I wanted to participate in the SCS Teapot Tuesday Challenge--6/22/21 for Larry, husband of SCS friend, Sharon Madson who recently broke his hip. I had the perfect card I almost made in August 2020 from my very first Paper Pumpkin card kit...A Box of Sunshine...une boÃ®te de soleil. In my mind it needed more layers, and I was on a Mom and sister crafting trip in Oregon without proper supplies.
Remembering this kit card design, I knew it was the perfect cheerful HELLO card. Though I remembered the challenge requirements for a cheerful, thinking of you, hello, hugs, and etc. card, what I did NOT remember was the need to think French when making our cards. A challenge idea presented was a French song/ video, which led me to search for a French song to inspire a sun-themed card. I found a lovely song that enchanted me...The French Song--When the Sun Says Good-day to the Mountains sung by Lucille Starr. It a beautiful song, and I played and listened to the video/song several times while completing Larry's card.
In getting ready to put this card together and tweak it if necessary, I found 13 challenges that it would fit. See the list below:
1) MMTPT674 - Teapot Challenge/ Give It a French Touch! - 6/22/21. Challenge: make your card cheerful, thinking of you, hello, feel better, etc. and give it a French touch: the flag, colors: blue, white, red, wine/cheese/ Eiffel Tower, other monuments, painter, singer/song, etc. I went in search of a French song to inspire a sun-themed card. I found a beautiful song that really enchanted me entitled, The French Song...When the Sun Says Good-day to the Mountains sung by Lucille Starr. VoilÃ , a sun is needed!
2) CT0621 Fan Club Monthly Theme--June 2021/ Jukebox! - 6/17/21. My card meets the theme interpretation of inspiration from a song, The French Song...When the Sun Says Good-day to the Mountains sung by Lucille Starr.
3) SC856 - Sketch Challenge - 6/2/21. I have used the sketch as presented, but added my sun to the blank horizontal band.
4) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ June 2021 - Monthly. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is one I needed for June to meet an SCS challenge.
5) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ June 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! Using parts from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin Box of Sunshine kit for my card which is modified from the kit design.
6) CAS639 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Diagonal - 5/24/21.
My sun rays are on the diagonal.
7) FS740 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Cre8tive You and Me (aka Mary Ellen) - 4/11/21. It was fun to browse Mary Ellen's gallery packed with creative cards! I chose two cards and CASEd each for my card: Sweet Hello! and Happy Birthday Sunshine! I chose Sweet Hello for the layout and Hello theme. I chose the Happy Birthday Sunshine, for the colors and sunshine theme. I kept the Hello and sunshine themes from both cards. From the Sweet Hello card, I kept the basic Portrait layout and the idea of a patterned paper BG From the HB Sunshine card, I kept the colors and the sun die-cut. I changed my card to be more multi-layered and popped my sun die-cut over the edge of the sentiment fishtail instead of under. I added a second horizontal band, sunrays to the background, and sequins.
S2S21FEB - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Sending Sunshine - 2/1/21.
9) WT809 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ What's Your Angle - 9/10/20. Challenge: Use an angle(s) on your card. The sunrays are angled!
10) F4A546 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Hello! - 8/7/20.
11) ABC12R22 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 12/ Letter R=rays - 2/19/20. My Letter R is for the golden RAYS provided in by background paper.
12) CC757 - Color Challenge/ Curry & Poppies in My Pie - 9/17/19. Use Crushed Curry, Poppy Parade, and Pumpkin Pie in your card. Dessert: Fall. I've used all three colors, plus Black and White neutrals
13) IC669 - Inspiration Challenge/ Orvis - 9/29/18. I found this inspiration from the need for this item in relation to my card, plus its colors. Champagne Raen Remmy 52 Sunglasses!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Basic Black, Whisper White. Kit--June 2020 Paper Pumpkin/ Box of Sunshine--Gold metallic sun ray paper, stamps (Hello), sun die-cut, black/white dotted strip, fishtail banner. Artistry in Bloom sequins. Other: Patterned paper layer--Pebbles Basic 12x12 Paper Pad (dots). Colorbox Ink--Chestnut Roam (ink distressing). EK punch--Victorian Corners. Chatterbox computer verse. Size--4-3/4 x 6-inches.
Registered: February 19, 2011 Location: Fullerton, CA Posts: 5609
Sun, Jun 27, 2021 @ 7:02 PM
I think the sun must always shine on Paris so even without the music you had a French touch. That sun ray paper is gorgeous and I love the fun sun you have on this. Great card to bring some cheer.
I think I may have already dubbed you, but if not, you are officially (for me) the Challenge Queen. I am always in a bit of awe at the number of challenges you are able to combine into one card and this one is no exception. Brava!
P.S. I listened to the song and it is really lovely. Was glad it had both French and English lyrics, but it was beautiful even when I didn't understand the words.
Registered: March 9, 2007 Location: northern California Posts: 1894
Sun, Jun 27, 2021 @ 9:14 PM
This is SO beautiful! When I saw the challenge for using Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie, I have to admit that it stumped me. Now that I see your gorgeous design, it might be a favorite now.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 118744
Mon, Jun 28, 2021 @ 10:08 PM
That sun is certainly cheerful and uplifting. I don't know your song, but I will disagree with Debbie about the sun always shining in Paris, LOL. In my personal experience it certainly does not. That fine polka dot strip is beautiful.