This is the fourth and final card of this design, and it is my youngest son & his family's 2020 Christmas card (child #4). It is among the four cards that actually were delivered before Christmas, but I admit, only because it did not have to be mailed! For my children's cards, I decided to make almost identical designs but yet different with their favorite color featured. For their card, I chose to go with his wife's favorite color rather than his because he likes blue and his big brother got that one.
Again, I want to give credit for the original card design, compliments of Luci Kirschbaum, who is part of my Stampin' Up demonstrator duo, both also good friends. I tweaked Luci's design a bit, and for the story on my changes, visit the BLUE card in the gallery with the same name. It is the first card in this series of four and gives all that information, so I won't repeat myself.
Playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking, I was able to find 13 challenges that fit this card, and they are shown below:
1) .~DINSP1220 - Fan Club Monthly Theme Challenge--December 2020/ Twinkling Stars & Candy Jars--INSPIRATION PHOTO Challenge - 12/15/20. To meet the main theme, my card features oodles of stars. What a darling photo for inspiration. My card is based on the sweet array of stars only using lavender and purples as those hues are my daughter-in-law's favorite color.
2) .~WT822 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Purple Snowflakes! - 12/10/20. Listening to Christmas music in early December, we had the cable TV Yule Log music on, and I heard John Legend singing "Purple Snowflakes." I thought, "There's an unusual Christmas song, but very pretty." When I saw this challenge along with several others requiring non-traditional Christmas colors, I thought, "all wrapped together it creates the perfect choice...PURPLE, especially since my daughter-in-law loves this color!
3) .~AOCC20 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge gives you a choice of any card theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail them timely to hopefully give you incentive to get it done! A son and daughter-in-law Christmas card needed.
4) .~USEIT2020 - Use It Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! My card uses an old 2013 retired die for the sentiment, which I then modified a bit. It also uses old/new stamps and dies purchased in the fall of 2019 and just opened to use on this card design!
5) .~MIX409 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Non-Traditional Christmas Colors - 11/27/20. This card definitely fits the non-traditional Christmas colors. My mediums are: Silver Metallic ink and Gorgeous Grape stamping inks.
6) .~S2S20OCT - Stamp to Save Challenge/ Color - 10/6/20. This challenge invites us to find a color that inspires us and then be inspired to make a card using that color. My plan was to make a 2020 Christmas card for each of my four children using the same design but different colors. This card is for my youngest son and his family. I was inspired by the color PURPLE a favorite of my youngest son's wife.
7) .~SCSCCSEP20 - Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge/ Year of Colors--PURPLE! - 9/1/20. My card boasts lots of PURPLES in the shades of Gorgeous Grape and Purple Posies, as well as sparkly Silver.
.~F4A541 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Double Down Background - 7/3/20. This challenge requires you to use two background stamps and layer them in two different stamping colors. My first stamp uses a tone-on-tone technique and stamps Gorgeous Grape ink onto the Purple Posie card front. My second BG stamping is a bit more subtle. It is a stream of a bit larger, open-design stars stamped with Silver Metallic ink. The stamping starting at the top right and ended up under the silver die-cut flourish traveling at an angle to the bottom left corner of the card. If you look really hard, you can see the last stamped silver star peeking under the organdy sheer ribbon.
9) .~ABC13P16 - Alphabet Challenge--"Round 13/ Letter P - 7/15/20. My Letter P is for PURPLE!
10) .~CCC20AFEB - Christmas Card Challenge/ Tone-on-Tone Color Stamping - 2/1/20. I used Gorgeous Grape to stamp my bitty galaxy stars on the Purple Posie card front background.
11) .~MMTPT600 - Teapot Challenge/ Hugs for Donna Jeanne - 1/21/20. Playing "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking, this card goes to my youngest son and his family for Christmas 2020. Had I been over a year more timely when this challenge was initiated, my card with a different sentiment would have been perfect for Donna...she loves purple. Because I am entering so late, this card went to my youngest son and his family for Christmas 2020.
12) .~FS610 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ MonkeyDo aka Angel - 10/14/18. I chose this card of Angel's to CASE: Silver Christmas Stars! I was inspired her silver sparkly stars on a pale sponged pastel background. I kept her Christmas theme but changed the color scheme sticking with just the purple hues but much more bold. I changed the layout of my stars, and I included not only silver stars, but purple ones as well.
13) .~IC667 - Inspiration Challenge/ QiQi Gallery - 9/15/18. I found this page for my inspiration and here is the link to take a peek: Whimsical Purple Art. The colors inspired me to make my card full of a galaxy of purple stars.
You are amazing! This is a fabulous set of cards! I just love the splatter with the stars! I just received notifications that you stopped and gave love to a bunch of my cards! Wish I could hug you for real! I love how you combine challenges to come up with an amazing set of cards!