Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #41  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skittle1321, thanks for sharing the link. I really like the flourishes (kinda like the Rhonna Farrar set I just bought! Darn it!) and the stitches set.

I like my unmounted stamps and if I weren't a SU demo, I'd be all unmounted. I think a recent ex-demo has posted her results with unmounting in this forum too. It takes me the same amount of time to use unmounted as mounted....really your just throwing some rubber on a block....it's not that difficult. And you can see through the block for better placement (even if they are not clear stamps). Oh and the space saver...a million sets at my fingertips instead of boxes falling all over my little 1 foot space I'm trying to work in.

I haven't purchased any TAC paper, but it looks nice. To me it looks pretty similar to my Archivers prices. I think if folks like the paper, they'll buy it.

Oh, and wasn't this thread just to tell us the fall supplement was up? I don't think it was to start a debate on whether SU demos think the paper is too expensive or the sets out of date....obviously SU demos like SU better, that's why we're demos.

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that.
~Tom Lehrer

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, there really weren't that many Christmas stamp sets! Not too impressed.

Although I did Like the running stitches set and wish SU had something like this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

The running stitches set is cute, as is the flourishes set. Still, I'm not sure that I'm ready to make the leap to unmounted stamps. I have a hard enough time mounting my stamps once (hence the many stamp sets I own that are only partially mounted right now).

It is nice to know that these are rubber stamps, with all of their advantages over acrylic, but I guess I don't understand how they help you line up images without the stamp-a-ma-jig. Can you always tell if you mounted the stamps on the acrylic straight? I don't cut my stamps right up to the line -- I always leave a small lip all around, but I can't alwayss make the lip uniform. It seems even looking through an acrylic block I would only be able to tell where the lip is, not the image. And what if you only want to use a part of the image or only a few words out of a sentiment? I'm not trying to be snarky, because I love my stamp-a-ma-jig (just look at the card i made tonight for the LSC challenge) and would not mind continuing to do this with any TAC sets that I might purchase, but since being able to see through the acrylic block is being touted as an advantage, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something (and I could be -- it's been a looooong day and some of the brain cells have undoubtedly been killed by wine at dinner -- LOL).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the papers too but not sure if I can spring the $$$ for them. I've been a very bad girl lately with my stampin' spendin'!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the link - always a good idea to get the info out there for folks!
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:56 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

I am an SU hobby demo, But I own several TAC stamps and stamp sets, I also own a few CTMH sets...and house mouse etc.
I like the idea of unmounted rubber with the cling, I hope someday SU switches to that, really. The acrylic is bad in the long run, *it loses it's stickiness (even when you "revive" them with warm soapy water) & *You can NOT use solvent or alcohol inks with them. However I will say that I think an unmounted alphabet should be cheaper than 40 bucks.

The papers were great, some GORGEOUS...but 9 x 9? and the price is high.

the 12 x12 set that the supplement shows is ok, not really something I need or want right now...but the first thing i saw was you are only getting one of each, not 2...in SBing I usually do 2 page layouts...this makes 1 sheet per abig no-no. and then I have to ask why is it 20$ for 16 pcs of paper, that is more than 1$ per sheet...I know there is alphabets and die cuts, but still most paper is about 50 cents a sheet so why not sell this set for 12 bucks?? Certainly more people would buy it. Just another opinion, CTMH paper is getting better with their prices, but still not great either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
As far as SU! I think you must be referring to the Treehouse paper with the "puke" :mrgreen: the other papers don't have the feature of the "distressed by spillage" look. I haven't gotten the Treehouse paper yet, but it would be nice if the catalog showed that a little better than it does. Some people really like that look.
I just got this paper last night, Jan, and it isn't so bad. There may be one or two sheets that have the "puke" look, but the others are pretty nice.

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 03:42 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

The 9x9 papers are actually kinda neat for us, because we just started carrying 9x9 leather albums this year. Now this is a quick and easy option for some scrapbookers. :grin:

I was surprised (yes! I admit it!) that there less stamps this time, especially Christmas ones. And, yet, this year's catty had almost all new Christmas stamps.

I suspect its tough for all of these companies out there to come up with really new and different designs... I didn't really see any sets that were "out of date"; although, my wardrobe is according to my 10 year old DH!! So, what do I know?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
according to my 10 year old DH!! So, what do I know?!?!
Oh my goodness! I was just pouring my first cup of coffee when it struck me! That was supposed to be daughter!! yikes... :???:

Edit button, where art thou?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:21 AM   #49  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Oh my goodness! I was just pouring my first cup of coffee when it struck me! That was supposed to be daughter!! yikes... :???:

Edit button, where art thou?!
OH, come on, admit it! Doesn't he act like he is 10...sometimes? :mrgreen:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have TAC prices gone up in general? I checked out the link to the Fall Supplement that the OP had and was shocked at the prices. I like the papers but not the price for 9x9. I can easily find similar style stuff in my LSS stores at 12x12 for the same price. Maybe I'd have to cut it down to 9x9 if that's what I wanted for scrapbooking but then I'd have all those scraps to use for cardmaking. I was floored by the new TAC catty's price on the larger alphabets. For just the rubber and the cling, $40 is really, really high. I did get one of the slightly smaller alphabets for $20 but that got me upper, lower and numbers. I've gotten TAC sets that were of a theme I've had trouble finding elsewhere currently but overall, I thought the new catty (and now the Fall Supplement) had gone up in price for what you get. For the price, some sets are still a good deal for just the rubber and cling, but for others, they've gotten pricey since you still have to get the blocks (and I prefer the clear blocks to using an ink case or something else) if I'm using TAC stamps. Maybe because SU's sets overall appear to have come down in price or because I've gotten good deals on my Penny Black and other stamps, TAC just seemed high for what I was getting now. Think I'll pass on the $20 for 9x9 paper and the $40 alphabets. I'll just play with my lower priced sets in themes I finally found.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:08 AM   #51  
Mad Swapper

The 9x9 paper is $10.95, and I think it was described as cardstock, so would be heavier weight (unlike our 8x8 PAPER in the catalog).

On the positioning/clear block issue--I really like being able to place my stamp, or stamps for a word or combination, on the clear block so it is perfectly straight. Especially the words--I can shift them and practice stamp until the word is absolutely parallel to the edge of the block and then I position the block's edge parallel to the edge of the card and voila, I always have get a straight word or sentiment. On the wood blocks, if I don't position the word right when I stick it on, I am always having to compensate when stamping--if I remember to do so--or use the stamp-a-ma-jig (which I do love). I can do the same thing with images, so I know they are stamping "straight", as I want it. I always make multiplies of cards, so the initial adjusting to get the stamp right is worth it to me, as I stamp, stamp, stamp it on a bunch of cards. And buying several acrylic blocks did not cost me a ton of money, TAC has them for quite cheap (though not having the smooth rounded-in sides like the more expensive blocks do does not bother me, as I know it does bother some stampers--to each her own :-).

I am not sure why TAC's big alphas are $40, though. They were $30 last year when introduced but jumped up this year. More of our alphas are $20 and under, though. Not as large, for scrapbooking use, but with more letters (uppers and lowers, and/or additional vowels) so I think you really get your money's worth with them. I love them!

The supplement is just pretty good, in my opinion. I really like the swirly leaves set, but that is the only one that is a real must-have for me. The nativity set is nice and Christ-centered, but I don't make my Christmas cards so don't need it (gasp! my MIL always sends me boxes of gorgeous Lang cards to use every year and I don't want to disappoint her by not using her kind gift). I do like the 9x9 papers and appreciate that they are cardstock. I am relieved personally that I don't have a wishlist the size of my arm on this one...
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just to clarify, the 12x12 set of paper is $19.95. The 9x9 sets are $10.95.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:19 AM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
OH, come on, admit it! Doesn't he act like he is 10...sometimes? :mrgreen:
ahh...so you can relate, eh?!? tee hee... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:23 AM   #54  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgulotta
The 9x9 paper is $10.95, and I think it was described as cardstock, so would be heavier weight (unlike our 8x8 PAPER in the catalog).

On the positioning/clear block issue--I really like being able to place my stamp, or stamps for a word or combination, on the clear block so it is perfectly straight. Especially the words--I can shift them and practice stamp until the word is absolutely parallel to the edge of the block and then I position the block's edge parallel to the edge of the card and voila, I always have get a straight word or sentiment. On the wood blocks, if I don't position the word right when I stick it on, I am always having to compensate when stamping--if I remember to do so--or use the stamp-a-ma-jig (which I do love). I can do the same thing with images, so I know they are stamping "straight", as I want it. I always make multiplies of cards, so the initial adjusting to get the stamp right is worth it to me, as I stamp, stamp, stamp it on a bunch of cards. And buying several acrylic blocks did not cost me a ton of money, TAC has them for quite cheap (though not having the smooth rounded-in sides like the more expensive blocks do does not bother me, as I know it does bother some stampers--to each her own :-).

I am not sure why TAC's big alphas are $40, though. They were $30 last year when introduced but jumped up this year. More of our alphas are $20 and under, though. Not as large, for scrapbooking use, but with more letters (uppers and lowers, and/or additional vowels) so I think you really get your money's worth with them. I love them!

The supplement is just pretty good, in my opinion. I really like the swirly leaves set, but that is the only one that is a real must-have for me. The nativity set is nice and Christ-centered, but I don't make my Christmas cards so don't need it (gasp! my MIL always sends me boxes of gorgeous Lang cards to use every year and I don't want to disappoint her by not using her kind gift). I do like the 9x9 papers and appreciate that they are cardstock. I am relieved personally that I don't have a wishlist the size of my arm on this one...
Thank you for posting this...I'm not bashing TAC, I was just genuinely puzzled by the price of some of the products. I think that some people (like me) will always prefer to have wood blocks for most of their stamps, but I'm not totally closed to the idea of unmounted with acrylic; it would just depend on how much I liked the images. I really do like that alphabet...just wish it was less expensive.

As far as scrapbooking formats, I do have one 8 x 8 album that I bought to do a vacation scrapbook...it's a Colorbok album and I really do like it. But I'd rather buy the 12 x 12 paper and cut it down if I want to use it for 8 x 8...that way it's more versatile for me, KWIM?

I wish we carried the 8 x 8 format; I like it better than 6 x 6. I was really hoping this year we would. :(I started out doing 8 1/2 x 11, BTW, and switched to 12 by 12 because I liked to put more than a few photos on a page and because all the really cool paper was coming out in that size. Ny local stamp/scrap store has almost totally STOPPED selling 8 1/2 x 11 paper and they don't have the scrapbooks anymore either. The only 8 1/2 x 11 paper they sell is specialty stuff plus the Paper Impressions line that goes with the brass templates.

And I feel the same way about SU!'s holiday mini...I love some of the sets, but was really grateful to find I wouldn't be going overboard like I did on the Spring or Summer minis! :mrgreen:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:24 AM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

ahh...so you can relate, eh?!? tee hee... ;)
Oh yeah, baby! :mrgreen:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

The alpha set may be high, but look at the other sets. The Christmas set called "the only thing" is a set of 7 and a couple of those are large. Could you get all that for $10.95 in a wood mounted set anywhere. I doubt it. ;) I also want to clarify the alpha stamps are all the size of the "a" in the picture. All of the others are not shown actual size. Still, it is high. That's why you should be a hostess and get it 1/2 price, right?! LOL

The 12x12 and 9x9 are cardstock, not paper. TAC's 12x12 sets are the exact same weight as the Basic Grey sets we sold last year and I didn't hear all the complaints then. AND TAC has even added a sheet of large monogram-type cardstock stickers that Basic Grey didn't have in their kits. Sometimes I just gotta splurge on those once in a while. And if you buy Basic Grey by the sheet, I doubt it is 50 cents/ sheet unless it's on sale.

Also, like Chris said. TAC came out with 9x9 cardstock sets because people were asking for it. We have beautiful 9x9 leather albums, why wouldn't they want to carry paper or cardstock that size. Makes sense to me. Personally I do 8.5x11 or 8x8. But I can still use 9x9 for both of those sizes by either layering (stamp or embellish around it) or trimming down a little with a 1" scrap left to use elsewhere. Works for me

I do wish the printed supplement had less samples and more new product/stamps. That's the only thing I can come up with to complain about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

Oooh....9x9....to be honest I didn't look that closely at that one...I've done 3- 8x8 albums in the past few weeks....so I bet he 9x9 would give me just a tad more to work with!

By the way Jess, thanks for sharing the link in the original post! I woulda found it three weeks later (mainly cause I don't go searching for things;) ) and mighta missed those cute stitches stamps that I -must- have now!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I have to say that as far as the alpha set goes, CTMH has come out with three new alpha sets that are also LARGE sets and sell for 34.95. This is the clear acrylic stamps that mount on clear blocks so there is no cling foam with it. Just acrylic. Now I personally do not like the acrylic due to staining so I prefer rubber. So actually with TAC you are getting the alphas and the cling foam. I can understand the price. But that's just me

I do like the paper designs but I have just started sbing(been a stampn CTMH snob since 93, but venturing out now). Mostly 12x12 or 6x6. Will have to give 8x8 and/or 9x9 a try ;)

I like the new stamps sets too just not wild about things that slither and creepy crawlies. Althought DD (14) is a major tomboy and would find those kinda things (live) extremely fun!!! Eek!! Don't know where she gets it teeheehee
Pray Until Something Happens
My Stuff
My Avatar is my DD!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:11 AM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5
The alpha set may be high, but look at the other sets. The Christmas set called "the only thing" is a set of 7 and a couple of those are large. Could you get all that for $10.95 in a wood mounted set anywhere. I doubt it. ;) I also want to clarify the alpha stamps are all the size of the "a" in the picture. All of the others are not shown actual size. Still, it is high. That's why you should be a hostess and get it 1/2 price, right?!
Does TAC offer the hostess any FREE merchandise like SU??
I keep seeing posts about getting things for half price so does that mean that the hostess doesn't get anything for FREE except the hostess sets??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #60  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

The alpha set may be high, but look at the other sets. The Christmas set called "the only thing" is a set of 7 and a couple of those are large. Could you get all that for $10.95 in a wood mounted set anywhere. I doubt it. ;) I also want to clarify the alpha stamps are all the size of the "a" in the picture. All of the others are not shown actual size. Still, it is high. That's why you should be a hostess and get it 1/2 price, right?! LOL

The 12x12 and 9x9 are cardstock, not paper. TAC's 12x12 sets are the exact same weight as the Basic Grey sets we sold last year and I didn't hear all the complaints then. AND TAC has even added a sheet of large monogram-type cardstock stickers that Basic Grey didn't have in their kits. Sometimes I just gotta splurge on those once in a while. And if you buy Basic Grey by the sheet, I doubt it is 50 cents/ sheet unless it's on sale.

Also, like Chris said. TAC came out with 9x9 cardstock sets because people were asking for it. We have beautiful 9x9 leather albums, why wouldn't they want to carry paper or cardstock that size. Makes sense to me. Personally I do 8.5x11 or 8x8. But I can still use 9x9 for both of those sizes by either layering (stamp or embellish around it) or trimming down a little with a 1" scrap left to use elsewhere. Works for me

I do wish the printed supplement had less samples and more new product/stamps. That's the only thing I can come up with to complain about.
Actually, I get 10% off on all paper at my LYS because I took advantage of the offer they made: purchase a paper tote and when you bring it in the store, you get 10% off. I can buy Basic Grey by the sheet, whichi is good because I don't always like every paper in a design line. I guess we can agree to disagree. Maybe if you pass some of the comments on to your demo support, they might change some of their offerings to please picky people like me! ;)

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Wow - that's expensive paper. I have to admit though, I would love for SU! to start carrying 8x8. It's a great size album. I don't think I'd pay that much for the paper though, even if it's fantastic. There's a lot of fantastic stuff out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #62  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Does TAC offer the hostess any FREE merchandise like SU??
I keep seeing posts about getting things for half price so does that mean that the hostess doesn't get anything for FREE except the hostess sets??
TACs hostess benefits are not the same as SU. They get free sets, but not free merchandise. For booking a workshop a hostess can pick any one item in the catalog for 50% off.

Then based on sales they get additional benefits, which include choices of stamps or paper- and more 1/2 price items.

However, the benefits are slightly different in that as you move up the level, you always keep the stamps from the level below. The benefits also start at $100 and the hostess gets a 20% discount on ALL her purchases that aren't half off up to $150 after party reaches the workshop level. Which I think is a pretty good deal.

(So a $100 ws would earn 1 level A set and 1 half price item, a $200 workshop earns 1 level A set and 2 half price items, a $250 workshop earns 1 level A set, 1 level B set and 2 half price items... all the way up to a $1000 workshop which earns 4 level A sets, 4 level B sets, 2 Level C sets, 2 Level D sets and up to 10 half price items.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #63  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
TACs hostess benefits are not the same as SU. They get free sets, but not free merchandise. For booking a workshop a hostess can pick any one item in the catalog for 50% off.

Then based on sales they get additional benefits, which include choices of stamps or paper- and more 1/2 price items.

However, the benefits are slightly different in that as you move up the level, you always keep the stamps from the level below. The benefits also start at $100 and the hostess gets a 20% discount on ALL her purchases that aren't half off up to $150 after party reaches the workshop level. Which I think is a pretty good deal.

(So a $100 ws would earn 1 level A set and 1 half price item, a $200 workshop earns 1 level A set and 2 half price items, a $250 workshop earns 1 level A set, 1 level B set and 2 half price items... all the way up to a $1000 workshop which earns 4 level A sets, 4 level B sets, 2 Level C sets, 2 Level D sets and up to 10 half price items.)
Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that. :p

I just had a hostess have a SU workshop and her sales were just over $750. She didn't have any money to spend herself due to some unforseen circumstances so we were both thrilled that she got over $160 totally FREE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321

I'd rather earn free merchandise than 1/2 off, but the 20% off your own order is really cool. So, I can see the trade off.... for the customer and especially for TAC. Pretty smart business move, actually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that. :p

I just had a hostess have a SU workshop and her sales were just over $750. She didn't have any money to spend herself due to some unforseen circumstances so we were both thrilled that she got over $160 totally FREE!!
I read about that- that is AWESOME.

They are different companies, so I'd expect that the benefits be different, and while free stuff is great- my hostess benefits are usually like $15 or $20 free. Free is always great- but I think it's also great when I have the opportunity to buy a full set of Prismacolor Pencils or a Big Shot (or even something smaller) at half price- which for the high price items saves me a lot of money- and you can take the half price items on ANYTHING in the catalog- so even if you have a small workshop you could apply the savings to a big item. Both benefits plans work out good for me

I also forgot to mention (for anyone following the thread who doesn't know much about TAC) but ANYONE not just hostesses whose order is $30 or more (and for each $30 increment) gets a free Gift With Purchase stamp or stamp set. These are just little words or pictures that are fun to use- and totally free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #66  
Compulsive Stamper

Just to clarify TAC's large alpha pricing, they price by the sheet of rubber. So the Alpha in the supplement is a full 8*10 sheet of rubber, and therefore twice as much as the smaller alphas on a 1/2 sheet (8*5, the $19.95 sets). So the $10.95 sets are on quarter sheets (the extra buck is for the extra cuts in the sheets the manufacturer has to make) etc, etc.
Also, to clarify the paper pricing, it's about the same as Basic Grey collection packs, sacrificing 2 extra sheets of paper to add a sheet of die cut monograms. The alpha stickers, monograms and cardstock elements would retail for about $7.50 all together, which makes the actual cardstock about $.77 cents per sheet, which is on par with what my LSS charges for paper of the same quality (a.k.a, the Basic Grey, the TAC paper is exactly the same weight, etc). Actually, it's .02 cents less.

Hope that helps clear some things up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #67  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for sharing - I like the Flourishes stamp set and Alpha Grunge a lot.... but almost everything is in copyright violation of Stampin' Up!, Hero Arts and Basic Grey.

And for the price... you should get an acrylic block or wood blocks to mount!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

Barb (luv my dolly) - nice "bait" on the TAC bennies subject but I ain't bitin'. OR disputing. Was that one of the "TAC bashing" suggestions going on in the SU demo only forum here on SCS? Yep, heard all about it.

Hey ya'll, if you want to discuss things without all the bashing and arguing, come to A Shade of Blue. We love ALL stampers, scrapbookers, companies, everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Default OMG!

I'm an SU! gal all the way...but love any type of distressed/heritage type papers such as 7 Gypsies and Basic Grey too...etc. TAC's papers are lovely (can't say that about the stamps tho' .

$19.95? OMG... I just saw the price (sorry a bit slow on the uptake here lol!)
$19.95??

Maybe there is something I'm missing? Surely that is a typo for that amount of paper? While the paper is lovely, similar designs are available (with excellent quality) for alot less. I'll pass on these thank you.

Jeannie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

I have a couple of questions about the alpha - is it already mounted on the EZmount? Is it Die Cut or do you have to cut it out from a sheet?

Thanks.

My Blog www.ozzigirl.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:22 AM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

I thought this was a stamping community :confused: where stampers come to share their passion for stamping, not company bashing. The OP just wanted to share the new Fall Supplement and boy has this thread taken a turn......
I am a former SU demo and I made the switch to TAC. However I'm an equal opportunity stamper, I buy what I like no matter the company. If there is something that I don't like, then I don't buy it, but I certainly don't come to a public forum and start bashing the company.
I really don't like to feed into the "drama" but I just had to put my .02 in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #72  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzigirl
I have a couple of questions about the alpha - is it already mounted on the EZmount? Is it Die Cut or do you have to cut it out from a sheet?

Thanks.
I have to say I haven't ordered a large alphabet, so I don't know if they are different- but- all the TAC products I have come as a sheet of rubber, not cut, with a sheet of Creative Cling (EZmount) sized to fit the full sheet of rubber. You just stick the rubber onto the adhesive side of the clingcling. They are not die cut, you will need to trim them yourselves, like SU stamps. (Similarly I haven't gotten any of their large alphas, so I don't know if they are precut)

TAC does not pre adhere the images to the foam because it offers more options. Some people do not use the foam at all. Others index their foam by stamping on the cling side with Stazon or Palette Inks. Some people like to mount onto the foam, and then cut, others like to cut the rubber, then put it on the foam.

I personally index on the cling side, mount to the foam, and then cut. But not everyone does it that way

HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

You bet it was, Vicki -- nice, huh? Makes me really proud to be a SU demo sometimes... And one of the main reasons I like ASB so much!

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Barb (luv my dolly) - nice "bait" on the TAC bennies subject but I ain't bitin'. OR disputing. Was that one of the "TAC bashing" suggestions going on in the SU demo only forum here on SCS? Yep, heard all about it.

Hey ya'll, if you want to discuss things without all the bashing and arguing, come to A Shade of Blue. We love ALL stampers, scrapbookers, companies, everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #74  
Mad Swapper

Default Public Apology

I goofed big-time -- my last post was intended to be a PM. :( Apologies to all concerned!

Happy trails....

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #75  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbean
but almost everything is in copyright violation of Stampin' Up!, Hero Arts and Basic Grey.

What makes you say this?

Are you aware that many stamp designers present & ultimately sell their designs to MANY different stamp companies, and merely tweak the design a little bit so that it is different, or take an image out of one set, add an image to another set so that the company who has already purchased it can't say boo about it being "their" set?

And on the paper, TAC used to carry Basic Grey paper sets up until the current 2006-2007 catalogue. The deisgns TAC now carries are exclusive, but considering the siilarities to the Basic Grey line, it would be more appropriate and accurate to state that TAC's exclusive papers are quite possibly created by Basic Grey. Just as EK Success manufactures the punches for SU...regardless of the fact that the punches have the SU logo, they are still someone else's product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Why is it almost everytime a new catalog/mini catty/supplement comes out for a company, people have to get negative a bash the company?

Just for the record....I LOVE SU, and I buy alot of SU products. I also buy alot of other companies products for my personal use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #77  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is great that folks buy what they love from ANY company. I can understand demos (from any company) feeling a bit defensive when it comes to folks picking apart their products-heck I know I do when SU is bashed on the site. It is OKAY to criticize and say "I do not like it" and I have also learned that not everyone gets excited about the same things I do (although here on the site I have found 95% of teh folks get exccited about chocolate;) ). But also know that anytime a company comes out with new products and you (general you) say "I love it" there will be other folks saying "I don't and here is why...". It has happened here over and over, and I guess I have taken a step back and said to myself "I will promote what I LOVE, and understand others will criticize it, and that is okay.

Everyone is free to purchase what they want. I think it is also important for ALL demos to take a step back and see how they are portraying THEMSELVES on this site. Are you doing what YOU can to put YOURSELF in the best light?

If you feel like you need to be a cheerleader for YOUR comapny that is great-but please remeber that cheerleaders do not often tell the other team that they suck. ;) And that is something that is important all the time, not just on this thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
If you feel like you need to be a cheerleader for YOUR comapny that is great-but please remeber that cheerleaders do not often tell the other team that they suck. ;) And that is something that is important all the time, not just on this thread.
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, I am so amazed by this thread! I came here to share my excitement about the Fall Supplement and didn't expect all of this. Apparently some have never heard "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Life would be boring if we all liked the same things. I love stamping and scrapbooking and the supplies that go with both. I love that there are so many options out there....some I love.....some I don't care for (and I can say that for every company out there). I buy what I like and don't buy what doesn't appeal to me but I don't feel the need to bash or critique others for what they like just because it's not the same as me.

I'm choosing to walk away from the computer now and go get creative!

-Joyce (an equal opportunity stamper)

p.s. Thanks Britta, you rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #80  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbean
Thanks for sharing - I like the Flourishes stamp set and Alpha Grunge a lot.... but almost everything is in copyright violation of Stampin' Up!, Hero Arts and Basic Grey.

And for the price... you should get an acrylic block or wood blocks to mount!

Good luck!
Most of the stamp designers (artists) in the field sell their designs to multiple different companies. That is why you often see like designs marketed by different companies.

And as for the Basic Grey issue- to my understanding BG makes the TAC line of papers as an exclusive to TAC.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes