This is the third card of this design, and it is my youngest daughter's 2020 Christmas card (child #3). It was among the four cards that actually were delivered before Christmas, but only because it did not have to be mailed! For my children's cards, I decided to make almost identical designs but yet different with their favorite color featured.
Again, I want to give credit for the original card design, compliments of Luci Kirschbaum, who is part of my Stampin' Up demonstrator duo, both also good friends. I tweaked Luci's design a bit, and for the story on my changes, visit the BLUE card in the gallery with the same name. It is the first card in this series of four and gives all that information, so I won't repeat myself.
Playing my "Challenge Catch-up," I was able to find 13 challenges that fit this card, and they are shown below:
1) ~DDSKETCH1220 - Fan Club Monthly Theme Challenge--December 2020/ Twinkling Stars & Candy Jars--SKETCH Challenge - 12/15/20. To meet the main theme, my card features oodles of stars. I was inspired to tweak the sketch by adding oodles more stars than shown int he sketch, plus a few sparkly flourishes!
2) ~AOCC20 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge gives you a choice of any card theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail them timely to hopefully give you incentive to get it done! Another daughter Christmas card needed.
3) ~USEIT2020 - Use It Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! My card uses an old 2013 retired die for the sentiment, which I then modified a bit. It also uses old/new stamps and dies purchased in the fall of 2019 and just opened to use on this card design!
4) ~S2S20OCT - Stamp to Save Challenge/ Color - 10/6/20. This challenge invites us to find a color that inspires us and be inspired to make a card using that color. My plan was to make a 2020 Christmas card for each of my four children using the same design but different colors. I was inspired by the color combination of black and red...always beautiful together and a favorite of my youngest daughter. She will get this third card in the series. A NOTE: black, red, and silver were her wedding colors...the barn venue was rich and beautiful in the candlelight!
5) ~SCSCCJUN20 - Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge/ Year of Colors--RED! - 6/1/20. My card boasts lots of RED in the shade of Cherry Cobbler, as well as Black & sparkly Silver.
6) ~CCC20APR - Christmas Card Challenge/ Non-Traditional Colors - 4/1/20. Red and Black are not your standard traditional colors, but they sure go well together.
7) ~ABC12S21 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 12/ Letter S - 2/12/20. My Letter S if for star, of course.
~F4A494 - Free 4 All Challenge/ More or Less - 8/9/19. The challenge required you to choose a card from this past week and modify it somehow, i.e. more or less layers... Christmas Stars Shining on High--BLUE! This card has four layers and is such a busy card, I thought one less layers would probably not even be notice, and I was right. This Red & Black version boasts only three base layers.
9) ~MIX338 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Apollo 11 - 7/19/19. The challenge required you to make a card commemorating the moon landing and celebrating space and space exploration. My card speaks to not only reaching the moon going beyond to explore the stars and other universes. My mediums are: Silver Metallic ink and Cherry Cobbler/ Memento Tuxedo Black stamping inks.
10) ~WT745 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Memories! - 6/20/19. I chose a card in my gallery to CASE per the challenge instructions: Jolly Stars! because of its many stars and Christmas theme. I kept the Christmas theme and stars, but changed everything else about this card...the layout, colors, stamps, dies, and embellishments, etc..
11) ~IC697 - Inspiration Challenge/ Disney Music Emporium - 4/13/19. I found this page with the Guardian of the Galaxy movie musical sound track. Here is the inspiration link: Guardian of the Galaxy. The colors and theme inspired me to make my card full of a galaxy of stars.
12) ~FS582 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Ozpom (aka Jayne) - 4/1/18. I chose this card of Jayne's to CASE: FF2Annsforte3...Anyone Seen Some Coloured Snowflakes? I was inspired by the look of her black, red, and sparkly gold. I kept Jayne's Christmas theme and color scheme, except I switched out sparkly gold for sparkly silver. I used stars instead of snowflakes and totally changed my layout and design.
13) ~MMTPT489 - Teapot Challenge/ If Heaven Had Phone Service - 12/5/17. Playing "Challenge Catch-up" this card goes to my youngest daughter as her 2020 Christmas card. The challenge inspiration song, The Rest of the Story, is all about Jesus' death, resurrection, and second coming. It inspired me to think about His birth and arrival on earth for the first time under the Star of Bethlehem. I thought I'd make a Christmas card celebrating his birth and first coming filled with of heavenly stars.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Silver Glimmer, Silver Mercury Glass, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler; Stamps--So Many Stars; Dies--Stitched Stars Dies, Chalk Talk Framelits (sentiment dies/ modified); Ink--Delicata Metallic Silver, Cherry Cobbler and Memento Tuxedo Black stamping ink; Ribbon--Offray 3/8" Silver Stitched; Basic Rhinestones. Size: 4-3/4" x 6-1/4".