Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #81  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a smooth trade with
rmm1977

Just thought I would add her to the list.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #82  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim68View Post
I just purchased some sets from "Hauvie" and had a great experience!
Stamps arrived fast, in great condition, and she kept me informed.

Thanks for starting this list-
Kim

Thanks Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

Let's see:
There are hundreds maybe close to three hundred over the past three years. PM me if I forgot you & you recall.
Tamaricita * Hi TAMMI*
ajcmeyer * Hi Abster*
LouisvilleStamper *TY*
DeborahSue
Lexant
stampininct
lori lynn washburn
Novell
Brownie
Beate
Several Women in Canada
Prairie??
Mom to 3 boys (Emily)
Deeth1
Rubber Stamp Nut *Hi Donna!*
purplewinks
Twinks **Aloha Lynn!!**
germania73

There are hundreds more but now I am drawingn a blank.
Should I think of more I will add them! Thanks Ladies

Last edited by emsmomthestamper; 06-27-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: adding more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #84  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In message #74 I mentioned that I was waiting for my first package. It arrived today in wonderful condition just like "sherrie" said they were.

I must say that my first two transactions here on SCS have been outstanding - great prices, great merchandise, and great sellers. I could kick myself for waiting so long to look for sets I wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Updating my list and adding a few more to give kudos to these great sellers!

AFScrapper
Larue
SleepyDi
Jhicks

Thanks, ladies! Such great transactions, smooth and wonderful from start to finish!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #86  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You are FAB

[I stared a notebook, and that is really helping....still not totally perfect, but sure am improving. lol. thanks.]I keep a notebook by my computer.
When I pm someone about stamp set/sets they have for sale and have heard back from them that the set is available for me to buy, I mark in the notebook the date, name of the stamp, price, cost of shipping and how I paid(PP, MO or check). when the set comes, I mark it received, then pm them to let then know I received it and thank them and mark the notebook with a TY(thank you).
From now on I am also going to put down their SCS name so I will know who to add to this thread.

I have done at least 40 buys in the B/S forum in the last 6 months and everyone of them has been a good experience.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to state SOME of MY FAVS

dewabella, jeenifergray, Very Hungry Caterpillar, Arlene C (patient with me!), Maisey Daisy, larue, Sleepy Di, mlehmer (AWESOME!) Eured....that's for starters...more will be coming I'm sure. Oh, did I say Teri Haupt? Well, I should have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

I had a terrific experience buying a set from:

bg2bl ~ Bridget

Great communication, she mailed out the set quickly and enclosed a beautiful card. I would definitely buy from her again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #89  
Kookie Creator

Would like to add hauvie to the List.. Had my Transaction for some Emboss Folders with her and rcvd them 2 days after paying thru PayPal.. Very friendly and FAST!!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

MAYBE WE COULD JUST START FEEDBACK RATINGS.......LIKE eBay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #91  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethystheartView Post
MAYBE WE COULD JUST START FEEDBACK RATINGS.......LIKE eBay.
Even eBay ran into trouble with that. People did not want to leave bad feedback because the other person would in turn leave them bad feedback. I ceriously think praising the good will work ;)
Sandy O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #92  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulssandyView Post
Even eBay ran into trouble with that. People did not want to leave bad feedback because the other person would in turn leave them bad feedback. I ceriously think praising the good will work ;)
Sandy O
I'M KIDDING ABOUT THE FEEDBACK! I SELL FROM TIME TO TIME ON EBAY JUST AS A SMALL SELLER. I AGREE THAT THE FEEDBACK IS VERY UNRELIABLE. THEY CHANGED IT, NOW YOU CAN'T LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A BUYER IF YOU ARE THE SELLER. SO THEY BUYER CAN TAKE AS LONG AS THEY WANT TO PAY OR NEVER PAY AT ALL. BUT, THER'S ANOTHER PROBLEM NOW. BUYERS WANT TO RUN OVER YOU AND ARE MAKING CRAZY DEMANDS ON SELLERS AND THREATEN TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH EBAY. I JUST FEEL THAT PEOPLE HERE ON SCS ARE MORE TRUSTWORTHY. WE'RE ALL FELLOW STAMPERS JUST WANTING TO TRADE, OR SELL A LITTLE TO BUY MORE CRAFTING STUFF. EBAY IS A BUSINESS FOR MANY SELLERS NOWADAYS, MANY PEOPLE USE IT TO EARN A LIVING. I'VE HAD MANY WONDERFUL TRADES HERE ON SCS. SOMETIMES IT TAKES A LITTLE LONGER TO GET MY STUFF BUT NO WORRIES...I UNDERSTAND THAT LIFE HAPPENS. FOR THE MOST PART EVERYONE HERE ON SCS IS TRUSTWORTY....BUT WHAT IF NO ONE HAPPENS TO MENTION YOUR NAME??? PEOPLE MAY ASSUME YOU'RE DISHONEST OR UNRELIABLE.

Last edited by amethystheart; 06-27-2008 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #93  
Kookie Creator

I'D LIKE TO ADD STAMPFUNNY TO THIS LIST. SHE IS ***THE BEST***. LADIES LIKE HER ARE RARE SHE'S ONE IN A MILLION. CHECK OUT HER TRADES!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 03:32 AM   #94  
Embossing Fanatic

I really hate to throw a wrench in this great thread but I had the worst experience with one of the most recently added SCS member. We went back and forth on a price for a stamp set - even tried to work out a trade but I didn't have what she was looking for. I sent her an offer (which clearly stated including shipping), she accepted the offer and I immediatly sent payment via Paypal. Next day I have a pending refund in my account from her and a note saying she "misunderstood" my offer and wouldn't sell the set for the price we agreed upon.

This just goes to show you that not everyone has a great transaction with someone who is listed in this reliable sellers thread.

On a positive note - love SCS and you are still the best resource ever for anything to do with rubber stamping! Thanks to all who make it work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 03:36 AM   #95  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingcajView Post
I really hate to throw a wrench in this great thread but I had the worst experience with one of the most recently added SCS member. We went back and forth on a price for a stamp set - even tried to work out a trade but I didn't have what she was looking for. I sent her an offer (which clearly stated including shipping), she accepted the offer and I immediatly sent payment via Paypal. Next day I have a pending refund in my account from her and a note saying she "misunderstood" my offer and wouldn't sell the set for the price we agreed upon.

This just goes to show you that not everyone has a great transaction with someone who is listed in this reliable sellers thread.

On a positive note - love SCS and you are still the best resource ever for anything to do with rubber stamping! Thanks to all who make it work!
SOMEONE ELSE HAD THE EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE YOU DID. IT MANY BE THE SAME LADY. JUST FYI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 AM   #96  
Kookie Creator

I have to add another Seller that is awesome... I posted for a Friend looking for a Set and she replied... Sent out very fast... Her SCS Name is Dani D.. Very nice Person to deal with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

This is supposed to be a POSITIVE thread is it not?

All caps hurt my eyes too.

Another great trade with homenhappy added;]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

I just had a wonderful transaction with Crystal Lite and Baker Joe.
Very smooth and quick shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #99  
Cardstock Collector

I have sold a few things here since I joined...and many many things at SBA http://www.scrappertalk.com/bbs/view...ghlight=tricia

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's nice to see this thread. There was one a long time ago that I added a bunch of names to but it's been so long since I bought/sold/traded here that I tossed my notebook some time ago. I'm going to try to come up with a lot of their names though because they deserve to be mentioned (some have already, too!).

I have made dozens and dozens of sales and trades on SCS and only had two that did not go smoothly. I think it's wonderful to give some recognition to those who have made BST a great experience and thanks to whoever made this a "sticky" so it won't get lost like the last one!!

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Reliable Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2View Post
Maybe it would be shorter to list those who AREN'T good sellers!!!!

NO, I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Wanda
I laughed out loud when I read your comment a couple of weeks ago, because up until now I would have found the idea ludicrous, hence funny!

Sadly, I am drawn to post a comment which concurs with what you said in jest.

I, too, have had a great buying experience on SCS and have thoroughly enjoyed the bonus of interacting with the sellers. Until today, I have found all of them kind, generous and thoughtful. I would befriend any one of them on the spot. Each has conducted business with the utmost integrity and many shared a true desire to have their beloved stamp sets find a good home.

However, now I'm not so sure your comment isn't dead-on target ... (Please note that I am definitely a short timer here ... but trust me when I tell you that I have spent some serious $ on BST!)

I was going to compile all the comments, put it into a Word doc so that we could all share it and add to it as posts are added. But then I had a totally unconventional SCS experience with a seller tonight and think it's not such a bad idea to also list sellers who aren't quite up to par.

I know, I know ... it seems so much like finger pointing, but how else do folks within a community protect one another? I view it no less valuable than a Neighborhood Watch program.

Am I over-reacting because I had my first "less than stellar" experience? Probably.

Is it worth thinking about? Maybe.

Is there a way to share this information without being harsh, yet still share subtle warnings? Maybe.

Not sure how that would work, but is it worth a conversation (or thread)?

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 AM   #102  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp MuseView Post
I laughed out loud when I read your comment a couple of weeks ago, because up until now I would have found the idea ludicrous, hence funny!

Sadly, I am drawn to post a comment which concurs with what you said in jest.

I, too, have had a great buying experience on SCS and have thoroughly enjoyed the bonus of interacting with the sellers. Until today, I have found all of them kind, generous and thoughtful. I would befriend any one of them on the spot. Each has conducted business with the utmost integrity and many shared a true desire to have their beloved stamp sets find a good home.

However, now I'm not so sure your comment isn't dead-on target ... (Please note that I am definitely a short timer here ... but trust me when I tell you that I have spent some serious $ on BST!)

I was going to compile all the comments, put it into a Word doc so that we could all share it and add to it as posts are added. But then I had a totally unconventional SCS experience with a seller tonight and think it's not such a bad idea to also list sellers who aren't quite up to par.

I know, I know ... it seems so much like finger pointing, but how else do folks within a community protect one another? I view it no less valuable than a Neighborhood Watch program.

Am I over-reacting because I had my first "less than stellar" experience? Probably.

Is it worth thinking about? Maybe.

Is there a way to share this information without being harsh, yet still share subtle warnings? Maybe.

Not sure how that would work, but is it worth a conversation (or thread)?

Your thoughts?

In a perfect world, we would be able to have a conversation, in private, with the person who will felt was 'less than par' and resolve the issue we were having with a sale or trade. However, folks (in general) tend to go overboard with publicly flogging someone who was less-than-perfect or did not meet their standards. Here is what I found in the SCS Terms of Service:

"Abusive comments, flaming, or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you must disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal opinions, or seeks help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you do not like what a particular member has posted, please remember that each person is entitled to their opinion, even if it differs from your own. Naming other members and asking others not to respond to their posting is neither necessary nor condoned. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and we will be sure to look into the matter as quickly as we can. "

While, I, too, would LOVE to know the names of SCS sellers who are purposefully being dishonest or lack integrity in the way they conduct their sales or trades, I would not want to risk being banned from this site due to the Terms of Service. I did include in my Original Post (I was the person who started this thread) that my list is based on my personal experiences, so take it with a grain of salt. I also do believe that each person has a chance to renew themselves and make every effort to turn a new leaf. If they 'messed up' on a sale or trade, hopefully they'll learn that this is not acceptable or their behavior may have hurt someone else. I also believe that sometimes, when a trade or sale goes awry, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is my opinion on whether or not it's alright to start a thread or conversation listing the names of people who we think are less-than-stellar sellers or traders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was thinking also that in the past when a "bad traders/sellers" thread was suggested it was knocked down because of the Terms and that moderators do not allow it. That said, I also think there is a big difference between a "personal opinion" and some of the apparent thievery that I've heard has taken place here at times. But I believe somewhere there is also a caveat for BST.

The bad cases are few and far between and it's true that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances or even simple miscommunication that cause a trade or sale to go awry.

It seems to me that on Splitcoast the attempt is always made to offer the benefit of the doubt and give everyone a chance. Even when a horrible mess is created by someone and multiple traders are involved and the conversation with the moderator is made very public here -- the offending party's name is never mentioned.

I think that if someone is truly crooked they will be banned by the moderators. Now I'm going to check and see if the one I was involved with is still posting on Splitcoast ... just out of curiosity.

Now..... on with the roll call of all GREAT traders and sellers !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the feedback, ladies! I appreciate and respect your comments. Makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

See... case in point - 99% of SCSers are a class act, as are you !! Take heart in knowing that most of us probably deep down would love to have a list of "don't deal with us" names. C'est la vie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

Two ladies to add to this thread!

Stamper21 and NurseT. Both had great communication and shipped quickly.

I know this is a supposed to be a positive thread and most of my experiences on SCS have been positive. But I have had a few negative experiences with ladies who do not bother answering PMs. It's very frustrating to be waiting on one deal before trying to make another deal and the first person takes their sweet time in getting back to you. You know they're on line, but they just don't answer your PM. Honestly...if you are not interested in selling something to someone..PLEASE don't post it and if it sells, please edit your initial post. Way too frustrating!

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts
Default More + sellers added!

My ever growing list of POSITIVE sellers is getting longer - a good thing for the BST! I would like to give praises to the following sellers who were great with answering PMs in a timely fashion, shipped quickly & were just super sweet & fabulous all around! I'd buy/trade again in a heartbeat :-D

~ Stamperch
~ Oilin (sent 2 IS - what a kind thing to do! BIG PRAISES! THANK YOU!!)
~ Stamfunn
~ J.B.
~ Goldin-odin

Thank you one and all, mostly for making this a happy place to shop ;)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #108  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
Let's see:
There are hundreds maybe close to three hundred over the past three years. PM me if I forgot you & you recall.

Rubber Stamp Nut *Hi Donna!*
Hi, Kim! Thanks for the shout out! You're definitely a good seller/trader.

Donna

Member #32310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

I just had a *great* experience with Larue. The price was reasonable and she shipped when she said she would ship. Thank you!

Member #32310
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #110  

Just had a great trade with

Tenmonkey (thanks, Kristy)

And also:

pjl-ny (thanks, Pam)

Last edited by chef2die4; 07-07-2008 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Adding another lovely lady
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #111  
Gallery Gazer

I have bought a lot of stuff here and can't remember all but the ones I do remember are:
corebear
plumeriastix
stampinmomof2cuties
This ladies are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #112  
Gabfest Goddess

I have had so many good ones through the years! I haven't done much lately, but two good ones recently were:

debbiejjackson
bethannwilson

Nice to deal with, for sure!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

I APOLOGIZE ABOUT THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS AND HAVE A REALLY HARD TIME READING LOWERCASE ON THE SCREEN. SO, I HAVE THE HABIT OF TYPING EVERYTNIG IN CAPS SO I CAN READ IT AS I'M TYPING WITHOUT SQUINTING.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
My ever growing list of POSITIVE sellers is getting longer - a good thing for the BST! I would like to give praises to the following sellers who were great with answering PMs in a timely fashion, shipped quickly & were just super sweet & fabulous all around! I'd buy/trade again in a heartbeat :-D

~ Stamperch
~ Oilin (sent 2 IS - what a kind thing to do! BIG PRAISES! THANK YOU!!)
~ Stamfunn
~ J.B.
~ Goldin-odin

Thank you one and all, mostly for making this a happy place to shop ;)

Kelly, you've been doing some buying!!! Glad you've had good experiences. Thanks for the mention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #115  
Kookie Creator

Just finished 4 more great Transactions with these Ladies.. Super friendly and fast!
I know sometimes shipping can't be helped because of our wonderful USPS.
I remember waiting 20 days for a Package that was shipped PM with DC but nothing ever showed up for the DC# besides it was printed.. When I got it the Postmark clearly showed it was shipped on the date promised..

Anywho Kuddos to these Ladies as well..

Very Hungry Caterpillar *LOVED the Card*
stines04
grits&gravy
stampngokaren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #116  
Compulsive Stamper

Just got my first purchase from this board in the mail today from Ldyglfr62. It was great! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #117  
Gallery Gazer

So glad this thread is here. I've wanted a sticky where we could post things like this for a long time. Like most I've had a couple negative experiences, but most have been wonderful, and I'm so happy to have a place to give kudos to those who take it seriously and live up to their end of the bargain.

Smartcookie44 (nearly completed)
Donna112244
Misermom (what a sweetheart)
Loving you always
Theresa Romani
Beadsonthebrain (wasn't even a trade, but an incredibly sweet RAK she sent)

there are probably others, but I can't remember. Found these in old pm's and CDO in OEX lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #118  
Glitter Queen

Just want to add "kimberlystallcup" to my list of great sellers. Buy from her everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #119  
Inking Addict

I just received some stamps I purchased from tinkers_bell. Great commmunication and it was packaged very carefully. She was wonderful to do business with.
Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #120  
#1 Gas Bagger

I bought a stamp set from dolphin13150. I am very pleased w/ it. Fast shipping & great communication.

Thanks again!

Connie S.

MY BLOG....kittyKatkorners

My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes