Using a 6Â” square green die cut shape, I trimmed off about 1Â” from one side then dry embossed with cuttlebugs mosaic EF. I painted the piece with antique white acrylic paint and dried with heat tool.
After sanding raised design I sponged antique linen distressed ink then die cut a window in a similar shape as base.
Using gold delicata ink, I stamped a small French script randomly, then using vintage photo ink, I randomly stamped small ink blotches. It looks better IRL.
I stamped 2 images using Stampendous Tiny Price Stamp, which includes the sentiment and baby Jesus image. For the sentiment, I added various shades of browns and colorwashed the perimeter of the sentiment giving it an aged appearance, then adhered behind the window.
I used markers to color the image, and gold glitter pen on the halo perimeter, then fussy cut it and popped it up on foam dots, positioning it over the same stamped image peeking out of the window.
I fussycut the elongated star and colored with silver glitter pen and popped up on one foam dot.
I die cut the holly leaves and glued on the cut edge on right side. Used a 1/8Â” paper punch for the holly berries.
The card base is a dark avocado green with tiny gold polkadots.
Im happy with the results of the acrylic distress technique and will use it again.
Thanks for looking.
Date: Monday, October 2, 2017 GMT Views: 774
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 118713
Mon, Oct 02, 2017 @ 11:01 PM
How very beautiful. I'm not familiar with that embossing folder; it's a lovely one and perfect for this technique. The colours you used are lovely, especially with the background DP. And then there's that sweet image and great sentiment, an all-round fantastic card.