Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distress Limited edition ink pads

As many of you know Ranger offered a set of 3 new colors in Distress ink pads, but only allowed stores to order 12 sets.

Today Oozak got notice that Ranger will be sending 48 more sets in mid October.
Get on your name on the notifier list AGAIN if you want a set

I called Rusty and asked if they have reinkers for the new colors and he said not at this time.
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes! I had no idea there would be so few in the stores!

Re: the reinkers, on Tim's blog video, he says no reinkers will be offered. Which makes me sad, 'cause I want to taste that purple one! ;)

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Hardware Hotshot

Considering so few sets are allowed to be ordered I doubt that the big box stores will order them. What would Joanns, Hobby Lobby or Michael's do with 12 or even 48 sets

If you want them I would suggest putting your name on a waiting list on-line or contact your local LSS and see if they have a waiting list .

I leave my computer on and check when I get hear the sound of a new in-coming email message. I jumped on it and did snag a set from Oozak today.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 09-20-2011 at 06:49 PM..
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Read this: Blog | Ranger Ink: September 2011

They will have more and they will available again next year. Also, a new set will be coming in November.

Vic
Pearl-ExPert

Custom crops.com has them still last time I checked.
Glitter Guru

Marcos Paper Had them yesterday.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Pearl-ExPert

It must just be me, but I think the colors are very close to colors that are already being used. I looked in Tim's website, but just wasn't enthused with the color choice. To me, the colors are close to what are already being used currently.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
It must just be me, but I think the colors are very close to colors that are already being used. I looked in Tim's website, but just wasn't enthused with the color choice. To me, the colors are close to what are already being used currently.
The video shows the difference: seasonal distress ink... - Tim Holtz

Vic
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, people on ebay are paying $40 for these 3 stamp pads!
Tim Holtz Limited Edition Set of 3 Distress Ink Fall Colors - Just Released | eBay
Die Cut Diva

Here's another color comparsion: Ink Stains: LE Autumn Distress Inks

Vic
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of today Simon Says still had them in stock.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrookView Post
As of today Simon Says still had them in stock.
Says out of stock: Simon Says STAMP Product List

More are coming, though.

Vic
Embossing Fanatic

Default Distress Ink Pads Distress!

First, let me say that Tim Holtz is an amazing artist and an inspiration to so many of us. What I say here is in NO WAY a reflection of him!

I am just one of many customers who felt compelled to write about our collective upset over the Tim Holtz Fall Distress Ink Pad bundle just released. First, I get that Ranger underestimated the demand, though for the life of me, I don't know how that happened as one just has to see the immense following Tim has and just how well the other distress ink pads sell to know they would be wanted by so many artists!! Perhaps Ranger might have done some sort of an interest survey to estimate demand prior to manufacturing to ascertain the quantity needed. While that might have blown the surprise, the bigger surprise to many of us is that we can't get the pads that we were teased about owning!

What really outrages us is that Ranger is asking loyal customers to pay between $15- $18 for a set of three pads- as they are NOT offered individually- and then telling customers no reinkers would be made! The only "consolation" offered was that Ranger would make these pads available next Fall! So now that leaves the customer with a set of pads that he or she will have to wait one year to replenish, and also leaves the customer having to buy the pads all over again!

In these difficult economic times, many of us have had to put a lot of our "wishes" on hold or select products that we know are both economical and versatile. Offering a product that is touted as the "missing links" in the distress ink palette and then NOT offering re-inkers either enough of these pads and the reinkers to replenish them is just bad business, poor planning and it is so unfair to a public that adores Tim and all his gives to us.

Ranger owes it to its customers- the ones who continue to buy its products despite the economic hardship we are all enduring - to manufacture the reinkers for these pads and to make them available to everyone soon. We should not have to wait one year to replenish an inkpad nor should be have to pay the same $18 over again.
Rubber Obsessor

The reinker issue and intial price point has deterred me from buying the ink pads. I am making due with the "many" ink pads I already have. I own a variety of distress inks now so it is not a huge loss to me.

Quote:

What really outrages us is that Ranger is asking loyal customers to pay between $15- $18 for a set of three pads- as they are NOT offered individually- and then telling customers no reinkers would be made! The only "consolation" offered was that Ranger would make these pads available next Fall! So now that leaves the customer with a set of pads that he or she will have to wait one year to replenish, and also leaves the customer having to buy the pads all over again!
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by agovernaleView Post
First, let me say that Tim Holtz is an amazing artist and an inspiration to so many of us. What I say here is in NO WAY a reflection of him!

I am just one of many customers who felt compelled to write about our collective upset over the Tim Holtz Fall Distress Ink Pad bundle just released. First, I get that Ranger underestimated the demand, though for the life of me, I don't know how that happened as one just has to see the immense following Tim has and just how well the other distress ink pads sell to know they would be wanted by so many artists!! Perhaps Ranger might have done some sort of an interest survey to estimate demand prior to manufacturing to ascertain the quantity needed. While that might have blown the surprise, the bigger surprise to many of us is that we can't get the pads that we were teased about owning!

In these difficult economic times, many of us have had to put a lot of our "wishes" on hold or select products that we know are both economical and versatile. Offering a product that is touted as the "missing links" in the distress ink palette and then NOT offering re-inkers either enough of these pads and the reinkers to replenish them is just bad business, poor planning and it is so unfair to a public that adores Tim and all his gives to us.

Ranger owes it to its customers- the ones who continue to buy its products despite the economic hardship we are all enduring - to manufacture the reinkers for these pads and to make them available to everyone soon. We should not have to wait one year to replenish an ink pad nor should be have to pay the same $18 over again.
I agree!!
In addition to your comments the burden this is placing on small businesses is awful. Most stand on their heads to keep their customers happy. Many have just a few people handling everything.

I got a lengthy email from Creative Play Stamps apologizing for this fiasco.
On his site he has a "notify me" feature when something is in stock.

He said even though this was a limited edition set he had been led to believe he could order as many sets as he needed in September. Now he finds even with a second run he can't get enough for even half of his customers who wanted them . He is "personally" notifying every person on the list who wanted these . When he gets more in he will fill orders by the date they left a "notify me" message. He has closed the notify me feature for this product.

These are time consuming tasks he should not need to do.

I am sure this will be true for LSS too . Which of their loyal customers do they tell that they were not able to order enough to fill the orders for everyone on the waiting list?

Ranger messed up big time on this one.
Die Cut Diva

Lots of companies do "limited" editions. I didn't stop buying peanut M&Ms just because the coconut ones where limited. LOL

Vic
Duchess of CBCs

great info.
Embossing Fanatic

BUT THEY ARE NOT LIMITED EDITION!!! TIM HOLTZ SAID ON HIS BLOG THAT THESE SAME PADS WILL BE RELEASED NEXT FALL- SO MAKE THE REINKERS!!!
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by agovernaleView Post
BUT THEY ARE NOT LIMITED EDITION!!! TIM HOLTZ SAID ON HIS BLOG THAT THESE SAME PADS WILL BE RELEASED NEXT FALL- SO MAKE THE REINKERS!!!
I agree, there really isn't a good reason to not make the reinkers. They could always wait until the demand for the sets dies down and then issue the reinkers.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson

Last edited by ceramicat1; 09-22-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

I totally misunderstood.. I thought that these were the ones for this year and next year there would be others.. I'm not paying $18 for three ink pads.. I'll find something similar and be happy with that.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Kookie Creator

I lOVE these colors, but decided not to even get them because there would be no re-inkers. That part did not even make sense to me. I remember reading that he will bring out some more limited editions for the winter season. Hopefully Ranger has learned something from this fiasco. I have every single color of distress inks and that is only because I can get the reinkers for them.
Crimping Master

I love two of the colours but I don't want to purchase them if no reinkers are available. I find that I'm just my distress inks a lot these days for backgrounds etc. and it uses a lot of ink---I don't want to pay $$ for something that can't be reused.

I've also heard they are selling at higher prices than the regular inks which makes them even less appealing. Since I don't think I'll use at least one of the colours it makes each pad even more expensive for a "one time" use product.

At first I was kinda wondering if the "limited edition" inks were accidents that they created during production.--Instead of dumping the off colours that weren't quite right, they would package them with new names and be able salvage the lots. However I guess that's not the case since they are making more LOL!

As as aside, I'm starting to hate the fact that our culture is becoming more and more disposable every day. With so many products these days it's cheaper to buy a new one than fix an old one. I'm trying to support and buy products that can be refilled/reused/repaired before products that you throw out and buy more. OK, rant over
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer RView Post
I love two of the colours but I don't want to purchase them if no reinkers are available. I find that I'm just my distress inks a lot these days for backgrounds etc. and it uses a lot of ink---I don't want to pay $$ for something that can't be reused.

I've also heard they are selling at higher prices than the regular inks which makes them even less appealing. Since I don't think I'll use at least one of the colours it makes each pad even more expensive for a "one time" use product.

At first I was kinda wondering if the "limited edition" inks were accidents that they created during production.--Instead of dumping the off colours that weren't quite right, they would package them with new names and be able salvage the lots. However I guess that's not the case since they are making more LOL!

As as aside, I'm starting to hate the fact that our culture is becoming more and more disposable every day. With so many products these days it's cheaper to buy a new one than fix an old one. I'm trying to support and buy products that can be refilled/reused/repaired before products that you throw out and buy more. OK, rant over
I thought the same thing. I'm not convinced that isn't actually the truth. Then when people started buying them out, they mixed more. Which clearly indicates they COULD make and sell the reinkers.

I wonder if you could take the current reinkers and mix a solution to match these new colors.

― Spider Robinson
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh I am so glad others are annoyed by this.

LOVE distress inks and was hoping for more colors but I'm protesting this decision by not buying. And 3 more coming out for the holidays.

no thanks. I'm not spending that much for inks without reinkers that I can never buy again.

I can live with the current crop of colors....
Pearl-ExPert

I totally agree with agovernale previous post & I even sent an email to Ranger to express my opinion.

I understand the marketing aspect of it...limited edition, limited supply..run, don't walk to purchase, but I'm not investing up to $22.00 (includ tax/shipping) for 3 ink pads that have NO reinkers!

I also mentioned to Ranger that we use our reinkers not just for refreshing the pads but for making sprays in our mini mister with Perfect Pearls & for dying pieces of ribbon & fabric.

I love Tim's products but with my shrinking craft budget, I don't see the value in getting this set without the reinkers.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Hugs.
Stazon Splitcoast

The only one I'm mad at is MYSELF...for not stopping to think about the absence of reinkers. It honestly didn't even register that they weren't available. I can be SUCH a schmutz sometimes...
Stazon Splitcoast

May I suggest that those of you who would like the reinkers, leave a comment on the Ranger Blog (linked above in post #4) like I did? Yes, I bought the ink pads (I was in search of a different shade of brown and this is by far my favorite, right there in line with Vintage Photo). Yes, I think that no reinkers stinks. BUT! I was hoping that maybe enough demand for them would make Ranger rethink the reinkers.

Hope springs eternal.....leave a comment where Ranger will notice!! SCS is a great place to voice opinions...but let's go straight to the source!! I NEED the reinkers, LOL!!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel so lucky my BFF works at The Inkpad in NYC. She's going to pick me up a set (they have a few left). My job leaves very little time for shopping so I'd probably have missed out otherwise (not a fan of online shopping ... always end up spending too much money)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

tina who works @ the inkpad-i love that store!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

I hopped on to Stampers Anonymous and ordered... they came in todays mail... cant wait to play!!!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Maybe when they release them next year again they will release limited re-inkers, I saw them at my LLS yesterday and grabbed them, I had a 10% off of everything and a 45% off of the most expensive item Which was not them I bought some justrite spellbinders lol
Hardware Hotshot

I wasn't going to buy these.. but when the lady from a local stamp store called today to tell me that they were in.. I figured what the heck. I've never refilled a distress ink pad.. or any other ink pads for that matter other than Stampin' UP! ones. I know that she doesn't get much traffic at her store and I really do enjoy shopping there for things that I cannot find at the big box stores... I picked up a new die and some papers while I was there too. ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~