Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #281  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked and I had gotten a confirmation. Maybe it went into your junk file.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #282  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmm I guess I better check that on Monday then. Thanks! (had already checked the junk files)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #283  
Kookie Creator

I placed another order this evening and got a confirmation. Did you get a confirmation number?

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #284  
Matboard Maniac

Yes! It should be at the very top of the page of your confirmation. Hope this helps you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #285  
Kookie Creator

I received this email after placing an order this evening:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend emailed me last night saying people on the chat boards are wondering about Luminarte Inc,
Why have many have not heard an email reply from us since we announced the closing of our doors.

If we do not reply immediately they think there is something wrong.
Of course the public is wondering what is happening to their orders.
They are used to getting their product right away. We are so crushed with orders and emails, we cannot possibly answer everyone.

And no, we did not change the " autoreply" on the website, that stated a 10 day turn around for receipt of product,I wish we had now. Who knew the public reaction to our closing would be so overwhelming?

Also, our shopping cart could not be changed in order to reflect the 40% discount you receive, as we do not have a web person anymore, due to lack of money. We did put an announcement on our Home Page that states we are taking the discount off as we process your order in our office, but many have not read down that far in the statement, and most of the emails are concerning this issue. Rest assured, your discount is being applied. We do not use a system that automatically charges your account, we do it by hand in our office, just like we make our paints, by hand.

This is the official information, and you are welcome to forward this information to anyone you feel needs to hear this.

First of all I am most grateful for the thousands, YES you heard it thousands, of emails we are receiving form around the world,
It’s like the public is trying to force us to stay open.
A phenomena I was not prepared for or could have possibly anticipated

We need everyone to be patient, if you think you were the only one with idea to place one last order before the product was gone, you now have joined the ranks of a few thousand people what the same idea.

The public does not understand we made the announcement with small crew of employees, as we had minimized our staff in order to close our plant.
We expected a few 100 orders make a couple batch runs of colors and then close , not 1000's of orders from around the world .

Try squeezing what we might see in business over a 3 month period in 2 weeks !
We are so crushed we can barely answer the phone or emails !
I cannot hire a huge crew and train them to make the last batch of paints at this point.

We are working as hard as we can to actually pour and wrap product for everyone
We will not close our doors until everyone's order is processed and shipped. You have our word on that.

The only way to get your paints, is to prepay. We have to have the money in order to produce what you want, as we are ready to close our doors due to lack of money.

When we are finished filling your orders, there will NOT be another chance to get our products as we make them now, full of rich, pure pigments, blended in creative and imaginative ways.

If you need to change something in your order, your address or something vitally important, call our office, toll free, 1-866-229-1544. Even if you get the voice mail, as the volume of calls is too much for us to be able to take care of at times, we will receive your message, and make the changes accordingly.

Please if you can pass the word to tell everyone you know to be patient

Dreaming in color,
Leslie Blackburn Ohnstad
President/ Inventor
www.luminarteinc.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #286  
Glitter Queen

I have finally received a shipping approval letter so I am assuming my credit card will be debited soon. I know it's going to be awhile for them to finally hit Australian shores but I am willing to wait. Am probably paying a bit more than I wanted to but I don't care cos I know I won't get them again. My shipping to Australia for 3 x 6 packs is $27 US.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marinek9momView Post
I placed another order this evening and got a confirmation. Did you get a confirmation number?

Janet
no - that is what I was searching for - best to ring them Monday and check things.

Glad I caught it now and not after it was too late (fingers crossed that it won't be on Monday)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #288  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
I have posted a "HELP" on this board and on Tools and Techniques. Let's see if we can get some answers for help with Raident Rain and Primary Elements.
GREAT idea!!!
i am going now to subscribe to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #289  
Inking Addict

I'm just curious now . Does anyone have the Solutions 1 and 2 ? What are they like? Are there any similiar products out there that we could use as well? I know you use one or the other depending on what surface you are going to be covering. Can any one else shed some light on this?:-D
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #290  
Kookie Creator

I bought the large size of all three solutions. If anyone knows anything about them, I'd appreciate hearing, as well.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #291  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
no - that is what I was searching for - best to ring them Monday and check things.

Glad I caught it now and not after it was too late (fingers crossed that it won't be on Monday)
LOL on replying to myself! However I wanted to update everyone, with a bit of help from Luminarte I have now found my confirmation email. They are still processing about 4,000 orders and I am sure most are like mine not too tiny:mrgreen:

Now I have to look at what I ordered again and decide IF i "need" more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #292  
Stampin' Fool

This is probably a dumb question for someone who is trying to watch the wallet, but what else is "going away forever" at Luminarte that is GREAT, and others feel is a MUST HAVE, besides the Twinkling H2O's that I already ordered ALL of.

Thanks

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #293  
Die Cut Diva

im wondering if they have had enough business to keep them In business?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #294  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper KissyView Post
This is probably a dumb question for someone who is trying to watch the wallet, but what else is "going away forever" at Luminarte that is GREAT, and others feel is a MUST HAVE, besides the Twinkling H2O's that I already ordered ALL of.

Thanks

Erin
The way I understand it is that their product is a one off - however, I didn't get the misters because I have some Tattered Angels misting bottles and felt like it was too much of an overlap. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #295  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by steph772View Post
im wondering if they have had enough business to keep them In business?
They've had a rush but then again lots of individuals are stocking up so this level of business is not sustainable.

I haven't used this product before, however it is on my wish list for a long time and I have taken the plunge because it is now or never - if I don't get on with the product I am certain that in the future there will be people willing to take the product off my hands because of it no longer being produced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #296  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

They've had a rush but then again lots of individuals are stocking up so this level of business is not sustainable.

I haven't used this product before, however it is on my wish list for a long time and I have taken the plunge because it is now or never - if I don't get on with the product I am certain that in the future there will be people willing to take the product off my hands because of it no longer being produced.
true, very true.
You will surely love this product, if you are a detail oriented person on your cards or love to paint a little bit. They are very diverse. I have found so many different crafts to use these on. I dont know if you have kids, but the paints are non toxic. My girls love to use these on their school projects. They are super sparkly and you dont have to fuss a bunch to use them. I just use my waterbrush, drop a few drops in the jar, swirl it a bit and start painting. You wont be dissapointed!
And your right, im sure someone will put them to good use if you dont like them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

true, very true.
You will surely love this product, if you are a detail oriented person on your cards or love to paint a little bit. They are very diverse. I have found so many different crafts to use these on. I dont know if you have kids, but the paints are non toxic. My girls love to use these on their school projects. They are super sparkly and you dont have to fuss a bunch to use them. I just use my waterbrush, drop a few drops in the jar, swirl it a bit and start painting. You wont be dissapointed!
And your right, im sure someone will put them to good use if you dont like them.
Absolutely - that's why I felt for an initial investment I really couldn't lose on this! :mrgreen:

Can't wait for them to get here! I have already added them to my inventory spreadsheet in anticipation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #298  
Cardstock Collector

i have only used the primary elements before and i LOVE them! i do own some of the H2Os but haven't used them yet. as far as the solutions go i have used the glass one to put inside an ornament. then you swish it around coating it, put in some of the elements and tada! beautiful ornament all sparkly and shiny! i placed a huge order of the pigment pots and am thinking of going for a second order to make sure i have enough of the ones i love! the other solutions can be used to mix with the pigments to make paints for other surfaces! LOVE these, so sad to see them go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #299  
Kookie Creator

I've placed three orders so far. The first was for two 24-packs of Twinkling H20s. The second was for 14 Primary Solutions with Daubers, 16 Primary Elements, 2 sets of the Mica primary elements and one bottle of each of the solutions. My third order, placed yesterday, was for six 4-packs of the egg shaped glass ornaments and six 4-packs of the heart shaped glass ornaments.

I think I'm set for everything now! I'm glad that everyone who has used these products love them. I've only used the Twinkling H20s in the past (have 20 or so colors), so I'm excited to experiment with the other items once they arrive.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #300  
Die Cut Diva

Im seriously going to have to quit checking this thread, otherwise Im going to be placing another order............. as if the 48 pack wasnt enough
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #301  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh Blast I am off for another look!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #302  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

oh Blast I am off for another look!
SOOOO, did ya get anything? Im wondering if I should get some more goodies. I got more colors of h2os, solution 2 and a two of the large oyster pots. Maybe I should try radiant rain?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #303  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

SOOOO, did ya get anything? Im wondering if I should get some more goodies. I got more colors of h2os, solution 2 and a two of the large oyster pots. Maybe I should try radiant rain?
My order included Radiant Rain (not Primary Solutions) with the Daubers (14 of them). Do you think they would work as misters if we put them in spray bottles and maybe dilluted them a little bit? If you look on the front page of Luminarte there is a video of how to make tiles using the Radiant Rain. That's what sole me! If you look at the video with the ornaments, you'll want to buy some of them, too! Can't beat the price!

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #304  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

not yet!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #305  
Glitter Queen

My credit card was finally debited after three weeks of waiting so I guess it will be another 6 weeks or so before I see them.. YIPPPEEEE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #306  
Insane Embellisher

this the reply i got after it had been three weeks since i got a reuest to approve the shipping costs for canada, so any one who is international and canada this would apply to you:

Hello Kim,

I still have over 600 orders that I am trying to get processed and some of
these are the international orders that we requested the shipping approval
on. I am working on most of the international orders today and once you see
your credit card has been charges than the order will go out to our
production department so that we can fill it and ship it.

Thank You
Kimberly

3322 W. Sussex Way
Fresno, CA 93722
Phone 866-229-1544
Fax 559-229-2366
www.luminarteinc.com

so it is still going to take some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #307  
Die Cut Diva

ohhhh, so it must be getting closer to time!!!!! I cant hardly wait for my little package to arrive!

For those of you that ordered and are getting nervous, This is really going to be worth the wait!! I have used these babies for years! I get complements about my projects looking like they have an "art like" quality. Well, these are the secret to my success. I use these on top on all sorts of images that i color.
Your not going to be disapointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #308  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the update...I too love my H2Os and I am looking forward to increasing my collection to 120 colours
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #309  
Gabfest Goddess

here is the perfect tutorial with great photos...

http://www.luminarteinc.com/how-to-d...to-rubber

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #310  
Gabfest Goddess

was looking for directions on using twinkles on shrink art and found this information-. The key point I found is NOT to use h2o's and radiant rain together.

http://www.rubberroadadventures.com/...nklingh2Os.htm

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #311  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley_frogsView Post
was looking for directions on using twinkles on shrink art and found this information-. The key point I found is NOT to use h2o's and radiant rain together.

http://www.rubberroadadventures.com/...nklingh2Os.htm
is radiant pearls the same as radiant rain?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #312  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

is radiant pearls the same as radiant rain?
I don't think they're the same. I don't know what radiant pearls are. Radiant rain is the same as twinkling H20s. See this quote from the description of radiant rain on Luminarte's website:

Our shimmering Twinkling H2O's are now available in daubers. We�ve even added extra shimmer for those intriguing projects you are working on

Nowhere on the website can I see a mention of radiant pearls.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #313  
Die Cut Diva

Looks like Luminarte made radiant pearls and radiant rain, but they definitely arent the same. Now Im curious about the pearls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #314  
Matboard Maniac

I think the newest thing out now is shimmerz...has anyone tried it yet...if so, what did you think of it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #315  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The website provided by paisley frogs said not to use H2Os and Radiant PEARLS together. You CAN use (and I really recommend) H2O's and Radiant Rain together. It makes a fun effect to spritz your paper with the Rains, stamp an image and then paint it in with coordinating H2O's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #316  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendeliaView Post
I think the newest thing out now is shimmerz...has anyone tried it yet...if so, what did you think of it?

i have several shimmerz paints i got from a friend. i have only used them a little though. my initial impression was that they are not a BAD product just more of the same - same as painting with ranger's liquid pearls, dimensional pearls or perfect pearls and very similar to twinks but two major differences - less color choices than twinks and less versatility than anything else. i like a product that can be used in more than one way when i am *investing* - this is definitely the case with ranger and somewhat with the twinks altho i suspect even more so with primary elements......

this has been such a funny phenomenon - i ordered my VERY first set of twinks about 3 days before this thread appeared specifically to do up a comparison write up on my blog since so many people were wondering. next thing i know i am caught up in this whole craziness and still haven't done my write up! hahhaha!

hugs
M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #317  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the feedback on shimmerz...I thought they might provide close to the same results as H2Os so I don't think I will be buying any as I have many H2Os already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #318  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
Okay .... since I wasn't charged yet - I phone ... and ordered MORE!
This order showed up yesterday (3/21). It was for the larger sized irridescent set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #319  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh! If your order showed up that means that some of ours might be on the way soon...I feel like a kid at Easter--all those colorful shiny things in one basket--actually it will be a box, but still...:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #320  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm half surprised that my second order arrived before the first but - the first was a much larger variety of colors. I'm guessing that quite a few orders were for the irridescent so they may have made those first.

Oh - I didn't receive a "you have shipped" email - they just arrived. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes