Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricutmachine and Diecutcentral?

Anyone know if these are the same company?
My husband was trying to order some carts from Cricutmachine for christmas but couldn't get the order to go through because it wouldn't accept our province (Can.) as correct in the mailing address, he tried again the following day following instructions from Cricutmachine's help desk, but again no luck. Now a week later there are 2 charges for over $250 each on our credit card to DieCutCentral, yet neither of us ordered anything from such a site (never even heard of it) and he has already gone ahead and placed an order with OhMYCrafts for the same items because he knew I had good luck/service with them in the past.....YIKES, so now I am going to end up with 3 of the same carts.....and way too much money wasted in the process unless we can get this sorted...
Step 1: Are they the same company?
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, checking the FAQ on their site: CricutMachine.com

Q: If using my credit card, what company name will the charge be under?
A: The charges to a credit card will appear under the name KS Marketing, Inc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gabfest Goddess

Doesn't sound like they are - you should probably dispute the charges with your credit card company right away.
Embossing Fanatic

I just ordered from Cricutmachine.com this past Saturday, and I checked my PayPal account, and it says "CricutMachine.com/DieCutCentral" with the correct amount that I paid. Not sure if that helps or not! :???:
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered from cricutmachine.com and paid with credit card. It showed up on my credit card as diecutcentral too. So, you might want to call them and cancel your order. Thanks.
Insane Embellisher

Im almost sure I read somewhere that yes they are the same company. I also thought I read they were owned by provocraft, but dont quote me on that one lol. AND I have been reading people have had problems with Cricutmachine and credit cards being charged for stuff they didnt buy!!! Frauds, once they made their purchases
Swapper of the Month - June 2013

When I have emailed them they have responed with in an hour or two. They are the same.
Embossing Fanatic

Even more interesting, my husband just logged in to his cricutmachine account and it says "You have not yet made any purchases" under his order history......awfully suspicious, he contacted MCard and they gave him advice/instructions on how to dispute the charges, so I told him to print this page from cricutmachine to go along with the disputed charge form. I have learned my lesson and definetley won't order from this site or suggest that anyone else order from it, I'll stick to OhMyCrafts, service has been great every time even if shipping is slow
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I placed an order last wednesday from this site. This wednesday, I sent them an email, as my order still showed "processing". They replied late that evening with"we didn't process orders after 9pm friday night until Monday at 6 am. Well, it is now friday, and my order still shows processing. I did reply back to them yesterday, but they have not replied back to me. I amhoping to get my gypsy. I used my "debit" card, as I don't have a credit card. Nothing I can do now. Don't call them, cause their message says they are all in the warehouse packing orders and to just email them, as it is faster.
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm sorry to hear all the trouble that people are having. I placed an order with them on Black Friday and I was amazed to see that it was in our PO box when we went to the US today. I think it was delivered yesterday. I couldn't have hoped for better service. So I hope all of you get your problems resolved to your satisfaction.
Pearl-ExPert

They are the same company. I believe they are both owned by Provo Craft. I ordered from them a week or so ago and have heard nothing about my order. I would call them and find out what the H*** is going on.

If your order show processing copy and paste the usps tracking number at the bottom of your order page and see where it is in the system. Mine will be here tomorrow. They don't have great customer service, I know I won't buy from them again.
Embossing Fanatic

Charges now totalling over $2500, and no orders showing on Cricut Machine's site.....
Insane Embellisher

Wow, thats awful!! So sorry to hear about all the problems with Cricutmachine.com
I was sooo tempted to order from them because the cartridges were only 17.95. I almost did, thinking "oh it will be ok and maybe I will get it fast", but at the last minute I thought "dont be stupid, listen to what all the ladies are saying that was/is happening to them and their orders, DONT do it!!" So for once I listened to me, and you and I ordered instead from Oh My Crafts for 19.99 (just a few dollars more), on 11/29, and received my cartridges today!!!
Way to go OH MY CRAFTS!!!
Embossing Fanatic

Just got off the phone with Jenni at KS Marketing and she was an absolute sweetheart, she located the charges and refunded them for me (even though I was calling on behalf of my husband), she was very apologetic and helpful! So glad to finally have this resolved. I think I would take my chances and order from them in the future, but I would try a small order, use Paypal and I would definetley call if the order wouldn't go through before attempting the order a second time (lessons learned, but their prices are amazing)
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I finally received my Gypsy today. However, it was preloaded with a lot more carts than what they stated. I sent an email - they don't answer the phone - as I think this is used.

Am on the phone - on hold - with Provo Craft to see if they can check the serial #, or have some info for me.
Rubber Obsessor

I have ordered from Cricutmachine.com several times. I did have a delay on the black friday sale but everything arrived just a few days longer than expected. My other orders have all been shipped quickly. I think they just had more responses than they planned on with the sale and got backlogged a bit. My card has always been processed correctly. For me the great price is worth a day or two of extra waiting.
Embossing Fanatic

All charges have now been reversed. For anyone who was concerned about shopping from here because of this post, I'd gladly (try to) purchase from here again, their prices were great and Customer Service was great when I finally reached someone
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am glad everything works out for you. What is their shipping rates like to Canada? Do they send through UPS? Btw, I LOVE you location! lol
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
Well, I finally received my Gypsy today. However, it was preloaded with a lot more carts than what they stated. I sent an email - they don't answer the phone - as I think this is used.

Am on the phone - on hold - with Provo Craft to see if they can check the serial #, or have some info for me.
Your gypsy comes with all the current cartridges in place. But only the ones that show green are the ones you can cut from. As you add the cartridges from your collection they will appear green as you scroll through them.

My life in a blogshell

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground the devil say's "Oh Crap, she's up!"
Stazon Splitcoast

You need to update your gypsy with the computer frequently. There are new updates now.

I found it very helpful to print out the user manual and use it to learn about the gypsy step by step

My life in a blogshell

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground the devil say's "Oh Crap, she's up!"
Compulsive Stamper

I've had great luck and better prices getting carts from EBay and the service has been great and the carts are in their original packaging, unopened. It's been great. Got them for under $15.00.
Compulsive Stamper

Got some Cuttlebug embossing folders from OH My Crafts from EBay and they were great!
Quick service, no issues and original packaging and shipping wasn't too bad either!
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmelView Post
Anyone know if these are the same company?
My husband was trying to order some carts from Cricutmachine for christmas but couldn't get the order to go through because it wouldn't accept our province (Can.) as correct in the mailing address, he tried again the following day following instructions from Cricutmachine's help desk, but again no luck. Now a week later there are 2 charges for over $250 each on our credit card to DieCutCentral, yet neither of us ordered anything from such a site (never even heard of it) and he has already gone ahead and placed an order with OhMYCrafts for the same items because he knew I had good luck/service with them in the past.....YIKES, so now I am going to end up with 3 of the same carts.....and way too much money wasted in the process unless we can get this sorted...
Step 1: Are they the same company?
Hi there, Not sure if they are the same company or not but since you used your credit card you should be ble to dispute the original charges with your credit card company. You'll want to do this sooner than later expecially if you don't recieve the product. As a bank trainer I can assure you, your credit card company can help you resolve this. Hope this helps.