This is the second of this design, and it is my oldest daughter's 2020 Christmas card. It was one of those four cards that actually arrived before Christmas. These four were for my children and their families and each was almost identical in design but with different colors for each offspring. I have to confess that these cards only arrived on time because they did not have to be mailed!
Again, I want to give credit for my design that is a modification of an original design from a long ago, 2019 card class compliments of Luci Kirschbaum, who is part of my Stampin' Up demonstrator duo, and good friends. For the story on my design changes, visit the BLUE card in the gallery with the same name. It is the first card in this series of four and gives all that information, so I won't repeat myself.
Playing my "Challenge Catch-up," I was able to find 13 challenges that fit this card, and they are shown below:
1) .WORD1220 - Fan Club Monthly Theme Challenge--December 2020/ Twinkling Stars & Candy Jars--WORD Challenge - 12/15/20. To meet the main theme, my card features oodles of stars. Here are the elements that I used for the WORD challenge for STAR first letters: S=stars, silver, sentiment, stamping; T=turquoise ribbon, A=Adhesive, acetate (mercury glass style), R=Ribbon, rhinestones, ribbon knot.
2) .AOCC20 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge gives you a choice of any theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail them timely. A daughter's Christmas card was needed.
3) .USEIT2020 - Use It Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! My card uses an old 2013 retired die for the sentiment, which I then modified a bit. It also uses old/new stamps and dies purchased in the fall of 2019 and just opened to use on this card design!
4) .S2S20OCT -" Stamp to Save Challenge/ Color - 11/5/20. This challenge invites us to find a color that inspires us and make a card using that color. My plan was to make a 2020 Christmas card for each of my four children using the same design but different colors. I was inspired by the shades of turquoise, because it is my daughter's favorite color, and she will get this second card in the series.
5) .F4A559 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Mostly Blue - 11/6/20. I went with shades of turquoise blues.
6) .ABC13TY20 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Letters TY (double-letter week) - 8/5/20. The stars on this card represent the stars from the constellation Cancer. Why you ask? Because the card is my oldest daughter's 2020 Christmas card, and her astrological sign is Cancer. For the Loving Letters Week of August 5th, for its Letters TY, my elements are: T = Turquoise and Y = the upside down "Y" formation of the 5 major stars making up the Cancer constellation. (Was that a stretch for "Y"? I called it "thinking out of the box"! LOL).
7) .MIX391 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - 7/24/20. The challenge required you to make a little star album/book or card if preferred. My mediums are: Silver Metallic ink and Bermuda Bay stamping ink.
.CCC20FEB - Christmas Card Challenge/ Tone-on-Tone Color Stamping - 2/1/20. I stamped Bermuda Bay onto a lighter shade of the light turquoise background paper, Pool Party.
9) .FS605 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ jostamper52 - 9/6/18. I chose this card of JoAnne's to CASE: So Many Stars & Stargazing. I was inspired by all the stars and the fact that she used the exact stamp/ die set that I wanted to use. I kept all her stars and may have added even more! I switched my color theme from blue shades to turquoise blue shades and her Gray Granite to Silver Glimmer.Â I did not use her Thinking of You theme, because I needed a Christmas card.Â I used different background stamps from the stamp set than she did.
10) .SCSCCMAY18 - Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge/ Letters = S - 5/1/18. My card is full of stars for Letter S and fits this challenge perfectly!
11) .WT685 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Hug an Australian! - 4/26/18. I have chosen to CASE one of Jayne's cards...aka OZPOM. I chose this card: Snowflake Sparkle! because of its stars, turquoise and silver colors, and Christmas theme. I kept the Christmas theme, changed the colors by leaving out white and adding a lighter shade of turquoise. I focused only on stars...no snowflakes, and I changed the layout completely.
12) .IC631 - Inspiration Challenge/ Design Sponge - 1/6/18. I found this page with the turquoise dress incentives, and chose the second grouping of bottles and glassware with its shades of turquoise and clear glass. I imagined turquoise color hues and silver for the sparkly clear glass. Here is the inspiration link: Glass Bottles, Glassware & Decor.
13) .MMTPT488 - Teapot Challenge/ Pole Dancing in Whykickamoocow - 11/28/17. For the Whykickamoocow calendar, my month if August. There are oodles of national celebrations for August...so it was hard to choose one particular representation for August. When I saw National Underwear Day, August 5, it tickled me, and I thought, "This certainly sounds like it fits Whykickamoocow perfectly, that would be my August focus. Since this card is for my oldest daughter, and her favorite color is turquoise, the underwear for August had to turquoise...yes, TURQUOISE UNDERWEAR...perfect! If there are any uninjured Pole Dancers, they should surely sport turquoise underwear for the August picture...LOL!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Silver Glimmer, Silver Mercury Glass, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party; Stamps--So Many Stars; Dies--Stitched Stars Dies, Chalk Talk Framelits (sentiment dies/ modified); Ink--Delicata Metallic Silver, Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black; Ribbon--Offray 3/8" Turquoise Sheer Organza; Basic Rhinestones. Size: 4-3/4" x 6-1/4".
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66669
Thu, Feb 11, 2021 @ 8:54 AM
Beautiful card and I adore the colors. Always love stars.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 49714
Thu, Feb 11, 2021 @ 9:29 AM
O.K., I take back my comment on the last one. It looks fabulous in turquoise, which is my favourite colour. This is so gorgeous, and with your permission, I intend to copy this. Of course, I don't have the mercury glass paper, so mine will look different.
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9