Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #441  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to granniheart

Check at Gallery, then special collections, then Christmas 2008 challenge. That should bring you to mainly Christmas cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #442  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfm813View Post
Hello! I'm just wondering if we're only supposed to be posting Christmas cards, or any holiday. I've been looking thru the posts for various months and seeing Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc....
This challenge was begun mainly for Christmas/Winter Holiday cards but has morphed into a more generic Holiday card challenge because many of th participants didn't need 120 Christmas Cards. While we still encourage Christmas cards, if you don't need 10 a month, then we are allowing other holiday cards. Keep in mind, this challenge is more to help make the holidays a little easier by having our cards done well before it is time to mail them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #443  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlliesmemView Post
This challenge was begun mainly for Christmas/Winter Holiday cards but has morphed into a more generic Holiday card challenge because many of th participants didn't need 120 Christmas Cards. While we still encourage Christmas cards, if you don't need 10 a month, then we are allowing other holiday cards. Keep in mind, this challenge is more to help make the holidays a little easier by having our cards done well before it is time to mail them!
Ok, Thanks! I participated last year but didn't join in until about Oct. Simply because I didn't need as many Christmas cards, either. Thanks for the update on the challenge parameters! I may play with Halloween cards - love making those!

"God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." John 3:17, NRSV
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #444  
Glitter Queen

Smile 2008 Holiday Card Challenge

Leslie. I just LOVE your snowmen cards. Snowmen are so fun to do. I still have to get my butt in gear and start making my Christmas/Holiday cards. I actually made four each of three designs for my friend who got married on 5/17/08. It is part of hers and her new hubby's 12 months of wedding gifts. She has to wait until Nov. to open that package, but I loved two of the three designs I came up with. I did use snowmen for two of the three designs. I have decided to use two of those designs for some of my cards this year. Once I get them made (for me!), I will upload the pics.

Thanks for sharing. KateB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #445  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateBView Post
Leslie. I just LOVE your snowmen cards. Snowmen are so fun to do. I still have to get my butt in gear and start making my Christmas/Holiday cards. I actually made four each of three designs for my friend who got married on 5/17/08. It is part of hers and her new hubby's 12 months of wedding gifts. She has to wait until Nov. to open that package, but I loved two of the three designs I came up with. I did use snowmen for two of the three designs. I have decided to use two of those designs for some of my cards this year. Once I get them made (for me!), I will upload the pics.

Thanks for sharing. KateB

Thanks so Much KateB!!

Guess I should get my butt in gear as I am two months behind on the challange. Life has been so busy and I joined lots of swaps too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #446  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok i wanna join i got nothing better to do then to make my holiday cards now. This is such a great idea.

Thanks
Trinity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #447  
Glitter Queen

Smile 2008 Holiday Card Challenge

Hello. Just wanted to share that I have been working on my Christmas/Holiday cards and I have 60 completed - 5 mos worth. Woo Hoo! HOWEVER, I have to figure out how to upload the pics. I don't have a gallery yet and I think I need one in order to post the pics. I am not sure I will be able to do it this week either because my DH and I have a lot going on this week to prepare for our DD Samantha's 13th b-day and my parents are coming up so we have some straightening up to do before they get here. My days are quite busy with work so it is hard to do it then. So I just wanted to say, please bear with me and I will share them soon. I am computer challenged at times too, so that doesn't help. I don't know how to put on a watermark on the cards either. I do have a question if anyone can answer it for me.........What if you use more than just SU! stamps. Most watermarks have the SU! info on it, but what do you do if you use SU! and House Mouse stamps? Can anyone pm me and let me know how they do it? Or do you just not even bother with a watermark. Thanks.

Everyone is doing an awesome job. I really can't wait to share my pics too. Keep smiling. Keep stamping. Keep enjoying your creations. Kate B.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #448  
Pearl-ExPert

Kate, interesting that you should ask about watermarks as we were chatting about that on another thread I am on earlier today. The watermarks are made by the individual - and they are not required. I attempted to make one this morning - but didn't save it properly, so I have to go in and redo it. It is a simple one though - so not a big deal. If you want to make one and just say something like: created by . . . or you can say something like some designs contain SU images - or whatever.

Have you been to the SPA lately? Come see what I have been creating over at the Paper Spa
I Make cards for Operation Write Home
Visit myStampin' Up Website - where you will find all the latest greatest from Stampin' Up. The new catalog is GORGEOUS with alot of new fun stuff - and you can get it for free. Contact me for details.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 AM   #449  
Glitter Queen

Smile Watermarks on cards

Thank you Paula. I may just not do one so I can get my cards in the gallery. I did try to download my pics yesterday afternoon but my computer was not accepting the memory card. My DH has to borrow my camera for part of the day today so I won't be able to try again until later.

Have a great day. Kate B.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #450  
Glitter Queen

Its June and I am starting to think Christmas. Its a warm spring evening in Southwestern Ontario with a lovely soft rain falling. I hope to start my cards soon. What a great idea!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #451  
Swapper of the Month January 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool idea! I think I will start this now. Then I won't stress in late November!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #452  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I will play July to Nov. That is 50 cards, which is more than I need, so I may do Thanksgiving one month and Easter one month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #453  
Rubber Obsessor

may join in this one - maybe it will MAKE me get my bum in gear this year! I stamp and paper craft a ton and take orders from others to do their cards ( one year I did 450 cards in November) and then I run out of ideas and steam by the time I need to do my own.

I agree it may be fun to look forward to the holidays as less stressful! thanks for thiking of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #454  
Pearl-ExPert

Boy, I feel like I have been neglecting you all. seems like life has a way of getting in the way! I hate when that happens!
Welcome to all those joining up, you won't regret it.
And everyone is doing such a great job on their cards. It has been great seeing what everyone is doing! Keep up the good work!

So don't worry if you don't see me online much, I am still checking up every now and again to make sure everyone gets credit for their cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #455  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Christmas in July!

I'm committed. 10 cards per month...and I will start in July. What a deal!
Thanks for the challenge Alliesmem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #456  
Matboard Maniac

I can't believe I just found this thread! But in perfect time, since I don't need that many Christmas cards anyway. But being able to make other holiday cards is a bonus too Maybe for once I will actully be organised rather than just talking about it and never getting there. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #457  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm in. Great idea!
~Eve
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #458  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp-addictView Post
May I join this challenge? From April to November? ~Neeru
Yikes... so much for good intentions! Okay, I joined in April... so that means 10 cards for April, and 10 for May.... I'm nearly finished those 20 - worked on them all weekend! Then, I have my 10 for June... and I will be caught up on my 10 for July - and hopefully, before the end of July, too!

I'll post what the 20 look like, just as soon as they are ALL done. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #459  
Die Cut Diva

Default ready to begin

I joined this swap back in February, or around that time, after spending a stressful holiday making cards in the midst of our kids' busiest times of the year.
Obviously I haven't followed through, but now that I'm off for the summer I'm going to re-commit- its an awesome idea! Maybe I can do two sets this month and next to catch up a bit.
Everone's submissions are just great- thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #460  
Pearl-ExPert

After being away from my computer for a week or so, I think I am finally caught up with making sure I have given everyone credit for their hard work. You all are truly amazing! Great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2008, 06:04 AM   #461  
Embossing Fanatic

I have got all my supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #462  
Swapper of the Month January 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile determined!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samswindleView Post
Cool idea! I think I will start this now. Then I won't stress in late November!!!
I said I was going to start this a month ago and haven't. But tomorrow I will get my first set of 10 done! That's my goal. I have a simple design in mind that shouldn't take long. If I start with July, I can get plenty of Christmas cards made and even work in Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Now, if someone would just come over to my house and knock me upside the head if I get distracted!!!! LOL!! I think I'm a little bit ADD.

I'm also dealing with some rough personal home issues right now, so this will give me a focus. Making cards relaxes me so much!!!
sam

Goals for 2015 50 scrapbook pages/50 cards---progress 35/50 cards
Complete my daughter's wedding scrapbook album
Spend more time enjoying my friends and not so much time obsessing on work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #463  
Matboard Maniac

I really need to join you gals. Hoping to start cards this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #464  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Prize donations

Hi All, As much as I hate to ask, I could use a few more donations for the prizes. My stash is getting low and I had to go out and get a few more items to send out last month. Of course, if I was independently wealthy,or able to find a rich husband it wouldn't really matter, but alas, none of those things has occurred in my life. :lol:

I have also set up September's Thread so those of you who are ahead of the game have some place to post your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #465  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey you! Can you pm me about what kind of prizes you are looking for (I would know if I ever completed my cards on time! :rolleyes: But I don't!!) Then, pm me your addy and I will keep a look out for things. Will that be all right?

Neeru

Quote:

Hi All, As much as I hate to ask, I could use a few more donations for the prizes. My stash is getting low and I had to go out and get a few more items to send out last month. Of course, if I was independently wealthy,or able to find a rich husband it wouldn't really matter, but alas, none of those things has occurred in my life. :lol:

I have also set up September's Thread so those of you who are ahead of the game have some place to post your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #466  
Die Cut Diva

Wow, what a fabulous challenge! I always run out of time to handmake christmas cards and have tons of SU christmas sets that are begging to be used! LOL I am going to try to start this weekend and try to get my 10 done for July!!! I'm so excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #467  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp-addictView Post
Hey you! Can you pm me about what kind of prizes you are looking for (I would know if I ever completed my cards on time! :rolleyes: But I don't!!) Then, pm me your addy and I will keep a look out for things. Will that be all right?

Neeru

The prizes can be just about anything. Stamps, ink, embellishments, stamping tools, adhesive, paper, home made items, items to decorate, etc. I could also use postage stamps. Just think of things that you might like to receive if you got one of the monthly prizes or the big one at the end of the year!
Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #468  
Hardware Hotshot

Absolutely, I will send some things as soon as I get some put together! Give me a couple of days... I seem to get behind, caught up... cruise for a while, then behind, again!

Neeru

Quote:

The prizes can be just about anything. Stamps, ink, embellishments, stamping tools, adhesive, paper, home made items, items to decorate, etc. I could also use postage stamps. Just think of things that you might like to receive if you got one of the monthly prizes or the big one at the end of the year!
Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #469  
Stampin' Fool

Right now I am posted through Sept with Oct & Nov posting tomorrow. I have been religious about creating the cards just not uploading let alone notifying anyone, but I guess I should. I hope to have them all done by next week before surgery.

How do I let someone know my cards are done?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #470  
Stampin' Fool

CCC08 -

Just figured out how to link (maybe) after 8 months worth of cards. UUUUGH. Ok there they come.

CCC08 -February - Snowmen Ready for the Artic by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

CCC08 March - Snowed In by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

CCC08-April - Penguin Trio by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

cCC08-May by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

cCC08-May by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

CCC08-June - The Present of Peace by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

CCC09 - Sept - Jingle Bells by scrapinnut620 at Splitcoaststampers

I don't think I did this right as no hyperlink shows but here are the addresses or check out my gallery.

I am using a MAC. Does someone know how to hyperlink with a MAC?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #471  
Stampin' Fool

Never mind. I got it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #472  
Cardstock Collector

Default Me too please!

I would also like to join the 2008 Holiday Card Challenge. I have all ready started making Christmas Cards to share.

Thank you,

Martha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #473  
Die Cut Diva

Am I too late to do this challenge...if I start in Sept.?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #474  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Well I finally uploaded my cards for "March". YA I know I am behind big time.

I have joined 12 swaps and out of those 12, 8 of them I took 2 spots. So it is not like I am not making card.

I need bday cards so that is what I made and uploaded. I will get back to making Christmas cards. I did make a Christmas cards for a swap if that counts.

Here is my March bday cards

CCC08 March-Bday Cards-ls by lesliespringer at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #475  
Compulsive Stamper

Default 2008 holiday challenge - gallery?

Hi everyone, I have been trying to find if there is an actual gallery for your beautiful Holiday cards. I am getting tired going down the list of those who have done their cards and gone to individual page to check out their cards ... surely I am missing much ... there has to be a gallery for these, isn't there? I can't seem to find it
Thanks.
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #476  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by diknightView Post
I have been trying to find if there is an actual gallery for your beautiful Holiday cards.
Diana:

There is no actual gallery for the cards, however you can do a Gallery search. Simply go to the Gallery menu at the top of any page, find the Search box and type in CCC08. As long as those who have uploaded cards use CCC08 as a "keyword", you should be able to see all the cards.

CCC08 cards <--- click here to see all the cards.

Last edited by StampinHappyInCT; 08-28-2008 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #477  
Pearl-ExPert

Many of you may have noticed that I have been amongst the missing for quite some time. Between vacationing, a busy work schedule and business travel, I have not been home much. But don't worry, I will make sure that everyone is given credit for your cards.

I also want to send out a congrats to Roxy64 who posted first for September.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #478  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsteppView Post
Am I too late to do this challenge...if I start in Sept.?
It is never too late.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #479  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

I'm a newbie but I'm going to try this too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #480  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm in for this coming up year. I also didn't join last year, but did follow threw these last 4 months. I now also have my cards done and the envelopes all made out. I am now doing 25 cards for the soldiers for my sisters Lioness Club, and I wouldn't have been able to do that if I didn't have mine done. Next year, I will have mine done and the soldiers, and maybe you ladies that don't need all the months for your cards can do Xmas cards for the soldiers also.
"Oh ****....she's awake!!"
Reply With Quote Likes