Ally gave an intriguing (to me) sketch this week, which resulted in my first slimline card. My daughter water colored the daisies - she used a masking fluid pen for the daisies, did the background, then after everything dried, peeled away the masking fluid then did the flower centers. The process is quite easy, I also made one myself and will use it for my next cards. The panel she made was too big for this card though, so I cut it into two (yeah, it was a bit nerve-wracking to do it)...but I was able to make two cards out of her painting. Because of the orientation of the flowers, I had to flip the sketch. The strip of patterned paper was a scrap, it was not enough to cover the card base , so I put white printer paper first then layered the patterned paper on top. In places where the elements overlap, it became too thick (the water color paper was 140 lb), so I cut off the layer underneath. The sentiment was printed using CaslonNo540SwaD font, then I added the butterfly last (this was cut on the Silhouette). My DD remarked that it looked like a moth, but I said, it is just right - it is for Moth-er's Day, and at this point she rolled her eyes LOL.
Thanks for the sketch, Ally, I liked it so much, I made another card using it! Thanks to everyone who read my ramblings, too!
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021 GMT Views: 435