Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Black stamp Pad

I called DS on Friday & asked about the new foam black stamp & was told they are still having quality issues & to buy staz On instead. guess if we buy the new black stamp pad we are taking a chance of it smearing, it is not worth it for me since I have a lot of the old black pads that I use at workshops..Do you think they will get this problem with the new black pads fixed? I am thinking not.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My demo said at her September stamp club that they were also looking into the Whisper White and Very Vanilla paper as well-they could be part of the problem. Since I started stamping in early 2009 I've used black Stazon, Colorbox Chalk ink in Blackbird and Distress Ink Black Soot.

It's odd that SU has had the issues with their black inkpad for so long-for awhile it was too purple and now it smears. Demos must be very frustrated, since Stazon is a bother to clean off stamps and the pad costs more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

If they are having problems with the black, why are they still selling it? I just bought the classic pad. Is that the one they're having problems with, or is it the pigment pad? I haven't opened it yet so haven't tried it out. I also bought a Reinker. Is that okay to use on the old black stamp pad?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you have a demo, she should have told you not to buy the new black ink pad. Su is still having quality issues with it. I called DS last week & this is what they told me. I have told my workshop group not to buy the new black ink pad because of this. Yes, you can use the refill on the old black ink pad, but you cannot use the old reinker on the new ink pads if this makes any sense to you. I would call DS & ask to trade it for another ink pad. Try it first & see if it smudges & If it does for sure call Ds for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much for the info. What a wonderful resource SCS is for this kind of thing. I still don't understand why Stampin Up would continue to sell a product they're having problems with. I don't want to look like a real dummy, but what does DS stand for? I ordered from someone through SCS. Should I contact her about the problem?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Your are not a dummy. Ds stands for demo Support. Whoever you bought it from I would contact her.
Reply With Quote Likes