The card base is Stampin' Up! (SU) Garden Green cardstock. The red and blue plaids are from the SU "Wrapped in Plaid" paper stack.
The center blue plaid is 3"x3" and acts as a square base on which I built the wreath. Each of the 30 die-cut branches were die cut using Spellbinders "Ferns" dies from three different color green cardstocks. They were glued to the blue plaid square to form a wreath.
The pinecones were stamped using a dark brown ink with the pinecone from the 2006 SU "Fantastic Foliage" stamp set on to a single sheet of thick white cardstock. They were then digitally scanned and cut out using my ScanNCut CM350 (I chose to not add a border around the stamped images when I cut them out). After removing the pinecone sheet from my cutting machine, I added a blank white piece of cardstock and cute two more sets of white pinecone shapes to use to stack and glue behind my stamped images to give them added depth and dimension.
Each pinecone was inked using a blending brush to create unique color combos so they didn't all look identical. I then glued two blank pinecone shapes behind each colored image. Using a blending brush again, I colored the white edges of each pinecone brown, and attached each one to the wreath using a Mini Glue Dot.
The gold ribbon across the top was attached with Scor-Tape. I snipped one piece of the gold ribbon in half and added Scor-Tape to attach them to "hang" the wreath per the sketch challenge. The ribbon bow was made using a "Bow Easy" hand wrapping ribbon tool (after more than 20 years of card crafting, I STILL can't tie a bow free-form!!!).
I am rating the difficulty level for this holiday card as a "2" out of a possible "5". Each step was easy, but there were MANY steps to create this card! My first "Christmas in July" card of 2021!
Date: Sunday, July 18, 2021 GMT Views: 163