This card is for two friends' DTGD challenges...I am still creating cards and doing catch up on the challenges. It is worth joining the fan club.
Check the video out on the technique I used. I used the same colours as per the video. I found that my gold EP got stuck on some of the 3D embossed BG but I was happy with the effect.
I used my punch for the metallic copper border at the bottom......which doesn't show up well.
As one of the challenges is to use green and the ink I used on the embossed panel was green I decided to use a lighter metallic green for my flowers and butterflies. The card was starting to look too dark and why I added the red matting. The technique gives a very rich effect and reminds me of a tapestry or fabric. I will use lighter colours next time.
The back die cut was cut out of the same metallic copper paper. I rubbed some rose gold wax on parts of it to try and lighten it. The wax is an interesting medium and I will be using this again in a challenge on the MMJ site down the track.