On to my second Father's Day card for my son-in-law. Once again, I will use the May 2021 Paper Pumpkin - Batter Up! making my own Alternative #2 design. It will use the Seattle Mariners as its theme as well. During the design process, I was able to find 14 challenges, mostly older challenge catch-ups that would fit my card. They are listed below:
1) MSP46 - Misti Monthly Mondays--June 2021/ Use Your PAPER hoard - 6/7/21. Used patterned paper for background.
2) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ June 2021 - 6/1/21 - Monthly. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is the second of three Father's Day cards needed in June.
3) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ June 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! My Old/ New items used: Regals 6x6 DSP--Shaded Spruce purchased in 2019...finally opened package and used one sheet; May 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit using kit die-cuts; Hats Off/ Hat Bldr. dies purchased in April 2021...finally breaking open and using some of stamps/ dies. My Old items used: Memento Blue Danube ink...I think I've only used it one other time in owning it for at least 8 years! It was the perfect blue for this card!
4) CT0421 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--April 2021/ Grand Opening - 4/15/21. Make a baseball themed card in honor of opening day. My card meets the baseball interpretation, plus serves as a Father's Day card as well.
5) MMTPT631 - Teapot Challenge/ Hats On for the Derby! - 8/25/20. Put a hat on your card in honor of the Kentucky Derby, plus add green for mint juleps. I'm playing challenge catch-up so I'm really stretching my hat...not so traditional for the Kentucky Derby, but super traditional for a baseball game! My card boasts lots of green for mint juleps...a nice replacement for beer, though it could be green beer!
6) S2S20JUN - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Say Something Nice - 6/4/20. This is the second card of five needed to complete this challenge. It is my son-in-law's Father's Day card and is full of nice things to say about what a great Dad he is to my little granddaughter, Sienna!
7) ABC10M6 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 10/ Letter M for minerals - 10/3/19. My card depicts the mineral ornamental Jade with the colors of the background striped paper.
WT757 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Thread - 9/12/19. The thread in my card is the stitching in the baseball hat.
9) CAS545 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Stripes - 8/5/19. My stripes are found in the patterned paper background.
10) F4A491 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Base + One! - 7/19/19. Challenge: include a cardbase + one layer + an optional die-cut layer. I have included all three on my card.
12) FS644 - Cullenwr aka Wanda Cullen - 6/9/19. Wanda's gallery is chock full of beautiful and clever cards! For its layout, I was inspired by this lovely card: Twain Quote! I kept the basic layout, the base + one layers with the additional die-cut layers of the shaped pocket-look and circular design (baseball), plus gem enhancements though positioned differently. I changed theme to baseball, the rainbow coloring to just blue, green, and gray, and I added other baseball die-cut elements.
13) MIX329 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Pond Life - 5/17/19. Challenge: use something found in a pond environment...critters, plants, colors, etc. I'm going with colors...ponds always have lots of green vegetation around them and blue skies (if you're lucky) in my neck of the woods. Mediums: dye inks (stamping), Copic markers (gem dot coloring), Wink of Stella-Clear (hat---unfortunately the photo doesn't pick up the sheen...really adds in RIL).
14) CC642 - Color Challenge/ Tranquil Silver Pools - 7/4/17. Colors: Tranquil Tide, Silver, Pool Party. Dessert: Christmas in July. I've substituted Smokey Slate gray sponging on the baseball and the base "pocket" die-cuts instead Silver. NO dessert for me!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide (inside) Smokey Slate (inside). Patterned Paper--Regals 6x6 dsp-Shaded Spruce (2018-19). Stamps/ Dies--Hats Off/ Hat Builder dies (stamp=#1+die=hat). Ink--Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake (ink distressing). Paper Pumpkin/June 2021--Batter Up! Kit--stamps, baseball, bats, gray pocket. Gems--Glitter Enamel Dots (Copic colored Dk. Blue). Other: Papertrey die--To Die for Sentiments/-Happy Father's Day (inside). EK Punch--Victorian Corners. Memento Blue Danube ink. Wink of Stella--Clear. Size--4-3/4x6 inches.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66685
Sat, Jul 03, 2021 @ 3:17 PM
Love those stripes and I really like the cap placement. Super guy card.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda