Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pink ATG Refill Question

Hello everyone. I was finally able to get my hands on a pink atg at Michaels and have a question about the 3m refills they carry. They carry both general purpose and acid free. Besides the one being acid free, is there any difference in the two types that would make me choose one or the other?? Is the adhesive the same in both?? I primarily make cards and don't do scrapbooking. Thanks for your time, Angel
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Oh, can't help you with this....I only got my pink ATG late last week. And I never DID find the refills in my Michael's! I'm 99% sure, though, that the two refills that were in my box were acid free. It had plenty of stick and I was very pleased with it.

BTW, since I've already gone thru one 36 yard refill and am about halfway thru my second roll, I placed an order today for 12 more rolls...thought I might use a discount code at Overstock (cheap shipping), but it was WAAYYYY more than at The Tape Depot (Home - The Tape Depot - TheTapeDepot.com - The One and Only Tape Superstore. We carry Adhesive Tape, ATG Tape, Conspicuity Tape, Copper Tape, Duct Tape, Camo Tape, Carton Sealing Tape, Double Coated Tape, DOT Tape, Electrical Tape, Floor Tape, Foil T). I think Overstock was in excess of $60 for 12 rolls of 3M 1/4" tape (acid free), and the same number of rolls (acid free) at The Tape Depot was $23. Wow. What a difference!

I'll keep an eye on this thread, as I'm also curious to hear what others' might say.

Blessings,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #3  
SAH
Inking Addict

The general purpose Scotch refills at Michael's are 5.99 for a box of 2, so if you have a 50% coupon, that is only 1.50 per roll (the equivalent of $18 for 12 rolls) - even cheaper than the Tape Depot. Even with the 40% coupons it is only 1.80 per roll (21.60 /12)

It depends on how fast you use it. If you need a lot all at once it is probably easier to get it at the Tape Depot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Default ATG refills at Michael's

I use the acid free scotch refills. They are $16.99 for two rolls, but with the 40% off coupon, they come down to just over $10 for 2, or $5 each. This is better than Tape Depot, where they are on sale for $5.50 each plus shipping, minimum order is 12, I think.
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #5  
SAH
Inking Addict

The scotch acid free refills at my Michael's are $9.99 for 2 rolls (36 yards each),so with a 40% coupon they are $3.00 per roll.

For card making I use the non acid free ones - they are half the price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for asking this question! I've been debating whether to do the online ordering thing, too. So far my Michaels has the refills in stock. Considering there are only two other people in town with these guns (because they only got in three), I doubt the refills are going to fly out the door very quickly.

Since I don't need 12 rolls at a time, I'm planning to pick up a set of refills whenever I have a 50% coupon. It's a lot easier on my personal budgeting that way.

Also, since someone mentioned about the acid-free qualities of this tape ... I noticed on the box that it says even the acid-free stuff shouldn't be used on pictures. Um, if I'm not supposed to use it on pictures, why would I buy the acid-free stuff? Any thoughts on that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is something I found while ordering ATG tape recently. The price for 12 rolls of 1/4" tape from Tape Depot is $23.50, plus $5.95 shipping, which is not a bad deal.

Then, I decided to check ebay to see what they had. Lo and behold, Tape Depot sells the exact same tape on ebay for only $22.95, with FREE shipping. I don't know what that's all about, but I ordered it from ebay of course.

It arrived promptly via Priority Mail. Can't figure out why they sell the same thing cheaper on ebay, but my budget is the better for it.

12 ROLLS - ATG REFILLS - SCRAPBOOK TAPE - 1/4" X 36YD - eBay (item 220647976050 end time Sep-02-10 07:37:36 PDT)

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Then, I decided to check ebay to see what they had. Lo and behold, Tape Depot sells the exact same tape on ebay for only $22.95, with FREE shipping. I don't know what that's all about, but I ordered it from ebay of course.

It arrived promptly via Priority Mail. Can't figure out why they sell the same thing cheaper on ebay, but my budget is the better for it.

12 ROLLS - ATG REFILLS - SCRAPBOOK TAPE - 1/4" X 36YD - eBay (item 220647976050 end time Sep-02-10 07:37:36 PDT)

Interesting.........very interesting.........good to know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I have found the same thing .... the refills being cheaper on ebay. Another way I buy them is a few of us (local gals) go in and get a bunch and it is even cheaper. FYI, I have bought many times from The tape Depot and give them two thumbs up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been trying to find a Canadian Supplier. I found one and they charge $5.50 each for 6 pack (acid free) but want $15 to ship UPS, no standard mail options that I could see. Anyone know any other suppliers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Refills for Pink & ALL 3M ATGs

The 36 yd rolls of tape come in varying kinds. The Gold 908 tape is acid free and archival because it's an industrial tape used by picture framers. The 908 is the best for scrapbooks because families can keep them for 100 years. The 3M 904 refill has a red plaid leader. This tape is acid free but not archival. It's fine for cards and is much less expensive than the Gold. There's even a less expensive 3M tape than the 904 that is okay for cards, too. I don't know the number for this tape, but you can check the 3M website. The least expensive way to buy this tape is to buy 12 rolls (one box) or more at one time. If you buy 13 or more rolls, you get a lower price. I asked my card making buddies to order with me. The tape cost us about $2.37 per roll of 904. That's $0.0018 per inch. With shipping fees, the tape price came to about one penny per inch. Google "3m 904 tape bulk", or something like that, and you should get several sources. I have found eBay to be much more expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I sell on eBay and have several Canadian customers. Unfortunately, the US postal rates increased drastically in May. A full box of ATG tape would not fit into a small Flate Rate Priority Mail box (this box fits a VCR tape cassette). But about 4-6 rolls should fit. The postage would be $13.45 USD from US to CAN. First Class mail might be less (I can't tell you because I'd have to pack and weigh the tape), but First Class International can no longer be insured (the post office wouldn't let me insure my last package). If the items you order do not fit into a small Flate Rate Box, the next size package would cost $24.50 USD. A lot of stores will not ship internationally because of the high rates and inability to insure items. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Default ATG refills

I just purchased 36 rolls for $70 and got free shipping from TapeDepot.com I actually split the order with my friend. I was a little freaked out when the order arrived because you can tell that the tape depot takes a really large roll and cuts it down to 1/4 in themselves. Each roll was a little different and some had jagged edges on the inside disc. BUT...I've been through 4 rolls so far and actually like their tape better than the 3M tape! I noticed that the 3M tape sorta gummed up at the end and the tape depot has a clean break when you release. Hope this info helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

I was looking for the refills in Michael's. I have the Glue Glider and wanted an ATG refill for it but I was looking for packaging that said it was for an ATG gun and didn't find any. Does the package specify it's for that gun?

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorraineBKView Post
I was looking for the refills in Michael's. I have the Glue Glider and wanted an ATG refill for it but I was looking for packaging that said it was for an ATG gun and didn't find any. Does the package specify it's for that gun?
I can't imagine using the same adhesive in the Glue Glider and the ATG gun cuz they are so totally different. I have both of them, but refilling the ATG is by far cheaper for me.
I'm in Canada, and usually everything costs more for us, but especially shipping, but at Tape depot if you spend $50 or more, shipping is free.....even to Canada......so to get to over $50, I bought 26 rolls. I'll probably end up sharing with gals in my card group. I bought the non acid free cuz we are making cards. Works out to $2 roll, with the free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniewView Post
I can't imagine using the same adhesive in the Glue Glider and the ATG gun cuz they are so totally different. I have both of them, but refilling the ATG is by far cheaper for me.
I'm in Canada, and usually everything costs more for us, but especially shipping, but at Tape depot if you spend $50 or more, shipping is free.....even to Canada......so to get to over $50, I bought 26 rolls. I'll probably end up sharing with gals in my card group. I bought the non acid free cuz we are making cards. Works out to $2 roll, with the free shipping.
Annie, 2 things - Not a big deal but don't know if you noticed, but this is a really old thread from a year ago in 2010.

Also, she may have been talking about the Pink ATG gun which they're selling everywhere now. It is called a "Tape Glider" instead of a gun, for some reason, although it is exactly the same as the red ATG gun that so many people have, except it is pink in color. The term "glider" has confused many people and they don't know it is actually a tape gun.

It uses the same tape refills that the regular ATG guns use.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Here is something I found while ordering ATG tape recently. The price for 12 rolls of 1/4" tape from Tape Depot is $23.50, plus $5.95 shipping, which is not a bad deal.

That's what I do too.
AND I just replaced my old Tape Depot gun, with the pink one for Michaels, and I got it for $10 because someone opened it and took the tape out of the box! :grin::grin::grin:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I buy the 144 rolls from tapedepot.com: The Leading Tape Depot Site on the Net at a time. Shipping is free..comes out to 1.19 per roll. Many of the ladies I stamp with use this too so it is a great deal.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loves SUView Post
I have been trying to find a Canadian Supplier. I found one and they charge $5.50 each for 6 pack (acid free) but want $15 to ship UPS, no standard mail options that I could see. Anyone know any other suppliers?
Hi
depending on where you live here is a supplier in CANADA: If they are in your town maybe you can up a case for yourself.

www.nhsmediastore.com/[/URL]

NHSMEDIASTORE.COM | Serving customers for the past 20 years in Canada | Toll Fre - ATG Tape & Applicators
http://http://www.nhsmediastore.com/...plicators.aspx
They seem to have a sale on right now. So compare the prices and see if it is a good deal for you.
Eg. a yellow atg gun is $40/ red 1/4" is $35
and the 1/4 " regular is something like $3.50 a roll or s $42. a case of 12
I believe they are $4.50 a roll normally.

I don't recall what the shipping is but they are fast in sending your order.

If you have some friends that you "stick" with maybe you can get together and order a case or two and split it amongst yourselves.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

[url=http://www.nhsmediastore.com/]NHSMEDIASTORE.COM | It says they are in usa too and will ship to usa~!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

[url=http://www.nhsmediastore.com/]NHSMEDIASTORE.COM | It says they are in usa too and will ship to usa~!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberAKAmomView Post
That's what I do too.
AND I just replaced my old Tape Depot gun, with the pink one for Michaels, and I got it for $10 because someone opened it and took the tape out of the box! :grin::grin::grin:
I just bought the pink ATG at Michael's, and when I got home and opened it, it had no tape in it! When I exchanged it, the clerk didn't question me about it at all. She just said to go get another one. I wonder if they've had this happen before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

subbing

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is a website I always use. You'll get 6 rolls of 1/4" doublesided tape for $9.99 plus S&H which is $ 4.95 for Flat-Rate

ATG Tape 1/4 x 36 yds. (6 rolls) [ATG-7502b] : My Sheri CRAFTS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sabrina...Thanks so-o-o much for the link to inexpensive ATG refills. Price was great! So glad for these links! Shipping has gone up, but still wonderful pricing. Martie R.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best price I have found so far for the tape refills is from Tapedepot.com. Its 23 & change for 12 rolls of acid free tape plus free shipping on $50 (including to Canada). It works out to about $1.95 for a roll of acid free tape where most other places are at least $3 and above. I do both scrapbooking and card making, so this was the best deal for me.
Reply With Quote Likes