Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #241  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm subbing on here for now but will come back to read the thread's posts. But like many I'm not so sure how happy I am about so many of my favy colors going away.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #242  
Rubber Obsessor

I will miss the true blues, Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss -- there are a lot of times when olive is too yellow, artichoke is too green and there is nothing else like mellow moss. Close to Cocoa and Soft Suede are similar, but where do we find something for Cfreamy Caramel. Since Crumb Cake is Kraft -- what do we use for a soft tan on a more formal presentation? Thirty colors at once is a lot to pull at one time. My budget won't stand that kind of refill costs. I barely manage to get the in-colors before they are gone each year. And the demos are supposed to use only current colors and supplies in their classes. I can see why they approve the new changes so much. However, I think that many hobby demos will suffer greatly. One of the reasons that I use SU is because of the matched ink and cardstock and the availability of reinkers. I can't see buying a stamp pad that you can't get a reinker for. Too darn expensive.

I do hope that SU will be having more ribbon available in 1/4" grosgrain and the 3/8" taffeta. Those seem to work the best for cards. The wider heavier ribbons seem to be too bulky or cards. I understand that scrapbookers probably want the bigger stuff but it leaves a lot of us haunting Walmart for substitutes.

I do love the option of purchasing stamps without the wooden blocks. I am not unmounting what I already have -- with the exception of my backgrounds, butr anything new is going to be clear-mount. I hope there is more in the new catty offered in clear mount.

Bettye
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #243  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauladView Post
Wow, I've now been referred to as a "malcontent" - thanks. I read these threads with an open mind but usually keep my opinion to myself. Why? Because any voice of dissent is met with an "... if you don't like it, quit." response. I am fairly confident that most of us "malcontents" feel that to contradict the "Pollyannish" attitudes exuded in so many of these posts is an exercise in futility. What's done is done.

Here's how I feel about the color renovation. I signed on as a demo just before the last renovation. While I was signing up with SU in April, did they bother to tell me about the retiring pieces of the starter kit I was purchasing? No. I let it slide. I have Mint Melody, Mauve Mist, and Marvelous Magenta (which I really, really love, by the way) gathering dust in the seldom-used-ink-pads basket in my craft room. I am fortunate enough to be a hobby demo with enough friends who like SU to keep me in my minimums, so I haven't quit yet. I have met a lot of great women through this hobby, and that alone is enough to keep me a demo. I will keep reminding myself of that fact as I revamp my stamp pads, markers and paper. I have my monthly stamp camps and we have a lot of fun. I keep telling my friends that the first quarter I don't make my minimums is my last quarter as a rep for SU. Unfortunately, I know there are many, many demonstrators out there who are struggling to stay in business with SU. The economy right now stinks, and I think SU should have kept this in mind when they were thinking about this renovation. They should have phased in these changes more gradually.

Yes, I agree that SU can't be expected to keep the same colors forever. And I do agree that they need to keep things current. But, retiring 23 colors in one fell swoop is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of demos. If you are one of those demos, if you can, pack the retiring stuff up in a dark sealed container (to prevent fading or drying out), wait about a year, and sell it on ebay. If you can wait long enough, you'll be able to make your money back and maybe even make a tidy profit. Part of my problem with all of the retiring/new colors is that they are so similar. Some of these need not have been fast-tracked in the renovation (e.g., Ruby Red vs. Cherry Cobbler, and yes, I do realize they are not EXACTLY the same). Also, some of the new In-Colors look to be very similar to a retiring color. I think I see an In-Color replacement for Blush Blossom in the latest issue of Stampin' Success - I could be wrong. It is understandable to see where some might get the idea that SU is trying to make money off of their demos.

I am really dismayed with with the retirement of a light purple (Almost Amethyst) and a teal (Taken With Teal). I see these as gaping holes in their new color schemes. Teal is still pretty hot right now, and even the background of this forum uses a light purple. I will also really miss Cameo Coral. It seems to me that there are two many red/orange variations, as well as a ton of pinks! I wonder if the fact that SU is in the southwest has any impact on their color choices. The much of the palatte looks very southwestern - brown, reds, oranges. I am from the north and I know this is probably why I prefer the colors I do. I chuckled to myself when I saw the color renovation Q & A page in Stampin' Success. I was trying to replicate the color combo of an ad for a stamping expo that used those same colors - this was about two years ago. Last year, I was reading an article about upcoming color trends in home decor and fashion. They mentioned that purples would be hot, with a lot of them right in the violets (between purple and blue). I was hoping to see the return of Vintage Violet. It's everywhere in fashion. I also see a need to keep some really basic colors - Brilliant Blue especially. I hope SU isn't going too far.

So there you have it. Another "whine/vent" from another "malcontent". Thanks, I feel a little less "opressed". What amazes me is that some of you are so unwilling to criticize Stampin' Up but are so quick to negatively criticize your fellow stampers for simply stating their opinion.
i have a print out with the SU logo, that shows five columns with six colors in each column. According to my math that makes 30 retiring colors. Leaving just 18 out of 48 basic colors in the current (July 2010) catty. That's BIG change to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 AM   #244  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

BeeJinx, it is a big change and kind of hard to swallow, I know. I was very upset at first but I've really come around. I really like the new colors and collections. I still havn't had time to post pics on my blog and here but I will...eventually:-) Looks like it might rain tomorrow so if it does I don't have to work...and I can put off working on wedding invites if I play on the computer, LOL...anyway....

As far as ribbons, from what I read in our demo magazine it looks like there will be more options in more colors. Also, it looks like there will be more accessories in more colors and just more in general, which is exciting!!! On the webinar we listened to they said that they will have more room in the warehouse now (without the colors that sat there and didn't sell) so they will have more room for more accessories! Can't wait to see the new catty!!! I'll be on my honeymoon when it goes live so I hope I get my demo copy early....now that was bad planning....to bad I can't reschedule, LOL!!!!!

I'm loving the clear mount too, I'm not unmounting anything, even backgrounds and I think I will continue to get them in wood but everything else is UM!

Happy stamping!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #245  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeJinxView Post
i have a print out with the SU logo, that shows five columns with six colors in each column. According to my math that makes 30 retiring colors. Leaving just 18 out of 48 basic colors in the current (July 2010) catty. That's BIG change to me.
There were 48 basic colours, plus the neutrals (6) ... so, we're keeping 24/54, which is a slightly better proportion. And keeping 3 out of 6 current In Colors.

But yes, it's still a big change.

Would it have been better to change 4 or 5 colours a year? After a year or two, nobody would have felt that there was any stability to the colours.
Now we've bit the bullet, made the big change ... and can expect some stability for the next few years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #246  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gail, All good points. I just hate loosing my friends. "sniff" But I'll roll with the changes and be thankful I will have all the old colors, refills & markers so I can still use them for a while to come. Then I get to buy new ones. So not so bad just hate loosing so many of my long time friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #247  

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
Gail, All good points. I just hate loosing my friends. "sniff" But I'll roll with the changes and be thankful I will have all the old colors, refills & markers so I can still use them for a while to come. Then I get to buy new ones. So not so bad just hate loosing so many of my long time friends.
But really, you're not losing them. You'll just have to make a bigger effort to 'stay in touch' because they won't be as easily available.
A quick ebay search reveals that you can still get Mint Melody ink and Marvelous Magenta paper ... and they 'moved away' five years ago.

Keep them out in the open, and use them!
And buy a package or two of paper.

And think of the new friends you'll make. I just got make one sheet samples yesterday of the 5 new colours ... and they've already grabbed my heart! (Well, except for Cajun Craze, but I've never really been a fan of rust colors!) But I could happily drown in Early Espresso or Cherry Cobbler! New bff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #248  
Insane Embellisher

I'm so bummed. I sorted through my inks and found that more than 50 percent of the inks SU is keeping, I haven't even opened. All those colors they're tossing? Three quarters of them are opened and well-loved. Bold Brights has always been my favorite color family, and it's the most revamped.

Not sure SU and I are moving in the same direction anymore. Oh well. Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone for the information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #249  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
There were 48 basic colours, plus the neutrals (6) ... so, we're keeping 24/54, which is a slightly better proportion. And keeping 3 out of 6 current In Colors.

But yes, it's still a big change.

Would it have been better to change 4 or 5 colours a year? After a year or two, nobody would have felt that there was any stability to the colours.
Now we've bit the bullet, made the big change ... and can expect some stability for the next few years.
I agree and have said the same to other people. Retire 5 colors a year. I have my drawers set up as the color catagories and they are all marked. I will be ordering a lot of paper to make sure I have enough of the retired colors and plan to keep the same catagories. Some of the girls I met at the SU workshops and I have started meeting once a month and we bring enough supplies for everyone to make 2 cards, there are 4 of us so we leave with 8 cards and only the money for supplies invested. Now we have started taking a shopping trip once a month and I am having more fun than ordering out of catalog and waiting 10 days. I am amazed at how many local shops we have-5 in one town.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #250  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gail,

You're right I do like some of the new colors, I just wish they had kept some of the soft subtles especially the purples. I don't use as much of the paper as I do the inks but I guess change is a comin as they say and I'll learn to live without them. My hope is that the new in colors will have some of the paler colors. Don't get me wrong I really like most of the colors they are keeping but just have a hard time justifying Night of Navy AND Not Quite Navy and a few of the others but that's just me. I'm not really complaining I know that I'll just have to order loads of what I may miss. DD1's favs were Certainly Celery and Barely Banana along with using a couple of the others for skin tones and blond hair. She's not sure what she's going to use now. There's not much for folks with skin of less color. Oh well, such is life - we'll figure out something else to use.

Again, as DD1 says I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #251  

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
Gail,

You're right I do like some of the new colors, I just wish they had kept some of the soft subtles especially the purples. I don't use as much of the paper as I do the inks but I guess change is a comin as they say and I'll learn to live without them. My hope is that the new in colors will have some of the paler colors. Don't get me wrong I really like most of the colors they are keeping but just have a hard time justifying Night of Navy AND Not Quite Navy and a few of the others but that's just me. I'm not really complaining I know that I'll just have to order loads of what I may miss. DD1's favs were Certainly Celery and Barely Banana along with using a couple of the others for skin tones and blond hair. She's not sure what she's going to use now. There's not much for folks with skin of less color. Oh well, such is life - we'll figure out something else to use.

Again, as DD1 says I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...
If you just need to use it to stamp - the Blush Blossom marker will remain available.
Certainly Celery is staying.
My dd's skin is so pale, the best match is probably Very Vanilla!

I'm not sure that there is anybody who isn't "losing" a favorite colour (or two). But I'm trying to have a 'glass half-full' attitude.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #252  

Quote:

If you just need to use it to stamp - the Blush Blossom marker will remain available.
Certainly Celery is staying.
My dd's skin is so pale, the best match is probably Very Vanilla!

I'm not sure that there is anybody who isn't "losing" a favorite colour (or two). But I'm trying to have a 'glass half-full' attitude.
Sadly whisper white would probably be the best match for mine, LOL...not really kidding though:-)

Time to go get a spray tan tomorrow....

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #253  
Kookie Creator

If you get a spray tan, tell the attendant that it has to be "crumb cake" color, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #254  

Quote:

Originally Posted by liannallamaView Post
If you get a spray tan, tell the attendant that it has to be "crumb cake" color, LOL!
LOL, i'm not sure crumb cake is my color....maybe some creamy caramel:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #255  
Inking Addict

Default crumb cake

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamelodgeView Post
How come in the new colors there is a crumb cake listed... That would make 6 new colors. My question is .. will there also be new in colors wow this will kill the pocket book.
Crumb cake is a new name for the S/U craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #256  

Yes, there will be 5 new in colors. They will now be available for 2 years. 5 will come in this year and then we will get 5 more next year (2011). Every year a new group will rotate in and the "old" group will be retired. SO, starting next year there will always be 10 in colors:-)

Better go sell some plasma...or better yet, donate a kidney, LOL!!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #257  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Yes, there will be 5 new in colors. They will now be available for 2 years. 5 will come in this year and then we will get 5 more next year (2011). Every year a new group will rotate in and the "old" group will be retired. SO, starting next year there will always be 10 in colors:-)

Better go sell some plasma...or better yet, donate a kidney, LOL!!!!

I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. In addition to the new color families there will still be an additional 5 new in colors and they will stay for 2 yrs. I just want to make sure that the 5 in colors are not a part of the new color families.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #258  

Quote:

Originally Posted by threefurbabiesmomView Post
I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. In addition to the new color families there will still be an additional 5 new in colors and they will stay for 2 yrs. I just want to make sure that the 5 in colors are not a part of the new color families.
Thanks
The new in colors are NOT part of the new color families. There will still continue to be in colors that rotate in and out just like they have....just on a longer rotation...clearer now?

I KNOW it's super confusing!!!! :-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #259  
Rubber Obsessor

Default !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
The new in colors are NOT part of the new color families. There will still continue to be in colors that rotate in and out just like they have....just on a longer rotation...clearer now?

I KNOW it's super confusing!!!! :-)
Much clearer! Thanks for the additional info. I'm excited about the new colors but will definitely miss some of the retiring ones. Definitely have to stock up on some favorites!

BTW...congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How many invitations are you making? We are planning my daughter's wedding and I can't even begin to imagin making the invitations. We can't even agree on the thank you favors! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #260  

Quote:

Originally Posted by threefurbabiesmomView Post
Much clearer! Thanks for the additional info. I'm excited about the new colors but will definitely miss some of the retiring ones. Definitely have to stock up on some favorites!

BTW...congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How many invitations are you making? We are planning my daughter's wedding and I can't even begin to imagin making the invitations. We can't even agree on the thank you favors! lol
Glad to help! My wedding is at the end of June...my mom, his mom and two of my bridesmaids made about 170 invites and reply cards each a few weekends ago. Wasn't too bad and we had fun! I kept them pretty simple though and none of them had ever stamped before...my maid of honor just made my bachelorette invites to surprise me...since she said she knew how now, LOL.

I was going to make my shower thank yous but I I need over 30 of them this week so I'm going to buy them *gasp*! People will be shocked, haha. We aren't going to do favors...we are going to make a donation for a charity (probably the humane society) instead because I don't want to make 300 and people just tend to throw then away anyway:-) Good luck with whatever you all decide to make:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #261  
Matboard Maniac

Wow!! I only just found out about this. I haven't ordered in a while so I guess my demo forgot about me. I lost my job last year so I've been using what I already have & love. Yesterday I made a Sympathy card - Sage Shadow. Today I made a Mother's day card - Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Pale Plum. If there's any cardstock of the colors that I love left by now, I'll 'invest' in them right away. Color me devastated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #262  
Glitter Queen

This large color change has really disappointed me. I have been acumulating SU products for a few years now, have all the watercolor crayons, spots, 2 craft spot sets, pastels, a lot of paper, and half of my full size pads and a few reinkers, not to mention many, many stamp sets, punches and accessories. Spent a lot of money and time. Now I won't be able to buy the matching paper and ribbon which is the main reason I started with SU. I can't possibly stock up on everything I think I might need in the future, because who knows and plus that would costs a fortune. I am not a demonstrater and do not get any discounts. I don't mind change and enjoy new colors (Kiwi esp.), but this is too much all at once. This change gave me the incentive to go looking at other companies and I am liking what I see. I do not like a lot of the new SU colors. So I am just going to sell my SU stuff and start over with a new company (who has a light purple color by the way). I will refuse to fall into the loyal customer trap again. My demonstrater might miss me, but I'm sure losing one loyal customer won't make a big difference to SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #263  
Insane Embellisher

Smile Change is good

Love the "old" colors. Love the "new" colors. Gotta have everything. Can't wait for the new catty so I can order it all (won't my demo be happy)!

A suggestion for using up supplies of retiring colors: Give the excess to someone who doesn't have anything or has very little to stamp with. I packed old spots with matching card stock to give to a good friend who is on a tight budget. She will love it, and I'll be happy to have made her happy.

P.S. I am NOT a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #264  
Stampin' Fool

That's a great idea! A demo could also donate product to an organization (Girl Scout troops, groups that work with the elderly or with disabled people) and perhaps some of the product cost could be taken as a tax deduction (check with an tax professional, though - I'm definitely not one nor do I play one on TV ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #265  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm NOT a demo and I'm pretty pleased w/ the direction SU is going. I love the new cling stamps, the new style punches - that all helps w/ storage. As far as the colors go, I do wish they would've phased it a little more slowly, but you will never have things in your life that won't change. CHANGE IS A PART OF LIFE no matter what you are involved in. I can't afford to stock up either, but I'm sure I'll come to love the new color families as I do the old ones. There are some colors that I'm not sorry to see go, come I hardly use. But I do love the QUALITY of SU paper and inks.
Actually, I'm more concerned in rearragning my stamping area!
So, that's my say on the subject.

Last edited by Redbugdriver; 05-08-2010 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #266  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts

Just rediscovered SU a few weeks ago and was thrilled to find clear primary colored card stock. NOW they're going to discontinue most of the colors and I'm really miffed about it - I don't have the resources to stock up before July 1! They call them "PRIMARY COLORS" for a reason, SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #267  
Crimping Master

From what I have see and heard they have already sold out of alot of colors. Unfortuntely I don't have the resources to stock up either. I have kinda of gone away from SU and gone to PTI for many reason. Alot being affordability.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #268  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 2,187 Posts

At first I was upset about the phase out of old colors, especially since I had just ordered 11 ink pads the week before! Then I just ordered refills for those being phased out so I can continue to use them for a long time. I am not planning to buy into the new colors so quickly unless there is one I absolutely love, like Razzleberry, but now that's a regular! I am sure I will still be able to make many, many cards and just substitute inks with what I have. I am anxious to see the new catalog and hope they aren't phasing out all the stamps I wanted yet....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #269  
Compulsive Stamper

Default rich razzleberry

hey is Rich Razzleberry at all like the old Marvelous Magenta? I love that color and would love something like it.
I was an SU demonstrator for 6 years. I just can't see Old Olive in the bold brights and no regular green! Definitely a weird change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #270  
Rubber Obsessor

In the end, Stampin Up will either survive these changes or not. For example, I was sad when Eli Stone got canceled, but now I watch Glee. I think Stampin' Up has to take some chances in order to remain vital. Maybe these changes will backfire; but maybe these changes will get people inspired in a new way. I don't know. I have been loyal to Stampin Up for a long time. At this point, however, I think I have weathered the peak of my stamping frenzy. I have changed too since I first started this craft. I don't buy everything anymore. I share my stuff with my friends and they share theirs. I usually buy one or two of the in colors, but not always. I buy whatever I am inspired to try. I guess I am excited to see the new Stampin Up catalog. I can still use my ink pads, regardless of whether or not Stampin Up has retired them. I use what I like. I have never sold my old stamps because I really like the ones I have purchased. Sometimes I take out an old set and try it with a new color. It's all good. I hope these changes work for Stampin Up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #271  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by thompsjView Post
In the end, Stampin Up will either survive these changes or not. For example, I was sad when Eli Stone got canceled, but now I watch Glee. I think Stampin' Up has to take some chances in order to remain vital. Maybe these changes will backfire; but maybe these changes will get people inspired in a new way. I don't know. I have been loyal to Stampin Up for a long time. At this point, however, I think I have weathered the peak of my stamping frenzy. I have changed too since I first started this craft. I don't buy everything anymore. I share my stuff with my friends and they share theirs. I usually buy one or two of the in colors, but not always. I buy whatever I am inspired to try. I guess I am excited to see the new Stampin Up catalog. I can still use my ink pads, regardless of whether or not Stampin Up has retired them. I use what I like. I have never sold my old stamps because I really like the ones I have purchased. Sometimes I take out an old set and try it with a new color. It's all good. I hope these changes work for Stampin Up.
I agree with a lot of what you said. When I first heard about the big retirement coming, I started pulling all my cardstock out and seeing what I could sell (including ink pads, markers, spots, etc., etc., etc.) Then, I thought more about it and wondered WHY? I made that investment, and I can't imagine I'd actually make back what I paid for it at this time (with every other person probably trying to sell their stuff as well.) So, I put all the cardstock back *home* and plan on using it up! "Use it up, wear it out, make it do - or do without!"

This is not to say I won't consider some of the new items coming on, but I'm not going to stock up (except for the few colors that are retiring that I REALLY do use and want to continue to use - Brilliant Blue, for example.) I won't rush to buy all the new stuff either - just get a feel for what is available and see what I start gravitating toward. I was a demo not long before the last overhaul and that smarted a little. I haven't been a demo for 3 years now, so I don't feel the need to keep up with what one company deems "In" - just know my own likes and dislikes and get what I want, if I can, when I want it.

Interested to see what the new catty brings...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #272  
Compulsive Stamper

I decided to stock-up on the retiring colors and my order just came and guess what, many of the colors are backordered and my demo says they won't be filling the order. If they continue making the old colors then it will delay the new colors. I am glad I ordered early because last month I ordered the colors I really use and this month I just ordered a few colors that I thought might be handy to have on hand but have never used before. Maybe they should have announce this change sooner so we had more time to stock-up on supplies and they could manufacture more. I think I am ready for the new catalog now and will be content with the supplies I have on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #273  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceysmomView Post
I decided to stock-up on the retiring colors and my order just came and guess what, many of the colors are backordered and my demo says they won't be filling the order. If they continue making the old colors then it will delay the new colors. I am glad I ordered early because last month I ordered the colors I really use and this month I just ordered a few colors that I thought might be handy to have on hand but have never used before. Maybe they should have announce this change sooner so we had more time to stock-up on supplies and they could manufacture more. I think I am ready for the new catalog now and will be content with the supplies I have on hand.
I read and my demo told me that there would be backorders on the paper and ink but Su would be subing textured paper for the paper on backorder until the end of May. I,too have been ordering extra papers & inks to have on hand and will be ordering more next Saturday. Su has been overwhelmed with all the paper & ink orders but I feel this is their problem because they did not announce the change earlier & they have had a year to get the new in colors made. I am only buying 3 of the new colors in July because of all the card stock I have and besides some of the new colors are so close in color to my old card stock, when I run out then maybe I will purchase the new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #274  

Quote:

Yes, many colours are backordered.
SU! will be filling as many orders as possible - and will substitute textured for smooth if necessary to fill the orders.
It's an issue with cardstock only.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #275  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was extremely upset about this big change at first, too. I really don't like change AT ALL. Then my hubby simply said, "So what? Aren't they coming out with new colors? Use what you have and then get the new colors that you like, you don't always have to use the same colors." Duh. It's so annoying when he's right. ;) Now that I've thought about it I'll get the reinkers and card stock for Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa since I kind of use those as neutrals (and, I apologize to fans of Soft Suede, but I think that color looks like the pooh that was in my baby's diaper this morning! :grin: ).

Since the attitude adjustment provided by my DH I can't wait to see some of the new colors in person - that Daffodil looks like the yellow I've been waiting for all of my (crafting) life! And the Cherry - yummy! My remaining concerns are that they have at least one awesome purple and another green in the In Colors - I'm obsessed with purple and green. That Concord color does sound promising though! And I really like the way they'll be handling the In Colors now by having them for 2 years. AWESOME.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #276  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
So I was extremely upset about this big change at first, too. I really don't like change AT ALL. Then my hubby simply said, "So what? Aren't they coming out with new colors? Use what you have and then get the new colors that you like, you don't always have to use the same colors." Duh. It's so annoying when he's right. ;) Now that I've thought about it I'll get the reinkers and card stock for Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa since I kind of use those as neutrals (and, I apologize to fans of Soft Suede, but I think that color looks like the pooh that was in my baby's diaper this morning! :grin: ).

Since the attitude adjustment provided by my DH I can't wait to see some of the new colors in person - that Daffodil looks like the yellow I've been waiting for all of my (crafting) life! And the Cherry - yummy! My remaining concerns are that they have at least one awesome purple and another green in the In Colors - I'm obsessed with purple and green. That Concord color does sound promising though! And I really like the way they'll be handling the In Colors now by having them for 2 years. AWESOME.

OK, never mind the fact that I agree with your husband...you didn't actually TELL him he's right did you? :cool: Order must be maintained, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #277  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
OK, never mind the fact that I agree with your husband...you didn't actually TELL him he's right did you? :cool: Order must be maintained, lol!
Sigh. Unfortunately, yes, I did tell him he was right. I'm sure it will be on his Facebook page any second! Everyone will know... I hate Facebook. ;) But, on the bright side, with all this electronic evidence he can never use the "you never listen to me" argument! Win some, lose some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #278  
Stazon Splitcoast

All stocked up on the retiring and welcoming the new colors...cant wait to get all the new stuff too...never enough paper right?
the new colors look so yummy and fresh.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #279  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Yes, many colours are backordered.
SU! will be filling as many orders as possible - and will substitute textured for smooth if necessary to fill the orders.
It's an issue with cardstock only.
I still don't have all my reinkers so I am beginning to think that I may not receive them. I just bought all the stamp pads in the last year and don't want to have stamp pads with no reinkers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #280  

Quote:

I still don't have all my reinkers so I am beginning to think that I may not receive them. I just bought all the stamp pads in the last year and don't want to have stamp pads with no reinkers.
There are a LOT of reinkers on the backorder list - including all (or almost all) of the colour family sets. Don't give up yet!
Reply With Quote Likes