Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #121  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets not all jump to conclusions and bash a company that is going out of business.

The automated reponse when you place an order with most companies is a template. I'm sure they had no idea that the response and sales volume from those of us that absolutely love their product would be as high as it is. They must be overwhelmed and they certainly are not able to hire to get through this overwhelmeing spike in sales and emails. For those of you that are having issues, pick up the phone and give them a call om Monday and resolve them. They are a great company to work with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #122  
Inking Addict

Shopping Diva . . .we must be thinking alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #123  
Pearl-ExPert

i know it is frustrating to wait - i want mine SO bad!!! BUT at 40% off they are SWAMPED with orders and answering ALL the emails about where is my order will make everyone's orders come even slower i think. so i am happy to wait since i wouldn't be getting ANY at the regular price hee heeee!!

i am currently waiting on my second order and just placed a third yesterday *eek* - i know the first order came within a few days of them charging my card.

i don't know if this will help anyway wondering about shipping since mine is within the US but i got a 24 pack and a 6 pack and was charged 6.50 shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #124  
Pearl-ExPert

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
or if maybe they should just lower their prices and keep their company going.
this is exactly what i was thinking! and i agree lets not bash - they are a reputable company just swamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #125  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bash? horrors. I want my shinies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #126  
Rubber Obsessor

Maybe they'll decide to stay open . . .that would be great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #127  
Pearl-ExPert

I just know I'm going to place another order, but I'm trying so hard to hold off. It's that feeling of "If I don't get them now, I'll never be able to get them!" LOL :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

Has anyone order them from acountrywelcome.com? They are 40% off over there too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #129  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljscrapView Post
Lets not all jump to conclusions and bash a company that is going out of business.

The automated reponse when you place an order with most companies is a template. I'm sure they had no idea that the response and sales volume from those of us that absolutely love their product would be as high as it is. They must be overwhelmed and they certainly are not able to hire to get through this overwhelmeing spike in sales and emails. For those of you that are having issues, pick up the phone and give them a call om Monday and resolve them. They are a great company to work with.
thank you for your perfect wording of what I wanted to say. Forget the e-mails, phone!!

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #130  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
i am trying to be patient for my order. i have a question for you - i could not tell from their website exactly what the primary elements are - i know you can mix different solutions with them to make paints for different surfaces. but i am wondering how they compare to perfect pearls or pearl ex - for example can i brush the powder over versamark or mix it with water to make a spray mist....instead of buying radiant rain....
thanks!!!
m
Quote:

I cannot answer if primary elements are similar to perfect pearls or pearl ex as I dont have those 2 products. I will try what you suggested over the weekend as I have never used them as such (nor even thought they could be used as such) I will let you know the results. From reading the fourms, I think I know what results you are looking for and I'll learn a new use at the same time. I hope it works! I love to use the primary elelments make the ornaments that luminarte shows on their website. I also use them as a paint.

Ok - I tried the primary elements with the versamark. I stamped in versa and the used a soft brush to brush a small amount of the primary elements on. I then went across with a swiffer to pick up the loose dust. Absolutely stunning!!! I wish I would have of that sooner!!! I may have to place an order for more colors!!!

I also mixed a very small amount (the end of a coffee stirrer) into a tiny ranger mini-mist bottle. I used cheap hairspray/alchohol mixture as I dont think they have a fixative in them. They are very concentrated and it was beautiful. (so is my hand and the things on my stamping table . .lesson learned . .dont hold the paper and spray into an old empty box!) I will use even less color next time. My paper curled quite a bit (I think from the hair spray . . ) but I will flatten it and is should be good to go. I used "copper penny" and covered an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I think it will be pretty with some black images on it and layerd up. I have never used the radiant rain so this may be an option. Its just a matter of playing with it to get the concentration how you want it. I was hoping for a light, sheer color but ended up with almost solid color with a really nice shimmer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #131  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Ok - I tried the primary elements with the versamark. I stamped in versa and the used a soft brush to brush a small amount of the primary elements on. I then went across with a swiffer to pick up the loose dust. Absolutely stunning!!! I wish I would have of that sooner!!! I may have to place an order for more colors!!!

I also mixed a very small amount (the end of a coffee stirrer) into a tiny ranger mini-mist bottle. I used cheap hairspray/alchohol mixture as I dont think they have a fixative in them. They are very concentrated and it was beautiful. (so is my hand and the things on my stamping table . .lesson learned . .dont hold the paper and spray into an old empty box!) I will use even less color next time. My paper curled quite a bit (I think from the hair spray . . ) but I will flatten it and is should be good to go. I used "copper penny" and covered an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I think it will be pretty with some black images on it and layerd up. I have never used the radiant rain so this may be an option. Its just a matter of playing with it to get the concentration how you want it. I was hoping for a light, sheer color but ended up with almost solid color with a really nice shimmer.

oh this is wonderful news!!! especially since i had a hunch it would work so i placed an order for some (my third order so far) - i wonder if gum arabic would work as a good binder......like pearl ex......oh how i love to experiment with products! and so glad i helped you find a new use for the powders! brushing over versamark is my favorite use for perfect pearls....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #132  
Mad Swapper

Wondering if someone can help me -- BTW this should be my 1,000th post, LOL!!!! Ha and its a call for help!!!!

Can anyone tell me what the colors are in sets 628 & TW629? Its kinda weird on the website I can't find the color charts for these two (6) packs.

Thanks gals, Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #133  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks stampinfrog! What makes this so troublesome is, last time I ordered from them I didn't receive my order and had to keep calling. Finally they resent my order it took close to a month. Hopefully they are just back logged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #134  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jentView Post
Wondering if someone can help me -- BTW this should be my 1,000th post, LOL!!!! Ha and its a call for help!!!!

Can anyone tell me what the colors are in sets 628 & TW629? Its kinda weird on the website I can't find the color charts for these two (6) packs.

Thanks gals, Janice
Those two sets are their newest colors. I don't have them so I can't tell you what the colors look like, but if you click on this link, you can find out what the names of the colors are...

http://www.marcopaper.com/twinklingH2Os10gram.htm

Congrats on reaching the 1000th post milestone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #135  
Matboard Maniac

Red face

Quote:

What is Primary Element and do I need it??? I'm lost on this one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #136  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
What is Primary Element and do I need it??? I'm lost on this one
They are very shimmery powders. See this link. http://www.luminarteinc.com/catalog/...y-elements.asp

I love to make the ornaments - the instructions are to the left on the website. I also mix them with the simple solution to paint with. Thanks to others in this thread, I have learned that they can be used like pearl ex.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #137  
Inking Addict

Hello,
I have a question for you seasoned Twinkling users.....
I would like to start a small collection.... only small:mrgreen: due to space and money constraints. I like to do flowers/ land and sea/ some critters and some people and oh, yes Christmas stuff. that's all.....;)
Please tell me which colors are the basic 8 crayon box ones to have to mix the colors from that you like or gotta have.

Which is a good red/yellow/ blue to have and a good purple/ orange/ and pink to have? Good for flowers!

Someone said to have a good brown and colors for coloring people skin and animal ears/ any suggestions?

Oh and someone said to have two colors of blue and green for land sea and sky....

Plus I have to get a whitish and a black for darkening right?
Please share your ideas for me! Thanks for enabling:rolleyes: !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 AM   #138  
Inking Addict

Red face

Okay make it a 16 or 24 crayon box of colors.....:-D
How big a box should I get? I just read somewhere that there are over 150 colors to pick from..... Do we really need all of them?:confused: Well yes, but maybe I can live with just a few..... but which ones???

I can't see where the 36 mini pot kits are? I'll have to check again!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #139  
Kookie Creator

Smile

I just placed an order last night as they are quite hard to find where I live. I got several of the 24 set minis and two bottles of the glimmer mists. You guys are such enablers!! I am really disappointed that the company is going out of business, I love their stuff.
If you go to the page with the twinklings and scroll to the bottom then you will find the sets of 24 and 36.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #140  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOSSEEView Post
Hello,
I have a question for you seasoned Twinkling users.....
I would like to start a small collection.... only small:mrgreen: due to space and money constraints. I like to do flowers/ land and sea/ some critters and some people and oh, yes Christmas stuff. that's all.....;)
Please tell me which colors are the basic 8 crayon box ones to have to mix the colors from that you like or gotta have.

Which is a good red/yellow/ blue to have and a good purple/ orange/ and pink to have? Good for flowers!

Someone said to have a good brown and colors for coloring people skin and animal ears/ any suggestions?

Oh and someone said to have two colors of blue and green for land sea and sky....

Plus I have to get a whitish and a black for darkening right?
Please share your ideas for me! Thanks for enabling:rolleyes: !
I used to buy H2O's at the local stamp store, and the owner and I used to chat about how the product and some of the common complaints about it among customers. Sometimes it's difficult to get the colors you want without buying more sets than you want, the names of the colors can be misleading, and some of the colors are too identical to each other. You really need to have a color chart in your hands to know what you will be getting. I currently only have about 44 colors, I'm still waiting for my orders to arrive, and out of that 44 I have several colors that are too identical to one another. It's hard to avoid that when buying H2O's in kits. So it's difficult to suggest which would be the best kits for you to get.

Here's what I can tell you about some of the colors I do have...

Summer Breeze and Moss Agate are almost identical. They are a greenish-blue color that could be used for the ocean. Mystic Blue is a darker greener shade... perhaps slightly too green for the ocean. Teal Zircon and Guatemalan Green are almost identical and have a little more blue than Summer Breeze and Moss Agate. All the colors I've mentioned are similar to one another and a Caribbean type of green-blue... not the darker ocean shades that one would use for the Pacific Ocean, for example, if you want your artwork to be true to life.

True Blue is a pretty, bright shade of blue that could be used for the sky. Tahitian Blue is a paler version of it... kind of like a baby or powder blue.

Icicles is a white shimmer that is nice for snow. It just gives a slight shimmer to white card stock. Oyster can be used for the same thing... it's a slightly warmer white. Pewter is a nice light silver. Egyptian Gold is a little yellowy... I'm not sure if Solar Gold is a nicer shade of gold or not.

For black, Black China. I don't have it because it doesn't have very much shimmer. Perhaps a dark color can be mixed in with it to give it more shimmer.

Cedar Wood is a dark chocolate brown. Cinnamon Brown has more red or orange in it.

I might be wrong, but I think Poppy Red might be the best for basic red. I have Ruby Red and it has a lot of pink in it... it doesn't really look red to me.

Ginger Peach is a dark orange. Deep Coral is orangey-pink... it's orange with pink shimmer. Dreamsicle is a pale shade of orange, sort of pastel-like, that has a pink shimmer to it.

Yellow Rose is a yellow with a slight pink or orange shimmer. Mango Mamba is a bright yellow.

Pomegranate and Wine & Roses are a dark plum shade and very similar to each other. Wine & Roses is slightly more purple. Wild Plum is a very dark purple... a more bluey purple. Plum Crazy looks navy blue.

Sweet Thistle and Sweet Lavender are almost identical shades of lavender... a bluer shade of purple. French Lilac and English Lavender would be good shades for coloring lilacs. Royal Orchid is similar to French Lilac... slightly darker and a little more purpley.

Peppermint Taffy is a very pale shade of pink... you can barely see it. Mint Julep is a pale pastel green. French Vanilla is a pale yellow-cream color.

Some other colors that are very similar to each other... Blushing Rose and Ginger Flower, Sapphire On Ice and Wild Blueberry.

The kit with iridescent colors is used for lightening other colors. I haven't bought it for myself... I don't know if it's really a must-have item or not. I opted to spend the money to buy more colors instead, so I would have a broader range of color groups to choose from, rather than having a few number and lightening what I do have. Perhaps I'll regret that decision later on down the road.

Since you mentioned that you would like some flesh tone colors, perhaps kits 612/662 or 614/664 would be a good choice for you. The both have different shades of beige and pink. The two kits together is 1207/1257. I don't own the kits so I can't say for sure if they have flesh tones in them, and if they do, how true to life the shades are. The colors in those kits look too familiar to one another for my liking. They're not colors I would use often anyhow, because I tend to use my H2O's for nature scenes, and beige isn't a color you see a lot of in nature.

In my opinion, I think the best thing to do is choose which colors you like from this chart and go from there. Afterwards, you have to look at the pictures of the 6, 12 and 24 packs of colors, and figure out which combination of those packs are going to give you the colors you want. It's not easy. Remember you can order the colors in individual pots if you only like one in a kit and don't want to buy the whole kit.

I think this chart is the closest you'll find online to how the colors look in real life. It's not 100% true to life, but pretty good...

http://www.marcopaper.com/twinklingH2Oscolorchart.htm

This link will take you to the page that tells you what the names of the colors are...

I hope this has helped you in some way and not made things more confusing for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #141  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island ChickView Post
I used to buy H2O's at the local stamp store, and the owner and I used to chat about how the product and some of the common complaints about it among customers. Sometimes it's difficult to get the colors you want without buying more sets than you want, the names of the colors can be misleading, and some of the colors are too identical to each other. You really need to have a color chart in your hands to know what you will be getting. I currently only have about 44 colors, I'm still waiting for my orders to arrive, and out of that 44 I have several colors that are too identical to one another. It's hard to avoid that when buying H2O's in kits. So it's difficult to suggest which would be the best kits for you to get.

Here's what I can tell you about some of the colors I do have...

Summer Breeze and Moss Agate are almost identical. They are a greenish-blue color that could be used for the ocean. Mystic Blue is a darker greener shade... perhaps slightly too green for the ocean. Teal Zircon and Guatemalan Green are almost identical and have a little more blue than Summer Breeze and Moss Agate. All the colors I've mentioned are similar to one another and a Caribbean type of green-blue... not the darker ocean shades that one would use for the Pacific Ocean, for example, if you want your artwork to be true to life.

True Blue is a pretty, bright shade of blue that could be used for the sky. Tahitian Blue is a paler version of it... kind of like a baby or powder blue.

Icicles is a white shimmer that is nice for snow. It just gives a slight shimmer to white card stock. Oyster can be used for the same thing... it's a slightly warmer white. Pewter is a nice light silver. Egyptian Gold is a little yellowy... I'm not sure if Solar Gold is a nicer shade of gold or not.

For black, Black China. I don't have it because it doesn't have very much shimmer. Perhaps a dark color can be mixed in with it to give it more shimmer.

Cedar Wood is a dark chocolate brown. Cinnamon Brown has more red or orange in it.

I might be wrong, but I think Poppy Red might be the best for basic red. I have Ruby Red and it has a lot of pink in it... it doesn't really look red to me.

Ginger Peach is a dark orange. Deep Coral is orangey-pink... it's orange with pink shimmer. Dreamsicle is a pale shade of orange, sort of pastel-like, that has a pink shimmer to it.

Yellow Rose is a yellow with a slight pink or orange shimmer. Mango Mamba is a bright yellow.

Pomegranate and Wine & Roses are a dark plum shade and very similar to each other. Wine & Roses is slightly more purple. Wild Plum is a very dark purple... a more bluey purple. Plum Crazy looks navy blue.

Sweet Thistle and Sweet Lavender are almost identical shades of lavender... a bluer shade of purple. French Lilac and English Lavender would be good shades for coloring lilacs. Royal Orchid is similar to French Lilac... slightly darker and a little more purpley.

Peppermint Taffy is a very pale shade of pink... you can barely see it. Mint Julep is a pale pastel green. French Vanilla is a pale yellow-cream color.

Some other colors that are very similar to each other... Blushing Rose and Ginger Flower, Sapphire On Ice and Wild Blueberry.

The kit with iridescent colors is used for lightening other colors. I haven't bought it for myself... I don't know if it's really a must-have item or not. I opted to spend the money to buy more colors instead, so I would have a broader range of color groups to choose from, rather than having a few number and lightening what I do have. Perhaps I'll regret that decision later on down the road.

Since you mentioned that you would like some flesh tone colors, perhaps kits 612/662 or 614/664 would be a good choice for you. The both have different shades of beige and pink. The two kits together is 1207/1257. I don't own the kits so I can't say for sure if they have flesh tones in them, and if they do, how true to life the shades are. The colors in those kits look too familiar to one another for my liking. They're not colors I would use often anyhow, because I tend to use my H2O's for nature scenes, and beige isn't a color you see a lot of in nature.

In my opinion, I think the best thing to do is choose which colors you like from this chart and go from there. Afterwards, you have to look at the pictures of the 6, 12 and 24 packs of colors, and figure out which combination of those packs are going to give you the colors you want. It's not easy. Remember you can order the colors in individual pots if you only like one in a kit and don't want to buy the whole kit.

I think this chart is the closest you'll find online to how the colors look in real life. It's not 100% true to life, but pretty good...

http://www.marcopaper.com/twinklingH2Oscolorchart.htm

This link will take you to the page that tells you what the names of the colors are...

I hope this has helped you in some way and not made things more confusing for you!

this is VERY helpful...thanks so much...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #142  
Matboard Maniac

Regarding the red. Hot Cinnamon is closer to red. Hope this helps and just my 2 cents worth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #143  
Mad Swapper

WOW Island Chick thank you so much, we appreciate your insight!!!!

Now another question -- do you really need the metallic colors? I'm torn about ordering them. I've had a horrible time trying to select colors, so many pretty, useful ones. The one (6) pack set of metallic I saw really doesn't have a pewter or silver in it. At this point I began to wonder if indeed I actually need any gold, bronze colors?

Whats everyone think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #144  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
Regarding the red. Hot Cinnamon is closer to red. Hope this helps and just my 2 cents worth.
Oh oh... I ordered an individual pot of Poppy Red because I wanted a basic red... stop sign red. Now I'm wondering if I bought the wrong shade. I thought Hot Cinnamon is a quite dark shade of red... am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #145  
Insane Embellisher

Poppy red is an orangey red and Hot Cinnamon is closer to a "real" red. Hot cinnamon is about the same as Stampin Up's Real Red cardstock. Both are pretty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #146  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jentView Post
WOW Island Chick thank you so much, we appreciate your insight!!!!

Now another question -- do you really need the metallic colors? I'm torn about ordering them. I've had a horrible time trying to select colors, so many pretty, useful ones. The one (6) pack set of metallic I saw really doesn't have a pewter or silver in it. At this point I began to wonder if indeed I actually need any gold, bronze colors?

Whats everyone think?

You're right about the metallic set not having silver in it... kinda dumb really. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the set, I didn't buy it. I just wanted gold and silver for Christmas cards and my local stamp store happened to have a pot of Egyptian Gold on it's own, so I bought it so I wouldn't have to buy the whole kit. It's slightly too yellowish for me... I wish I could remember what Solar Gold looks like. I can tell you that Scarab Beetle isn't a very pretty color and it doesn't look like metal of any kind to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #147  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_TView Post
Poppy red is an orangey red and Hot Cinnamon is closer to a "real" red. Hot cinnamon is about the same as Stampin Up's Real Red cardstock. Both are pretty.
Great! Thanks for clarifying that! I guess I'm going to have to get some Hot Cinnamon now!

Shopping for H2O's is about as easy as shopping for bras or jeans! LOL!

Last edited by Island Chick; 03-01-2009 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #148  
Glitter Queen

Hi all,
I just wanted to do the right thing and apologise about making assumptions that Luminarte had debited too much money out of my account. I was unable to ring my bank over the weekend so have been stressing all weekend. I was finally able to find out what happened and I was wrong about Luminarte but at the time they were and still are the only company I had given my credit card details too. I have recently had trouble with another company when I used my credit card so thoughthe same thing had happened. So i just really wanted to apologise. I should have waited to speak to the bank but as you can imagine when a substantial amount of money goes missing from the bank you immediately fear the worst. AGAIN I AM SORRY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyaussieView Post
Hi all,
I just wanted to do the right thing and apologise about making assumptions that Luminarte had debited too much money out of my account. I was unable to ring my bank over the weekend so have been stressing all weekend. I was finally able to find out what happened and I was wrong about Luminarte but at the time they were and still are the only company I had given my credit card details too. I have recently had trouble with another company when I used my credit card so thoughthe same thing had happened. So i just really wanted to apologise. I should have waited to speak to the bank but as you can imagine when a substantial amount of money goes missing from the bank you immediately fear the worst. AGAIN I AM SORRY!!!
That was sweet of you to post the apology. I think it's safe to say that most have us have said or done things in haste when feeling stressed. Had I been in your shoes, I would have been stressing and worrying too.

Actually, I pretty much was in your shoes the day before you posted that message. I had phoned my bank to listen to the recording of my recent credit card transactions, trying to find out if my LuminArte order had gone through yet, and was shocked when I heard there was a $150 charge on my card, that I hadn't made. It turned out to be a relative who made the purchase and neglected to tell me, but before I found that out, I was freaking thinking that a hacker had gotten hold of my banking information... had all sorts of scary scenarios racing through my head.

I hope everything gets sorted out on your end, that you get the $200 back, and that this will be the last scare you have. Thanks for letting us know that LuminArte didn't do anything shady... it gives those of us who are still waiting for their orders a little peace of mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #150  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for understanding Island Chick. I should have my money back by tomorrow or Wed. From now on I will not jump to conclusions or more to the point put them on a Forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #151  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It seems that some folks might not be aware that many (but not all - at least I don't think so) are available in individual 10-gram pots. It is not as cost effective (on a per pot basis) as buying kits but can be worth it to get colors you really want without getting colors you don't.

HTH and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #152  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
It seems that some folks might not be aware that many (but not all - at least I don't think so) are available in individual 10-gram pots. It is not as cost effective (on a per pot basis) as buying kits but can be worth it to get colors you really want without getting colors you don't.

HTH and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
great tip-I ended up with 6 ind pots. Some colors I wanted but I could only spend $30 before shipping-I end of with 6 not 5 ind pots- plus 3 sets of 6 mini's and it took we a long time to narrow between this brown or that brown, hahaha. I am so excited I have not received any new twinkles for 2-1/2 years and now I will be doubling my collection. OH HAPPY DAY!!
My stomache feels like it did the first time I went to Disneyland at age 5 (1958 ) I know, I know :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #153  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxs1971View Post
I just placed an order last night as they are quite hard to find where I live. I got several of the 24 set minis and two bottles of the glimmer mists. You guys are such enablers!! I am really disappointed that the company is going out of business, I love their stuff.
If you go to the page with the twinklings and scroll to the bottom then you will find the sets of 24 and 36.
Thanks for the help and all the suggestions ladies! ! I'm making notes!

Jax1971, I noticed that your addie is from CANADA! I 'm just wondering if you ordered a bit from any american company if you have or get dinged for customs....? I'm drooling over the shopping cart but I hesitate... to press the TO BUY button. How bad is it? Let me know.... I'm still looking at the list! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmstampediaView Post
Thanks for the help and all the suggestions ladies! ! I'm making notes!

Jax1971, I noticed that your addie is from CANADA! I 'm just wondering if you ordered a bit from any american company if you have or get dinged for customs....? I'm drooling over the shopping cart but I hesitate... to press the TO BUY button. How bad is it? Let me know.... I'm still looking at the list! Thanks
I order from the US A LOT, and I don't find it too bad on most things. If you order under $20.00 of product customs will not open your package, or charge you any tax or customs. If your order is over $20.00 in product you will be charged a $5.00 fee for the privilege of them charging you the appropriate tax on your order. I have never had a specific customs charge (except for the $5.00 fee).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #155  
Inking Addict

So... you're saying if I order $100 bucks of Stuff from the US I won't have to pay a whole bunch when it comes to the door?:rolleyes:
Oh! could be dangerous!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #156  
Inking Addict

Thanks to all of you, islandchick and everyone else for sharing their thoughts and giving their suggestions for colors and tips on shopping for these. I will do some serious studying of the lists to see what I can come up with.... I have a good drawer ful of bras too... so I'll just get one for these twinkling waters too!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #157  
Insane Embellisher

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #158  
Mad Swapper

Just wanted to let everyone know that my cc was charged for my order yesterday(3-1) with the correct amt. Hopefully I will get them my the end of the week!!Starting on Weds. I will be stalking the mail lady! I ordered on 2-18th. I will let you all know when they arrive.
Hugs,
Connie

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #159  
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone got their order yet??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #160  
Rubber Obsessor

My CC was charged on the 27th, but I haven't received my order yet. I think my mailman is beginning to think I am stalking him...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes