I have actually had this bluebonnet stamp for YEARS--and it has never seen ink! I just never could figure out what to do with it to make it look good. I got it mostly because I like bluebonnets. Nice to use it finally!
I positioned the stamp in my MISTI, and "inked" the flower part with a blue marker, then stamped onto a piece of bristol paper. I spread the color with a damp paintbrush, then repeated the process with a green marker for the stem/leaves. I started inking up the stamp with a darker blue marker to add some accents--and the stamp came off the MISTI door! It's a red rubber stamp, so it was a choice of start over or figure out something else, since there was no way to line it up again. So I just took the marker direct to the paper, and dotted darker spots, then softened them with my brush. I added spots with a white colored pencil, then went over those with a white gel pen. The pencil helped "seal" the marker color, so the gel pen ink wouldn't absorb it as much. Finally, I die cut it with an oval die.
I die cut several leaves from 3 different scraps of green cardstock. I also die cut a "mat" for my image/leaf cluster from blue cardstock with a "Moroccan Accents" die.
I adhered the board patterned paper to my card base, then glued on my blue accent mat. I adhered a strip of patterned paper I found in my scrap stash, that I thought went perfectly with the bluebonnet. I added my leaves, then glued my focal oval on top.
I stamped the greeting in Cobalt ink onto a strip of vellum, ran it through my Xyron Sticker Maker, adhered it to another strip of vellum, ran it through the Sticker Maker again, and adhered it over the oval. The greeting didn't show up enough, though, so I got a fine-point Sharpie and went over the letters. Thankfully, it was an easy font to trace!
Date: Monday, April 6, 2020 GMT Views: 186