I've combined both challenges today and it was fun. Jeanne's "Liquid Metals" challenge prompted me to make an alcohol ink background with my gold mixative. A great background for my stamped and die cut flowers and banner using my new stamps and dies from Erin Lee Creative. I struggle with alcohol inks, so I went to Youtube this morning to watch some videos. That's where I found out what I've been doing wrong. I never thought to dry my alcohol inks with my heat gun. It just feels so wrong, but it works beautifully. The woman in the video that I watched also added gilding flakes to her background, so I did that too in the spirit of mixed media. Felt like I didn't have enough die cuts, so I added a couple of hearts and some Stickles for some sparkle.
Wow! This is stunning! Do you know I have been stamping for almost 10 years and I have never had gilding flakes. I think I need to rectify that situation! Your background is stunning and I love that you left the die-cuts black and white. So striking!