Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone plan a get together and let us know. I'll try to be there. I must warn you though, I'm more of a scrapper than a stamper.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

Stay tuned, there will be a shoebox swap in October in Lancaster. I am trying to get the date together, but the location is my church on Columbia Avenue in Lancaster, right off the Centerville exit.

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

There is a fantastic rubber stamp store in Milmont, PA - at the lady's farm - Nora's Rubber Stamps. She is amazing, and her prices are little over wholesale!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

unfortunately I'm closer to upstate NY than I am to the PA gatherings... wish gas wasn't so high!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh No, I'm so sad to hear RubberBuggy is closing! They carried so many unique rubber stamps that one could never find anywhere else. The owner had just relocated from her tiny garage in her home last summer to gain more space! It's sad to see something so fabulous go bellyup, especially with the high demand for rubber stamps! Everytime I went to Lancaster I looked forward to stopping in to buy new stamps, boo hoo:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #46  
Cardstock Collector

Just thought I'd post another Stamp Store in PA that I like, but don't get there very often. She is expanding and I can't wait to see it when finished.
The name is Stampin' Station and it is located in Greencastle, PA. She is listed in some of the stamping magazines.

I've also been to the one in Littlestown PA and to Stampede in York PA.

I'm in York Co. PA...nice to read about all the other stampers in PA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone know of any stamp or scrapbook stores in the Harrisburg/Camp Hill area? Even Mechanicsburg??

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Jen would be a good one to answer that question, shes kind of over by that area. Well closer, to York. Right, Jen? And thank you Jen for jumping in to answer the next get-together question. We've gotten together twice now, and the next get together will be in the fall. We're trying for four a year. Each time we have more people come and we have a great time! It's such an awesome group of gals that gets together. I seriously miss them all in the time in between. So watch the Get-It-Together forum! Jen has been gracious enough to offer to host/organize the next get together to give me a break and to open it up to more people from the western side of things.

Julie- How do you live in honeybrook, exton, blue ball, etc.. What are you doing girl!? Driving the amish around for a living? I think I might be the closest one to you, I'm in Exeter along with Mary (merrymstamper) who is also in Exeter (outside of Reading).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Ok, I sent the listing to everyone who PM'd me with their email address. There were several people who didn't put in their email address. So if you PM'd me and you don't have it by tomorrow morning, YOU NEED TO GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. It makes doing this so much simpler, and so I don't have to spend all night pm'ing and emailing. I mean I do like sleeping some too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was also saddened and disappointed to read about Rubberbuggy- I saw the news several days ago on Kris' blog.

Too bad- it was a really nice store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
Does anyone know of any stamp or scrapbook stores in the Harrisburg/Camp Hill area? Even Mechanicsburg??
I don't know of anything in this area, the only "art" store is Dick Blick, but they don't carry stamping stuff, just art supplies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:53 AM   #52  
Mad Swapper

I sent out the last batch of requests for the file. I still got several people that did not include their email address. I have a feeling people are just skimming my original message and rushing to send a PM. So I've modified that post, but if there is anyone who asked for it last night/this morning and doesn't have it by tonight, SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR EMAIL. I mean seriously that's all I can do, I have no way to attach the file to a PM. Sigh. Thank goodness it's Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:07 AM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiPView Post
Jen would be a good one to answer that question, shes kind of over by that area. Well closer, to York. Right, Jen? And thank you Jen for jumping in to answer the next get-together question. We've gotten together twice now, and the next get together will be in the fall. We're trying for four a year. Each time we have more people come and we have a great time! It's such an awesome group of gals that gets together. I seriously miss them all in the time in between. So watch the Get-It-Together forum! Jen has been gracious enough to offer to host/organize the next get together to give me a break and to open it up to more people from the western side of things.

Julie- How do you live in honeybrook, exton, blue ball, etc.. What are you doing girl!? Driving the amish around for a living? I think I might be the closest one to you, I'm in Exeter along with Mary (merrymstamper) who is also in Exeter (outside of Reading).
LOL!! I live in Honey Brook. Work in Downingtown. but frequent Exton (Shopping), Blue Ball (SU! Stamp Club), those are just my areas of frequency. But will travel for stamp get togethers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
oh wow! I just noticed there is a stamp store on Mill Street in Danville! My son goes to Geisinger Medical down there all the time!
That scrapbook store is closed, but if you wanna come a little further west a new one opened in Lewisburg, near Bucknell University... let me know if you want more info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Have you been to Stamp Express in Lemoyne, or Times to Remember in Hershey? And was it already posted here or on another thread (I can't remember!) - a poster mentioned a new store in Hummlestown called Fancy That.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #56  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachie_177View Post
There is a fantastic rubber stamp store in Milmont, PA - at the lady's farm - Nora's Rubber Stamps. She is amazing, and her prices are little over wholesale!
Is Milmont South of Philly near I-95? (My apologies if that is way incorrect!) Do you have any info about the place you can post? I'd certainly add it to my list of stores to check out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #57  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstudio29View Post
Stay tuned, there will be a shoebox swap in October in Lancaster. I am trying to get the date together, but the location is my church on Columbia Avenue in Lancaster, right off the Centerville exit.
Woo hoo! Something to look forward to! (Are you going to bring your eclair dessert??!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycatView Post
Have you been to Stamp Express in Lemoyne, or Times to Remember in Hershey? And was it already posted here or on another thread (I can't remember!) - a poster mentioned a new store in Hummlestown called Fancy That.
Thank you so much, this is awesome!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm the one who sent Brandi the .pdf of the Amish stores. If you need specific directions without doing google, just PM me and ask. They are easy to find, but off the beaten path, so the drive to the stores is beautiful. None of that heavy traffic on Rte. 30 to contend with unless you head out to Gap.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooterView Post
Just thought I'd post another Stamp Store in PA that I like, but don't get there very often. She is expanding and I can't wait to see it when finished.
The name is Stampin' Station and it is located in Greencastle, PA. She is listed in some of the stamping magazines.

I've also been to the one in Littlestown PA and to Stampede in York PA.

I'm in York Co. PA...nice to read about all the other stampers in PA

I love going to Stampin' Station. Her stuff is so beautiful and I just love the matching punches with her stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope I can come up for the SBS in the fall. Missed the other two since we already had plans. Also, I have SBS down here in Baltimore, and Brandi and a few others have carpooled down for those. Next one is in August if you are interested - just watch the Get it Together forum mid-July for the post.

I sure hope I can make the October one up there. Keeping my fingers crossed! And I hope it's a nice weekend, so DH and I can camp - he can go to disc golf and I can stamp!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Is Milmont South of Philly near I-95? (My apologies if that is way incorrect!) Do you have any info about the place you can post? I'd certainly add it to my list of stores to check out!
You are just a smidge off but it's okay, PA is a big state! Nora's is just outside of Mifflinburg on Rt. 45 going west towards State College. Her hours are Thurs. Friday & Sat. 9-5. If you are going to travel to Lewisburg to visit the new store Mangomama mentioned it would only be another 10 minute drive.

Mangomama, what is the name of the new store and where is it located? My family lives in Lewisburg & Mifllinburg and I can't believe they did NOT tell me about it!!! Maybe they are trying to help my DH out by keeping it a secret!;)

There is another small Amish stamp store in Rebersburg, towards State College were I live but I think Nora's has a little better variety and lots more embellishments.

Happy stamping ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #63  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie12775View Post
I'm in Downingtown, Honey Brook, Exton, Blue Ball area
Blue Ball, now there's a town I haven't thought about in a long while, also the town of Intercourse! People laugh, but it still does exist, right? I used to live in Bird-in-Hand, practically across the street from Reese's Metal Products, if that even still exists. Our landlords had a flower & gift shop with a nice fruit stand in the summer. They were Mennonite and her maiden name was Reese.

I rememeber....Roots Auction, the Green Dragon, etc. Oh and the farmer's market catty corner from Watt & Shands in downtown Lancaster. I used to roller skate at the roller rink at the shopping mall. It closed & the pro opened one in another location. I remember while skating, looking up and seeing the shoppers upstairs looking down through the plexiglass at all the skaters.

I'm REALLY homesick now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #64  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinCityLadyView Post
Blue Ball, now there's a town I haven't thought about in a long while, also the town of Intercourse! People laugh, but it still does exist, right? I used to live in Bird-in-Hand, practically across the street from Reese's Metal Products, if that even still exists. Our landlords had a flower & gift shop with a nice fruit stand in the summer. They were Mennonite and her maiden name was Reese.

I rememeber....Roots Auction, the Green Dragon, etc. Oh and the farmer's market catty corner from Watt & Shands in downtown Lancaster. I used to roller skate at the roller rink at the shopping mall. It closed & the pro opened one in another location. I remember while skating, looking up and seeing the shoppers upstairs looking down through the plexiglass at all the skaters.

I'm REALLY homesick now!
Those towns are all still there, and people still laugh, and make jokes at the names. Green Dragon is a must for most on Fridays. I haven't been in years. My friend's parents have a stand at Roots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #65  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjf&cjfsmommyView Post
You are just a smidge off but it's okay, PA is a big state! Nora's is just outside of Mifflinburg on Rt. 45 going west towards State College. Her hours are Thurs. Friday & Sat. 9-5. If you are going to travel to Lewisburg to visit the new store Mangomama mentioned it would only be another 10 minute drive.
Just a smidge! Ha ha! Darn mapquest and state of Pennsylvania for having more than one town with the same name! Thanks for clarifying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #66  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think we are going to lose ALL of our stores unless we support them. I buy over the internet sometimes but I LOVE LSS for the classes and I try to be as supportive of them as I can be. . .

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Woo hoo! Something to look forward to! (Are you going to bring your eclair dessert??!!)
maybe???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #68  
Gallery Gazer

I went to L & L in Ephrata/Denver today...its my 2nd time there, that place is dangerous for my budget

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I went to L & L in Ephrata/Denver today...its my 2nd time there, that place is dangerous for my budget
I'll have to take a day off work to try that one out if it's that good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachie_177View Post
Peachie...

I know Nora! That store is so hilarious! It is stuffed FULL of stamps & things.

Small world, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjf&cjfsmommyView Post
Mangomama, what is the name of the new store and where is it located? My family lives in Lewisburg & Mifllinburg and I can't believe they did NOT tell me about it!!! Maybe they are trying to help my DH out by keeping it a secret!;)
It is the Scrapbook Lady (original, huh?) and she has a GRAND OPENING tomorrow. She opened about 8 months ago on rt. 15 in Winfield, and got such a great response she is already upgrading location & size! She is adding a room for alterables, as well as a huge crop room, themed rooms... I am so happy for her - and me

Her new location is just south of Bucknell University on the corner of rt 15 & River Road in Lewisburg (use to be Elderberry Cottage).

If you are around tomorrow, stop in! I am doing a Scor-Pal demonstration during the day!

The phone number of the store is 524-2665
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sure is Mangomomma - we seem to be in close proximity! I may see you tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh my gosh, Green Dragon and Roots is still operating! Way cool as my 9 yo nephew would say.

Lucky you don't live in Montana - the closest decent store to me is a 6 hour drive (To Billings, MT), unless you count Scrapbooker's paradise in Canada! - 2 hours and can't spend too much or you have to pay a duty tax!

The U.S. border guard the last time ask where we'd been, what we purchased and laughed when I told him stamping supplies. "You drove all the way to Lethbridge?????" Spokane probably has some stores, we're only 5.5 hours from there.....

Michaels and JoAnnes is 112 miles one way and most of the time, don't have much in the way of stamping stuff, cuttlebug, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #74  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie12775View Post
I'll have to take a day off work to try that one out if it's that good.
she is starting to get some new things in, she has most of the CB folders for $3.25 with the new ones on order. I got 2 sets of the spirabilities nesties for $16.95 each, she has stickles for $1.25, also a great place to buy a box of envies. her stamps are reasonably priced she has lots of saying, some house mouse, penny black, thomas kincade and some other brands. its a little disorganized, but worth going through!!! she is very nice

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

she is starting to get some new things in, she has most of the CB folders for $3.25 with the new ones on order. I got 2 sets of the spirabilities nesties for $16.95 each, she has stickles for $1.25, also a great place to buy a box of envies. her stamps are reasonably priced she has lots of saying, some house mouse, penny black, thomas kincade and some other brands. its a little disorganized, but worth going through!!! she is very nice
Sounds wonderful, I'll definitely have to make a day of it. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #76  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by peachie_177
Peachie...

I know Nora! That store is so hilarious! It is stuffed FULL of stamps & things.

Small world, isn't it?

I love Nora's! We are originally from that area. My in-laws know her personally. She has great prices!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #77  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangomommaView Post
It is the Scrapbook Lady (original, huh?) and she has a GRAND OPENING tomorrow. She opened about 8 months ago on rt. 15 in Winfield, and got such a great response she is already upgrading location & size! She is adding a room for alterables, as well as a huge crop room, themed rooms... I am so happy for her - and me

Her new location is just south of Bucknell University on the corner of rt 15 & River Road in Lewisburg (use to be Elderberry Cottage).

If you are around tomorrow, stop in! I am doing a Scor-Pal demonstration during the day!

The phone number of the store is 524-2665

Wow- I'll have to stop next time I'm in the area!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #78  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
oh wow! I just noticed there is a stamp store on Mill Street in Danville! My son goes to Geisinger Medical down there all the time!

Double check the location before you go....I am thinking the store moved???
We used to stop there when we went to Geisinger too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #79  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinCityLadyView Post
Oh my gosh, Green Dragon and Roots is still operating! Way cool as my 9 yo nephew would say.

Lucky you don't live in Montana - the closest decent store to me is a 6 hour drive (To Billings, MT), unless you count Scrapbooker's paradise in Canada! - 2 hours and can't spend too much or you have to pay a duty tax!

The U.S. border guard the last time ask where we'd been, what we purchased and laughed when I told him stamping supplies. "You drove all the way to Lethbridge?????" Spokane probably has some stores, we're only 5.5 hours from there.....

Michaels and JoAnnes is 112 miles one way and most of the time, don't have much in the way of stamping stuff, cuttlebug, etc.
You must do a lot of online shopping! I would if I lived that far away from Michaels/Joann, that's just insane! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #80  
Glitter Guru

Default There used to be...

Quote:

a scrapbooking store in Lemoyne near the JoAnne's. I was only in it once and it was about 4 years ago, so first, I'm not sure if they are still there and 2nd, I can't remember what all they had!
Reply With Quote Likes