Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #201  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My credit card has been charged for both of my orders and I haven't received a shipping email. Am I worried? Not at all. So many people use the product(s) and they're available in so many places. That in itself tells me the company is reputable. I'm just glad I had/have the opportunity to purchase more of a product that I really enjoy using.

My 2 cents.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #202  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a nice message on the website updating how things are going. I am glad to see that they addressed the delays and hope that it helps us all to have a bit of patience and understanding. As to being charged well before you get the product, that is not something that I care for either, however, I have purchased from another site before and it was preorder stuff. They said that that is the way the computer system works. I had absolutely no problems. (Other than being excited to get my new products.) I understand the not wanting to wait, but try and understand where they are coming from. They are overwhelmed and honestly, do you want them answering emails and phone calls all day or do you want them filling the orders and making more product which is to me a big plus. They could have just said forget it and had a bunch of us complaining that we couldn't get it because they sold out too fast. I think it is great that they are manufacturing more to meet demand even if it doesn't keep them open.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #203  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the worst part of it for me is the fact that i keep adding to my order thinking oh it hasn't shipped yet so let me just add this and add that.....lolol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:37 AM   #204  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's what they say on their site:

Thank you for your orders, and all of your kind words about our paints.
We have been crushed with emails and orders,
and cannot possible answer each one individually.

Your 40% discount will be taken off as we process your order in the office, IT WILL NOT SHOW UP IN YOUR SHOPPING CART, AS STATED BELOW.
If you have Twinkling H2O's on your orders, your delivery will be delayed up to 3 weeks. We are now NOT selling off old inventory,
we are making the paints for those who want them so badly.
Pre-paying is the ONLY way to get your product.

If you have important changes to make to your order/mailing address or other pertinent information, call the toll free number 1-866-229-1544. Even if our lines our busy, and you get voice mail, this would be the quickest way to get the information to our company as the emails have become too cumbersome to answer.

We will continue to manufacture for a little while longer so everyone has a chance to stock up. After that, you will no longer have the option of ordering them...
Thank you for all of your support, we will miss you all

The Staff At LuminArte Inc

Going out of business Sale - 40% off !!!

Thank you for all of your support over the years

You have meant the world to us !!

Order soon….Order a lot….

Best thoughts during these turbulent times,

The Staff at LuminArte Inc

I think that was really nice of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #205  
Matboard Maniac

How nice of them!! I don't want to bother them though by adding to my order....I'm taking my 2nd plunge. Hope I can get what I want.....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #206  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOSSEEView Post
Island chick and Klawster... how close are you to the cities of Alberta? Would you be coming here to go shopping sometime soon? I 'll have to ask our local SCS sisters to see if they have seen the twinklings around their towns and LSS. One or two of them would know where to look! I'll check back later!:-D
i wanted to thank you for the offer but i am no where near alberta and am not likely to be in alberta until this summer ( family all over the place in alberta) but thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #207  
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=cerridwen3301;13327149]i agree - i would not have cancelled either - i am waiting on two more orders also and while i would love to get them in a hurry as an online store owner i totally understand what they are going thru. and seriously - getting them for SO CHEAP i am totally willing to wait for them!!!

I fully understand all you are saying and I also received an email explaining how overwhelmed they are, not where my order is but they are overwhelmed. And again I understand the situation and am willing to wait for delivery. However I am not willing to pay the charges to my credit card that were ever so promptly run. Their original notification indicated they were selling out stock and once it was gone that was it. They suddenly found there was more of a demand, money to be harvested and changed their game plan, and just like every other economic stimulus - I am to pay for it. Plus, and perhaps I should have put this info first, I have had problems in the past receiving orders from Luminarte. So not receiving in order in over three weeks, not getting emails answered and not getting satisfaction has put salt in old wounds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #208  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=bethvb;13341581]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
i agree - i would not have cancelled either - i am waiting on two more orders also and while i would love to get them in a hurry as an online store owner i totally understand what they are going thru. and seriously - getting them for SO CHEAP i am totally willing to wait for them!!!

I fully understand all you are saying and I also received an email explaining how overwhelmed they are, not where my order is but they are overwhelmed. And again I understand the situation and am willing to wait for delivery. However I am not willing to pay the charges to my credit card that were ever so promptly run. Their original notification indicated they were selling out stock and once it was gone that was it. They suddenly found there was more of a demand, money to be harvested and changed their game plan, and just like every other economic stimulus - I am to pay for it. Plus, and perhaps I should have put this info first, I have had problems in the past receiving orders from Luminarte. So not receiving in order in over three weeks, not getting emails answered and not getting satisfaction has put salt in old wounds.
I posted something to this effect last night and it was deleted! One thing is that I don't think that they are a "mom and pop" shop.
I did place another order but haven't received my first order from 3 1/2 weeks ago......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #209  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i placed an order on the 17 of feb i got an email back on the 4th asking me to aprove the $ amount for shipping..i live in Canada and ordered 4 of the 12 colour sets
each was 21.00 less the 40% off the shipping was a bit high at 18.00 i thought
but i love the stuff so i said yes ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #210  
Matboard Maniac

I put in another order about 4 hours ago, I just received an email from Courtney at LuminArte stating that my order will go out in the next 10 days.

Has anyone else received an email like this? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 05:03 AM   #211  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawsterView Post
i read you post way to quickly before i posted my comment. I must say that is crasy to pay $18.40 for a 12 pot package. i ordered 8x6 pots sets and my shipping was also $18.40 as well. it would appear they are charging us a falt rate in priority for shipping. Drat and i did not even really consider it all that much as i had said before i have paid more on shipping on other items only because i can not get it here and i live in a small town in sask and the closet LSS is about an hour away and they do not carry this product.

again let us know for the rest of the cunucks what the response is about alternative shipping.

kim
I just got my shipping quote and it was 21.00 to Canada, but I ordered 3 of the mini pot 24 packs. so my order for 72 colours is 117.00 US, and with the current exchange rate that is about 150.00. It isn't as cheap as I would like, but for about 2.00 a colour, I don't think it's too bad either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #212  
Glitter Queen

I placed a second order yesterday about 7:30 pm EST and also received the same automated reply. My first order was on 2/24 but have not yet received it. I think they have really been "slammed" and totally understand the delay. I think they're going to do all they can to honor all orders by the sounds of the new post on their site. Can't wait. I was just introduced to these and love them. Still learning how to use them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #213  
Glitter Queen

Charter.com | Charter.net

[email protected]
Log Out | Help | Mail Settings

Advanced
Search

Folders [manage]

Inbox (393)

Draft(s) (11)

Sent Mail

My Folder(s) [hide]
Cute things

Denny

Diana

e Bay (2)

judi (1)

Judy W

Karen

Kathy G

Ken (22)

Scrap & Stamp

Sherryl

To Trudi

To VE (2)

Trudi (

VE (26)

WGT fall 2008 (12)

WGT Winter 2009

Trash [empty]

Just received the following email from Luminarte that explains all. Doesn't sound like they are changing their minds regarding going out of business but ARE filling all orders.
Please read in it's entirity.

Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009 7:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: LuminArte Inc
Size: 25 KB

LuminArte Inc Announcement

Dear Friends and Customers

A friend emailed me last night saying people on the chat boards are wondering about Luminarte Inc,
Why have many have not heard an email reply from us since we announced the closing of our doors.

If we do not reply immediately they think there is something wrong.
Of course the public is wondering what is happening to their orders.
They are used to getting their product right away. We are so crushed with orders and emails, we cannot possibly answer everyone.

And no, we did not change the " autoreply" on the website, that stated a 10 day turn around for receipt of product,I wish we had now. Who knew the public reaction to our closing would be so overwhelming?

Also, our shopping cart could not be changed in order to reflect the 40% discount you receive, as we do not have a web person anymore, due to lack of money. We did put an announcement on our Home Page that states we are taking the discount off as we process your order in our office, but many have not read down that far in the statement, and most of the emails are concerning this issue. Rest assured, your discount is being applied. We do not use a system that automatically charges your account, we do it by hand in our office, just like we make our paints, by hand.

This is the official information, and you are welcome to forward this information to anyone you feel needs to hear this.

First of all I am most grateful for the thousands, YES you heard it thousands, of emails we are receiving form around the world,
It’s like the public is trying to force us to stay open.
A phenomena I was not prepared for or could have possibly anticipated

We need everyone to be patient, if you think you were the only one with idea to place one last order before the product was gone, you now have joined the ranks of a few thousand people what the same idea.

The public does not understand we made the announcement with small crew of employees, as we had minimized our staff in order to close our plant.
We expected a few 100 orders make a couple batch runs of colors and then close , not 1000's of orders from around the world .

Try squeezing what we might see in business over a 3 month period in 2 weeks !
We are so crushed we can barely answer the phone or emails !
I cannot hire a huge crew and train them to make the last batch of paints at this point.

We are working as hard as we can to actually pour and wrap product for everyone
We will not close our doors until everyone's order is processed and shipped. You have our word on that.

The only way to get your paints, is to prepay. We have to have the money in order to produce what you want, as we are ready to close our doors due to lack of money.

When we are finished filling your orders, there will NOT be another chance to get our products as we make them now, full of rich, pure pigments, blended in creative and imaginative ways.

If you need to change something in your order, your address or something vitally important, call our office, toll free, 1-866-229-1544. Even if you get the voice mail, as the volume of calls is too much for us to be able to take care of at times, we will receive your message, and make the changes accordingly.

Please if you can pass the word to tell everyone you know to be patient

Dreaming in color,
Leslie Blackburn Ohnstad
President/ Inventor
www.luminarteinc.com

3322 W. Sussex Way

Fresno, CA 93722

Phone 866-229-1544

Fax 559-229-2366

www.luminarteinc.com

Dear LuminArte Customers,

Since, the announcement of the closing of our doors we have been flooded with thousands of emails, phone calls and orders. In an attempt to fulfill your requests LuminArte Inc is building a few last batches.

We are working on you orders as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience. If you have Twinkling H2O's on your orders, we are now not selling off old inventory, we are making the paints for those who want them so badly. Pre-paying is the only way to get your product. At the time your order is placed it sits in a queue waiting to be retrieved. We then:

� Input it manually

� Apply the 40% discount

� Calculate freight

� Charge your account

� Send the order to shipping waiting to be packed and shipped.

However, due to overwhelming response the auto-reply message stating that you will receive your order in 10 days cannot be honored. We are truly grateful for your business and all the well wishes we have received by phone and via email regarding our products.

Respectfully,

Leslie OH

President/ Creative Director

LuminArte Inc

�1997-2005 Openwave Systems Inc. All rights reserved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #214  
Glitter Queen

Sorry! I thought I had deleted all the garbage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #215  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for sharing the response. I placed an order on 2/18 and haven't been charged yet so I hope they got it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and wait patiently. Dang - San Jose...Just up the road a few hours. Wish I could go help them. That would be a fun & interesting experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #216  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOSSEEView Post
Island chick and Klawster... how close are you to the cities of Alberta? Would you be coming here to go shopping sometime soon? I 'll have to ask our local SCS sisters to see if they have seen the twinklings around their towns and LSS. One or two of them would know where to look! I'll check back later!:-D
Thank you for offering to help - I appreciate it. I don't live in Alberta. I think a couple shops in my town will be getting more H2O's in stock one of these days, and what I can't get here I can try to get online . I was just hoping to save some money by ordering them directly from LumiArte.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #217  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawsterView Post
again let us know for the rest of the cunucks what the response is about alternative shipping.

kim
I haven't received a response even though I stated in my message that I wasn't going to approve the shipping charge or cancel my order until I received a reply. After waiting a few days, I sent them a message saying I want my order canceled and attached a Read Request Receipt, so I would know if and when my message was read. It was read the next day and they didn't send a reply to confirm that my order is going to be canceled. That doesn't impress me. I realize they're extremely busy, but typing out five words "your order has been cancelled" only takes a few seconds, and customers are entitled to know whether or not they should expect to see charges on their credit card.

:-D Good luck to everyone else! I hope you receive your orders soon and have lots of fun playing with your new H2O's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #218  
Compulsive Stamper

Exclamation FYI

I just checked the website and they are currently out of their back stock and are manufacturing for the orders they are getting now. That also means that those of us who have already ordered are going to have to wait a little longer for ours to arrive. Thought you'd like to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #219  
Forum Fanatic

:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
yup, I can! Just makes me nervous with the way the econo is going down the tubes. I wasn't complaining just stating a fact.

I don't think this is a "mom and pop" shop with all the products they have and all the stores they ship to. All in all they have a great product but underestimated the volumn.
ccv;;gpg;ppto
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #220  
Forum Fanatic

auwusywyyuwywywayata
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #221  
Glitter Queen

I think I am going to have to cancel my order. Some of the shipping charges I have been reading are sky high and that's just to Canada. I am in Australia so can't even begin to think what they are going to charge me. I am a single mum and definitely cannot afford the shipping to be more than the order itself. I will have to find a company here in Australia and see if they still have H20's in stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #222  
Die Cut Diva

Im just so sad that they are going out of business. I dont care if I have to wait three months for my order, i just want to be able to stock up for a while. Not sure what I will do when I really run out? I have never found another product truly like the H2Os! I love painting on my crafts with these little babies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #223  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyaussieView Post
I think I am going to have to cancel my order. Some of the shipping charges I have been reading are sky high and that's just to Canada. I am in Australia so can't even begin to think what they are going to charge me. I am a single mum and definitely cannot afford the shipping to be more than the order itself. I will have to find a company here in Australia and see if they still have H20's in stock.
Maybe email them not to process your order until you have confirmed shipping with them. I doubt they will want to send anything uninsured especially as they are making to order at the moment and there won't be a replacement order readily available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #224  
Stampin' Fool

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! That is too bad they are going out of business--they have a really nice product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #225  
Matboard Maniac

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts

Have never tried these, but was thinking about picking some up while I can. If you were selecting mini-pots, which set(s) would you get? Thanks for the enabling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #226  
Matboard Maniac

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts

Btw, and I am sorry if I missed this, but any very rough sense of shipping? I imagine I might get two sets of the 20 pot minis, and I live in Chicago. Just want to know if it's outrageous. Not great that it doesn't even estimate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #227  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppymouseView Post
Btw, and I am sorry if I missed this, but any very rough sense of shipping? I imagine I might get two sets of the 20 pot minis, and I live in Chicago. Just want to know if it's outrageous. Not great that it doesn't even estimate it. Thanks!

I think the shipping for that is about $6 - I ordered 2 sets of mini pots & I think 6 of the big pots and they charged me roughly $6 for shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #228  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppymouseView Post
I am in GA, I got 3 6-sets of mini pots plus 6 indv large pots and my shipping was only $6-and some change

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #229  
Stampin' Fool

Well I was officially enabled. I've never used these or even seen them in person, but they've been on my wish list for a while. I just ordered all 168 mini pots. I like to have a complete collection. And since this is my last chance, I had to get them all. It was only $168 after the discount, a dollar apiece. I'll wait patiently for them

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #230  
Matboard Maniac

Still waiting.........any day now......I hope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #231  
Die Cut Diva

From the website:
If you have Twinkling H2O's on your orders, your delivery will be delayed up to 3 weeks. We are now NOT selling off old inventory,
we are making the paints for those who want them so badly.
Pre-paying is the ONLY way to get your product.

I don't remember now when I ordered. According to my posts in this thread - about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by BillieDee; 03-10-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #232  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Still stalking...

I'm still stalking the postman here...I'm not sure but, I think he's starting to flirt with me...uh-oh! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #233  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell1969View Post
I'm still stalking the postman here...I'm not sure but, I think he's starting to flirt with me...uh-oh! ;)

:lol: Are you single? Is he cute? This could be the silver lining to Luminarte going out of business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #234  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by java_jennyView Post
:lol: Are you single? Is he cute? This could be the silver lining to Luminarte going out of business!
LOL!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #235  
Rubber Obsessor

Nah...he's probably a sweet, old guy, but I'm happily married.
No package today...I'll try stalking tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #236  
Rubber Obsessor

How sad this is. I've been wanting these for quite some time, lets say over 2 yrs. now. :(

My SU website: http://lindaruquet.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #237  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm happily married too, but my UPS men are HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #238  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by clkr97View Post
How sad this is. I've been wanting these for quite some time, lets say over 2 yrs. now. :(
Go order some, they're still taking orders

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #239  
Stampin' Fool

So guess what came in today's mail. Noooooo, my credit card statement with the charges from my order placed 2/14. To pay or not to pay that is my question! Has anybody received anything yet? I'm just a little skeptical about a company closing it's doors and demanding pre payment for product that doesn't even exist. What if the orders never ship, what do you do then?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #240  
Die Cut Diva

I'm thinking of becoming a professional optimist. Although it isn't always the case - more often it is. What? Art & integrity. LuminArt has created such beautiful media (sp) for our creative muses to have a perfect holiday! I expect mine to be arriving in the next week or 2. That is, of course, if I don't quickly order some more!
Reply With Quote Likes