Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions needed re: stampin spots, markers, reinkers?

Some of you know I live full time in a motor home so space is a major concern. (I already have way more stamping supplies than I really ought to...)
I purchased a set of spots 3-4 years ago (BB) and they are really drying out - the pad seems very hard, too. I have 2 newer sets that are still in pretty good shape. As I need to replace items, I am wondering what is the best way to go.
I like using markers (currently have only a small accumulation of mostly Marvy) and also like watercolor pencils.
Would reinkers work with the stamping spots as they get dried out - for colors I use most?

I should add - I have quite a few ink pads of various types that I bought before I knew about SU - I hardly use them but don't really have an outlet for getting rid of them.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Reinkers absolutely work with the Stampin' Spots -- don't replace, re-ink! I have all the Spots (and reinkers), and only a couple of the big pads. I've had my Spots for a long time, and haven't had to re-ink too often, so my reinkers are lasting a good long time, too! Go for it! :mrgreen:

Happy trails....

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

My girlfriend was living in her motorhome for a bit, just to save some money and she said that her spots were the best, and she has all of the SU markers too. Lots of colors and they take up a little space. If you have some spots already, 2 families of colors fit into the case that the SU Background stamps come in. So I would suggest getting the rest of the spots and reinkers. Plus the reinkers are very versitile also, using aqua painters and numerous other techniques. Don't forget...."Home is where your parked"
Hope this helps,
Kate

~~Kate~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I know what you mean about the spots, I never buy them anymore because they dried up sooo fast, very dissapointing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my spots for 3 years and they are just now starting to dry out, so I say go for the spots and get the markers and reinkers too! Like Kate said, you can fit 2 families in 1 background box! Perfect for the mobile lifestyle ;)

Dorothy, my Dad sells lots of stuff on eBay right from their RV. He's got a paypal account and he doesn't allow anyone to send him checks anymore because of the traveling. It works out really well for him. I'd suggest selling off the items you don't use anymore, especially if they are taking up space! I know how limited it can be in the RV!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

First, spots will generally dry out quicker than the regular pads because of their size and design (not quite as airtight). The can, however, be refilled. Also, you mgith consider storing your spots in an airtight container, ie rubbermaid, glad, or even a zip lock bag, to help slow down the drying out.

Second, since space is a concern, I would probably stay with the smaller pads for colors you done use often and invest int he larger pads for the few colors you use most often, is Basic Black, maybe a brown, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes