So glad that Judy chose this technique for today's TLC755 challenge. It was on my list to try, but I don't think I'd have got to it so quickly, and it's like magic. I'll definitely be using this again - bonus, the stencil stays clean.
I used the normal Big Shot cutting sandwich, on the base plate I put a square of felt, then my card, then my stencil, then the top plate. This has always worked well for me when embossing stencils. I used some pastel colours, and then decided that it would be a good idea to tuck a sympathy card into my stash so I just added some wildflowers and a butterfly from my desk. Some time back I stamped and coloured all the butterflies in this set, still have a few left. I used some wire for the antennae. The wings and some of the wildflower heads are popped up on foam, and there's SN clear glitter on the flower heads. Stamped the sentiment on vellum, tore the edges and wrapped it round the panel before attaching it to the base.
Date: Monday, August 12, 2019 GMT Views: 791
Registered: August 10, 2006 Location: Sunny Florida Posts: 25290
Mon, Aug 12, 2019 @ 8:53 AM
Sabrina, I love the colors you used with the stencil. It turned out beautifully. The previously colored butterfly is beautiful and I like your idea to use wire for the antennae. Beautiful card, Sabrina!
Registered: February 23, 2016 Location: El Paso, TX Posts: 19296
Sat, Aug 17, 2019 @ 6:18 AM
You did a bang up job with this technique and it makes into a soft and pretty sympathy card. I tried this challenge with several different stencils with mucky results opting not to post ANY of them. That butterfly is a vivid masterpiece and really adds some pop against the softer bg.
------------------------------ Linda aka Bubbles
I'm not a Hoarder . . . I'm the Curator of an extensive collection of embellishments!!
Proud Fan Club Member Guest Designer Color Challenge July 2017 Favorites Notification Team