One of my Splitcoaststamper friends recently lost her mother, and I wanted to send her a sympathy card in the hope of bringing her some comfort in knowing that her cardmaking friends are thinking about her and sending lots of prayers.
I had a Splitcoaststamper challenge I needed to complete that required a clean and simple style card, using only a small percentage of the front card surface. Now, this is really a challenge for me since clean and simple is definitely not my style, though I often like cards others have done that feature this style. I would certainly agree that it works well for a sympathy card; therefore, I thought I'd give it a go.
To help finalize my card design, I did some research for other possible challenges that my card might meet if I tweak my design a bit. I found a total of 18 challenges that would work. They are listed below:
1) CT0222 - Fan Club Monthly Theme - March 2022/ Gone With the Wind - 3/15/22. Challenge: Feature wind, weather, bubbles, bubble gum, balloons, birds, umbrellas...anything that might blow away or float in the air. My card focus is a bird.
2) AOCC22 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ March 2022 - 3/1/22. An ongoing/monthly challenge that encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to help you complete and mail your cards more timely! This is a much needed sympathy card for an SCS friend whose mother passed away in late February.
3) TSBT722 - Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #7/ Spring (by Heartsong47) - 3/1/22. Monthly challenges created by fellow bus passengers to hone their crafting skills. Tour passengers have become great crafting friends while chatting and supporting one another on their journey.
4) USEIT2022 - Use It Challenge/ March 2022 - 3/1/22. An ongoing/ annual challenge that requires you to use OLD/ DUSTY and long unused items and/or OLD/NEW items purchased, never used, and seemingly forgotten! OLD item(s): Flourish Thinlit die bought in 2016...not used since 2018. OLD/NEW item: Best Birds stamps purchased in 2016. I finally opened the package and used it for the first time!
5) MAR22VSNMINI1 - Virtual Stamp Night--"In A Word" - 2/18/22. This was a real challenge for me as it required using a style that I find very difficult because it is so different than my norm.
6) SC893 - Sketch Challenge - 2/16/22. I've tweaked the sketch a little, in that I moved the circle from center toward the top to near the bottom and left of center, plus I've added a sentiment fishtail.
7) MMJ222 - Messy, Mixed & Joyful Challenge/ February Prompts- 2/1/22. Challenge: prompts are 2 or more of the following...something yellow, paint chip sample, something heavy, something round (i.e.,circles) and a number. Bonus: fussy-cutting. I chose yellow and round or circles and the bonus as my bird is fussy-cut. Mediums used: dye-based ink for blending sky circle, Copic markers for bird coloring, Wink of Stella/ Clear for more shimmer on the bird.
ABC16B2 - Alphabet Challenge/ B = Birds - 11/17/21.
9) S2S21NOV - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Sponging, Brayering, Blending - 11/5/21. A monthly challenge originally to make cards to earn credit to purchase more stamping products, but evolved into a place to fulfill the monthly challenge, make friends and support one another. Challenge: make a card with sponging, brayering or blending. I opened my new Blending Brushes and blended the ink on the bird's circular background, creating a sunrise sky.
10) MMTPT670 - Teapot Challenge/ Country Birds - 5/25/21. This challenge is a SCS share. As I'm late to the party, I'm sharing my card is a sympathy care for Sally Merla, CraftyMerla, whose mother just past in late February.
11) IC772 - Inspiration Challenge/ Soft Surroundings - 9/19/20. I was inspired by the soft pastels in this top: Demetre Tank!
12) FS697 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Daisystampinator - 6/14/20. I was looking for a clean and simple design that I might be able to CASE as that is not my typical style. I found these two card that provided inspiration and fed my creative mojo: Happy Mother's Day Card! and Bret's Birthday! I kept the layout and bird theme from the first card and the blended circle background idea from the other. I changed my theme as I needed a sympathy card and my color scheme is changed to fit a feminine sympathy card.
13) CAS586 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Drips, Splats or Splatters - 5/18/20. Challenge: add some drips, splats, or splatters to your card. I have added splatters by flicking a fine paint brush.
14) CC791 - Color Challenge/ Delight in the Mambo and Calypso - 5/12/20. Challenge: use Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Calypso Coral on your card.
15) MIX372 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Supply Dash! - 3/13/20. Challenge: in one minute, grab 2 or more mixed media supplies to use on your card. I've grabbed ink pads, Copic markers, and Wink of Stella. Mediums used: dye-based ink for blending, Copic Markers for coloring, Wink of Stella/ Clear to add some sparkle, and computer ink for sentiment and verse.
16) WT782 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Sympathy Cards - 3/5/20. Make a few for your stash or as needed.
17) F4A509 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Mornings - 11/22/19. Challenge: create something that you love about mornings. I love the colors of a morning sunrise, which I've created in the circle BG for my bird.
1 TLC738 - Technique Challenge/ Sunrise Background - 4/15/19. Challenge: Use ink to blend a sunrise background.
Ingredients: SU Melon Mambo cs; White Metallic Shimmer cs (Amazon); SU stamps: Best Bird (2016-201; SU dies: Flourish Thinlits (2016-2018/ trimmed); SU Inks: Daffodil Yellow, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo; Melon Mambo flicked splatters; SU punch: Curvy Corner Trio (2015-2017inside;. SU sequins: Iridescent Assortment; SU: Blending Brushes; Wink of Stella/ Clear; Chatterbox sentiment/ verse; Size: 4-1/2 x 6 inches.