I'm trying to get back into challenges at least once a week. Initially I made this for the Technique Monday challenge, then thought I could "almost" get away with the Clean and Simple. Today, I was going thru the Free for All gallery.
* Brown card base is dry embossed with We R Memory Keepers Next Level folder
* Altenew Build A Flower Rose was stamped using the MISTI and all 4 "coffee break" brown inks, then cut with coordinating die. I also offset the rose with three brown die cuts.
* The rose and leaves are sitting on a panel of "faux wood barn", unfortunately, you can't really see the colors or texture. It's subtle IRL. I also stamped a couple of leaves from another Altenew set upon it. Foam mounted panel.
* Die cut word joy from "enjoy" and sponged for a mock ombre effect
* Inside panel is cream and scored and stamped with a sentiment and leaves
* Created a coordinating envelope from kraft cs
I realize it's a bit busy for CAS.
Thank you for looking and sharing your inspiration too.
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 GMT Views: 1572
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Proud Fan Club Member Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: April 18, 2011 Location: Melbourne, Aus Posts: 51850
Wed, Mar 07, 2018 @ 6:40 PM
WooHoo it is so lovely to see you in the galleries Deborah AND with such a fabulous creation. I love how rich the embossing makes the brown card look. The faux wood and flowers are gorgeous. Your matching envelope is the icing on the cake. Hugaroonies my friend.
Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Registered: August 10, 2006 Location: Sunny Florida Posts: 25290
Thu, Mar 15, 2018 @ 7:44 PM
What a marvelous and striking piece of art, Deborah!! I love coffee colors you use on the beautiful rose, and the embossing on the black card base is great. The envelope is fantastic also. I love the card!!
Registered: February 3, 2005 Location: Delray Beach, FL Posts: 34769
Sat, Mar 17, 2018 @ 7:13 PM
Oh, Deborah, it is so good to see you in the gallery again! I LOVE this card, and what a fabulous flower with the "coffee break" inks! So beautiful and such depth! You surely had to work hard to get these stamps sets to make it look so absolutely perfect! It's stunning, sweet Deborah, and I love the embossed base! Hugaroonies back, sweet friend!! Hugs! xoxo
Proverbs 3:5-6 My blog