Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 494 Likes on 273 Posts
Default Tuesday Morning craft supplies

TM has a lot of dies currently- Tim Holtz, Sizzix, Spellbinders. And the envelope & box punch boards for 9.99. Just enabling!

I bought Spellbinders beaded ovals, and asked dh for envelope punch board for Christmas.

(And, as always, they got me on paper- they always get me on paper. I don't think I've ever gone in there and not come out with at least ONE package of paper!)

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I can find a Tuesday Morning here! It is terribly sad that there's none around here :( Sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2015, 06:00 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I went to two different TM's over the past weekend. The newer store (and the one that I thought would have a lot of good stuff) didn't have much at all. I did find 12x12 white cardstock there, though, and that was a good thing! The other one had a lot of stencils & I had to limit myself on them because I wanted them all!

Both stores had the envelope punch boards. The second store also had the gift box punch board and the flower punch board as well as dies, but that one did not have white 12x12 cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Yeah, we have 3 in driveable distance, and it's always worth checking all 3, because they get different things, and different amounts of things. I told DH about the envelope punch boards at the closest store, because they had dozens of them. I knew there would be some left when he went there (and there were- naturally, he HAD to tell me he'd gone & bought me one for Christmas!).

If there's something I'm specifically hunting for from TM, I have been known to mapquest on trips, and made stops at every TM even close to the route we're taking. DH is not the happiest camper about stopping at every TM enroute to a destination, but since I have to go into electronics places with him, he can go to TM with me. I did this once for some fancy yarn, and once for some melamine plates shaped like a pink hibiscus. I get obsessed, what can I say?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

i have bought different brands of paper from them and have never been happy with it. so i dont even look at the paper any more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

In their recent ad they show a Sissix Sidekick, it's red, for $14.99. Since I am thinking about buying a die cut machine do you think it's a good price?

I'm not real sure whether I'd use it a lot, I have no dies or embossing folders yet and don't know if dies from other machines work in this one. Are the accessories costly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperkidsView Post
i have bought different brands of paper from them and have never been happy with it. so i dont even look at the paper any more!
I've bought lots of paper & cardstock there, and I like everything I've bought. Most recently Bazill textured 25 sheets for 1.99. But that's why there are choices, so everybody can get different things!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorie95View Post
In their recent ad they show a Sissix Sidekick, it's red, for $14.99. Since I am thinking about buying a die cut machine do you think it's a good price?

I'm not real sure whether I'd use it a lot, I have no dies or embossing folders yet and don't know if dies from other machines work in this one. Are the accessories costly?
I'm not familiar with the Sidekick. I have a Big Shot & a Cuttlebug. You might search the other forums like maybe Tool & Product talk, to see if there's more information.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,127 Likes on 508 Posts

The Sidekick is really tiny, with a 2-1/2" opening. There were several at my TM too. If you're thinking of getting an all-purpose die cutting machine, that would not probably be the one for you.

I picked up a gift box punch board and a couple of stencils - not as many as I pulled out at first - there were lots of 12" Crafter's Workshop stencils for $3 that were really tempting! Got the embossing folder set that goes with the Sizzix canning jar dies I have, and some Tattered Angels masks - larger ones that will be great with the Gelli Plate.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Got lucky and shopped the day they unloaded their truck! Got Slice cartridges for $4.99, Darice dies for $2.99 and $3.99. There was a lot of other things but I hit my limit with the Slice accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

OK, went to all 3 local TM stores, (hunting socks for DH), and they have TONS of embossing folders, and quite a few die sets. I bought 2 Darice dies sets at $3.99 each, and Medallion 5 Spellbinders (also $3.99). My stores had a bunch of the sets like Celtic Motifs, and Celtic accents, and others of that type (Dang, I paid a lot more for those when I bought mine!). Die prices from 3.99 to 8.99, with most at 5.99 & 6.99. Naturally, I couldn't leave the store without paper, but at least it was on clearance, with another 40 - 60% off (12 sheets of 12X12 bamboo pattern for 30 cents [1.49 less 80%] and 25 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 pink cs for $1.20 {2.99 less 60%}- I like those prices!)
Also snagged a Hampton Arts clear stamp set for $2.99, like I need more stamps, but it's a cute snowman/Christmas set.

I try NOT to go in regularly, or I'd be so broke! But I LOVE the prices.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I try NOT to go in regularly, or I'd be so broke! But I LOVE the prices.
You made quite the haul! I was there last week. Started out with over $100 worth in my cart. Cut it down to $25. I've decided that's my limit and to not go regularly!!!! Dies and embossing folders are my weakness. I inventoried all of mine into Evernote and that is keeping me in check. I did get one, a 7 Gypsies sentiment stamp set, another Slice cartridge, a Pebbles chalk set, a stencil and a couple of ink pads. The dies were quite the temptation and I resisted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

I'd been eyeing the Darice dies online for a while, so when I found two sets I was particularly interested in, at $3.99, I bought them. I managed NOT to buy any embossing folders, even though there were lots I'd have been happy to have.

I do the same thing- toss stuff into the cart, and then pare it down to a reasonable amount.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

I just opened the Darice dies, and ya know what? They give you a magnet sheet in the package with the dies. Wow! I'm delighted. Wish all dies came with a sheet of magnet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #15  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Little B dies also come on a magnetic sheet. They cut very well. The website is littlebllc.com (I think).

I wish Tuesday Morning was closer to me. Several years ago I bought some rolls of Basic Grey wrapping paper. (Figgy Pudding). With the sad news that they are going out of business, I think I will be hoarding what is left!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a Tuesday Morning pretty close to me, but in a shopping center I don't visit often. This thread reminded me I hadn't been there in a while.

This particular store had revamped their paper supplies section, and put it up near the front of the store. It had been way in the back, and was only a couple of shelves. I had never found much there in the past.

But the new location was packed with lots of good stuff. I only bought packs of pattern paper, but wow what a bargain. They had 25 sheet packs by My Minds Eye of different black and white patterns for only 99 Cents. They had 4, and I bought 4!

I love using black and white designs on my cards, because I can frame it with almost any color of cardstock I want.

I also got a couple of 25 sheet packs of a pretty hot pink color - one with a small chicken wire pattern, and one with a graph paper design. I'm pretty happy about my purchases!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #17  

If anyone has been in need of watercolor brushes, there has been a little stock at my TM lately - a few weeks ago they had some Princeton Snap brushes (singles) which are pretty nice and I wish I would have grabbed a few more... also, sets of brushes in cases from Daler Rowney, and today there were a bunch of mixed sets by Silver Brush, art/craft brushes, sets of 4, but all different ones, for $2 apiece. I finally broke down and got the Daler Rowney Sapphire brush set - those are a nice brush (synthetic/sable blend) - the set was $20, reg. $80.
Attached Thumbnails
Tuesday Morning craft supplies-sam_1535.jpg   Tuesday Morning craft supplies-sam_1536.jpg   Tuesday Morning craft supplies-sam_1537.jpg   Tuesday Morning craft supplies-sam_1538.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

I bought a set of those little bitsy ones in the first picture! I figure they will be nice for using Twinkling H2Os and my Holly Berry House stamps (lots of small detail).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Their inventory changes frequently. My DD has gymnastics next door to one, so I go in twice a week and often come home with something to add to my stash. Ours always has alot of embossing folders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #20  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 612 Likes on 431 Posts

I bought a few embossing folders and some paper this week. I don't get there often, it is a fun store to go look around
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
There is a Tuesday Morning pretty close to me, but in a shopping center I don't visit often. This thread reminded me I hadn't been there in a while.

This particular store had revamped their paper supplies section, and put it up near the front of the store. It had been way in the back, and was only a couple of shelves. I had never found much there in the past.

But the new location was packed with lots of good stuff. I only bought packs of pattern paper, but wow what a bargain. They had 25 sheet packs by My Minds Eye of different black and white patterns for only 99 Cents. They had 4, and I bought 4!

I love using black and white designs on my cards, because I can frame it with almost any color of cardstock I want.

I also got a couple of 25 sheet packs of a pretty hot pink color - one with a small chicken wire pattern, and one with a graph paper design. I'm pretty happy about my purchases!
When I used to have to drive down to Edmond OK from Wichita to do my mother's banking (no Chase bank in Wichita), I used to always go in the TM there- it was right across the parking lot from the bank. Figured it made the drive more worthwhile!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

There are three TMs within an hour of me. I have never been in one because obviously I didn't realize they sold craft supplies. Now I will be checking out two of them tomorrow. Thanks for the enabling! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjgougeView Post
There are three TMs within an hour of me. I have never been in one because obviously I didn't realize they sold craft supplies. Now I will be checking out two of them tomorrow. Thanks for the enabling! LOL!
Oh, my dear! We'll just get you hooked. I went to 2 of our local stores today. Didn't buy a lot today, but got some nice stamp & embossing folder sets. Naturally, I bought a package of cs- kraft color with a pretty damask pattern, and a couple of paintbrush sets.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

They have lots and lots of other good stuff besides craft supplies, too. Be prepared to look around. It's a fun place!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I only made it to one today. Had my granddaughter with me and she had just come from the doctor with strep. She was definitely not in the mood for shopping. I did get a couple of embossing folders, paper flowers and a pack of MME black print DSP.

Will definitely be going back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well, I only made it to one today. Had my granddaughter with me and she had just come from the doctor with strep. She was definitely not in the mood for shopping. I did get a couple of embossing folders, paper flowers and a pack of MME black print DSP.

Will definitely be going back.
I got 4 packs of the black print paper - what a bargain!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a TM in Boone NC, never been in it. Maybe I should visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYXROCKSMEView Post
There is a TM in Boone NC, never been in it. Maybe I should visit.
Our daughter-in-law has lived in Boone most of her adult life. Is it your home? Such beautiful scenery there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TM

I live just over the TN line. I agree, NC mountains are beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I live in Oklahoma which is very flat and you can see for miles and miles to the horizon. I think the mountains are beautiful, but when I visited my daughter-in-law in Boone, it really freaked me out driving all the way up to the top of the mountain to Boone. I like to visit, but it would really be an adjustment if I had to live there, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Where in Tennessee? I live in Unicoi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Where in Tennessee? I live in Unicoi.
Wow, small world! My husband's family is from Unicoi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Made a Tuesday Morning trip today, scored on Ranger Dyan Reaveley and Dylusions stencils and masks for $1.99 each! There were also Dylusions stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2016, 03:43 AM   #34  

I got a set of the Dyan Reaveley stamps for...$4 or $5? My store also had some Hero Arts/Basic Grey stamp sets for $.99!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

I've lived in Ohio for four years and had no idea there was one of these stores near me, until today. I'll definitely have to check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #36  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covington CrafterView Post
Made a Tuesday Morning trip today, scored on Ranger Dyan Reaveley and Dylusions stencils and masks for $1.99 each! There were also Dylusions stamps.
Nice find!!!
I rarely think about going there, even though it's within 30-40 mins. Probably better for my wallet. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Definitely better for your wallet not to go! I only spent $20 yesterday. It's completely related to how much time I spend in there. I stopped on my way to a lunch date with a friend and only had 20 minutes in the store. The more I look, the more I find
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

Oh my gosh Carla....what a great find! I need to run over there tomorrow and see if they have more stencils...thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Again...so jealous. I checked. Nothing anywhere close to me. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #40  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Again...so jealous. I checked. Nothing anywhere close to me. :(
Road Trip?

Reply With Quote Likes