Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #241  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

((((BIG HUGE HUGS!)))))
I really don't know what else to say! Praying God will heal your burns and your broken hearts!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #242  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just learned of your loss! Sending prayers and hugs to you and your hubby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #243  
Forum Fanatic

Oh, Tamra, my heart goes out to you and your husband over the loss of your babies (our pets are so much a part of our lives). I will pray for you both, and I am glad to hear that you and your husband are physically okay though. Bless you both!
Barbaralynn's Summer Swap

I'm a BRAK member. We would love for you to join us!
Click here for more information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #244  
Glitter Guru

I am so so sorry for all of your losses...your sweet puppies, your home, your business. THANK GOD you and your husband made it out alive. These fires have been unbelievable and even 5 hours drive away from SD, 3 1/2 hours from LA (I live on the Central Coast of CA), we can see and smell the smoke in the air! I will be keeping you personally in my prayers, in addition to the thousands of others affected....Blessings to you!! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Last edited by mybelle101; 10-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: to add a great big hug!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #245  
Compulsive Stamper

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your DH in the loss of your furry babies. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time.

Comforting hugs to you both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #246  
Rubber Obsessor

Many prayers are being sent your way ... always remember - if He brought you to it - He'll bring you thru it!
We all love you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #247  
Die Cut Diva

Tamra,

OK...your last post brought tears to my eyes here...and I haven't even gotten time to go to the PO with what I am mailing you so far...

And tomorrow is O-U-T for PO because I am treating myself to a 12-hour crop! I am making my boyfriend a scrapbook for Christmas...and the whole crop fee goes to a foundation that helps disabled children...so I can't resist that...

So either on Sunday, or one day next week, post office here I come...

I will try to get you a card in the mail by Monday...

Take care and I am still praying for y'all!

God bless...

Teena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #248  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm am terribly sorry for your loss of your babies. My 1st and 2nd children are 4-legged. We almost lost one of them a year ago due to a bad reaction to a shot. I was a basket-case and constantly crying. I just couldn't seem to pull myself together until she got better. We had to force feed her to keep her alive. Anways, I can't imagine losing 3 of your babies, when I was such a mess almost losing one of my babies.

I truly am sorry you lost so much and were both burned. I am glad you are healing physically and emotionally. You sound like you are so strong. I know we always hear this, but God doesn't give us more than we can handle, although I often wonder if this is true. Once we get through it, we realize He is right. I just learned of your company and was going to check it out. I hope you can get your business up and running again, if you wish.

I know you are a getting a lot of happy mail, but what can be sent to your DH and DD? What are their hobbies/therapy as they get through this?

God bless that special Belle for making it through this, too!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Money is tight, but I plan to send you a little something soon.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #249  
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Loss of any proportion is devestating but you have suffered the
ultimate with the loss of your furry friends, a home, and your
business. I am happy that you will eventually heal from your
injuries and I hope in time, your pain will become less to bear.
I'm thinking of you.
Norma J - BC, Canada
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #250  
Pearl-ExPert

Tamra,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 AM   #251  
Pearl-ExPert

sounds as if Ken could use underwear, but perhaps that is overstepping the bounds a little too much? And we would absolutely have to embellish it so I think this is not a good idea. I too asked what we can do for Kristin and Ken - any suggestions other than my totally awful one above? Be sure to visit the RAK thread for tragic fire in the needs a lift thread -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #252  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL!! Maybe instead of underwear - which they could easily get, we can give him something fun that wouldn't necessarily be as easy with the insurance company. Sounds like they are acting as if they only need to buy necessities - as necessary as they are to the insurance company.
I think stamping is a necessity, but not everyone thinks like a stamper.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #253  
Crimping Master

I am so sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I can't imagine losing your home, your business and especially your precious fur-babies.
May you find comfort and peace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #254  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Honey!
What a lousy thing to have happened to y'all!
I'll be praying for God to intervene with the Insurance Co.
May His grace abound towards you!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #255  
Matboard Maniac

I have never heard of you business but I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my fur babies. Prayers to you and your DH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #256  
Matboard Maniac

You and your family are in my prayers.

My husband and I suffered a fire this past January and fortunately were blessed that it was contained only to the garage. In the middle of it all, all I cared about were getting my 3 dogs out. Once they were and I knew that my DH and I were OK, I couldn't even think about anything in particular. I have tears just thinking about the pups you lost, not to mention everything else. God be with you all.

Melissa Barnes, Southern CA

PROUD ARMY WIFE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #257  
Matboard Maniac

I am so sorry for your losses, especially your babies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #258  
Kookie Creator

So sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family and especially for your beloved fur babies. I pray for a speedy recovery and that your life will get back to some kind of normal. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #259  
Crimping Master

I have tears in my eyes as I read of the loss of your beloved Poodles. I am so sorry to hear of the tragedy your and your hubby barely escaped. I hope that family, friends and local community have come together to help you through this ordeal. My thought are of you.

Take comfort in knowing that your babies are playing with my Kaley at the Rainbow Bridge.

<----Gabriel...15 months old May 1, 2011. He loves being outdoors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #260  
Splitcoast Member Company

Default update and MORE Rak thanks

hello to you all, sorry I have been absent from this wonderful group for a couple of weeks. I have had a lot of emotional ups and downs as the reality of my new life sinks in. I think I may have to break down and talk to a professional... the home health care nurse has given me a name... I don't know. Just the anquish and the GUILT over my doggies and our lives as we knew them being gone is really hard to handle, even though there was nothing more I could have really done. I know that grieving is a process, and this is but a stage, but it is pretty sucky to say the least. My burns are still painful, but they remind me that I did try... and how close I was to being killed. If someone had of told me I would still have raw meat and bandages a month later, I wouldn't have believed it. Even in the hospital... glad there are folks there that know their stuff!

This week Ken got an opportunity to attend a class in MD, near DC, so I came along to get away from everything for a bit. Little did we know that it would be the hardest thing in the world to leave little Belle, we both bawled our eyes out as we left. She really takes the sting out of our dogs being gone, and with NO dogs, well, we were pretty lonely in room last night. And I am really lonely here today while he is in class. I hope we can enjoy this trip a bit after all, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick so far.

A few of you have asked about Raks for Ken and Kristin, and that is so wonderful of you! A few ladies did send cards directly to Kristin as well, and she really liked that alot. She was saying that I had already gotten more mail than she had since she had lived there. So I know she would like that. Ken... well, Ken is just such a 'guy'. He has replaced a few of our electronics so far and is enjoying the shopping process I think. He had to study a bunch before he got me a new laptop and thank goodness he finally did, or I would be going crazy in this stupid hotel room right now! He researched and bought a new camera for the trip and is researching TV's now. The insurance company gave us a debit card for stuff like that, but it comes right out of our personal property settlement 'pot', so it isn't like we can go crazy or something. I did buy him some more underwear (not embellished or studded! ha! you guys are funny!) but I was good and saved the receipt.
---------------
ok, hours later, but I am back but still a bit shaken. I had been in the room since breakfast and apparently this is 'test the emergency alarms' day here at this hotel. Of course I didn't know this. I was on the 7th floor and about had a heart attack when the fire alarms went off. I grabbed some stuff and ran out and about took out a little Asian maid that was trying to keep me from going down the stairs. And I just couldn't stop crying, so I told them why and showed them my arm and I know they felt really bad, so they moved us to a room on the lobby level. And I just cried and cried. I wish I could nap but I have to wait for Ken to come back from class cause he has no idea where I am.

I have more folks to thank for Raks and stuff but I think it is time to lay down now. Boy this junk just stays right under the surface. We wanted to get away and forget, but we just miss the doggies more and now I am scared here. Major bummer of a getaway. Sorry to ramble but this is almost like therapy. My Mama wasn't home... So you guys get it my rambling instead. Sorry.

I do have some good news about the templates I hope to share on my website when we get home though, but I will share that junk later.

thanks,
Tamra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #261  
Mad Swapper

Location: Geez...I've been MIA for two football seasons...yikes!

Tamra, hang in there....talking to a professional might help. I can't even begin to understand what you are going through, but I "felt" your angst when wrote about the fire alarm going off in the hotel. {{{{hugs}}}}

May God heal you inside and out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecardLadiesView Post
hello to you all, sorry I have been absent from this wonderful group for a couple of weeks. I have had a lot of emotional ups and downs as the reality of my new life sinks in. I think I may have to break down and talk to a professional... the home health care nurse has given me a name... I don't know. Just the anquish and the GUILT over my doggies and our lives as we knew them being gone is really hard to handle, even though there was nothing more I could have really done. I know that grieving is a process, and this is but a stage, but it is pretty sucky to say the least. My burns are still painful, but they remind me that I did try... and how close I was to being killed. If someone had of told me I would still have raw meat and bandages a month later, I wouldn't have believed it. Even in the hospital... glad there are folks there that know their stuff!

This week Ken got an opportunity to attend a class in MD, near DC, so I came along to get away from everything for a bit. Little did we know that it would be the hardest thing in the world to leave little Belle, we both bawled our eyes out as we left. She really takes the sting out of our dogs being gone, and with NO dogs, well, we were pretty lonely in room last night. And I am really lonely here today while he is in class. I hope we can enjoy this trip a bit after all, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick so far.

A few of you have asked about Raks for Ken and Kristin, and that is so wonderful of you! A few ladies did send cards directly to Kristin as well, and she really liked that alot. She was saying that I had already gotten more mail than she had since she had lived there. So I know she would like that. Ken... well, Ken is just such a 'guy'. He has replaced a few of our electronics so far and is enjoying the shopping process I think. He had to study a bunch before he got me a new laptop and thank goodness he finally did, or I would be going crazy in this stupid hotel room right now! He researched and bought a new camera for the trip and is researching TV's now. The insurance company gave us a debit card for stuff like that, but it comes right out of our personal property settlement 'pot', so it isn't like we can go crazy or something. I did buy him some more underwear (not embellished or studded! ha! you guys are funny!) but I was good and saved the receipt.
---------------
ok, hours later, but I am back but still a bit shaken. I had been in the room since breakfast and apparently this is 'test the emergency alarms' day here at this hotel. Of course I didn't know this. I was on the 7th floor and about had a heart attack when the fire alarms went off. I grabbed some stuff and ran out and about took out a little Asian maid that was trying to keep me from going down the stairs. And I just couldn't stop crying, so I told them why and showed them my arm and I know they felt really bad, so they moved us to a room on the lobby level. And I just cried and cried. I wish I could nap but I have to wait for Ken to come back from class cause he has no idea where I am.

I have more folks to thank for Raks and stuff but I think it is time to lay down now. Boy this junk just stays right under the surface. We wanted to get away and forget, but we just miss the doggies more and now I am scared here. Major bummer of a getaway. Sorry to ramble but this is almost like therapy. My Mama wasn't home... So you guys get it my rambling instead. Sorry.

I do have some good news about the templates I hope to share on my website when we get home though, but I will share that junk later.

thanks,
Tamra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #262  
Cardstock Collector

Don't hesitate to talk to a professional! We don't have to "break down" to get to that point! They will understand all you are going through and feeling that will just give your heart so much peace. You're right, it is a stage, but you don't have to be alone!! Continued prayers for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #263  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sorry to hear that you are still in pain physically and emotionally. I hope that you will talk to someone professional as it does help, I know. You and your family are in my prayers, lots of heart warming hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #264  

Default One last more 'upbeat' post ;-)

Well, I hope I haven't been such a downer that you guys give up on me. ;-) Just a note to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING and to thank you all for the sweet notes, cards, gifts and emails. And of course the replies to this thread.

The huge emotion dump after the fire alarms in the hotel seemed to be the release I had been needing. I felt so much better after that huge cry, that everything just kept getting better and better after that. Ken and I had a wonderful time away after all, and a wonderful weekend in DC with Kristin. My home health care nurse has now released me as well, so everything is better.

I got a pm from scrapnva last week when I was in MD and met her at a local rubber stamp store and talked for hours! What a wonderful treat, and something I wouldn't have had to opportunity to do without finding this group. Thanks Virginia, it was such fun!

And now I have a bunch of brand new templates made by a local guy and the replacement embroidery machine is on it's way! So I am back in business in an abbreviated way at least, and my faith in humanity and the existence of good people is totally restored. I have e-met the best folks in the world.

So my family has a lot to be thankful for this year. When life gives you a clean slate, it is a wonderful chance to do it better this time, so in that regard, we are really fortunate.

Thanks to you all that have read my little story, and I hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday season!

With love to you all,
Tamra
theCardLadies.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #265  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I just read the post from a week ago. I am so glad your cry helped you feel better. I, too, would have flipped out when the alarm bell was ringing. That was so nice of the hotel to move you to the ground floor. I'm glad your weekend got better.
I finaly got a package out to you! I hope you enjoy it!
I'm so glad you have your business up and running a little again. God always gives us blessings even when it seems like all is gone.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #266  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and sorry I missed you up in DC!!!! Don't be surprised if you have ups and downs. You are going through an enormous tragedy and it takes time to heal. My very best wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #267  
Mad Swapper

I am so gald to hear you sounding chipper in your last post. I have missed your site and think of you every time I stamp. How awsome it is to know that prayers are being answered to help you heal from such a tragic and shocking ordeal. {{{hugs}}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2007, 03:27 AM   #268  
Insane Embellisher

Tamra, I don't know you but I was shocked to read that this happened to a fellow SCS'er. My home burned down on Sept. 12, and we are slowly getting over the shock.

If you want to talk to someone who is going through the same thing you are, please email me at [email protected]

My heart goes out to you ~ I know what you are feeling. {{hugs}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #269  
Pearl-ExPert

YEAH, Tamra, I read that you are back in business and got goose bumps!! How is little Belle? Are you still living with your daughter? I think of you often, especially in regards to your kind response to my pm a while back. Glad Ken has underwear without embellishments. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, belatedly, and here's to a New Year and a new start. Remember that the process is not over, but the huge cry must have released a lot of the anger and guilt. I always encourage people to cry it out. I know it helps me. BTW, I hope someone elfs you....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #270  

Hi Laurie,

Yep, back in business in a SMALL way, working on it anyway. The templates and the bowmakers were the favorite items anyway, so at least I still have those. Not for the money, it really never was. It was always because I enjoyed it so much and it was fun to think I might be a small part of someone's art out there. Now it is because I really want to be 'normal' again. Still a long way to go, but I will make it.

And who knows, when the new embroidery machine gets here, I may actually embellish Ken's underwear as I test it out. HA! All of a sudden Ken and Kristin both are saying 'make me this and make me another that'. When I made them stuff before, they obviously took it for granted. Ken had a couple of cute sweatshirts he wore on casual days in December... one said 'HO3' Like HO to the 3rd power. Good for a computer geek. And another said 'Dear Santa, define good...' ha! Now I am thinking of sayings for his underwear... haha! Not asking HIM though... ;-)

Belle is awesome! Thanks for asking. So much company for me when I am here alone. She has such spunk, I am sure that is what helped her survive. I went in the house for the first time on Sunday. It gave me some closure. What a disaster area. Amazing that baby dog survived that but it just shows what a strong little spirit and will to live that she has.

Tamra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #271  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I am so happy that things are beginning to move in a good direction for you all - thank you for updating us - I havent checked in for a while and have been thinking of you alot and hoping that all your wounds are healing...

Keep loving on that little doggy :-)

Sending hugs...

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #272  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Tamra!

I had to get help to find this thread...I have been collecting some stamping supplies from you from various Colorado stampers and I have a big box to stick in the mail. There was an original RAK request thread originally but I can't find that one. I think it had your address in it. I would like to get this off to you...can you pm me with your address.

I am happy to read that things are looking up for you!

Hugs.
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #273  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the RAK thread link:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #274  
Die Cut Diva

Hi, Tamra!

I am so sorry that I didn't RAK you yet like I said I would...

I STILL am going to do it! I got so sidetracked between work and Thanksgiving and Family Reunion that I think I forgot who I was...LOL!

I am glad things are looking a bit better for you all. Sounds like your weekend in DC/MD turned out to be a good one after all...

It's really funny...no matter WHAT stamping or crafts store I go into, I can find somebody to talk crafting with...LOL! Glad you and Virginia had fun shopping and talking...

I'm subscribing to this thread AND the rak thread...that way, I can't lose track of you again!

Take care and God bless!

Teena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #275  

Default to Teenastamps, mothersmark, peggysue and all

to teenastamps,
Don't you worry a second or have any guilt about being tardy with a RAK, for goodness sakes! I would never even expect you guys to give me gifts like you have. I have been blessed to be the recipient of so much generosity and good wishes from this group, I can't ask for a greater gift than that. You are too sweet.

To Mothersmark and Peggysue,
Thanks for letting me know about the other threads and stuff. I have alot to learn about SCS. This is an amazing site and no wonder you guys love it so much. They are so on the ball, the more I see, the more I am impressed. No wonder so many of you guys love it here, I do too!

To all that have RAK'ed and gifted me. I tried a couple of times to be creative, but I just wasn't in that 'place' yet... hated everything I did and it became too stressful. I want to send you all a card and a little something I make (I have designed that now at least) so I really hope you forgive me for being so tardy with the real thank yous. I posted a partial thank you list on my website and I am still working on that. the website isn't quite as stressful because I was familiar with that I guess. The familiar is comforting for some reason.

There are still a lot of emotions I am working thru... Ken and Kristin are doing a lot better than I am I think, but I am better every day. I have found several folks online that have also had recent fires and it sure helps to email with them and find out that my range of emotions seem to be so normal. You always want to hear that someone else feels exactly the same way. Even the total lack of creativity seems to be normal, and the return of those thoughts also appears to be a sign of real progress, so I am encouraged. And thanks to you generous folks, I have to tools to work with as I start to create, so I am truly blessed.

With lots of love,
Tamra
theCardLadies.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #276  
Die Cut Diva

Tamra, what a sweetie you are! Thanks! I actually think I am going to wait to RAK you till after New Year's...that way you get some cheer in the bleak winter months...LOL...

Love and prayers,

Teena

PS--I know you live in the Charlotte area...where WERE you when my boyfriend and I got lost down there?? We drove 60 miles before we ever found the place we were going...South Park Mall...rofl....He was so disgusted the last time he got directions, he came back to the car, said you get on this road then you get on Fairview, Fairway, Fairlane, or Fairy Godmother!!!! ROFL!!!!

Sorry, ladies...this was a local hijack of da thread...hope it gave you a laugh, Tamra...

Teena

Last edited by teenastamps; 12-02-2007 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: i kant speil or tipe
Reply With Quote Likes