Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2021, 06:52 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts
Default Questions about prices

Hello everyone,

I am watching a lady She from UK on youtube videos She has online store and it has prices. Like E6.99 E3.99 E1.99 and so forth So if someone was order in the US. How would you figure out the prices? I am just wondering about this? And what about shipping? How would figure that out too?
Website say this below: What dose DPD stand for? What E 15 stand for? Is that 15 dollars and US money? E5 IS that five dollars in US money? I try understand this and how works? Thanks Linda

No-one wants to worry about deliveries - so at Craft Label, we make it easy! All orders are fully tracked and sent via DPD across the UK. Standard delivery takes 3-5 working days, and is free on orders over £15. Need it faster? No problem - upgrade to premium delivery for £5, or spend over £50 to get it free!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Linda!
If you send the website it would be easier to confirm, but usually E stands for Euro, £ is for Pound the British currency. When referred to US dollars websites abroad usually put USD to be clear. If you want to convert the prices you can use a website called xe.com. The currency fluctuates daily but today for example £1 = U$ 1.41(US dollars). So to know the prices you need to multiply by the rate of the day.
Shipping price is set for UK, for sure it costs more to ship to US, maybe enter in contact with the website and ask about it. Usually it varies according to weight. I hope this helps you.

Eliana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Me again!
DPD is a courier service in UK, like UPS
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello everyone,

I am watching a lady She from UK on youtube videos She has online store and it has prices. Like E6.99 E3.99 E1.99 and so forth So if someone was order in the US. How would you figure out the prices? I am just wondering about this? And what about shipping? How would figure that out too?
Website say this below: What dose DPD stand for? What E 15 stand for? Is that 15 dollars and US money? E5 IS that five dollars in US money? I try understand this and how works? Thanks Linda

No-one wants to worry about deliveries - so at Craft Label, we make it easy! All orders are fully tracked and sent via DPD across the UK. Standard delivery takes 3-5 working days, and is free on orders over £15. Need it faster? No problem - upgrade to premium delivery for £5, or spend over £50 to get it free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for information Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 12:22 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Not all sites offer international shipping - if they do, they will often have a flat rate that you’ll be able to find on their web site under something like “delivery information”. If you can give us the web address of the site Linda, we might be able to find the information quickly to save you hunting for it (I’m fairly used to UK sites and I’m sure some other people are too).

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 01:09 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

If the site sends internationally who they use to process payments will convert the monetary units automatically for which country you are in. You will usually need to create an account & login to get this feature.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 07:28 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Ok symbols were covered.

Many European sites will convert for you to US dollars. Look to see if there is a USD in the upper right hand corner. Otherwise yes you will need to do the math. But think of it this way...if a pound is running 1.40 US, it is almost half again. So 10 pounds would be 15. I tend to round up.

This is a conversion site
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

HOWEVER....many companies will not ship here. Especially after recent postage increases.

A good place to look for foreign company product is TopFlight Stamps. They dont have the dovecraft but they may have others in the future for you. They will show it in US dollars and they are here in the states.

https://topflightstamps.com/

Those videos can be very enticing!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
dini (05-25-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
Not all sites offer international shipping - if they do, they will often have a flat rate that you’ll be able to find on their web site under something like “delivery information”. If you can give us the web address of the site Linda, we might be able to find the information quickly to save you hunting for it (I’m fairly used to UK sites and I’m sure some other people are too).
She mentions Craft Label in the bit at the bottom which looks to be cut and pasted from the site. And they only deliver in the UK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
She mentions Craft Label in the bit at the bottom which looks to be cut and pasted from the site. And they only deliver in the UK.
I saw the mention of Craft Label but the site I found had completely different wording in their delivery bit (including a different threshold for free shipping - £19 rather than £15 - no mention of DPD) so I wondered if Linda was looking at somewhere different.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a Brit living in the US who often has stuff shipped to the US everything everyone said is spot on but you all forgot the extra % that your credit card will charge for a foreign transaction
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
dini (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 653 Likes on 438 Posts

Linda, if there is a specific brand of stamps this lady is using that you like, you might want to google and see if there is a distributor here in the U.S. That way you will have the price and shipping info in US information. I have done that for several stamps like Lavinia and been successful. Obviously that doesn't work with every stamp, but it might. Good Luck.

Also, there are some credit cards that do not charge the international fee for currency conversion. I think Capital One is one of the companies but I am not sure it if the whole company or just specific credit cards they offer. So if you have multiple credit cards you do use, you may want to check with those companies to see if any of them offer that service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frantic Stamper also carries a large number of foreign crafting supplies. https://www.franticstamper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie
Question how did you search in good meaning b specific brand by products? Or search by both? Thank for the in put? Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCView Post
Linda, if there is a specific brand of stamps this lady is using that you like, you might want to google and see if there is a distributor here in the U.S. That way you will have the price and shipping info in US information. I have done that for several stamps like Lavinia and been successful. Obviously that doesn't work with every stamp, but it might. Good Luck.

Also, there are some credit cards that do not charge the international fee for currency conversion. I think Capital One is one of the companies but I am not sure it if the whole company or just specific credit cards they offer. So if you have multiple credit cards you do use, you may want to check with those companies to see if any of them offer that service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 653 Likes on 438 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Debbie
Question how did you search in good meaning b specific brand by products? Or search by both? Thank for the in put? Thanks Linda
Linda, I was looking for the brand of stamps so I just searched with the manufacturer name -- once for Lavinia stamps and another time for All & Create . I typed: "lavinia stamps in the us". You do have to be careful because even though you say U.S., you will still get some European and British sites in the results. Iif you have a specific stamp that you want, I would search with the company name and the stamp name. I hope that helps.

Last edited by DebbieinOC; 05-25-2021 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 08:16 PM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craft Stash is a UK craft company who has some products that seem pretty inexpensive. They have a branch in Canada that also severs us. Their nesting dies are much less expensive than Hero or Waffle flower.
https://www.craftstash.us/?gclid=Cj0...EaAtRHEALw_wcB
often when they ship out of the country there is a currency converter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Ladies.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 07:24 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Good points on fees. Paypal charges a conversion fee for sure but then bills it in USD so the CC wont do it too.
Reply With Quote Likes