Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memory Making Crafts

Has anyone bought from Memory Making Crafts? They have the one of the best prices on Nestabilities sets. I've bought from them before and received my first order with no problem.

I ordered two Nestabilities sets in back in July (primarily because she was offering a great price on the 4 pack sets if you are part of the Yahoo group). I still haven't received my package and it's mid-September already.

I have sent the owner several emails and no response except broken promises that my package would go out. Tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I am really quite upset that I still haven't gotten my package! I've asked for a refund and haven't gotten that either. I paid over $70 and still no product.

I am normally not the kind of person to post these kind of messages, but come on?

Thanks for listening!!!

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-14-2010 at 07:23 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polyshrink Goddess

If you purchased with paypal file a claim now before you run out of time, if you used a credit card contact your card company
Compulsive Stamper

Default Yes, MMC has bad customer service

I placed an order with lots of items last summer because of their Scor-tape prices. Unfortunately for me, they were out of stock of one of the items I ordered and they held my order for weeks after I submitted PayPal payment. I, too, sent emails and left messages and received an occasional response/promise to ship. When my emails started threatening a request for refund, part of my order shipped (a good 4 weeks after paying). Then I watched the website for when my last item was showing as "in stock" and had to hassle them again to ship it to me.
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this. If you paid with Paypal, file a dispute with them, documenting that you've (tried to) communicate with them several times. PP is pretty responsive to situations like that.
ckm
Rubber Obsessor

Oh my, I placed an order with someone else on 09/03 and haven't received it and am getting a little miffed. That company certainly deserves the bad recommendation.
Watercolor Wizard

I too seem to be having problems with them...
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and sorry to hear about your experience. I placed an order with the same company but didn't have much of a problem. I placed my order on Sept 6th and received it on the 25th-- but the hold-up was due to me adding on another set of dies and because I wrote that i didn't need it right away. I sent an e-mail asking about the die set I added-on and that response came almost immediately. I do admit that response times on my subsequent e-mails were a bit slow and that it took a couple of days in between payment on the add-on to when the order shipped, but nothing so bad that i wouldn't consider reordering again from this company. I'm really surprised that you had such a bad experience. The lady I dealt with was very nice (albeit by e-mail). Have you tried calling the company directly? I hope all resolves soon.
Mad Swapper

Quick update: I finally received my order last Wednesday when I finally told her that I would post messages on other public forums. I ordered a 4 pack set and a single set of Nesties and she told me that since I waited so long, that she would give me credit for the single set. But I haven't seen any credit back to my paypal account. I also paid close to $10 in shipping and she only paid $2.45 to send it in a padded envelope.

At this point, I don't think it is worth it to send emails about the credit. I learned my lesson...I have since unsubscribed from the MMC Yahoo group and will never buy from her again. The owner is very nice (have even talked to her on the phone when I ordered the first time), but she has an obligation to her paying customers. Response time and fast shipping are two big things in my book and she failed miserably in those areas. It took about 4-6 weeks to get my order. She has the best deals on nesties around, but will never purchase from her again. I've had the best service from Cut at Home.

Last edited by a1r601; 09-28-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1r601View Post
Quick update: I finally received my order last Wednesday when I finally told her that I would post messages on other public forums. I ordered a 4 pack set and a single set of Nesties and she told me that since I waited so long, that she would give me credit for the single set. But I haven't seen any credit back to my paypal account. I also paid close to $10 in shipping and she only paid $2.45 to send it in a padded envelope.

At this point, I don't think it is worth it to send emails about the credit. I learned my lesson...I have since unsubscribed from the MMC Yahoo group and will never buy from her again. The owner is very nice (have even talked to her on the phone when I ordered the first time), but she has an obligation to her paying customers. Response time and fast shipping are two big things in my book and she failed miserably in those areas. It took about 4-6 weeks to get my order. She has the best deals on nesties around, but will never purchase from her again. I've had the best service from Cut at Home.
Yikes, that is poor customer service. Sorry for your ordeal. I am beginning to think that maybe the store owner has bitten off more than she can chew given these experiences (if this is a one-woman operation, which it appears to be). By keeping the overhead to a minimum she is able to provide the lowest prices on nesties but at a cost of not being able to respond to e-mails quickly, fill orders promptly or meet customer expectations. When customers have the option of paying a couple of extra dollars to get their orders filled quickly and without hassle... they'll likely pay the extra dollars. Maybe this feedback will spur some improvements at MMC. I hope so because I'd really like both the savings and a fun, hassle-free, shopping experience.
Inking Addict

I placed a pre-order for the Tim Holtz Retro Halloween stamp set on August 19 and I still haven't seen it. They were supposed to ship in mid-September.

I just emailed the owner to see if there is any chance I'll have this before Halloween...

:(
Mad Swapper

Another quick update:

The owner sent me a message last Friday making amends after reading my post here on SCS. She did come through and sent me the credit for one of the sets and postage through paypal a week after I received my package.

She was very apologetic and asked what she could do to make it up to me. I am not one to take advantage so all I said was to make sure to take care of the other customers who have complaints about not getting their items and not getting any response. AND I told her to remember this:

IF A PERSON HAS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE, THEY WILL TELL 4 PEOPLE.

IF A PERSON HAS A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE, THEY WILL TELL 11 PEOPLE.

So for those of you who are still waiting on items or an email response, hopefully she will come through for you.

Thanks to all of you who have responded to this and cross my fingers that you will get your packages soon.
Watercolor Wizard

I know I am still waiting on part of my order... :(
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alma I am thinking you told a few more than 11 people LOL! At this time there are over 1,000 views on this post.
thannks for the heads up. I had a bad experience with a different vendor. It leaves a bad taste.
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1r601View Post
Another quick update:

The owner sent me a message last Friday making amends after reading my post here on SCS. She did come through and sent me the credit for one of the sets and postage through paypal a week after I received my package.

She was very apologetic and asked what she could do to make it up to me. I am not one to take advantage so all I said was to make sure to take care of the other customers who have complaints about not getting their items and not getting any response. AND I told her to remember this:

IF A PERSON HAS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE, THEY WILL TELL 4 PEOPLE.

IF A PERSON HAS A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE, THEY WILL TELL 11 PEOPLE.

So for those of you who are still waiting on items or an email response, hopefully she will come through for you.

Thanks to all of you who have responded to this and cross my fingers that you will get your packages soon.
i had a not so great experience from her aw well. she is great to talk to but awful service.

i purchased from her at the end of august. i wanted to order glue tape and some dies and she had great prices. she also had free shipping for over a $100. i live in canada and that is rare so i double and triple checked her site to make sure there were no fine print and i assumed i was ok placing the order.
when i placed the order it gave me options to ship and free was one of them. I got nothing for over a month, my order still showed as pending...i finally contacted her and she said she would send me the tracking number on a monday....

i waited another few weeks...to give her the benefit on the doubt. ii checked her site to see if my order was beyond processing and nothing. The day i was going to email her i get an paypal request for $25.00.

WHAT. i contacted her right away and she told me the free shipping was for US only. i told her she had nothing on her site anywhere saying that. I went to her site after the email and right away noticed how she put the disclaimer on the front of her website. I was annoyed...

she did answer me right away, but she was prepared to split the cost of the shipping...i was so upset at this point because
1. she never mentioned there were concerns with shipping when i initially contacted her about where my order was and that was almost a month after i paid for it

2. she did not have the courtesy to contact me about the shipping but just sent me a PayPal invoice with no explanation

3. she would not honour the free shipping

4. i had less than 4 days to make a dispute in paypal. cutting a bit close.

she was very good at giving me back my money back but still i was upset. i will never purchase from her again.
Cardstock Collector

Hi Ladies!
This is Cindy from MMC ~ I am sorry to hear of your concerns and comments. I do my best to keep everyone informed on a timely basis... and I am human I have made mistakes.

Anyone that has a preorder as part of their order that has paid.. will not receive multiple shipments unless you email me and tell me that you'd like to be invoiced for multiple shipments. You're charged shipping for your order as if it's one package. On the Bill Me Prior to Shipment orders, we are invoicing you when we have several products to ship so that you do have that option to get your order as it arrives. As with any other retailer we are at the mercy of the manufacturers.
Alma ~ I messed up with your order and I realized that. There was a miscommunication between me and the woman that shipped your order. As a result I refunded shipping and one of your spellbinder dies. I did process it that day, however to your incorrect paypal account and was informed that your email address wouldn't accept the funds. I resubmitted payment to your other email address for the refund I promised.

Danielle C.~ I have sent you a package with some of your order so that you could get started playing with things.. however some of your tim holtz items are not even released yet, I am waiting for Sizzix to send me shipping notification. I am sorry for your concerns, but I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the fact that I have gone ahead and took the initiative to split your order, when I am sure that many retailers would have made you wait until when his holiday collections were released.

Kim ~ What you noticed on the homepage regarding shipping is correct, after we had spoken and I saw that you were unaware of shipping policy I copied it to the homepage to make it more clear for future orders. However, on our webpage under Shipping Information it has always been there since the day I initiated free shipping for our US customers. I did feel that my offer to you was a fair resolution due to a miscommunication, by my willingness to split it with you.

Carmen ~ The day the Halloween stamp set arrived, we packed it up and shipped it for you the next morning. I can only go as fast as these products arrive to us. When you had emailed me for info, I believe I answered you right away.

If anyone has order questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] I am here and I will get back to you. Thank you!!
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We have been watching the thread, and we appreciate everyone's effort to tactfully share your own personal experiences. With the store owner's response this morning, it appears that your concerns have been addressed and handled.

It sounds like we can all get back to stamping.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team