I really liked the look of the background paper, so I started off by using some of my $2 for a whole book of sheet music score for the background. Then I embossed the baroque stamp over it, and burnished in the Black Soot Ranger Ink into the background that wasn't embossed.
The great thing about those inks is you can do fun stuff by spritzing your stamp with water, so I spritzed my French Script stamp and stamped it into the background and dried it with the embossing heat gun. It's faint...look closely haha!
Tried to follow the black theme but it has been grey and rainy here in Portland for weeks, so i needed some color. My banner and button focal points is my spin on the tied ribbon and circle with the graphic. I used my new PTI button dies to create the centerpieces of stamped on music paper in the buttons, and relied on the buttons for some spring color.
I hope you see the inspiration, and it sure was fun playing along!
Date: Monday, March 28, 2011 GMT Views: 905