I wanted to use my first Paper Pumpkin Kit--June 2020--Box of Sunshine kit pieces to make Mother's Day cards for my oldest daughter. I decided to use one of the papers that look like an alcohol-inked background in brilliant red-oranges, yellow golds, yellows, and gold metallic. I loved the card design provided in the kit, except I like layers so I added a new black cardbase and a burnt orange mat layer between the base and the card front. I tweaked the stamped sun by 3/8" lower and to the right a bit closer to the center. The rest of the elements remained position as in the original according to the sun's position.
In choosing my card design, I found 13 catch-up challenges that fit. They are listed below:
1) SC853 - Sketch Challenge - 5/12/21. Sketch adjusted: I've added two additional mat layers for color. My #2 & #3 horizontal bands do not extend all the way to sides of card, but do extend beyond the #4 shape. #4 shape does not overlay #3 horizontal band.
2) CAS636 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Sun Day - 5/3/21. Challenge: put a sun on your card.
3) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ May - 5/1/21. This is a belated Mother's Day card I needed in May.
4) F4A581 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Walking on Sunshine! - 4/9/21. Challenge: be inspired by the song...my card is full of sunshine and sunshine colors!
5) FS739 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Cara Denise - 4/4/21. Cara's gallery was full of lovely cards. I chose this card: To the Moon and Back! I was drawn to its background, and since I was designing a card around the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin, I knew there was a background dsp quite similar to her. I changed my card from a moon to a sun theme and rotated its orientation to portrait. I added layers and appropriate elements for my changed theme and with some of the elements available in the kit.
6) S2S21FEB - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Sending Sunshine - 2/1/21. This is my fifth of the challenge to do five cards on this theme.
7) MMTPT652 - Teapot Challenge/ To the Orient - 1/19/21. I am playing my "Challenge Catch-up cardmaking and using this card for my daughter's belated Mother's Day celebration, but I am following the theme of the visiting the Orient as the challenge requires.
Traditional colors seen in Chinese art are red=fire; yellow=earth; black=water; blue=wood; white=metal. I have incorporated 4 of the 5 elements in my card.
CC812 - Color Challenge/ Listening to Calypso Music While Drinking Cider & Eating Curry - 10/6/20. Calypso Coral, Cinnamon Cider, Crushed Curry; Dessert: add your favorite green. I've used all shades in the challenge but NO dessert, and I've added a neutral: Black. I've tweaked the sketch a bit.
9) ABC13Y25 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Loving Letters--Letter Y - 9/16/20. My letter Y = all my yellow tones in my card.
10) DINSP0720 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--July 2020/ Rain or Shine! - 7/15/20. My card meets the Central theme because it's full of sunshine weather + I've added drama to the background! My card is for the INSPIRATION photo book, a child's book all about weather for a picnic.
11) IC717 - Inspiration Challenge/ Tortik Annushka - 8/31/19. I chose this inspiration: Anemones Cake with Gold! for its colors.
12) MIX318 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Draw A Line - 3/1/19. Challenge: Use a line as a design element! Bonus: include beach, summer, sunshine, warm letter, etc. I used several stamped lines and one of the bonuses, sunshine. My mediums are: dye stamping ink; pigment ink for ink edge distressing.
13) USEIT2020 - Use It Challenge/ June 2021. This is an ongoing/ annual challenge requiring you to use old, long unused items gathering dust AND/OR old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! My OLD/NEW item(s): None. I'm using OLD elements for my card: This is another card that I am using more bits and pieces from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit--Box of Sunshine. I'm also using some really old Core'dinations cardstock that you used to be able to buy at JoAnn's, but not for several years, plus some Bazzill Swiss Dot that I bought at my sister's scrapbook shop back in 2009 when she was still open (used on inside punched corners)!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Paper Pumpkin--June 2020/ Box of Sunshine: AI-style dsp, black & white dot dsp, stamps, irregular hexagon sentiment die-cut. Cardstock--Basic Black, Whisper White. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Other products: Core'dinations Foundations cardstock--Valencia Orange. Bazzill Swiss Dot--Honey Yellow. EK punch--Victorian Corners. Colorbox Chestnut Roan pigment ink (edge distressing). Stash--sequins & red-orange rhinestones. Chatterbox computer verse. Size: 4-3/4 x 6-inches.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66685
Sat, Aug 07, 2021 @ 6:07 PM
A card full of sunshine. Wow! I just knew you had used alcohol ink. Plus, your added papers made it even more beautiful.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda