This card was my oldest son's 2020 Christmas card. It was actually one of four cards that actually arrived before Christmas. These four cards were for my children and their families and each was almost identical in design but with different colors for each offspring. I admit that they arrived on time for Christmas because they did not have to be mailed!
For my design, I modified an original card design from a long ago, 2019 card class compliments of Luci Kirschbaum, who is my Stampin' Up demonstrator partnership duo, and both are good friends. My changes were to enlarge the card size and add a silver glimmer layer. I also tweaked the placement of the glimmer flourish placement, which is located below the large mercury glass star. I wanted to expose more of it, as well as change its placement. By cutting it in half, I was able to move the top further to the right from underneath the star and move the bottom hiding near the sentiment to the left above the large star's left leg. I made some of the small stars a bit smaller and shifted their locations, and I added rhinestone to all centers. I elongated the width of my sentiment tag using a different die, and I and modified its shape and size. I added two colors to my tag's tinier stars: navy and silver. I also moved my ribbon and its knot lower, centered behind the sentiment with the knot still to the card's left. To finish, I composed a little verse and decorated the inside to work with the outside design.
Playing my "Challenge Catch-up," I was able to find 13 challenges that fit my card, shown below:
1) CT1220 - Fan Club Monthly Theme Challenge--December 2020/ Twinkling Starts & Candy Jars - 12/15/20. To meet the Central Theme, my card features oodles of stars.
2) AOCC20 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge gives you a choice of any theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail them timely. A son's Christmas card was needed.
3) USEIT2020 -" Use It Challenge/ December - 12/1/20. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! My card uses an old 2013 retired die for the sentiment, which I then modified a bit. It also uses old/new stamps and dies purchased in 2019 and open and used on this card!
4) S2S20OCT - Stamp to Save Challenge/ Color - 11/5/20. This challenge invites us to find a color that inspires us and make a card using that color. My plan was to make a 2020 Christmas card for my son. I was inspired by the color blue, which is my son's favorite color. I had decided on a card design for all four of my children and planned to make each based on their favorite color.
5) ABC134S19 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Letter S - 8/5/20. My card theme to fit the letter S is Stars (featured multiple times) and the cardstock color: Seaside Spray (a light periwinkle blue).
6) SCSCCMAY20 - Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge/ Year of Color = BLUE - 5/1/20. My card is full of blues to fit this challenge perfectly!
7) CCC20APR - Christmas Card Challenge/ Non-Traditional Christmas Card Colors - 4/1/20. My card is a little more traditional than some color I could have used, but does not fit the very traditional reds and greens. It is different shades of blue from Seaside Spray, a light periwinkle, to Night of Navy, a navy blue.
MMTPT598 - Teapot Challenge/ Year of the Rat! - 1/7/20. This card is for my son, who was born in a Year of the Rat. It is his 2020 Christmas card and is full of the color BLUE, his favorite color, and a lucky color for a rat.
9) MIX360 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Blue Christmas - 12/20/19. The challenge required you to incorporate the 2020 Pantone Color of the Year, which is Classic Blue, similar to a shade of navy blue. This card is full of blue, a classic navy being one of them. My mediums are: Silver Metallic ink and Night of Navy stamping ink.
10) F4A475 - Free 4 All Challenge/ My Favorite TV Show - 3/29/19. This is my oldest son's 2020 Christmas card. One of his all-time favorite TV shows and movies is the Star Trek series. In honor of Star Trek, this card is full of Stars.
11) WT662 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Blast Off to Space - 11/16/17. Stars would be a main scenic feature of space travel...my card is full of stars!
12) FS561 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ "C". This Beautiful Gallery: CathieC aka Cathy Cowles - 11/5/17. I chose this card of Cathy's to CASE: Make A Wish! I was inspired by its colors and the beautiful barn stars. I kept Cathy's star theme and color scheme, though I changed the type of stars and the number, as well as used different stamps and dies.
13) IC621 - Inspiration Challenge/ JellyCat - 10/28/17. I found this sweet little bunny hugging his soft blue star and was inspired: Star Bunny Blue Musical Pull.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Silver Glimmer, Silver Mercury Glass, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray; Stamps--So Many Stars; Dies--Stitched Stars Dies, Chalk Talk Framelits (sentiment dies/ modified); Ink: Delicata Metallic Silver, Night of Navy, Memento Tuxedo Black; Ribbon--1/4" Seaside Spray Metallic; Basic Rhinestones. Size: 4-3/4" x 6-1/4".