Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #761  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luminarte NOT going out of business

Wow!!! This posting really got my attention! I was overwhelmed with dismay and wanted to order some stuff before they were out of business. Well, I went to www.luminarteinc.com to see what I could buy.....

They've decided to stay in business AND give us the 40% off discount until June 14th! I am so excited. Since I'm at work right now, I can't put in an order 'cause I need to check my current stock, but you can bet I'll check it all out tonight. They tell us right up front now that it could take 4 - 6 weeks after they charge our credit card to get the order. Everyone seems to have gotten theirs so far (even if it is late, late, late) so I'm confident things will work out.

Thanks to everyone for posting this!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #762  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, you'll get them. I've gotten 2 of 3 orders so far. #3 was made the end of April so I'll wait. I will be the proud owner of a full set.

<laugh>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #763  
Crimping Master

their website says they ship via USPS...which is cheaper and faster....they could use the large and x large priority boxes.

can you guys tell me how long after your initial charge, did they add on the shipping and charge you for that and how much it was? cause what they charged my card for was exactly the amount for all 23 6paks of the mini pots I ordered, no shipping added on, I need to know because there is not always money in my account.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #764  
Crimping Master

ohh and RIVERISIS______________________________WOOOT!!! have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #765  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,057 Likes on 815 Posts

I've been watching this thread but not posting - I never even got anything to say my order had gone through, so I think it fell through the net. But I got what I wanted with some discount from Frantic Stamper when I was placing a regular order with her, so at this stage I really hope mine fell through the net...just wanted to say to RiverIsis - I am so glad yours have finally arrived!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #766  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ord
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #767  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed 3 orders, the first one back in February. Today I got 2 of those orders finally; haven't got the third. Wanted to let people know they're still getting shipped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 AM   #768  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I've been watching this thread but not posting - I never even got anything to say my order had gone through, so I think it fell through the net. But I got what I wanted with some discount from Frantic Stamper when I was placing a regular order with her, so at this stage I really hope mine fell through the net...just wanted to say to RiverIsis - I am so glad yours have finally arrived!!!
I never got an email verifying the order or anything, or the total. I just saw online at my bank account that it had been withdrawn two weeks later. I never saw anything on their web site about how much shipping was, either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #769  
Kookie Creator

When an order is placed, there is a spot to put a check mark if you want an email notification and then you have to put in your email address. I think I missed this step with my first order, but included it on my other three.

By the way, I received one of my orders (I have a post above on it). It was received by UPS. Shipping was a bit over $12.00. I ordered 12 boxes (4 each) of their glass baubles, so I don't believe the cost was too bad. I received two boxes. I think this may have been the third order that I placed, so I'm still missing the first (Twinkling H2Os), the second (the radiant rain with daubers) and the fourth (primary elements and some star baubles, plus a large bottle of each solution and some miscellaneous tools that they sell).

My first order was place March 11.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #770  
Crimping Master

I too, set up my stuff so I would get the updates, but I have yet to receive an email, saying they are staying in business. I also have NOT told my family yet...being as the hubby and son already think the whole thing was just a savvy business scam to get us all to buy and buy and buy.

I can not wait to get my order yet I have a feeling it may be a long time , thought they told me on the phone they were catching up and that most orders from "here on out" (when I spoke to them) "should be taking about 2 weeks --3 max".

so, we'll see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #771  
Stampin' Fool

Product question: Is it normal for the H2O's to have lots of air holes? I got through the first layer and they are all full of holes. Just curious if they have always been like that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #772  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflakeView Post
Product question: Is it normal for the H2O's to have lots of air holes? I got through the first layer and they are all full of holes. Just curious if they have always been like that
LOL! I was wondering the SAME thing as I just got finished using some for the first time. This was my first order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #773  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
LOL! I was wondering the SAME thing as I just got finished using some for the first time. This was my first order.
I've experienced a few air holes, but not a lot. Very small ones, at that. I haven't gotten my order yet, so I'm talking about the pots that I've had awhile.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #774  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marinek9momView Post
I've experienced a few air holes, but not a lot. Very small ones, at that. I haven't gotten my order yet, so I'm talking about the pots that I've had awhile.

Janet
Okay, thanks. Will you report back when you get your new ones and try them out? I don't mean to sound negetive but I feel these are pretty spendy and then the little jar isn't even full. lol But if that is how they come then I guess I shouldn't say anything. I was just surprised, that's all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #775  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Okay, thanks. Will you report back when you get your new ones and try them out? I don't mean to sound negetive but I feel these are pretty spendy and then the little jar isn't even full. lol But if that is how they come then I guess I shouldn't say anything. I was just surprised, that's all.

Well, I certainly hope that they don't come with any more than normal or we all really HAVE been taken for a ride! :( Surely they didn't get "cheap" when making these just b/c they were on sale - would certainly not be good practice to begin with, especially if you plan to go ahead and stay in business! Guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully those who have had them before and ordered more will let us know what they think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #776  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was wondering the same thing. I used mine for the first time a few weeks ago and they had lots of air bubbles. I also had a few that didn't seem full at all. I considered sending those ones back, but with the shipping times I decided against it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #777  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought some of mine didn't look very full from the outside - then I opened them and realized that the solidified color had move to the top of the container... As you are supposed to be able to pool the water on top to soften and use the color even the ones I thought didn't look like they had a lot in them had quite a lot when I pushed them back down into the base.

I have a few with rather large air holes but in general they seem ok I know they will last me quite a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #778  
Pearl-ExPert

hi all!
got my second order UPS on thursday - i too noticed massive air bubbling but never had any before now so........i have some *soaking* at this very minute to play with later (i hope).

i had some primary elements in this last order and i am not sure what i will do with them yet.............since i do alot more than just papercrafts i figured they would be really versatile for me......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #779  
Inking Addict

I've been buying them and using them for several years. Some have looked like lacey swiss cheese, some have had a few large pockets and some have been solid . . . I believe what you are seeing is normal. Enjoy . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #780  
Insane Embellisher

I called them yesterday. I had left a voice mail before and didn't hear back. Yesterday I got someone and she said I should have gotten mine by now but the ones she needed to check with were bringing things to ship right then. Said she would call me back but didn't. I'll have to try again next week. Hopefully they put tracking on the packages. I buy stuff from ebay all the time and have never had a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #781  
Die Cut Diva

cerridwen3301 - Mine are a variety of smooth finish to swiss cheese like ljscrap. Don't worry about it. They all work fine.

I want to know what her new products are going to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #782  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyMn1View Post
I called them yesterday. I had left a voice mail before and didn't hear back. Yesterday I got someone and she said I should have gotten mine by now but the ones she needed to check with were bringing things to ship right then. Said she would call me back but didn't. I'll have to try again next week. Hopefully they put tracking on the packages. I buy stuff from ebay all the time and have never had a problem.
I'm sure everything will work out. They're shipping is just VERY slow atm. What does this have to do with EBay? I EBay myself - way too often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #783  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Yes, I have experienced many with air holes...ONE was huge, like half a pot...so it is kind of annoying almost a rip -off!!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #784  
Insane Embellisher

Say, anyone whose money was debited early March should call them. She said those orders were supposed to have all gone out. I kept hearing different things and wanted to be patient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #785  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too, have been bying them for a while and they all seem to vary in air bubbles. It does not affect the product. They last forever even with big air bubbles.

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #786  
Insane Embellisher

I got my order today finally. They all look good. Only problem is the big pots have the lids on so tight I can't get them off! I did break my right wrist three months ago and lost a lot of strength.

I got a call from UPS yesterday on my cell phone. Guess what? I put my order in on the phone, since the online system didn't show what I was ordering or the discount. Well she got my last name wrong and abbreviated my street name so it made no sense! I did spell everything out. I live on Matilda Street. They sent it to Mate! ??? When I called Luminarte they went into that whole litany of how many orders they had blah blah. Seriously, if you think it's going to be three months I think you need to let people know! I think their emails should have links to their web site, that the online order system should show what you just put in, the discount and shipping should show. Shipping was very reasonable. Since they plan on staying in business I think they need to improve their customer service. To just send out mass emails saying they are too busy to answer emails is just not acceptable to me! I love the products BUT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #787  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

some of my jars were quite full and others were only half full when I received mine but no use complainig, I have them now and they're great. I wish I could afford to order more but with the shipping costs I ended up paying full price for them anyway!!! As they are staying in business now I'll be able to buy them from companies in Australia gradually. And I know the distributor ordered during the 40% off sale so hopefully we will get the discount when they arrive.
Hope you all get your products soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #788  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyMn1View Post
I got my order today finally. They all look good. Only problem is the big pots have the lids on so tight I can't get them off! I did break my right wrist three months ago and lost a lot of strength.

I got a call from UPS yesterday on my cell phone. Guess what? I put my order in on the phone, since the online system didn't show what I was ordering or the discount. Well she got my last name wrong and abbreviated my street name so it made no sense! I did spell everything out. I live on Matilda Street. They sent it to Mate! ??? When I called Luminarte they went into that whole litany of how many orders they had blah blah. Seriously, if you think it's going to be three months I think you need to let people know! I think their emails should have links to their web site, that the online order system should show what you just put in, the discount and shipping should show. Shipping was very reasonable. Since they plan on staying in business I think they need to improve their customer service. To just send out mass emails saying they are too busy to answer emails is just not acceptable to me! I love the products BUT!
I have dealt with another company recently with similar payment and shipping times and didn't even get the "mass emails" so I was pleased with those because at least I felt in the loop of information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #789  
Kookie Creator

I thought I'd call Luminarte today to check on my orders. I have three orders outstanding, the first was placed March 11, then March 14, then March 25. I received the order that I place March 16 but that order was only glass baubles, so it doesn't really count. Kimberly (very nice, by the way) checked and said that today they are finishing up all March orders (not those placed in March, those charged to the credit cards in March). My first order wasn't charged to my credit card until April 1 (she indicated there were over 260 processed on April 1). Those orders will be shipped out sometime next week. So, they're still coming! Just a little more patience everyone.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #790  
Inking Addict

I received my order today that I placed in early March. It contained Primary Elements and baubles. Such beautiful shimmer . . .cant wait to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #791  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh well done everyone! I still haven't gotten to play yet as life has gotten in the way! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #792  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Yes, it is-we were told that at the Luminarte Booth at one of the CHA events.
Some of the ones I got thru this sale were soooo loaded-to the brim!! I am especially happy that my key lime was full, full, full-it's about 25% more than normal new pots :mrgreen:

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #793  
Stazon Splitcoast

I played with some last night, oh I love them so much.
gonna have to order more colors for sure, just need to save up lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #794  
Pearl-ExPert

i finally have ALL my items that i have ordered - LOVE the twinks but i am not very good at using them yet. finally got a chance to play a bit with the primary elements. i used them with polymer clay to make some embellishments and i posted a few pics in my gallery - i'd love to hear what you think!

Clay embellishments by cerridwen3301 at Splitcoaststampers
this set uses pink azalea and the magenta pieces started out as white translucent clay

Clay embellishments by cerridwen3301 at Splitcoaststampers
this set uses fuzzy peach over translucent red clay

both sets have perfect pearls over white translucent for the pieces that are white since i do not have an equivalent in the primary elements

i adore the stuff - it works so well with the clay!! in fact i just had to order a bit more before the sale ends my card was charged the same day so 4-6 weeks from now *sigh*.

i have another technique with mod podge and black paint i am going to try tomorrow if i get time.........

they DO NOT work with versamark like perfect pearls so i think i am going to have to figure out what to spray over them......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 AM   #795  
Pearl-ExPert

ok i am back with another (mostly successful) report. one of my all time fave techniques is stamping an image with versamark and then brushing on perfect pearls but i get frustrated by the limited colors. SO i got some primary elements to see if they would work the same way and THEY DO!!!! HOORAY! one important difference is that they do not have a binder built in tho so they smeared right off. BUT i sprayed them with krylon workable fixative which i use to use on my colored pencil artwork to prevent smearing - works like a dream and HOLY COW the shimmer is unbelievable! i tried to capture it in pics but the sun is not out here :(

as you can see the only issue i had was that the blue one colored the paper too which i did not want so i will have to make sure not to use that color for this technique.....

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #796  
Rubber Obsessor

i guess its good to assume that if I order tomorrow 6/11 I will not have them by
the end of the month...

Is there any other websites that sell these with fast shipping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #797  
Kookie Creator

I am tryin to be patient but it is hard when you order in March and it's now June and nothing yet. Anybody from Canada recieve their order yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #798  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxs1971View Post
I am tryin to be patient but it is hard when you order in March and it's now June and nothing yet. Anybody from Canada recieve their order yet?
When in March?

I ordered at the end of February and received my order at the end of May in Saskatchewan. I think 10 -12 weeks is kind of the standard wait that was being experienced for Canadian orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #799  
Kookie Creator

I ordered at the begininng of March, they charged me in the middle of the month and I have already had the charge for shipping but have recieved nothing at all yet. I have to admit that I am getting a little impatient with waiting, it's been an alwfully long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #800  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmommy06View Post
i guess its good to assume that if I order tomorrow 6/11 I will not have them by
the end of the month...

Is there any other websites that sell these with fast shipping
I know earlier in the thread Marco Papers was recommended to see swatches so they might, but then again I would check with any shop and their stock levels and of course you won't get the discount either.
Reply With Quote Likes