This is my second Slightly Alternative Mother's Day card for my daughter-in-law, using my first Paper Pumpkin Kit...June 2020--Box of Sunshine kit pieces. For her card, I chose the gold metallic and white horizontal striped paper provided in the kit. Again, I loved the card design provided in the kit for this paper, except I like layers, and I wanted to change the sentiment, so I tweaked the original design just a bit and added two more layers and a new sentiment.
In choosing my card design, I found 14 catch-up challenges that fit. They are listed below:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ May - 5/1/21. A much needed belated Mother's Day card for my daughter-in-law.
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ May 2021. I'm breaking out two NEW/OLD stamp sets purchased in 2019...Leave a Little Sparkle and New Wonder, plus some ancient Recollections dsp.
3) ABC14Y25 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 14/Themes--Yummy - 4/14/21. My card features a yummy pineapple.
4) WT826 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Fruit - 1/7/21. My fruit is a yummy pineapple.
5) F4A562 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Food, Glorious Food! - 11/27/20. Our family loves a delicious fruit salad any day, especially one with fresh pineapple chunks, strawberries, and bananas. Sometimes we keep it simple with just a bit of orange juice for dressing, or sometimes we put a little fruited yogurt in. It is a great, refreshing salad for a summer get-together!
6) S2S20JUN - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Say Something Nice - 6/4/20. This is a Mother's Day card for my wonderful DIL. It tells my DIL to "enjoy today" and moves into the verse inside "...and every day; they are all mother's days!" It lets her know we love & appreciate her for the wonderful mother she is to our granddaugther!
FS642 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Joanne - 5/26/19. (aka kenaijo). Joanne's gallery is full of lovely cards. I chose this card to CASE: Relax and Flip Flop Out! as it led to memories of Hawaii, which led to pineapples, which led to the June 2020 PP--Box of Sunshine card parts that were waiting to do something with, which led to my DILÃ¢e(TM)s MotherÃ¢e(TM)s Day card as she loves vacationing in Hawaii. Other than keeping the Hawaiian tropical theme and the sentiment, Ã¢eoe...enjoy your day,Ã¢e my card is entirely different, though her card could be a MotherÃ¢e(TM)s Day as well!
9) CC715 - Color Challenge/ A Tranquil Twist of Gold - 11/27/18. Colors: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, and Gold Metallic. I've added neutrals: black and white.
10) MMTPT534 - Teapot Challenge/ Connections - 10/16/18. This is a challenge make-up card, so it will be for my daughter-in-law for Mother's Day. It is definitely a cheerful card, saying hello and to enjoy her day.
11) MIX268 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ It's a Date! - 3/16/18. Our first vacation away from the continental U.S. was to Hawaii back in the early 1970s! Pineapple always reminds me of Hawaii...as we lived in Hawaii during the late 1970s and had to drive through pineapple fields to come home from Honolulu! Mediums: dye stamping ink, pigment ink (edge distressing).
12) SC683 - Sketch Challenge - 2/7/18. Sketch Tweak: #2 panel elongated and represented by the pineapple. Shapes chosen: rectangles.
13) CT1217 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--December 2017/ Snow, Sand, & Stars - 12/15/17. Challenge: explore December around the world from now to sandy beach and everything in between. I used the interpretation to use polka dots as a design theme. I've added two different color and sized polka dot patterned papers. My card would be in the tropics during December where pineapples are grown.
14) CAS459 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Food Glorious Food - 12/11/17. What could be better than the perfect ripeness of a sweet pineapple!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Paper Pumpkin--June 2020/ Box of Sunshine: gold metallic/ white striped dsp, black & white dot dsp, pineapple die-cut, double-fishtail flag sentiment die-cut. Cardstock--Basic Black, Whisper White. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Other products: Stamps--Penny Black/ Sweet Wishes. Recollections--Primary Dots dsp; Bazzill Swiss Dots/ Honey Yellow. EK punch--Victorian Corners. Colorbox Chestnut Roan pigment ink (edge distressing). Stash--sequins & black enamel dots. Chatterbox computer verse. Size: 4-3/4 x 6-inches.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66691
Sat, Aug 07, 2021 @ 6:02 PM
Carlene, this pineapple is gorgeous and I love the design. Plus, I see polka dots and always love them. Speaking of Hawaii, I would love to be there right now.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda
Registered: March 30, 2008 Location: Somewhere between the Shire & Mordor! Posts: 4612
Sun, Aug 08, 2021 @ 7:21 AM
I LOVE ALL of the foiling on your card, Carlene! AND the COLOR of your pineapple too--SO PRETTY! This one is STUNNING ALSO! SUCH a NICE WAY to remember your trip! BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! <3