Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2008, 04:45 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cydstampsView Post
I think it is insulting to everyone to have some of you say this should be discussed on the "demo" side like the customers are stupid and can't think for themselves and will be led a stray by somebody venting about their frustrations.

I thought the OP raised some good points, I did not think she was "bashing" SU. She is frustrated and I can understand that frustration. I no doubt she would feel the same way if the company situation was reversed and the other company decided to come out with stamping products and having to choose that way. See a non demo person can think for themselves. Duh!
I agree. But some SU demos have always been like that, so it's nothing new. ;)

This new "product" line does nothing for me, as my walls have a special plaster swirl on them that doesn't allow any wallpaper, wall words, etc. It's just too bumpy to stick.

Like a previous poster said, I think SU is trying to play "catch up" and it's going to bite them, big time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

actually after seeing some of the items available, it's not just for walls, I think it looks pretty neat, and I was hesitatant at first, but now I am really seeing the possibilities.
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I love how they are using some of SU's most popular (and EXCLUSIVE) images! My customers are going to love these. ANd people who say they are not "crafty" are going to want them too! And this is just phase 1. I can't wait to see what else is in store.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Pearl-ExPert

The brochure is filled with so many goodies, and they go far beyond your walls. You could make cute things for hanging with them, put them on mirrors (for decor on the edge of big mirrors, and they have monograms!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
I love how they are using some of SU's most popular (and EXCLUSIVE) images! My customers are going to love these. ANd people who say they are not "crafty" are going to want them too! And this is just phase 1. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Isn't it great! I wish we would have them last year when my aunt came to a workshop. She doesn't like stamping, but she loves being creative with home decor.
Minglerville Blabber

Received 501 Likes on 304 Posts

Quote:

I am very excited about these!!! AND I LOVE the new floral images. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm liking the Lollipop flowers and the long stemmed ones... I wonder where I can put them.
Doo
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
I'm liking the Lollipop flowers and the long stemmed ones... I wonder where I can put them.
me too! I love the stemmed flower. I think it would look great in a new modern livingroom. DH and I are house hunting so you can bet these will be on my walls, at the very least in my craft room.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post

I think that one is adorable!!!
Glitter Guru

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=craftdoc;10205911]I love how they are using some of SU's most popular (and EXCLUSIVE) images!

I'll admit I was skeptical at first about this new product, but once I saw the pictures in the flyer and the Baroque Motif Flourishes, I'm excited about the possibilities! Those flouishes will be on my wish list, for sure, since the set is one of my very favorites...
Mad Swapper

I like the "Life is Good" saying!
Crimping Master

I saw UpperCase for the first time this past Jan. I loved it, I even considered being a demo, but
since I am a business Demo, another company would take away from my SU business.

I also heard all the hints and warnings SU gave us about competing companies, I just didn't want to go there.

I am thrilled with the additional offering by SU, it just opens up a whole new customer base for me.

From what I understand Uppercase Living was started by an ex top SU executive............Have you ever wondered why the Uppercase Catalog is sooooooo similiar to SU, and much of the verbage is the same............
Which came first the chicken or the egg....Hmmmmmmmmm

Tami
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I think it is insulting to everyone to have some of you say this should be discussed on the "demo" side like the customers are stupid and can't think for themselves and will be led a stray by somebody venting about their frustrations.

I thought the OP raised some good points, I did not think she was "bashing" SU. She is frustrated and I can understand that frustration. I no doubt she would feel the same way if the company situation was reversed and the other company decided to come out with stamping products and having to choose that way. See a non demo person can think for themselves. Duh!
That was not the intent. The reason to take it on the demo side is because it is unprofessional for a representative of a company (and I don't care what company it is) to be bashing that particular company in a forum full of customers. You are basically shooting yourself in the foot if you do this. As a demo myself, not everything that SU does makes me happy. When I vent, I do it on the demo side, because I never want to give my customers the impression that I am not 100 percent supportive of the company that I am representing.

Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtstampzView Post
Quote:

I love how they are using some of SU's most popular (and EXCLUSIVE) images!
I'll admit I was skeptical at first about this new product, but once I saw the pictures in the flyer and the Baroque Motif Flourishes, I'm excited about the possibilities! Those flouishes will be on my wish list, for sure, since the set is one of my very favorites...
I agree! I was hesitant, but now that I've seen it, I'm thinking of TONS of uses! DH doesn't like colored walls (but we have 3 rooms in our house painted in fun colors thanks to my begging ) So I can see using these to spruce up my living room, bathroom, and craft area (which needs new carpet before paint!)
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmomto4View Post
That was not the intent. The reason to take it on the demo side is because it is unprofessional for a representative of a company (and I don't care what company it is) to be bashing that particular company in a forum full of customers. You are basically shooting yourself in the foot if you do this. As a demo myself, not everything that SU does makes me happy. When I vent, I do it on the demo side, because I never want to give my customers the impression that I am not 100 percent supportive of the company that I am representing.
Not trying to be snarky or anything, but isn't that exactly what you just did?
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

On a more positive note, I absolutely agree with Kim! I cannot wait to see what else is in store for us! This definitely was not a stretch, and, like someone else said, is a natural progression. How many times have you picked up a SU catalog and have seen gorgeous stamping on walls? Tons! In my house in PA, I stamped on the walls in two of the rooms, and it wasn't just a little bit here, a little bit there, either. Bottom line, it looked fantastic, but it was very time consuming. These look like they are quick and easy to apply, and the images are beautiful! When this venture really takes off for SU, I am sure that we will be seeing tons more images in tons more colors; maybe even in full color!

Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

nobody was insinuating that customers were dumb or anything of the sort. We just feel that this kind of discussion, about SU and UCL BUSINESS practices needs to be addressed in a business forum, not in front of our customer bases. It paints both companies in a bad light when a representative of those companies bashes them.

Would you feel just as comfortable with it if your demo started bashing either company at your home show?

Some things just aren't proper being discussed in a public forum... kwim?

I'm sorry you felt we were calling you stupid. That was NOT the case.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethyblueView Post
Well now, that's just going to annoy the Avon, Discovery Toys, Victorian Epicure Selections and Partylite demos! lol!
:twisted:
Crimping Master

I'm wondering where people are seeing these images of what the new product is?

And secondly I don't have a problem with what the OP said - I don't think she was caustic in her comments and I think other people are being a little harsh on her - perhaps in what they are saying they are actually doing what they've accused her of.

I think SU has to do something to make it more attractive to even want to be or stay a demo - and this doesn't seem like it will help.
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les' GirlView Post
I'm wondering where people are seeing these images of what the new product is?

And secondly I don't have a problem with what the OP said - I don't think she was caustic in her comments and I think other people are being a little harsh on her - perhaps in what they are saying they are actually doing what they've accused her of.

I think SU has to do something to make it more attractive to even want to be or stay a demo - and this doesn't seem like it will help.

1. Demos can see the new brochure on the SU website.
2. Actually the OP was asking about the new product line. The UCL/SU conundrum is a bit of a hijack, so let's keep on topic with the OP.
3. Wait until you see the brochure. I think it will be a great addition. But if a demo doesn't like it, she doesn't have to promote it. She can still concentrate on the many new products that will come out with the new catalog.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Glitter Queen

I think You ALL are crazy!!! I just want more cute stamps! And NOT ALL Flowers either!
Stazon Splitcoast

Can't we just all get along?
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
nobody was insinuating that customers were dumb or anything of the sort. We just feel that this kind of discussion, about SU and UCL BUSINESS practices needs to be addressed in a business forum, not in front of our customer bases. It paints both companies in a bad light when a representative of those companies bashes them.

Would you feel just as comfortable with it if your demo started bashing either company at your home show?

Some things just aren't proper being discussed in a public forum... kwim?

I'm sorry you felt we were calling you stupid. That was NOT the case.

Thanks CknODac & Eileen! I could not have put it better myself.

And for the record, I was very hesitant about the decor line, but I am loving it and all the possibilities! I have stamped on walls in our previous house and was preparing to do the same in our new home. I love that this option is available and much easier

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Default TOO CUTE!

I am loving these images - even if there are only a few so far!

I always find folks who just refuse to pick up a stamp or scrapbook page but who would add this kind of embellishment to a wall or doorframe border in a heartbeat - especially since it's removable. My friends in apartments and with kids in dorm rooms are going to go crazy for this!

Stampin Up! openly markets itself as a company that promotes creativity, not just stamps and cardstock. This new product line really isn't a huge stretch considering the last couple of catalogs have sections and products dedicated to home decor.

Personally, I always thought the stamping on a wall was too difficult - hard to get a clean image and certainly too small. But with the different sized images with crisp, clean lines, I am ready to try it.

I wonder how long before more images are added to the current brochure.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post

I wonder how long before more images are added to the current brochure.
phase two is supposed to be unveiled at the end of July during Stampin' Up's convention...

I don't know if they'll be available right away, but that's when we are supposed to see them...

Yesterday while listening to the announcement, there was a little blurb talking about the unveiling, and it sounded like she started to say Oct... then corrected herself... very subtle and I doubt many caught it, but it was there. So I'm thinking we might see yet more new stuff in October.
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoildbratView Post
I think You ALL are crazy!!! I just want more cute stamps! And NOT ALL Flowers either!
I love you too, Sarah!;)
Inking Addict

Would someone please tell me where on the demo site I can see these images. I'm a new demonstrator, and I can't find these anywhere!

Reno Creations Blog
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by renointxView Post
Would someone please tell me where on the demo site I can see these images. I'm a new demonstrator, and I can't find these anywhere!
the brochure apparently was released as a test this morning, others found it, and saved a copy before SU took it back down for the official reveal. It should be up in about 10 minutes on the SU site, or you can click on the attachment below...

These will be available for preorder for demos today, and available for customers on July 1st!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf decorelements_web.pdf (1.10 MB, 297 views)
Inking Addict

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

WOW! I really like these! I'm going to have to sand down some spots in my living room because for some reason everyone down here in TX puts this texture stuff on the walls so they are all bumpy...I can't stand it. I've got some work to do to prep my walls for these, but I really really like these!!!!

Reno Creations Blog
Gabfest Goddess

I wonder if my PTA would pay for me to put the letters up around my classroom? (1st grade teacher)

It all looks pretty nice to me.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearlann66View Post
I wonder if my PTA would pay for me to put the letters up around my classroom? (1st grade teacher)

It all looks pretty nice to me.
it wouldn't hurt to ask!

I'm the student council advisor for our middle school, and will ask if this can be our "beautification" project this fall! We usually buy picnic tables and flowers, but they get used so little due to our weather...
Matboard Maniac

I am an SU customer. I think the product line looks nice, but it's really nothing that I would purchase. I prefer to make things like this on my own with my Cricut and save my money to by papercrafting supplies.

I would have much preferred to see them develop a product line of diecut that would be compatible with Cuttlebug or Cricut. It seems that would have been a more natural progression, but they seem determined to venture into a new direction.

For those of you who are demos, I can understand why some of you are disappointed/frustrated. I am a consultant for Longaberger. I am not very active - mostly sell to my family and purchase some myself. In the past few years, Longaberger has tried their hand at selling jewelry, handbags, gourmet kitchen items and bath and boy items. At the end of the day, it was ALL a huge waste of time, resources and money. What they should have invested in is their core product lines: baskets, pottery and wrought iron. They have seen the light (thankfully) and are back to focusing on what made them successful in the first place.

I tell you all of this not because I think SU! will fail, but I don't honestly believe that they can enter this market and take share away from UCL, which is without a doubt, the leader in that category.
Matboard Maniac

trying to open it, but it says that there was an error with the file that can't be repaired???? any help? please!!!!!!
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got to open the brochure, and to say the least I'm not impressed either by the designs or the prices. I can do just the same thing with my cricut and not have to pay the outradges prices SU is asking for. I'm on the fence about becoming a demo after the new catty comes out, I want to see what they have to offer before I take the plunge. But I will not promote something that I'm not impressed with. The area I'm in and the customer base I will have wouldn't buy this type of product.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK to SU, hope you didn't put the cart before the horse.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by boydsluver21View Post
trying to open it, but it says that there was an error with the file that can't be repaired???? any help? please!!!!!!
try right clicking and save target as.... save it to your desktop, then open it from there...

BTW, where in norhteastern pa are you from? I'm from Susquehanna County!
Mad Swapper

Well, I got the file up and they are defin. something I would think about. Esp. if they get more colors going.
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcmdwsView Post
I read that as caskets and bars.... whoa, my mind is really in the gutter.
If things keep progressing may they will make caskets - only in the 48 colors - unless you die in a year where the "In" colors are something your family likes. . I can see it now the SU logo on the bottom of the casket.

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
the brochure apparently was released as a test this morning, others found it, and saved a copy before SU took it back down for the official reveal. It should be up in about 10 minutes on the SU site, or you can click on the attachment below...

These will be available for preorder for demos today, and available for customers on July 1st!
Thanks for posting the brochure. Even after seeing the products, I feel the same way... it's basically what I thought. They are pretty, but how many of those can you put up on your walls? I will maybe get a few eventually, but it's not something like a hobby where you can keep buying and creating. It doesn't seem like a product line that has a lot of longevity, at least for me personally. I'm not going to be changing my wall decor every week or every day... but on the other hand, I can design new cards or paper crafts every day! I think it would have been more worthwhile to come out with a vinyl or die-cutting machine where you could make wall decor items (along with other items) if they were really eager to get into home decor. I would have much rather preferred that, because, probably like most other SU customers, I'm into crafts. I'd rather make something than buy it.
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I can do just the same thing with my cricut and not have to pay the outradges prices SU is asking for
Not everyone owns a cricut and even then a cricut is limited in size...the price is VERY VERY reasonable for the size of the product...it is hard to tell just how big they are because they aren't showing things at full size...

The classic letters for example - are 6 inches tall...good size and only $4 - less than a drink at starbucks

the big long stem decor is 4 feet tall...

No they aren't going to appeal to everyone...but for others...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking ahead ... to Christmas ... what a quick way to decorate to match my Christmas cards ... and Christmas accents ...
My dd fell in love with the Manhattan Flowers already and wants them on her bedroom wall. Guess what I'm going to be ordering! :rolleyes: