use it but we can if we want. For example use embossing powder - I hardly ever get mine out :o Or maybe using vellum, buttons, plaid maker, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #100  
Mad Swapper

Jami, if you wanted to keep updating the post but have others help maybe you could cut and paste it into a word document. They could help by making the tally marks (or whatever) and then email the document back to you so you could edit your original post. That way you could have a different helper for each month. If we could all help it wouldn't be such a big project
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 PM   #101  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Sorry - I've been away from my computer most of the day. I'm too tired to think really clearly right now, but I think Shelley is working on a spreadsheet of some sort. I appreciate all of your suggestions - keep them coming. We are thinking through what will work the best and the easiest. I tend to like the idea of keeping just this one thread - so people don't get confused where to post...but still pondering...

Talk to you tomorrow....zzzzzzzzz

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #102  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Ok - it's January 2nd...only 1 person has completed the challenge for January??? Where is everybody????

Just kidding!!! LOL!!!!
Shelley (photocropper) is working on a spreadsheet that both she and I can keep updated. We'll let you know as soon as it is worked out. Of course you have until the end of January to complete this month's 10 Christmas cards.

Some of you said you would like a secondary "creative challenge" to inspire you...so here it is...for your main image use a stamp that it is not from a strictly holiday/Christmas set. For example dbaker used Paint Prints to make pointsettias...or you might use the holly from A Greeting for All Reasons, or the snowman from Tag Time, or you might go completely outside the box and make a reindeer from Fresh Flowers like you can find in Happy Heart's gallery. This creative challenge is TOTALLY OPTIONAL!!! If you already have something you want to do, no problem, but for those of you who wanted some motivation/inspiration - there it is.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #103  
Watercolor Wizard

Okay, You really had me going there. :oops: I was scolling down to explain that I just got back to town and that it's raining and I can't think when it rains, and it's early in the morning and.... :lol: You're a riot girl :!: I can see already that this year is going to be a lot of fun :!: I'm catching up on laundry right now but I promise to start thinking as soon as my eyes and my mind are awake and I can find my stamps :lol:

Kim

Oh, thanks for working on the spreadsheet Shelley :!:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #104  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

LOL! I thought I'd joined a group of over-achievers ;)

Even though I was late I had planned to get my cards out by Jan 1.

Guess not at least I have a leg up on the challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK those of you who have joined already - we (Jami and I) have started a new thread - there is a spreadsheet attached (can not figure out how to actually "See" it in the thread yet) but if you would check to make sure your on the list. As you complete your challenge post to that thread and let us know - make sure you notate the month that you are completing and Jami or I update the spreadsheet -
Thanks!
Shelley
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

Please add me to the list! I am so excited about this. Jami and Shelley, you guys are awesome!!!
Hugs,
Alicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #107  
Gabfest Goddess

I'd like to join. I wanted to give each customer a card but never got them done.
It would have been easier this Christmas:) One of my job resolutions is to, at least double my customer base.

This will be fun and I'll stay motivated!
Thanks
Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #108  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

You're in! We're up to 66!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW, a goal I just might keep! LOL...count me in! I will start this January...now to remember where I put them for next Christmas...LOL
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 217 Likes on 187 Posts

I'd like to join in. I'll start with January. This year was a bear trying to do all my cards, shopping, cleaning, decorating, wrapping, cooking.... The only good thing about doing it all at the last min. was that I didn't have time to bake a lot of cookies. So I didn't have a lot of cookis to eat.
cher
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 04:09 AM   #111  
Glitter Guru

I would like to join! Even if I don't use 120 cards, I can always sell them when the holidays come. This was a great idea! I think I'm going to start something like this with my customers! Thanks!

Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

Default get me started!

Could you please add me to your list? This would surely help with that last minute, late night card making!!

Great idea! You two are brilliant!

Wynona

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #113  
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper

I want in!!! I want to do 10 Christmas cards a month, for Jan-July, then I'll switch to birthday and thank you cards. I have SOOOO many thank yous and birthday cards to make right now, it's NUTS!!! DD's b-day was end of Nov., Christmas and DS's b-day is in 2 weeks. I have LOTS of cards to write out.

So, please add me to the list

Jen

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #114  
Rubber Obsessor

I finished my 10 cards for January! woo hoo!

I totally case'd the "joy" card from SS this month, but hey, I did it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 PM   #115  
Mad Swapper

Way to go Englishteacher.

I think there is another thread where we are supposed to post when we are done ???

I've got everything cut and ready to go. I'm just waiting on my order to get here Monday that has 2 reinkers in it. My red and green pads looked like pink and mint when I went to use them :(

Edited to add:

I found the other thread to post when we're done

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I know I'm not starting until Feb but I got the first ones done this month Yea!!

Can I help you take control of your families healthy care?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #118  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hey Ladies! I have not been getting any e-mail notifications from SCS for the past few days, so I am just checking in here.

Remember when you complete the challenge for January please post to
and I (or Shelley) will update the spreadsheet 2 or 3 times per month.

Congrats to those of you who have already met the challenge this month!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #119  
Kookie Creator

Default Count me in!

What a great idea! I didn't get any cards made other than for close stamping friends so I'm in! I'll start now and go through October and probably do 10 different ones a month. Thanks for this challenge!

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #120  
Cardstock Collector

I would love to participate! I can make Christmas Cards and then Birthday cards and maybe even some gift tags for Christmas presents.

I won't be able to participate in January, April, July and October. I work in Payroll and these months are not good for a personal life of any kind.

I can't wait to see everyones cards!
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes