Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #201  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a whole weeks goes by

Quote:

Originally Posted by WshUpnAStaView Post
Any word?
There is still no word.

:confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatieView Post
So it's not a matter of interest. It's a matter of I need to stop acting like this can be put on the backburner for a minute and make it a code red priority. But I will also ask, again, that people just hang on for a small time longer because I want to get it right. I want this to be a cookbook that Big D is proud of. I want it to be something that I can say "Sweet Moses! That was worth it!" and I want SCSers to get it out and say "Double yee-haw! What can I make tonight?"

That is why you aren't holding it right now.
That quote was from September 20th with no posts on SCS since... perhaps a SCS team member could check in with Catie again?

The perfectionism is hurting more than it's helping. We would be happy with pages printed and bound at Kinko........... Presenting us with a perfect product is a fun idea to contemplate, but the wait is so long that we could be working on V3 by now.... and could have given away copies of V2 as Christmas gifts this year.

If personal problems are keeping you from putting this on the front burner, perhaps you could recruit an assistant or a SCS team member to finish up things with Morris Publishers? It sounds like it just needs a little final push to have a product to sell since the culling and editing are complete.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixieCurlView Post
That quote was from September 20th with no posts on SCS since... perhaps a SCS team member could check in with Catie again?

The perfectionism is hurting more than it's helping. We would be happy with pages printed and bound at Kinko........... Presenting us with a perfect product is a fun idea to contemplate, but the wait is so long that we could be working on V3 by now.... and could have given away copies of V2 as Christmas gifts this year.

If personal problems are keeping you from putting this on the front burner, perhaps you could recruit an assistant or a SCS team member to finish up things with Morris Publishers? It sounds like it just needs a little final push to have a product to sell since the culling and editing are complete.
I think at this point, most people have given up hope of ever seeing the cookbook, moved on and forgotten about it. :???:

It's been almost a year and a half since the first post in the thread and yet, no cookbook.

Last edited by sassyat30; 12-13-2007 at 06:18 AM..
Hardware Hotshot

It cant be that important none of us have starved. But it would have been neat to flip through it and see recipes from familar names.
Crimping Master

January bump...

Would really love to have the cookbook, the collected recipes posted on the forums... something............
Insane Embellisher

I too, have put in receipes for the cookbook, that I believe we will never see. What we should do, is either start a thread where we can post our recipes for everyone to see what "would" have been in the cookbook OR is there someone who is willing to start another cookbook? I know that part is very time consuming but if we know we're not going to get the cookbook, why not start a new one?
you made them feel!
Crimping Master

I have been offline for 6 months and was sure that I had missed out on the new cookbook by now but instead there is still no more real news than the last time I checked. I submitted recipes also and was really looking forward to this one, I love the first one. Catie thank you for all that you have done and I know it has been alot of work but can anything be done to get this finished or the recipes posted somewhere else so that it is no longer a burdon for you?

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Pearl-ExPert

I just wanted everyone to know it will be a couple of more months. Please hang in there! I just got an email from Catie. I feel guilty since I have not been as patient as I should be.

I wonder how many copies will be ordered. Would that be worth a new thread for interest sake so they can see how many to order?

I appreciate all of Catie's work on this!
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by WshUpnAStaView Post
I just wanted everyone to know it will be a couple of more months. Please hang in there! I just got an email from Catie. I feel guilty since I have not been as patient as I should be.

I wonder how many copies will be ordered. Would that be worth a new thread for interest sake so they can see how many to order?

I appreciate all of Catie's work on this!
Deb,

There is nothing for you to feel guilty about. There's no reason that this project could not be completed by now, one way or the other.

I'm very sorry if she's still having problems that's putting this on the back burner... but sometimes you just have to say, I meant well, but this just isn't working out, please finish this up for me....

The cookbook has been basically complete for a year and 5 months now... just needed some final rearranging according to Catie's posts....

There are several people willing to help if needed..... one person doesn't have to, and shouldn't, do it all.

Thanks for letting us know that you've heard from her. I asked a mod to contact her and they did.... never heard what came of that.

I don't think I would start another thread about interest in the cookbook until they truly need a number. That might put even more pressure on Catie... and create more frustration among those that have been eagerly awaiting the fabulous SCS cookbook.
Crimping Master

Quote:

I don't think I would start another thread about interest in the cookbook until they truly need a number. That might put even more pressure on Catie... and create more frustration among those that have been eagerly awaiting the fabulous SCS cookbook.
I agree, with the last sentence especially...thanks for the update Deb, I think I am going to give up hope though

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Crimping Master

I'm new enough on this site that I know nothing about a cookbook, but I love cookbooks and would like to purchase one when they are out. That's exciting!
Mad Swapper

Just subscribing
Insane Embellisher

Default Thread Subscription

Thread Subscription
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I want one
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Lao-tzu
Stazon Splitcoast

I am interested in purchasing one.

Thanks, Laura
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Deb,

There is nothing for you to feel guilty about. There's no reason that this project could not be completed by now, one way or the other.

I'm very sorry if she's still having problems that's putting this on the back burner... but sometimes you just have to say, I meant well, but this just isn't working out, please finish this up for me....

The cookbook has been basically complete for a year and 5 months now... just needed some final rearranging according to Catie's posts....

There are several people willing to help if needed..... one person doesn't have to, and shouldn't, do it all.

Thanks for letting us know that you've heard from her. I asked a mod to contact her and they did.... never heard what came of that.

I agree.

Deb, there is no reason why you should guilty...and Catie shouldn't have made you feel guilty for asking (if she did).

There is no reason why this couldn't have been finished already and in the distribution stage.

I hope no one is holding their breath over this. ;)
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
I agree.

Deb, there is no reason why you should guilty...and Catie shouldn't have made you feel guilty for asking (if she did).

There is no reason why this couldn't have been finished already and in the distribution stage.

I hope no one is holding their breath over this. ;)
Sara,
Catie didn't make me feel guilty. But it seems like forever since I had submitted my recipes for it. I'm getting in line and waiting patiently for a cookbook. I know it will be definitely worth the wait. Can you just imagine all the creative ladies on this list, donating their "tried an true" favorite recipes. I will be in heaven to browse through the cookbook for new recipes, since everyone needs some variety in their life.
Inking Addict

any updates at all?
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah, right !?!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljscrapView Post
any updates at all?
I think at this point, it's a lost cause.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
I think at this point, it's a lost cause.
Pessimism. That's sad. I'll pray for you.

For everyone else-
WOW! It's been 6 months since an update? How remiss of me.

V2 is going to the publisher on May 25 whether I'm ready or not. There are a couple of other things to iron out before then-like the 5 'bonus' pages and that custom cover. But don't fall in love with the custom cover thing because that might be sacrificed in order to make the May 25 deadline.

I would still like to see the price go at $25. I think that's fair as there are costs to be made up with the printer. One point of difference that Daven and I talked about last year is that I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY! If you send money to Catie, you will get it returned to you and your cookbook order will be delayed. Send money to SCS-that was the point in the first place. Oh-but don't send it NOW-because, as I said, this is the price *I* would like to see, not the one that has been settled on.

I didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty, though, if I'm honest, I challenge anyone to fit a project like this into their life with 2 jobs (really 3 if you count SU!), a kid, a sick parent, and 20 e-mails a day asking "When is...?". In fact, I kind of dare you. I care about this cookbook, I care about POSITIVE input from SCSers, and I care about what other people think about it. If that takes me "a year and 5 months now", then that's what I'm going to take and I won't feel bad about it. And if you don't like it, well.....Oooo! I should go get coffee! LOL

*ahem* Sorry. Anyway, POSITIVE input is always welcome, I have actually taken some advice from others here with experience. But if you have nothing positive to say, you are hindering the process, not helping (if that is your intention).

So, what have we learned today? Into publisher date? May 25. Custom cover? May not happen. Price? Still flexible, but I hope it's $25.00.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Catie, as long as it's available before I turn 90, I don't care.

BTW, that gives you about 32 years.

Rainsong
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

For everyone else-
WOW! It's been 6 months since an update? How remiss of me.

V2 is going to the publisher on May 25 whether I'm ready or not. There are a couple of other things to iron out before then-like the 5 'bonus' pages and that custom cover. But don't fall in love with the custom cover thing because that might be sacrificed in order to make the May 25 deadline.

I would still like to see the price go at $25. I think that's fair as there are costs to be made up with the printer. One point of difference that Daven and I talked about last year is that I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY! If you send money to Catie, you will get it returned to you and your cookbook order will be delayed. Send money to SCS-that was the point in the first place. Oh-but don't send it NOW-because, as I said, this is the price *I* would like to see, not the one that has been settled on.

I didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty, though, if I'm honest, I challenge anyone to fit a project like this into their life with 2 jobs (really 3 if you count SU!), a kid, a sick parent, and 20 e-mails a day asking "When is...?". In fact, I kind of dare you. I care about this cookbook, I care about POSITIVE input from SCSers, and I care about what other people think about it. If that takes me "a year and 5 months now", then that's what I'm going to take and I won't feel bad about it. And if you don't like it, well.....Oooo! I should go get coffee! LOL

*ahem* Sorry. Anyway, POSITIVE input is always welcome, I have actually taken some advice from others here with experience. But if you have nothing positive to say, you are hindering the process, not helping (if that is your intention).

So, what have we learned today? Into publisher date? May 25. Custom cover? May not happen. Price? Still flexible, but I hope it's $25.00.
I am still interested, just let me know when I need to send money to SCS, I wonder if they would do "paypal" I think that would be a great idea.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I'm still anxious to get a cookbook. That said I don't think it's fair to get on people for being pessimistic about it. I know it's a huge undertaking but it's been about 2 yrs (??) now with few updates. Like I said I understand it's a big job but to be telling people they're lame for being negative is a bit much.

I agree!:confused:
Polyshrink Goddess

I want one!!!
~Author Unknown
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainsongView Post
Catie, as long as it's available before I turn 90, I don't care.

BTW, that gives you about 32 years.

Rainsong

Catie ~ What she said, but you can add an additional 14 years! LOL!!

And I just want to add that you are still doing this with everything else going on in your day-to-day life. I just want to say THANK YOU for all your hard work. I know I will enjoy it as much as I do the first one.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I'm still anxious to get a cookbook. That said I don't think it's fair to get on people for being pessimistic about it. I know it's a huge undertaking but it's been about 2 yrs (??) now with few updates. Like I said I understand it's a big job but to be telling people they're lame for being negative is a bit much.
Again-I don't feel bad. I love this edition and I love what I've done to get here. There is anxiously waiting, helpful and hopeful, then there is just negative juju. And I don't think I said lame...

It's been 2 years and 3 months, for the record. I hope the finished product speaks for itself. I certainly think it's worth it. If others do not, then settle for the fact that all the money goes right back into this website.

I'll leave it with this quote, from myself, as I head off to work.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catie
Anyway, POSITIVE input is always welcome, I have actually taken some advice from others here with experience. But if you have nothing positive to say, you are hindering the process, not helping (if that is your intention).
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Die Cut Diva

I don't see any reason to be negative about the whole thing. It's not like we've paid for something we have never gotten. Sure, we invested the time necessary to enter the recipes, but that's it. I'm in the middle of a year-long project making a church cookbook and I feel for you, Catie!!

I'll wait patiently and send my money eagerly when the time comes. Thanks for doing this Catie with everything else you have going on. :-D

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I just loved the 1st volume and anxiously awaiting the 2nd volume even if I didn't send in any recipes for it!!
SCS member #735
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Nice.
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi! What a wonderful idea!!! Can I help? I'd love to put in recipes if it's not too late as well.

Could you use another set of hands?
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the first volume and will wait to get the next.

It is kind of like the drive-thru, sometimes it is hard to wait but when you get those freshly made french fries the wait is worth it.

And I bet this cookbook will be even better than that!
SCS #11408
Stampin' Fool

I would be interested in the cookbook as well. I will be keeping an eye out for updates......
Thanks in advance...
Vicky~~
Rubber Obsessor

subscribing!! want one, too. Thanks for putting it together.
Stazon Splitcoast

If anyone has ever used Morris Press Cookbook Publishing, could you please PM me for my cell number? Preferably tonight as I have a question and noone will be available in Kearney until 8 AM....

Thanks!

ETA: Actually, a better idea is to PM me with your number, that way you don't have to make a long distance call....
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Last edited by Catie; 03-26-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

If anyone logs in to MPC to edit their recipe, don't flip out like I did because you can't log in. I talked to Cory and he said that they are having software issues, but our cookbook is still there. It will be up by Monday.

Again, don't freak out all night like I did.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Pearl-ExPert

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'mommaView Post
Ok I just knocked one of these cookbooks out for our schools PTC and I am wondering how you are coming up with this price? Ours is only selling for 9.00. What kind of options are going to be in this cookbook? I wasn't here when you all sold vol. 1. I am just wondering. Also a word to the wise we had an overrun of 100 so you might want to take that into consideration when ordering. I wish we had. Now we have 1100 of these cookbooks to move. YIKES! Can't wait to see SCS one. I love cookbooks.
I ordered one of stampin'momma's PTC cookbooks and got it in the mail yesterday. It is just the kind I like! I can't wait to try the almond roca! If you think you might be interested, I'll bet she has some more of these left to sell. ;-)
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylviadView Post
I ordered one of stampin'momma's PTC cookbooks and got it in the mail yesterday. It is just the kind I like! I can't wait to try the almond roca! If you think you might be interested, I'll bet she has some more of these left to sell. ;-)
Thanks for the purchase!!! We do still have lots left if any one is interested feel free to PM me. All the proceeds are going to the kids much needed playground improvement fund.

Thanks again.

Marsha
Inking Addict

thanks for the update Catie! I'm very excited!
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for update - I've been hangin in there -- just hope I don't miss my chance to order -- I'm not on the computer evrey day.