My last granddaughter, who was five just two days after the three-year old, needed a birthday card as well. As I said for the three-year old birthday card, all three of my granddaughter's love unicorns! Not to disappoint any of my granddaughters, this Grandma needed to make a unicorn pop-up box for Callie as well! Callie's favorite color is purple, so a purple rainbow unicorn card was an absolute MUST! Finding purple rainbow paper was a challenge, but I finally found one stashed in my computer digital paper downloads, and I was ready to get it done!
Since this was my third rainbow unicorn card, and I did not need to create a new design, this card went together very fast. I know that Callie will be delighted with her card, especially since both girls will be celebrating their birthdays together with a unicorn theme.
In checking out possible challenge to fit or touches I might add to make this card meet SCS challenges, I found 14, and they are listed below:
1) WORD0322 - Fan Club Monthly Challenge--March 2022/ Gone With the Wind - 3/15/22. Central Theme Challenge: feature anything that might blow away or float in the air, such as balloons, etc. My card is for the WORD Challenge...GUST. My first letter elements are: G=grass, green, glitter; U=unicorn, under-layers; S=scallops, sentiment, sun, sparkly; T=texture (sandpaper-like glitter paper), two-loop bow, tape (double-sided).
2) AOCC22 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ March 2022 - 3/1/22. Card needed for March granddaughter's birthday...made and delivery on time!
3) USEIT2022 - Use It Challenge/ March 2022 - 3/1/22. An ongoing/ annual challenge that requires you to use OLD/ DUSTY and long unused items and/or OLD/NEW items purchased, never used, and seemingly forgotten! OLD/ NEW: Dandelionery (Etsy)--Watercolor Unicorns Digital Paper Pack dsp #081.
4) FS783 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Can't Have Too Many Roses - 2/6/22...Rose Reynolds gallery. Rose had several Pop-Up Box cards, but this one, Thankful Forest Friends Card in a Box! really caught my eye. I loved the colorful animal scene, grassy outdoor theme and that it was a great card for children. I kept the children's colorful animal scene and the grassy outdoor theme, but my animal is a mythical unicorn, my colors are summery, rather than fall, and it's a birthday card, not a thank you.
5) MMJ122 - Messy, Mixed & Joyful Challenge/ January Prompts - 1/1/22. Challenge: use 1 or more of following prompts: a sticker, a book page (or part of), color blue, something with holes, a staple(s). Bonus: Add a stenciled BG. My card uses a sticker sun, and blue layering, blue star balloon, and blue rainbow stripe. I did not go for the bonus stenciling.
6) ABC16C3 - Alphabet Challenge/ Colorful - 12/1/21. My card is full of colors!
7) IC775 - Inspiration Challenge/ Eyelet Outlet - 10/10/20. I found inspiration in these colorful Pony Brads! though my "pony" became a mythical unicorn pony as I needed a children's birthday card and unicorns were the party theme.
WT804 - Ways to Use It/ Inside Out! - 8/6/20. Challenge: Decorate the inside of your card and show the inside. My card is a Pop-Up Box card, and when opened the entire inside pops up!
9) CAS590 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Pop-It Up! - 6/15/20. Challenge: Pop-Up an element on your card; do a little or a lot. My entire card is a Pop-Up Box with lots of pop-ups!
10) F4A524 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Walking on Sunshine - 3/6/20. Challenge: Add a sun or yellow rays to your card. One of my pop-up elements is a sun!
11) MIX367 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Have a Heart - 2/7/20. Challenge: a mixed media card with a heart; bonus = fancy fold. My card has a balloon heart and is a Pop-Up box fancy fold. Mediums: glitter (clouds, rainbow and sunshine), Copic markers (enhancing balloons, rainbow sentiment, and gem colors), and computer ink (digital dsp).
12) S2S19W - Stamp 2 Save Challenge (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Smile Power - 6/13/19. A monthly challenge originally to make cards to earn credit to purchase more stamping products, but evolved into a place to fulfill the monthly challenge, make friends and support one another. My card has smiles on the dsp clouds, the pop-up clouds, and the unicorn.
13) MMTPT509 - Teapot Challenge/ Surely You Jest! - 4/24/18. Challenge: Show tomfoolery, monkey business, horseplay and general foolishness. My card depicts foolish dreams that there is a fantasyland where all your wishes and dreams can come true...like unicorns, balloons, rainbows, smiley clouds with cute eyelashes, and lots of March sun come to your party to wish you a fun and happy birthday!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Papers--Tempting Turquoise, Gorgeous Grape, Basic White cs; White Glimmer (unicorn). Punches--2-1/2" Circle, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle, and 2" Circle. Other: Papers--Dandelionery (Etsy)-Watercolor Unicorns Digital Paper Pack #081 (background color depth enhanced) + April 2021 Paper Pumpkin "So Cool" sun sticker (color enhanced). Dies--Cottage Cutz/ Sweet Unicorns; Savvy happy birthday die; Lawn Fawn--Grassy Hillside Borders, Party Balloons. Rainbow Duct Tape; Copic marker (color sun); Impress Cards & Crafts: fine white glitter. Glimmer scraps (unicorn, carrot, sentiment). Size: 4-3/4 x 6 inches.
Registered: December 30, 2017 Location: arizona Posts: 950
Fri, May 13, 2022 @ 8:57 AM
Hello and THIS IS SUPER FUN CARD! I will go directly to your blog, as I have a couple of young girls who would just go crazy to receive this card. TFS and inspiring me today : ) also, thanks for the kind comment on my, Rainbow umbrella /gorjuss doll stamped on my used TeaBag, card. It was fun to hear from you and a card that is older sometimes just goes out of my mind.
thanks and enjoy your day, hope it's wonderful and COLORFUL! Teresa
------------------------------ Teresa in AZ
"my idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance" Erma Bombeck