Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for your cards and thoughts

Dear Carla Mc..., Stampin up chick, Stampin Vicki, Karen Mxxxx, Chitcha, Denise Rxxxxx, Kathy Bxxxx , Aunt Kimi, Mytime, Chooch, Betty Bxxxxxx, and SCS friends

Thank you all for the bottom of my heart for your kindness I have received your cards. A special thank you to Carol Shafer, my demo, and good friend who called out to you. Each card is so beautiful and the messages inside -encouraging. It warms my heart to see people rally around you...even someone you have never met. I pick them up and reread them again especially in those occasional dark times when I can wallow in self pity. We all know that attitude is everything.

I have a six year old child so I made sure he had his birthday party and started him off in first grade . He has made some new friends and I feel comforted that he will have consistency and can take advantage of his "safe haven" of school while his Mama is in another state having her surgery.

I go for my surgery on Wed for adenocystic cancer of the parotid gland. then I have daily radiation for seven weeks. its a rare form of cancer that follows nerve paths. It can show up anywhere, and b/c its so rare it is often misdiagnosed. For me, we all kept thinking that the pain near my ear was all related to TMj -even that new swelling that cropped up this past year. Adenocystic Carcinoma is a metastatic form of cancer....it will come back, when - thats the unknown. i share this with you only to reinforce the need for each of you to be your own advocate in your health care- trust your gut, become educated , push your caregivers etc.

Again, Thank you for all your prayers - keep them coming. The vision I will carry in my head enroute to the OR - will be the blessed virgin ( my version of the great mother) at my head and all of my family and friends holding those rails as they wheel me in.

Love to you all
Barbara
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

good luck to you, I'll continue to think of you and pray for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

And our love back to you, to take with you; good luck and God Bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Default Thank you for your cards and prayers

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Dearest Barbara,
You are in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers. May the Lord hold you in His healing arms.
Reply With Quote Likes