Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sad that Faith had to leave. She was always so kind and I loved her stories. How could someone do that to her? She will be greatly missed. Huggs to you Faith.
One of Kota's Kids

Mary T.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Faith left more encouraging comments on more cards than anyone else I know!!

Between this news and poor Katie, I can't stop crying.............

Faith, I'm soooo sorry.
Stazon Splitcoast

This is just a sad sad situation. There are some sickos out there and anyone who wants to pick on a woman while hiding behind there computer is a sad excuse for a human being.
I have been ordering stamps from MFP and have had great experiences. Great c/s and great product. So Faith if you are reading this know there are many of us saddened by this terrible situation. Know we are praying for you and wish you the best.
Pearl-ExPert

Sending my love and prayers to a wonderful and very kind lady and her family.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

So sad to hear this about Faith.I didn't know her irl, but I loved looking at her cards and she always posted something nice about my cards. She will be missed here and I will also send her a card letting her know that.
Cardstock Collector

Default Blogging and cyber bullying...

I have followed Faith's blog for a long time. I don't know about her cyber bullying, but apparently it was going on. I wonder if it was due to the way she posted about her family and their troubles. She gave a lot of personal information, and some of it I would be angry about if I was one of the folks she was talking about. I know she was just venting in a lot of cases, but that information is out there for everyone to see and she was very specific about a lot of things. Honestly, I get very nervous when I see folks posting a lot of personal information on the internet. Especially when people post pictures of their school-age children, standing in front of a school sign or something and talk about them being on a swim team or something. Now, a pedophile or someone knows the kids name, knows the school, the activities, etc. We'd all like to think that only good people with good intentions are out there, but we all know that is not the case.

I hope she is okay, and hope that she somehow comes back to the stamping community without the harassment. I also hope that it was not someone from SCS.

Jnet
Stazon Splitcoast

This is very sad news. I have enjoyed seeing Faith's comments over the years I've been on SCS and enjoyed her design teams cards and the new images that were coming out. I hope Faith can return to SCS very soon.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KopyKatView Post
This is very sad news. I have enjoyed seeing Faith's comments over the years I've been on SCS and enjoyed her design teams cards and the new images that were coming out. I hope Faith can return to SCS very soon.
i agree! hope all is well quickly
Pearl-ExPert

Such a shame. Faith is amazing with her embellishments and lovely creations.
Matboard Maniac

This infuriates me! I don't know Faith, but I've seen her work in the galleries. I'm sure I've favorited a lot of her cards, too. Her work is just divine.

I've found such comfort among the wonderful women in the stamping/crafting community. Crafting has been a refuge from the insanity in real life. I can't imagine having that stolen from me.

We all need to take a stand against cyber bullying. I wonder if there is a badge or something we can put on our blogs. We can't let this bully win.

My Blog: A. Spoon Full of Sugar
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 408 Likes on 354 Posts

This is really a very disheartening situation: some mean-spirited, hateful, anonymous person and their computer can wield so much damaging power over another person.

With the business Faith had, she needed to be "out there" and a blog was a logical element of her business. I'm always amazed by the personal info many bloggers put on their sites...with photos too, that give a LOT of information. As much as we hate to admit it, there are jealous, spiteful people who get pleasure in taking someone else down. Blogs which encourage comments are an "open door" for these people.

I hope Faith can find peace and happiness.......maybe even a new interest that will give her great pleasure. Her unique style of cards will be missed. When I didn't see her cards in the daily challenge galleries, I assumed she was busy with the transfer of her company and all the details and legalities that entails. Little did I suspect. : (

(((Hugs))) to you, Faith.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish there was something we could do to make her feel safe (at least not terrorized) again.
Gabfest Goddess

Faith has always been kind and generous. Her stamped work and coloring are so beautiful. It is such a shame she had to go this route - I will miss not only her talent but her wonderful personality here. I wish her all the best!!!

Sending you hugs!!!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwspoonView Post
This infuriates me! I don't know Faith, but I've seen her work in the galleries. I'm sure I've favorited a lot of her cards, too. Her work is just divine.

I've found such comfort among the wonderful women in the stamping/crafting community. Crafting has been a refuge from the insanity in real life. I can't imagine having that stolen from me.

We all need to take a stand against cyber bullying. I wonder if there is a badge or something we can put on our blogs. We can't let this bully win.
I totally agree and think this is a great idea.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Faith you will soooooooooooooooooooo be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I add my love and support to what everyone has been saying - Faith has been an inspiration to us all and we'll miss not only her huge talent but her fun, loving spirit on SCS and in blogland! I can't wait to get a card in the mail tomorrow just to let her know!!
Stazon Splitcoast

I was shocked today to see that I could not find Faith on SCS, then to read this disturbing and extremely sad news about what's been going on. Faith, if you ever do read this, I know I'm not alone in saying that you have always been a true inspiration on SCS and thank you for sharing your beautiful talent!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #58  
Kookie Creator

I've only just found this thread, and so angry and upset by it, what gives someone the right to terrorize someone like that, I just don't know. I don't know Faith, but have been a fan of her work since she was with TGF, my heart goes out to her knowing that someone has taken the joy she got from cardmaking and the stamping community in general.

I hope Faith can take some comfort in the fact that the majority of people in blogland are good honest people, and one day return to our crafting community, I will miss her work until then.

We have to stand up to Bullying, Whatever form it takes.
Hugs to Faith and her family
Suzi
xxx
Die Cut Diva

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
That just makes me cry and so angry for her. I loved her site. She was a lovely lady. I hate bullies. I understand what she is going through. I was cyber bullied this past Spring & Summer by Cricut haters. It got so bad I had to contact the police over it. I understand what she is going through and the anger that goes with it. I have been raped in the past so I have a fighting spirit about everything that I really shouldn't have. I hate bullies.

I hope in time she can find joy in her loves again. I hope she knows that there are people out there who have her back and will support her.
Dee Ann, could you share a little bit about cyber bullying for those of us who are blessed with ignorance? What on earth did Cricut haters do and why do they hate Cricut so much? I guess the last question doesn't matter - it just seems such an odd issue to get upset about! I too will really miss Faith and her artwork and her signature cards! I'm very distressed about this and would like to learn more so maybe I can be of help somewhere, sometime!
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am glad your blesed with ignorance and it seems to be an odd issue ti get upset over. I don't want to rehash it all over again since it was my life and I had to go through it. The simple short story of it was that I gave advice to help people pick out other cutters when all the lawsuits broke out and PC owners were looking for alternatives. I am lucky enough to have owned several of the cutters and use the other brands that I did not own. I gave advice on cutters. I still recommended the Cricut to a few users. A group of women took offense to this for some reason that I don't understand and never will and harassed me over it including several hundred hate mails per day. It got to the point I had to change my e-mail address.

The final straw was one woman contacted a friend of mine on the Cricut MB. She used the excuse she wanted to send my son a congratulations card for an event that just happened in his life. My friend gave out my address and this woman sent me one of the most hateful and freaky letters that I will never forget. She followed up these letters with four more that included broken Cricut cartridges inside them.

I am not angry at my friend. She feels so horrible how about everything. I was the one that stupidly mentioned my son to let this woman have an in.

I am still upset over this and have learned a big lesson. What am I still doing recommending cutters like a moron. I just want to put it behind me and enjoy my crafting again. I did seriously consider giving it all up. That's taking away who I am. I refuse to lie down to bullies. Been there done that and won't ever do it again.

All of this came at the time that I found out the man who raped me is now in prison for raping two little boys and under investigation for murdering another woman. Yes, he did get a prison term for raping me. He got out due to good behavior.

Trust me I am not the only Cricut user that has been targeted. I heard other stories too.

Die Cut Diva

I wanted to say I am sorry if my post came out as a flame or seemed harsh. I just reread it spelling errors and all. This is just a touchy subject for me still because it's so fresh.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

DeeAnn, I'm so, so sorry to hear everything that you had to go through, particularly the horrific experience in your last paragraph. I admire you for being so strong and for not letting all of this beat you. And as for the hate mail over a crafting tool - it just seems incredible that people would go to so much trouble to make another person feel terrible, and be so devious about it. Thank you for sharing your story, it's a warning to us all to be very careful with the information we share on-line. I, for one, make the mistake, of assuming everyone involved in papercrafting is as encouraging as the great friends I've made here on SCS! Thanks, DeeAnn.
Glitter Guru

my thoughts and prayers go out to Faith, sending inky {{{{hugs}}}}

Die Cut Diva

Bridget, I'm with you in my naivete! While I'm great on social injustice, this personal stuff NEVER ceases to amaze me! And appall me. Last night as DH and I were having dinner he was telling me about a student (DH teaches 5th grade) whose mother seems to be molding a sociopath -- the child is never responsible for anything -- someone tripped over his foot (he didn't trip the kid). Anyway, his mother fosters this. I don't know what will become of this little boy and I don't know why anyone would assault and harass someone over paper crafting! Dee Ann, I am so grateful you did not give up paper crafts because you have enriched my life in this short exchange. God Bless you! (and if that's not your thing, May the Goddess always shine in your cloudy days!) Mary
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbydujourView Post
I'm always amazed by the personal info many bloggers put on their sites...with photos too, that give a LOT of information.
I hear what you're saying. There are many times when I've seen something on a blog and thought the same. Even when I read this thread and saw a link to her address, I wondered if it should be deleted in case those nasty people could see it. People just want to share their life with others and don't for a minute suspect that there could be such awful, hateful people out there

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbydujourView Post
As much as we hate to admit it, there are jealous, spiteful people who get pleasure in taking someone else down. Blogs which encourage comments are an "open door" for these people
I learned this when I first started using the internet, members of one of the very first sites I joined - who had previously been very friendly with each other - had the most almighty row and as they had managed to acquire the other's address from other unsuspecting members it spilled over into rl as well. The comments they left for each other were completely vile and the site became an unpleasant place to be so I just didn't visit anymore. This was before the time of blogs but it left me not willing to share personal info on the internet.
Pearl-ExPert

I feel terrible for anyone who has been the victim of bullying. I guess I am just amazed that people feel the need to let a difference in opinion over crafting become such an issue. Isn't this supposed to be a hobby? Aren't we supposed to be having fun? I know the way I do things isn't for everyone and I don't always love what other people are doing but my thought is if you are having a good time that is the important thing. I am glad to see my opinion is the majority here. Good luck, Faith. I hope you feel you are able to come back someday. It seems you would be welcomed with open arms here.
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1021View Post
I guess I am just amazed that people feel the need to let a difference in opinion over crafting become such an issue. Isn't this supposed to be a hobby? Aren't we supposed to be having fun?
There are people here who have a vested interest in some Crafting products that aren't performing well. They care more about their income than they care about helping Crafters who are asking for advice about the products. Sad but true.
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for the sweet comments. I am truly sorry if I seemed harsh in my post. In the past few years I have been hit with some hard challenges. Trying to deal with them as they fell right on top of one another I never had a change to set down and digest all that was going on in my life or mourn. Now, I have a time in my life I can do this and it's hitting me pretty hard so I seem snappy. I am not a snappy person at all.

Faith- I don't know if your reading this or if it will ever get back to you. I just want you to know that your not alone. Don't give up your stamping. Give up your blog, your store and your public life. In time if you want those things again you can have them. Don't let those that hurt you take away your soul. Trust me, it lets them win in the biggest way. I have been bullied since I was a child starting with a relative that was supposed to be responsible for me to just the latest episode of a Cricut hater and everything in between. Every day I set down to do something creative whether it's write, stamp or my music. I feel at peace, reflect on things and heal just a tiny bit. I noticed when I am creative I feel strong. I know all that seems a bit silly to most. Please don't give up your art. Even if you just stare at the paper and bawl it's a start. I wish the best for you in the endeavors that are around the corner for you. I hope those endeavor's are creative because you are very talented.

Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I wanted to say I am sorry if my post came out as a flame or seemed harsh. I just reread it spelling errors and all. This is just a touchy subject for me still because it's so fresh.
Hugs to you.
arc
Matboard Maniac

Faith, I am a better stamper because of you. Thank you for everything. Along with everyone else, I miss you terribly. Healing thoughts sent your way....
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! This is so sad and disturbing...I too like many of you don't know what's cyber-bullying but looking at what happened in this case it looks something real bad and I hope and pray that anybody involved in such heinous thing is rightly punished.

My wishes go out to Faith - so sorry that a talented person has to leave her art and profession because of some good-for-nothing people.
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been traveling and busy catching up - just now saw this heading.
This is terrible news. It is so hard to picture Faith in a world of no stamping - I certainly hope time will bring healing and she will return to what had been such a big part of her life.
Faith, you and your family are in my prayers.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is just horribly senseless! Really makes me hurt for her. I actually was lucky enough to meet Faith at a Craft fair in Orlando a few years back. This was right before she started her company. I knew of her from SCS but had not actually got to to meet her until my DD and I sat down to do a craft with Beate at the SCS table. Well, Faith was very friendly and asked who I was and then told me who she was. She was so incredibly nice and we had the best conversation while we sat and made a couple cards and tags. She was such a delight! I can't imagine anyone hurting her and I just don't understand what people get out of cyber bullying others. It just doesn't make sense to me. I certainly hope they find who it is and punish to the fullest.

I am a life artist and love it!
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

DeeAnn, sometimes just staring at the paper and bawling definitely helps. Thank you for sharing a bit of your story. I wish you peace and joy in the continued pursuit of your art.

And my prayers and best wishes go out to Faith. I don't know her personally, but talked to her this summer about an order I had placed. We ended up talking for an hour, and she lifted my spirits tremendously. I'm hoping this outpouring of love can do the same for her.
Polyshrink Goddess

Just an FYI... if you send a card to MFP and mark it Attn: Faith or To Faith, they will get it to her.

Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Company
3536 University Blvd N.
Suite 237
Jacksonville, FL 32277

I already sent mine out last week.

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Glitter Guru

Wow! Faith is such a talent. No one should have to go through this.
I just tried to place an order with them and could not believe what they wanted to charge for shipping. 29.00 to send two sets to stamps to me. Needless to say they will not be getting my business unless I could buy them somewhere else. I have placed many orders from the states and never had to pay that much for two sets of stamps. Especially when they are only polymer stamps.
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Glitter Guru

Location: My happy place - stampin' on the beautiful west coast of Canada

So sad to hear this has happened to Faith! Absolutely no one deserves this. Faith is a true talent and always left such sweet comments. She was so generous and kind. She will be missed.
Die Cut Diva

OK ladies, DS came home and I was telling him this story and he said he thought cyber-bullying is dumb because you can just hit delete -- I said there HAD to be more to it than that -- sorry to be a dolt, but can anyone help me here?
Polyshrink Goddess

Karen... this is somewhat a long story. We are celebrating Christmas at Thanksgiving with my parents tomorrow since they live out of state. I gave my mom a list of "possible" items from MFP's. Her not being or knowing the stamping world, ordered some weird stuff, but they required a check. Two weeks later, not hearing anything, she and I both called and finally got ahold of someone. In the transition, the order was lost, so they filled it. Mom had to return an item, (a big shot, which I already have one). Here it is, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and they are saying they didn't get it. Hadn't returned her calls in 1-2 weeks nor her emails. She paid $100 for it. She confirmed with her PO and they said it was returned.

I sent an email to them today asking that they please call her, and can you believe, This is my mom's words... They were nasty, told her they had a lawyer involved, wasn't going to do anything because they said they didn't get the big shot back, and they weren't going to do anything about it. They were more upset that the manager made 2 people come in to deal with our problem than anything.

I feel so sorry for Faith to see her business, that I know she worked so hard to develop, treat customers this way. Every time I call for the past month, no one answers the phone. The only time I did speak with someone was after I sent an email, and then they answered the phone straight away.

They will never get my business.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgladneyView Post
Wow! Faith is such a talent. No one should have to go through this.
I just tried to place an order with them and could not believe what they wanted to charge for shipping. 29.00 to send two sets to stamps to me. Needless to say they will not be getting my business unless I could buy them somewhere else. I have placed many orders from the states and never had to pay that much for two sets of stamps. Especially when they are only polymer stamps.

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Kookie Creator

Very sad for such a great person. Does anyone know what the web site address is now for actually buying stamps? I just love their stamps.